/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lion opens the car rear door

islamirama
03-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Lion opens the car rear door at Lions Safari Park

The heart-stopping moment when a lion calmly padded up to a car on safari... and pulled open the door with a 300lb lion in the offing, the couple visiting the safari park could at least console themselves that they had the protection of their car..

They watched in glee as the big cat padded up to their white Toyota .

Then fascination turned to terror as the creature calmly took the rear-door handle between its teeth ... and pulled it open.

Curiosity: The lion ambles up to the white Toyota and tries the door handle

Now let me get a good grip: The lion puts its jaws around the handle

I'm sure I can get in here: The lion starts to open the door of the car

Open sesame: It tugs open the door leaving the occupants sitting in stunned disbelief before they drive off

For several seconds the car remained immobile as its occupants sat in stunned disbelief. Then the driver pulled away, with the lion in hot pursuit.

It chased its quarry all the way to the gates, where a game warden threw a stone to shoo it back into the enclosure.

The drama was played out at Lion Safari Park in Johannesburg , South Africa, and captured on camera by British tourist Richard Holden, who was in the car behind.

At the start of the trail, visitors are warned to lock windows and doors and take off all removable items such as antennas.

But Mr Holden, 32, an engineer, who was on holiday with wife Candice, 32, a teacher, and their two-year-old daughter Faye, said the car in front had obviously left the doors unlocked.

Since the lions at the park are fed every day, there is little chance that the Toyota couple would have been eaten.

'But they must have been panicking because they didn't drive off straight away,' said Mr Holden, from Tewkesbury , Gloucestershire. 'If that had been me, I would have hit the gas.'

Outta here: The lion looks on as the car it was trying to get into zooms away

__

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
03-04-2010, 05:55 AM
I am so terrified of lions it must be all the nature shows I use to watch as kid had I been in this situation I probably would have had a heartattack.
I went to a wildlife park in kenya and they literally fed the grown lions a rib they were large ribs but they still were ribs nothing like they are used to in the wild. The lions know when the food is coming so they bang on the metal door and start roaring... very scary, i'm pretty sure that if that lion was given the chance to eat that couple it would. Lions kept in captivity are not fed well.
Salam

CosmicPathos
03-04-2010, 05:58 AM
well there are videos on youtube in which lions ate a man trying to take photographs.

Maryan0
03-04-2010, 06:06 AM
The thing I don't get about that guy being eaten was the fact that there were 2 cars there and nobody thought to drive the cars into the lions? all they did was wave their hats around as if waving your hat at a lion is going to scare it away.
Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
03-04-2010, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
The thing I don't get about that guy being eaten was the fact that there were 2 cars there and nobody thought to drive the cars into the lions? all they did was wave their hats around as if waving your hat at a lion is going to scare it away.
Salam
I know. but it indeed was sad. Imagine, a husband, a father being eaten away in front of his wife and children. imsad

I would rapture and eat through any animal and break open its bony skull and shatter away its brain tissue if it touched my dad.

Maryan0
03-04-2010, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
I know. but it indeed was sad. Imagine, a husband, a father being eaten away in front of his wife and children. imsad

I would rapture and eat through any animal and break open its bony skull and shatter away its brain tissue if it touched my dad.
It was quite sad. I too would attempt to help in such a situation even if I would probably have a nervous breakdown before I could be of any use.
Salam

Dagless
03-04-2010, 06:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
well there are videos on youtube in which lions ate a man trying to take photographs.
Just youtubed it, gotta be fake.
Lions are pretty scary, and you forget how strong they are... but don't you sometimes get the feeling you just wanna stroke them? :hmm:

sister herb
03-04-2010, 07:11 AM

OMG!!! This poor big cat looks so disappointed when its "new friends" left it without saying even goodbye.

:hmm:

¤ ιмαи ¤
04-03-2010, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2700/lion5r.jpg

OMG!!! This poor big cat looks so disappointed when its "new friends" left it without saying even goodbye.

:hmm:
Awwwhs imsad

As scary as it seemed, your comment made me smile :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-03-2010, 09:57 PM
That Lion is soo beautiful MashaAllaah would love to have 1

~ Sabr ~
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Oh my god, that must have been really scary...!! Thank god I wasn't in that car!

caadam
11-08-2010, 07:29 PM
At least it wasn't a bear. Bears will eat and attack anything even if they had already eaten, but then again they're not the smartest beasts. ...I don't like bears.

Hayaa
11-10-2010, 04:59 AM
:sl:

This is incredible, subhanAllaah!

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Just youtubed it, gotta be fake.
Lions are pretty scary, and you forget how strong they are... but don't you sometimes get the feeling you just wanna stroke them? :hmm:
Have you ever seen 'Christain the Lion' on youtube? It makes you want to have a pet lion! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!