/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I.T problem... where are my Indian brothers? lol

waqas maqsood
03-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Salam Alaikum to all

Got a little bit of Issue here with my laptop.. makes it worse because I can't access this forum unless im at work or using my blackberry...

couple of days ago, I was proudly saying that my laptop is fine without any anti-virus software... until yesterday when my laptop detected a virus. As a consequence, it did not allow me to browse Interney Explorer.

I then installed Norton Antivirus 2009 successfully and whenever I try to run the program, my laptop shuts.

Plus on top, I cannot open any program as a window opens up asking with what prgram would you like to open the program.. (sounds trange doesnt it)...

Now one option (which I don't want to use) is to reboot but I'll lose all my files (got around 300gb worth of files)... any suggestions?

Please help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-08-2010, 11:14 AM
What's the name of the virus? Try and google the actual virus and see if anybody has given tips on how to remove that specific one manually.

Dagless
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
I was proudly saying that my laptop is fine without any anti-virus software... until yesterday when my laptop detected a virus.
How did you detect a virus without a virus scanner?
Backup your stuff to an external hard drive and then format. Next time install a virus scanner and don't use internet explorer.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Well well...I'm an Indian (your Indian brother ;D;D) If your computer shuts down frequently and can not do a backup try Linux live CD and boot from CD and run Linux form CD and make a backup and format the whole HD. Personally, I use Ubutnu Linux, it's better than Windows...no hassle ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vito
03-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Before going to the extreme of reformatting or even moving to a new OS, try going into safe mode and running the virus scanner. If anything, get avg (because its small and free) and try running it in safe mode. If that doesn't work let me know. Sorry I'm not an Indian though.

*Wow ok I didn't notice the date of this thread. Any updates?

sully
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Erm you're indian brothers are playing Cricket ;D. On another note, I agree with one of the bros about Internet Explorer being rubbish! Use Firefox instead, better yet, get rid of windows!!!;D. Its all a money making scam I tell u!!!!

You can try system restore if you did a restore point that is! System Restore is limited in windows in the sense that you cant really restore a month back coz its erm crap but it will let you go back a couple of days provided you did a system restore! - yes i know, useless info and its too little, too late! but alas I tried bro, i really did:cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!