/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cold medsins

Esther462
03-03-2010, 04:11 PM
When I get cold's I get them bad and I try an plod on with life as best I can, as I don't like staying in bed when I'm ill. I've tryed many cold tablet but most of them have caffie in and my body dosen't cope with caffie very well. My keyworker surjested I take some cold medsins and we went out together today and brought some. I took a douse and then read the ingreadents and it got alchol in. What should I do? I do need to take it as it makes me feel a bit better.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
When I get cold's I get them bad and I try an plod on with life as best I can, as I don't like staying in bed when I'm ill. I've tryed many cold tablet but most of them have caffie in and my body dosen't cope with caffie very well. My keyworker surjested I take some cold medsins and we went out together today and brought some. I took a douse and then read the ingreadents and it got alchol in. What should I do? I do need to take it as it makes me feel a bit better.

I don't know much about what medicines are available to you over there, but here where I am there are usually offbrand medicines of the same type that do not have the alcohol. For example name brand Nyquill contains alcohol, but the offbrands of Nyquill usually do not have alcohol. Maybe you could check if your stores carry offbrands that do not contain alcohol.

Another thing I suggest for colds is to try herbal and home remedies.

Esther462
03-03-2010, 07:09 PM
It is a branded one. Beechams All in one. There weren't any none branded medsins and plus the herble medsins don't work with me.

جوري
03-03-2010, 08:31 PM
if it is a cold you actually have, then all you need are fluids and bed rest.
Maybe something plain for aches and pain and the low grade fever like acetaminophen but that is about it..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karina
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
And some honey, lemon and fresh ginger. :statisfie

Life_Is_Short
03-03-2010, 09:20 PM
What's Caffie?

Raaina
03-03-2010, 09:27 PM
As other's have suggested, best thing for a cold is bed rest, honey, lemon and fresh ginger and lots of it :)

Woodrow
03-03-2010, 10:03 PM
While a cold makes you feel miserable and I do not want to underestimate it. But a sad fact is an untreated cold is going to last 2 weeks and a treated one is going to last 14 days.

All you can do is treat the symptoms while waiting for your body to heal itself. Some very good advice has been given. The best treatments are honey, lemon juice and aspirin or acetaminophen. Some people find Alka-Seltzer Plus to be helpgul.

Esther462
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I take parcitamal to help with the pain but it dosen't help with noses. I don't like honey and lemon. Maybe I could try it again as I'm older.

Raaina
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
I take parcitamal to help with the pain but it dosen't help with noses. I don't like honey and lemon. Maybe I could try it again as I'm older.
Sister, honey and lemon is quite bitter, add a teaspoon of sugar and it will taste better :)

Esther462
03-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Sukran/thank you sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!