/* */

PDA

View Full Version : h6elp pls

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
\
wh6a\y does \my writing5 look like th6is, wh6ere are th6ese numbers coming5 from? ...someone pls\. tell me wh6y my \delete and several oth6er buttons come with6 th6ese numbers and slash6es

jazkoum Allah6 kh6yran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
plenty of six's, 666 shaytaan has taken over lol

your keyboard layout might have been changed somehow

PouringRain
03-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't know what the problem is, but what I find interesting is very time you type a h it adds the 6 and when you use the g it adds the 5. The slashes are more randomly placed. The reason I find it interesting is because the keys g and h are/were the first two keys that I kept losing on a very old laptop that is about to die for good. Is your computer an old one? Have you tried rebooting it and seeing if it fixes itself? On the laptop I have, it mostly does it when the thing has been warm and in use for a while. Rebooting does not help. It loses them at random. I also find your g, h corresponding number problem interesting because the numbers 5 and 6 are in line with the g and the h on the keyboard. LOL I'm no keyboard expert by any means, but maybe they are on the same...... line (?) Circuit(?) ...... whatever it might be in keyboards. Kinda like how plugs in homes are run and so you may get all of one plug out along a same wire? I dunno, just an idea since they do run in line on the keyboard.

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:42 PM
how do I fix it I am running windows update to see..
\
\\I am so annoyed h6ow do I \fi\x th6is? I ch6ecked th6e keyboard it is still eng5lish6 US ..my c\omputer i sick =(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Try pressing 'Num Lk' key.

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:45 PM
No, in fact I ru\ined a g5ood six computers in th6e past th6ree years. Th6is is a brand new one less th6an four month6s old =(

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I h6ave no number lock on th6is \laptop and I did reboot still th6e same problem

Life_Is_Short
03-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Ok hang on let me search on google.

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:51 PM
\Jazaki Allah6 kh6yran.. I ran windows update and windo\ws defender and it can'-t detect a problem ..

Raaina
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Sister try this :

hold down both left and right shift keys at the same time (do this for several seconds). Hopefully that will fix the issue.

Also, go to control panel, click on accessibility options..in the keyboard tab, click on the settings buttons for sticky keys, filter keys and toggle keys and deselect the option to use shortcut..hopefully this will help you and other people that have had this problem.

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I found th6is
not sure wh6ere th6e number lock is on my keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/hard...d-letters.html

Life_Is_Short
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM
This is what i found:

This is due to the fact that the digital lock is activated. To solve this, simply press:
Fn+Numlk or depending of the model, press the button or Fn+Shift+Numlk
I typed your problem into google for you here.

سيف الله
03-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Salaam

I think Ive had this problem on my laptop.

Cant quite remember how I solved it but I remember holding down my shift ctrl and alt keys and eventually it sorted itself out.

One of those buttons (or more) reverts it back to how it was. Bah, wish I could be more percise :hiding:

جوري
03-04-2010, 10:58 PM
5t sh66ws 0e th6e 36c2 w5th6 n40ber 5ns5de and \*ressed 5t and n6w 5t 5s w6rse

جوري
03-04-2010, 11:00 PM
test5ng5 123 , we33 5t 5s as crazy as ever 6h6 0y G%6d

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 11:01 PM
When I had this problem it was because 1 of the lock's was on, but I can't remember which 1, it was either "NumLock" or "Scroll Lock" try de activating these two locks on the keyboard.

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Ok try doing this, click "start", then go to "all programes", then go to "accessories" then to "accessibility" then "on screen keyboard" and try using this to type while we figure out the solution so you can at least communicate.

جوري
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I managed to turn number lock off h6owever th6e g5 and h6 buttons pl\us th6e delete and apostroph6e are still h6aving5 problems as you can see

Dagless
03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Its Function and F11 on mine. The Fn key is near the ctrl key.
Hold Fn and then press F11. If it doesn't work, try F12, or whatever other one it might be.

جوري
03-04-2010, 11:33 PM
th6e number lock is off.. Th6e problem persists on th6ose two letters, th6e backspace and th6e apostroph6e options selectively .. I h6ave to live with6 it I g5uess until my br. comes because I h6ave no clue h6ow to fix th6is

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 11:33 PM
have you made sure your keyboard is set to the right country?

جوري
03-04-2010, 11:45 PM
It is.. but maybe I sh6ould re=set it or wh6at?

Dagless
03-04-2010, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
th6e number lock is off.. Th6e problem persists on th6ose two letters, th6e backspace and th6e apostroph6e options selectively .. I h6ave to live with6 it I g5uess until my br. comes because I h6ave no clue h6ow to fix th6is
Yeah but you have activated something. Try this - Hold the Fn key and then type, if it types normally with Fn pressed then its a function which is on. You don't know what it is, I don't know what it is, but luckily there aren't that many keys... so hold Fn and start prodding :p

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Yeah but you have activated something. Try this - Hold the Fn key and then type, if it types normally with Fn pressed then its a function which is on. You don't know what it is, I don't know what it is, but luckily there aren't that many keys... so hold Fn and start prodding :p
hehe but it's only 2 specific keys that are incorrect I think, apart from these two keys the rest of the keyboard works fine, so I think it's set to a different country somehow cos when my keyboard was set to US keyboard when ever I pressed the apostraphie key number 6 would appear and when I pressed number 6 an apostraphie would appear.

so I changed it 2 UK keyboard.

PouringRain
03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
5t sh66ws 0e th6e 36c2 w5th6 n40ber 5ns5de and \*ressed 5t and n6w 5t 5s w6rse
Gossamer Skye, I realize this problem is very frustrating for you and I do not wish to make light of that in any way, but I certainly wanted to thank you for all the giggles you have given me in this thread of yours. :giggling: Once your problem is fixed, I hope you can look back at this and laugh as well. In the meanwhile, thanks for blessing me with posts like this one I quoted that make me full of laughter.

جوري
03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
h6ow do I remove
ÜberIcon

I am trying to get rid of programs I don't need perh6aps th6ey are a part of th6e problem, but I can't find anyth6ing under add/remove for th6is

جوري
03-05-2010, 12:03 AM
th6is computer really reflect my state of mind .. I need to go somewh6ere and detox
GGGG H^H^H^H^H^ H^H^H^ h6ah6a h6olding th6e H^ sh6ift H^ g5ives me th6is arrow up.. ah6, my computer is h6as lost its noodles =(h g g g ggggg ggg h h ho\ oh i can write g by h6ol wops holding th\e func\tion key.. curio\us

جوري
03-05-2010, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
function works for the g and h but what a pain

Dagless
03-05-2010, 12:08 AM
function works for the g and h but what a pain
Do what I said, press it then hit every other key on the board one at a time (apart from num lock because we know thats off, and the sleep/hibernate key because you don't want to turn it off yet ;)).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!