/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pen or Pencil

Beardo
03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
What is your preference and why?

Also, which would you recommend?

Some say pen because it's like engraving. Not erasable.

Others say pencil because it signifies that you can always go back and make up for something... erasable etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Rashad!

What is your preference, carpet or laminate flooring?

Sweet tomato or spicy ketchup?

Cell or telephone?

Plane or ship?

Stone or grass?

Hope you get the point. :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2010, 01:19 AM
lol well pencil is good, you tend to write neater with it i guess...or i jus have my messy and neat days :skeleton:

Funny question tho lol...err yea with pencil you can go back and fix your mistake.

But then again...you have pens that are erasable :D

Beardo
03-08-2010, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Rashad!

What is your preference, carpet or laminate flooring?

Sweet tomato or spicy ketchup?

Cell or telephone?

Plane or ship?

Stone or grass?

Hope you get the point. :statisfie
I know someone was going to bring this up, but I thought it would be one of the staff members first.

I actually meant to make this discussion as to which is better for learning purposes. It's very educational and intellectual. >_> That is, if you take it seriously and in-depth. It holds a greater meaning.

yes, even a writing utensil has meaning.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
03-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I see.

It depends on the context.

Filling in forms -> pen.

Doing a sketch -> pencil.

Writing essays -> pen.

You cannot generalise and say a pen or pencil is suitable for all occasions. It doesn't work like that in real life and quite frankly, it's rude.

Sawdah
03-08-2010, 01:30 AM
I usually make lots of mistakes when I write, so I go for pencil.:hmm:

IslamicRevival
03-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Pen all the way! Its do or die that way :)

PouringRain
03-08-2010, 02:44 AM
I prefer pencil, but it has nothing to do with mistakes. I like the feel of pencil much better than pen. I do not like the metallic scratchy feel of writing with a pen. Some gel pens are not bad, but they are very slippery in writing. I much prefer pencils-- and not mechanical ones either.

If I make a mistake in writing, even with a pencil I scratch out the mistake rather than erase.

Beardo
03-08-2010, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I prefer pencil, but it has nothing to do with mistakes. I like the feel of pencil much better than pen. I do not like the metallic scratchy feel of writing with a pen. Some gel pens are not bad, but they are very slippery in writing. I much prefer pencils-- and not mechanical ones either.

If I make a mistake in writing, even with a pencil I scratch out the mistake rather than erase.
That's a bad habit I also have. I scratch out instead of erase. The other day my teacher was like "I'm making a new rule where you must use eraser or white out." I said aloud that the rule was probably made after seeing my handwritten papers. And he's like, "that';s right. At least you admitted it. Thanks for the confession." ;D

PouringRain
03-08-2010, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
That's a bad habit I also have. I scratch out instead of erase. The other day my teacher was like "I'm making a new rule where you must use eraser or white out." I said aloud that the rule was probably made after seeing my handwritten papers. And he's like, "that';s right. At least you admitted it. Thanks for the confession." ;D
When I was younger my teachers used to get after me for my scratch outs also. I had a teacher that told me if I must mark through something, then at least do it with only one single line. I don't want to put one single line! Then everyone could see what the mistake was. I want my mistake obliterated!

Strzelecki
03-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Pen, cuzin.
What's done is done, just like in real life.

Danah
03-08-2010, 07:50 AM
It depends on the thing you are writing, the paper you are using, and the speed of your writing, and the pen/pencil kind you are using "as not all pencils are the same nor all pens are"........no clear answer can be given here.

Rashad, are you still searching about this handwriting thing? for some reasons I feel that pencil sometimes can make the handwriting looks better :? it has nothing to do with erasing but more with the way my handwriting looks like.

Tilmeez
03-08-2010, 08:16 AM
I know someone was going to bring this up, but I thought it would be one of the staff members first.

I actually meant to make this discussion as to which is better for learning purposes. It's very educational and intellectual. >_> That is, if you take it seriously and in-depth. It holds a greater meaning.

yes, even a writing utensil has meaning.
Well, OK. Now what's the next step? You would ask us to show you our handwritings? Right? We knew this. Check out here for some of very fine handwritings. I would like you to post yours also:p

Danah
03-08-2010, 09:21 AM
^ Perfect prediction :thumbs_up

It seems that we are doing well in understanding the psychology of our Admin!

Life_Is_Short
03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Math problems with a pencil and everything else with a pen.

By the way, writing with pencil fades off after a long time.

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
lol well pencil is good, you tend to write neater with it i guess...or i jus have my messy and neat days :skeleton:

Funny question tho lol...err yea with pencil you can go back and fix your mistake.

But then again...you have pens that are erasable :D
yeah there is some pens that you can erase the writing but they are expensive for students.

I Love pens i have this weird fascination with them;D i buy loads of them i still do.

did you ever see mr.bean when he went to go do his exam?;D so funny

Beardo
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
The erasable pens don't erase properly though, most of the time.

I prefer pens, even though I make a lot of mistakes when writing and you end up seeing scratch marks all over the page... :X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
yeah there is some pens that you can erase the writing but they are expensive for students.

I Love pens i have this weird fascination with them;D i buy loads of them i still do.

did you ever see mr.bean when he went to go do his exam?;D so funny
Yes I have LOL!!!!!! Jokes! I think I too have a fascination with them, I never wana use ugly pens! :D

The erasable pens don't erase properly though, most of the time.

I prefer pens, even though I make a lot of mistakes when writing and you end up seeing scratch marks all over the page... :X
Yea they don't erase too well so I don't use them lol. Though it would be less messy as compared to a regular pen. I use pencils mostly when I know I'll have to go back and fix something, especially during a test. If I'm doing like calculations or drawing mechanisms (organic chemistry :skeleton:), I stick with pencils...otherwise it's mostly pen.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Aslaamu Alaaaykum...
LOL this thread is just soooo Geeky lol..

I chose Pen..
However, pencils are easy to erase the geeky mistakes and all lol, but i dont really erase i still cross out as i would do with a geeky pen lol. so for me makes no diffy wiffy, but for some reason pencil writing is much neater i guess i have my geeky days : |...

Lol

Therefore, however, etc etc ,i.e..bla bla Pen and Pencils are both geeky, so they both are losers...........

Wa`alaaykum Salaams

Re.TiReD
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I used to like using pencils but only if the point was mega sharp, if not I'd use a pen

Hayaa
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
:sl:

Lead pencils & colorful pens :statisfie

Na7lah
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
:sl:

Pens

:w:

جوري
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I only use fountain pen extra fine nib because they make my hideous handwriting, slightly more legible

for affordable everyday pens I use either lamy or rotring (rotring being the better of the two) and I always purchase blue/black ink cartridges ..

:w:

Muezzin
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I write with a pen.

I draw with a pencil.

I doodle with either. But not both simultaneously. Now, there's an idea...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!