/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Share your favorite stories with me please.

Grace Seeker
03-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Tell me a story.

I'm curious to learn more about grace as understood in Islam. I know that Allah is declared to be merciful and compassionate as among his many attributes. Beyond that declaration that one finds in the list of Allah's names. What are some stories (from either the Qur'an or Hadith) that would be illustrative of the grace of Allah?

(Please, relate the story itself, any commentary you might want to make on it, and either a link or citation where I could read it for myself in context. Thank-you so much.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grace Seeker
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I had really hoped for more feedback than this. I know that grace, mercy, and compassion are part of Islam, surely someone has a favorite story from the Qur'an or Hadith that exemplify them.

ruk
03-25-2010, 12:26 AM
In the Name of Allah (The Glorified and Exlated).

The following verses of the Qur'an pertain to your request:

"Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not near to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom."
[6:151]

"O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just, that is next to piety, and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.”
[5:8]

"And they [the Believers] feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-(Saying),'We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.'"
[76:8-9]

A story from hadith:

A prostitute from among the Children of Israel during the times of the previous prophets, came across a dog suffering from thirst. So she got water from a well and fed it to the dog, out of hope of receiving the Mercy and Forgiveness of Allah (The Glorified) because of her sin. Therefore, she was forgiven for the sin of prostitution.

Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as said: "There was a dog moving around a well whom thirst would have killed. Suddenly a prostitute from the prostitutes of the Children of Israel happened to see it and she drew water in her shoe and made it drink, and she was pardoned [for her sin] because of this.
[Muslim: Book 26: Hadith 5579]

Muslim Woman
03-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I had really hoped for more feedback than this. I know that grace, mercy, and compassion are part of Islam, surely someone has a favorite story from the Qur'an or Hadith that exemplify them.

hmmm , no ans in long 2 weeks ? what could be the reason ? May be we need this option in the forum : Show unread posts since last visit.

May be , many participants who have some fav. stories missed ur this post. InshaAllah I will share mine if i can find it online.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
awais
03-25-2010, 07:01 AM
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...dithqudsi.html

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:
I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
Hadith Qudsi 18:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:

O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him?

O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me?

O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

It was related by Muslim.
Hadith Qudsi 25:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.
Hadith Qudsi 34:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

awais
03-25-2010, 07:22 AM
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...dithqudsi.html

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:
I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
Hadith Qudsi 18:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:

O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him?

O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me?

O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

It was related by Muslim.
Hadith Qudsi 25:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.
Hadith Qudsi 34:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

Grace Seeker
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Ah, now we are getting some. I knew they were out there. Thank-you, all.

If you had a friend (a Muslim) who despite keeping the customary practices was hard on themselves and said with regard to him/herself, "I am not a good Muslim. I fear that Allah might not accept me."

What story what story(ies) could you share with them to assure them that they had nothing to fear from Allah?

Muslim Woman
03-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Salaam/Peace

What story what story(ies) could you share with them to assure them that they had nothing to fear from Allah?

It's better to fear Allah so that one strives to be a better Muslim throughout his/her life.

There is a story that is one of my favourites. A person killed 99 persons and asked a scholar : Will Allah pardon me ? Scholar answered : NO . Then the man said , if I am surely going to hell , let me kill one more ; then he killed the scholar .

Next he went to another one and asked the same question . That learned person , yes , Allah will forgive u if u repents sincerely . Try to change your life style and go to another city where u will find some good people . If u go there , u will be able to offer daily prayers .

The killer started his journey and on the way he died. He never offered any salat or apparently did not do any good deeds . but as he sincerely watned to be good and took the initiatives , Allah forgave his sins.

Muslim Woman
03-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Salaam/Peace

Beautiful Story about Allah's Forgiveness

It was narrated that in the days that Musa (Alahi salaam) wandered with Bani Israel in the desert an intense drought befell them. Together, they raised their hands towards the heavens praying for the blessed rain to come. Then, to the astonishment of Musa (Alahi salaam) and all those watching, the few scattered clouds that were in the sky vanished, the heat poured down, and the drought intensified.

It was revealed to Musa that there was a sinner amongst the tribe of Bani Israel whom had disobeyed Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) for more than forty years of his life. "Let him separate himself from the congregation," Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) told Musa (Alahi salaam). "Only then shall I shower you all with rain."

Musa (Alahi salaam) then called out to the throngs of humanity, "There is a person amongst us who has disobeyed Allah for forty years. Let him separate himself from the congregation and only then shall we be rescued from the drought." That man, waited, looking left and right, hoping that someone else would step forward, but no one did. Sweat poured forth from his brow and he knew that he was the one.

The man knew that if he stayed amongst the congregation all would die of thirst and that if he stepped forward he would be humiliated for all eternity.
He raised his hands with a sincerity he had never known before, with a humility he had never tasted, and as tears poured down on both cheeks he said: "O Allah, have mercy on me! O Allah, hide my sins! O Allah, forgive me!"

As Musa (Alahi salaam) and the people of Bani Israel awaited for the sinner to step forward, the clouds hugged the sky and the rain poured. Musa (Alahi salaam) asked Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala), "O Allah, you blessed us with rain even though the sinner did not come forward." And Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) replied, "O Musa, it is for the repentance of that very person that I blessed all of Bani Israel with water."

Musa (Alahi salaam), wanting to know who this blessed man was, asked, "Show him to me O Allah!" Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) replied, "O Musa, I hid his sins for forty years, do you think that after his repentance I shall expose him?"

http://imamuslimalhamdulillah.blogsp...ut-allahs.html

Hamza Asadullah
03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Tell me a story.

I'm curious to learn more about grace as understood in Islam. I know that Allah is declared to be merciful and compassionate as among his many attributes. Beyond that declaration that one finds in the list of Allah's names. What are some stories (from either the Qur'an or Hadith) that would be illustrative of the grace of Allah?

(Please, relate the story itself, any commentary you might want to make on it, and either a link or citation where I could read it for myself in context. Thank-you so much.)

The story of Prophet Saalih

After the destruction of 'Aad, the people of Prophet Houd(AS) Thamood, the people of Prophet Saalih succeeded them in power and glory. They, like their predecessors, fell to idol-worshipping. As their material wealth increased so, too, did their evil ways, while their virtue decreased. Like the people of 'Aad, they erected huge buildings on the plains and hewed beautiful homes out of the hills. Tyranny and oppression became prevalent as evil men ruled the land.

Allaah, the Exalted, sent unto them His Prophet Saalih(AS_ a man from among them. His full name was Saalih Ibn Ubeid Ibn Maseh Ibn Ubeid Ibn Hader Ibn Thamood Ibn Ather Ibn Eram, Ibn Noah (Nooh ). He called his people to worship Allaah alone, and not to associate any partners with Him. While some of them believed him, the majority of them disbelieved and harmed him by both words and deeds. Allaah Said in the Quran (what means): "And to Thamood [We sent] their brother Saalih. He said, 'O my people, worship Allaah; you have no deity other than Him...'" [Quran 11:61]

Prophet Saalih(AS) was known for his wisdom, purity and goodness and had been greatly respected by his people before Allaah's revelation came to him. Almighty Allaah mentions what his people said to him in the Quranic verses (which mean): "O Saalih, you were among us a man of promise before this. Do you forbid us to worship what our fathers worshipped? And indeed we are, about that to which you invite us, in disquieting doubt." [Quran 11:62]

They merely wanted to worship the same gods as their fathers had, with no reason, no proof, and no thought. The proof of Prophet Saalih's(AS) message was evident, but despite this, it was obvious that most of his people did not believe him. They doubted his words, thinking he was charmed, and they saw that he would not stop preaching. Fearing that his followers would increase in number, they tried to put him off by assigning him an important task; to prove that he was a messenger of Allaah by performing a miracle. They asked him to let a unique she-camel emerge from the mountains.

Allaah Almighty granted Prophet Saalih this miracle and a huge, unique she-camel appeared from the direction of the mountain. The Quranic commentators said that the people of Thamood gathered on a certain day at their meeting place, and prophet Saalih(AS)came and addressed them to believe in Allaah, reminding them of the favors Allaah had granted them.

Then, pointing at a rock, they demanded: "Ask your Lord to make a she-camel, which must be 10 months pregnant, tall and attractive, issue from the rock for us." Prophet Saalih(AS) replied: "Look now! If Allaah sends you what you have requested, just as you have described, will you believe in that which I have come to you with and have faith in the message I have been sent with?" They answered: "Yes." So he took a vow from them on this, and then prayed to Allaah, The Almighty, to grant their request. Allaah ordered the distant rock to split asunder, to bring forth a great ten-month pregnant she-camel. When their eyes set on it, they were amazed. They saw a great thing, a wonderful sight, a dazzling power and clear evidence!

A number of Prophet Saalih's people believed, yet most of them continued in their disbelief, stubbornness, and going astray. Allaah, the Almighty, said in the Noble Quran (what means): "And We gave Thamood the she-camel as a visible sign, but they wronged her." [Quran 17:59] And (what means): "And certainly did the companions of al-Hijr (628) [i.e. the Thamood] deny the messengers." [Quran 15:80-81]

There are a number of accounts by Quranic commentators of this she-camel and its miraculous nature. It was said that the she-camel was miraculous because a rock in the mountain split open and it came forth from it, followed by its young offspring. Other accounts said that the she-camel used to drink all the water in the wells in one day, and no other animals could approach the water. Still others claimed that the she-camel produced milk sufficient for all the people to drink, on the same day that it drank all the water, leaving none for them.

At first, the people of Thamood were greatly surprised when the she-camel emerged from the mountain rocks. It was a blessed beast, and its milk sufficient for thousands of men, women and children. If it slept in a place that place was abandoned by other animals. Thus it was obvious that is was not an ordinary she-camel, but one of Allaah's signs.

Their hatred of Prophet Saalih(AS) turned towards the blessed she-camel and became centered on it. A conspiracy started to be hatched against the miraculous beast by the disbelievers, and they secretly plotted against it.
Prophet Saalih feared that they might kill her, so he warned them saying (what means): "And O my people, this is the she-camel of Allaah — [she is] to you a sign. So let her feed upon Allaah’s earth and do not touch her with harm, or you will be taken by an impending punishment.” [Quran 11:64]
For a while, Prophet Saalih's people let the camel graze and drink freely, but in their hearts they hated it. However, the miraculous appearance of the unique she-camel caused many to become his followers, and they clung to their belief in Allaah.

The disbelievers now began complaining that this huge she-camel with its unusual qualities drank most of the water and frightened their cattle.

They laid a plot to kill the beast, and sought the help of their women folk to tempt the men to carry out their commands. A lady named Saduq Bint Mahya, who was from a rich and noble family, offered herself to a young man named Masrai Ibn Mahraj on condition that he hamstrings the she-camel. Aneezah, an old woman, offered one of her daughters to a young man, Qudaar Ibn Saluf, in return for killing the she-camel. Naturally, these young men were tempted and set about finding seven others to assist them.

After they plotted to kill the she-camel, the disbelievers among the people of Prophet Saalih began to watch her closely, observing all her movements. As she came to drink from the well, Masrai, the man who volunteered to kill her, shot her in the leg with an arrow. She tried to escape but was hampered by the arrow. Qudaar, his aide, followed her and struck her with a sword in the other leg. As she fell to the ground, he pierced her with his sword.

The killers were given a hero's welcome, cheered with songs and poetry composed in their praise. In their arrogance, they mocked Prophet Saalih(AS), but he warned them: "…Enjoy yourselves in your homes for three days. That is a promise not to be denied [i.e. unfailing]." [Quran 11:65]

Prophet Saalih(AS) was hoping that they would see the folly of their ways and change their attitude before the three days went out.

"Why three days?" they asked. "Let the punishment come as quickly as possible."

He pleaded them saying (what means): "O my people, why are you impatient for evil before [i.e. instead of] good? Why do you not seek forgiveness of Allaah that you may receive mercy?" [Quran 27:46]

They replied: "We consider you a bad omen, you and those with you…" [Quran 27:47]

Almighty Allaah related their story, Saying (what means): "And We had certainly sent to Thamood their brother Saalih, [saying], “Worship Allaah,” and at once they were two parties conflicting.He said, “O my people, why are you impatient for evil before [i.e. instead of] good? Why do you not seek forgiveness of Allaah that you may receive mercy?” They said, “We consider you a bad omen, you and those with you. He said, “Your omen [i.e. fate] is with Allaah. Rather, you are a people being tested.” And there were in the city nine family heads causing corruption in the land and not amending [its affairs].
They said, “Take a mutual oath by Allaah that we will kill him by night, he and his family. Then we will say to his executor, “We did not witness the destruction of his family, and indeed, we are truthful.” And they planned a plan, and We planned a plan, while they perceived not.
Then look how was the outcome of their plan - that We destroyed them and their people, all. So those are their houses, desolate because of the wrong they had done. Indeed in that is a sign for people who know.
And We saved those who believed and used to fear Allaah." [Quran 27:45-53]

They also plotted to kill Prophet Saalih and his household, as Almighty Allaah states (what means): "And they planned a plan, and We planned a plan, while they perceived not." [Quran 27:50] Allaah Almighty saved Prophet Saalih and his followers from their wicked plans. Heavy-hearted, they left the evil doers and moved to another place.

Three days after Prophet Saalih's warning, thunderbolts filled the air, followed by severe earthquakes which destroyed the entire tribe and its homeland. The land was violently shaken, destroying all living creatures in it. There was one terrific cry, which had hardly ended when the disbelievers of Prophet Saalih's people were struck dead, one and all, at the same time. Neither their strong buildings nor their rock-hewn homes could protect them.

Allaah, the Exalted, Says (what means): "And to the Thamood [We sent] their brother Saalih. He said, “O my people, worship Allaah; you have no deity other than Him. There has come to you clear evidence from your Lord. This is the she-camel of Allaah [sent] to you as a sign. So leave her to eat within Allaah’s land and do not touch her with harm, lest there seize you a painful punishment. And remember when He made you successors after the (people of) ‘Aad and settled you in the land, [and] you take for yourselves palaces from its plains and carve from the mountains, homes. Then remember the favors of Allaah and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption.”
Said the eminent ones who were arrogant among his people to those who were oppressed — to those who believed among them, “Do you [actually] know that Saalih is sent from his Lord?” They said, “Indeed we, in that with which he was sent, are believers.”

Said those who were arrogant, “Indeed we, in that which you have believed, are disbelievers.”

So they hamstrung the she-camel and were insolent toward the command of their Lord and said, “O Saalih, bring us what you promise us, if you should be of the messengers.”

So the earthquake seized them, and they became within their home [corpses] fallen prone.

And he [i.e. Saalih] turned away from them and said, “O my people, I had certainly conveyed to you the message of my Lord and advised you, but you do not like advisors.” [Quran 7:73-79]

All were destroyed before they realized what was happening. As for the people who believed in the message of Prophet Saalih(AS)they were saved because they had left the place.

Abdullaah Ibn Umar narrated that while the Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) was passing by Thamood's houses on his way to the battle of Tabook, he stopped together with his companions . Some of the companions fetched water from the wells from which the people of Thamood used to drink. They prepared their dough (for baking) and filled their water-skins from it (the water from the wells). The Prophet ordered them to empty the water-skins and give the prepared dough to the camels. Then he went away with them until they stopped at the well from which the she-camel (of Prophet Saalih) used to drink. He warned them against entering upon the people who had been punished, "I fear that you may be affected by what afflicted them; so do no enter upon them." [Al-Bukhaari]

Source: Sheikh Muhammad Gemeiah's translation of "Stories of the Prophets" by Ibn Katheer

Muslim Woman
03-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Salaam/Peace

Allah's Mercy

Imam Raazi rahmatullahi alayhi has written a story narrated by a pious person. The person narrated, “One evening I was walking along the riverbank, suddenly my eyes fell upon a scorpion walking in front of me. A thought occurred to me that this is also the Creation of Allah Ta’ala and Allah Ta’ala has created it out of some wisdom and reason. I did not know where it was coming from and where it was going to, or where its home was. I thought in my heart that I have got time; I have come out for a walk, so I will follow this scorpion. Therefore, I followed it. The scorpion stopped at one point on the riverbank and I stood near it. After a short while I saw a tortoise swimming towards the scorpion. To my surprise, the scorpion jumped on to the back of the tortoise and mounted itself on it. As this was an extraordinary occurrence, I was determined to see where the scorpion would go. I also tagged along to see what happens.

The scorpion jumped off the tortoise's back at the other side of the riverbank and hurried along in a certain direction. Further on I saw a man sleeping under a tree. I thought to myself that the scorpion might bite the man; therefore, I should quickly awaken him. Just as I reached him, I saw a poisonous snake with its mouth wide-open standing by the head of the man. Suddenly the scorpion confronted the snake and stung it so decisively, that the snake fell onto the ground helpless.

As this amazing incident unfolded before me, I thought to myself that this must be a very pious man. I approached him to request for duaas but was astonished to find him in a state of drunkenness. Just then the man woke up, and I narrated to him the incident that had just taken place. The man was very touched by what he heard and immediately repented. Allah's Mercy is always directed towards His bondsmen, only if we were to turn towards him.”

Ramadhan
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
There was this woman who committed adultery. Nobody knew about this, if not for this woman to come to prophet Muhammad SAW and confessed that she did commit adultery and she asked to be punished according to the shariah (rajam or stoning to death).
Rasulullah SAW asked her if she was pregnant, and she said yes. He told her to come back after she give birth to her baby.
Had she not came back to Rasulullah, the punishment would not have been carried out. But she did come back to him after she gave birth and asked to be punished for her sin.
Rasulullah SAW told her to go away and to nurse her baby until the milk's gone.
same thing happened again. After 2 years, she came back again to Rasulullah asked to be punished. This time Rasulullah did not find any other excuse to postpone her punishment.
She was stoned to death. And when people started talking about her sins after she died, Rasulullah SAW told the people (of Madinah I think) that her repentance was so great that it would be enough to expiate the sins of the whole city.

Ramadhan
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
There was a hadits qudsi (i think) that mentioned how happy Allah SWT when a person sincerely repent.

A traveler who got lost in the desert, then his camel ran away along with his supplies, so this traveler wanders around the desert for days starving and feeling extreme thirst. And then when he just about to lose all hope, suddenly his camel reappears along with his food and drink. Now you can imgaine how happy that traveler must be.
Allah SWT is more pleased than that traveler whenever his slave stop doing sins and repent sincerely.

Ramadhan
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
There was also a hadist that mentioned when Allah SWT created heaven and earth, He divided His mercy into 99 parts (or 100? I cant remember exactly). 1 part is enough to sustain the whole universe with everything in it, an example of the manifestation of this mercy is when a wild animal (horse?) gave birth walked around carefully and gingerly so that she would not step/wound her foals. and that a wild beast would never eat her young.
While the other 99 parts of His mercy is reserved for the judgment day/hereafter when it will not be possible for anyone to enter paradise except with His mercy.

Grace Seeker
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Interesting story, but I am confused by the moral given at the end of the story.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Allah's Mercy is always directed towards His bondsmen, only if we were to turn towards him.”
It seems to me that Allah's mercy was directed toward this man while he was yet a sinner, and before he repented. (For he was nothing more than a sleeping drunk at the time that he was saved from the snake.)

But argue only with moral with which the story concludes, not with the teaching that I see in the story itself. For, inndeed, I think that is actually true that God's mercy extends to us even when we are not living righteous lives and that God does step in to save us from situations in which we have placed ourselves, through our own ignoring of God's preferred will for our lives. But, nonetheless, God still extends his mercy toward us and we are saved even when we are caught in the midst of our sins. Awakened to that reality, we are then called to repentance, and seek to live in such a way that our lives honor the gift God has given to us, and that we don't receive God's mercy in vain.

Muslim Woman
03-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Salaam/Peace
......Allah's mercy was directed toward this man while he was yet a sinner, and before he repented.
May be , that man was feeling guilty while drinking and promised that it's his last time to drink forbidden item and he will quit this bad habit Allah knows one's heart ; also Allah knows who will listen and repent and who won't . They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not (to the Right Path). ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #18)So , Allah knew , that drunk person will accept the truth if get a chance and so He saved his life.And God Almighty knows Best.

awais
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
There was a hadits qudsi (i think) that mentioned how happy Allah SWT when a person sincerely repent.

A traveler who got lost in the desert, then his camel ran away along with his supplies, so this traveler wanders around the desert for days starving and feeling extreme thirst. And then when he just about to lose all hope, suddenly his camel reappears along with his food and drink. Now you can imgaine how happy that traveler must be.
Allah SWT is more pleased than that traveler whenever his slave stop doing sins and repent sincerely.
You forgot the best part. He was so overjoyed and greatful his words slipped and he said, "Oh Allah you are my slave and I am your master!" instead of "I am your slave and you are my master!"

Ramadhan
03-31-2010, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by awais
You forgot the best part. He was so overjoyed and greatful his words slipped and he said, "Oh Allah you are my slave and I am your master!" instead of "I am your slave and you are my master!"
You are right! How could have I forgotten about the end which is too funny.
And Allah SWT was so pleased with him as what's in his heart was pure.

Grace Seeker
04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by awais
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
You are right! How could have I forgotten about the end which is too funny.
And Allah SWT was so pleased with him as what's in his heart was pure.
LOL!! Yes, that makes a good ending to the story.

These are all great!! Keep them coming, and thank-you all so much.

Muslim Woman
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Salaam/Peace

I love this story : Allah is more merciful to His servants than mother is to child.

..Some captives were brought to the Messenger of Allah and there was a woman among them whose breasts were full of milk. Suddenly, this woman saw an infant in the midst of the captives. She took hold of it, brought it into her bosom, and started nursing it. The Prophet then told the Companions, "Do you think that this woman would throw her child in the fire?" We said, "No, By Allah she would not, if she is able not to." He then said, "Allah the Exalted is more merciful with His slave than this woman with her child."

another hadith :

Allah ordered the appointed angels over you that the good and the bad deeds be written, and He then showed how to write. If someone intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed, and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him its reward equal from 10 to 700 times to many more times.

And If someone intends to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intends to do a bad deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him one bad deed. (Al-Bukhari)

Read more: http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...#ixzz0k9OsCCxd

Grace Seeker
04-06-2010, 08:52 PM
another hadith :

Allah ordered the appointed angels over you that the good and the bad deeds be written
Don't know about this one. It does more to impress upon me Allah as a bean counter than has showing grace.

Yahya4D
07-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I dont remember the name of this story but I like the one that talks about a kingdom where men favored men instead of their women and Allah(Exalted) flooded/turn upside down/ the city that created the seas to be separate. Please, brothers and sisters, if you know this story, let me know because I forget it all the time. Anyhow, that is how the two seas became separate with the difference of pressure, density and how NOTHING lives in the dead sea. I like this story because it explains how the oceanology in that area made birth and I find myself telling that story over and over again in America. This story should be a movie in itself as a warning.

Salam,
Yahya

Insaanah
07-21-2010, 09:19 PM

Allah ordered the appointed angels over you that the good and the bad deeds be written, and He then showed how to write. If someone intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed, and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him its reward equal from 10 to 700 times to many more times.

And If someone intends to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intends to do a bad deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him one bad deed. (Al-Bukhari)
Don't know about this one. It does more to impress upon me Allah as a bean counter than has showing grace.
Allah will account for everything we do, and look how generously He records our good deeds, and how kindly our bad deeds. And, should He wish, He can overlook our bad deeds on the Day of Reckoning.

And that is due to His infinite Grace and Mercy to us. Glorified and Exalted be He above being a "bean counter."

Peace.

haseeb4
07-22-2010, 09:13 AM
The story about men favouring men is that of Hazrat Lut. The people of Hazrat lut used to commit many sins such as robbing and men used to desire each other. It was when sins became rampant in the city that Allah told Hazrat Lut to preach to his people. The people were so indulged in their sins that they just ignored him. This made Hazrat Lut sad but he did not give up preaching. Hazrat Luts wife was also one of those who ignored his preaching and was one of the sinners (just like Hazrat Nuh's wife). The people of the city threatened to throw him out of the city if he did not give up preaching. Then one day some men who were of the most handsome nature were spotted outside the city by Hazrat Luts daughter. They asked for a place to rest and she immediateley ran to tell her father. Hazrat Lut came to them and tried his best to try and be hospitable and at the same time inform the of the nature of the sinful men of the city so that they may go somewhere safer to rest. Eveantually it was decided that the men will come to rst in Hazrat Lut's house at night so that they wont be seen but Hazrat Lut's wife went and spread the news of the men to the whole city. Soon a mob of men came outside Hazrat Lut's house and started banging on the doors. Hazrat Lut to them to give up their sons and thy could even take his daughters in marriage. Once again, thy ignored and broke down the doors. When they reached inside, The beautiful men revealed that they were angels and immediateley the mob ran away in fear. An order was iven to Hazrat Lut that he should leave the city with his family except his wife before sunris. At sunrise the city was overturned and stones of clay hailed on the city so that the city was lost forever. The city was known as sodom. Thats the story of Hazrat Lut (Peace Be Upon Him).
About the seas. If im correct youre thinking about Musa. When he was escaping from the pharoah he gave the command for te seas to be split and it was split in half and then Hazrat Musa along with his people crossed the sea. When he crossed the sea returned to normal and pharoah and his men who were crossing at that time were drowned. Allah tells us in the Holy Quran that these are signs for beleivers and we should act and lean from these incidents.

AabiruSabeel
07-22-2010, 11:09 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by haseeb4
About the seas. If im correct youre thinking about Musa. ...
The dead sea is also part of the punishment on the people of Lut.

haseeb4
07-23-2010, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:sl:

The dead sea is also part of the punishment on the people of Lut.
Oops! I was meant to say HAZRAT Musa.
I didn't about the dead sea part.
Is the city covered by the dead sea?

RockDude
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Does anybody know the story about a dessert or mountains and a female was in need of water and this spring water came out of the ground, i think its the same spring were people bring back water fromm Hajj, im not sure, please correct me if im wrong.?

Yahya4D
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by haseeb4
The story about men favouring men is that of Hazrat Lut. The people of Hazrat lut used to commit many sins such as robbing and men used to desire each other. It was when sins became rampant in the city that Allah told Hazrat Lut to preach to his people. The people were so indulged in their sins that they just ignored him. This made Hazrat Lut sad but he did not give up preaching. Hazrat Luts wife was also one of those who ignored his preaching and was one of the sinners (just like Hazrat Nuh's wife). The people of the city threatened to throw him out of the city if he did not give up preaching. Then one day some men who were of the most handsome nature were spotted outside the city by Hazrat Luts daughter. They asked for a place to rest and she immediateley ran to tell her father. Hazrat Lut came to them and tried his best to try and be hospitable and at the same time inform the of the nature of the sinful men of the city so that they may go somewhere safer to rest. Eveantually it was decided that the men will come to rst in Hazrat Lut's house at night so that they wont be seen but Hazrat Lut's wife went and spread the news of the men to the whole city. Soon a mob of men came outside Hazrat Lut's house and started banging on the doors. Hazrat Lut to them to give up their sons and thy could even take his daughters in marriage. Once again, thy ignored and broke down the doors. When they reached inside, The beautiful men revealed that they were angels and immediateley the mob ran away in fear. An order was iven to Hazrat Lut that he should leave the city with his family except his wife before sunris. At sunrise the city was overturned and stones of clay hailed on the city so that the city was lost forever. The city was known as sodom. Thats the story of Hazrat Lut (Peace Be Upon Him).
About the seas. If im correct youre thinking about Musa. When he was escaping from the pharoah he gave the command for te seas to be split and it was split in half and then Hazrat Musa along with his people crossed the sea. When he crossed the sea returned to normal and pharoah and his men who were crossing at that time were drowned. Allah tells us in the Holy Quran that these are signs for beleivers and we should act and lean from these incidents.
Alhamdulillah!

Yes, thats the one. Yes, it is where Lut's(pbuh) wife told the people indulged with sin about the 3 handsome traveling men(who stayed with Lut(pbuh) through hospitality and prevention from these sick people) and the crowd surrounded Luts(pbuh) door. One of them I believe was Angel Gabriel that exposed himself and with the VERY tip of his wing, he scooped up the city up to the seventh heavens where Angels can hear the dogs bark and smash them upside down to the ground. Then it rained for several days if not months to cleanse such filth from this society. When Angel Gabriel exposed himself, didnt he at first wipe the men of sin eyes off their faces? Not sure...

As for the seas, I believe it is also Hazrat Lut(pbuh). Musa(pbuh) only split the seas as an escape route then drowned those of evil who followed. What I meant when said in separate, I meant how the dead sea made birth and exists til this day through density, temperature, salinity and the Gibraltar sill. Atlantic ocean is 36% in salt while the dead sea is 36.5% which keeps them in separate surface tension in oceanography studies. (Quran, 55:19-20)

It is really sad how America is accepting and providing a special treatment for homosexuals. Most other countries wouldnt allow such a chosen disease.

Its sad because when I went to Walt Disney Land in California, there was a MICKEY MOUSE parade that occurred and vast of the men dancing and prancing were gay. They were shameless to be so open in front of kids and kids had to witness this sickness being tainted at such a young age. Movies even advertise such disgusting impurity, thus why I mention this story in hopes one to recreate this story as a warning and awareness. If no one has or will make such a movie, it will be on my movie to do list.

Thanks brother haseeb4.

Salam.

Yahya4D

haseeb4
07-29-2010, 09:17 AM
No problem Brother Yahya4D!
Actually i did my research on disney and well its moreover a satanist company. It greatly promotes this 'horrible sin'! you can ever search up this stuff on google. This age is one of great deception. I actually learned first about disneys truth through a video series on youtube "the arrivals". Its very informative abt dajjal and satan, i suggest u watch it.

haseeb4
07-29-2010, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RockDude
Does anybody know the story about a dessert or mountains and a female was in need of water and this spring water came out of the ground, i think its the same spring were people bring back water fromm Hajj, im not sure, please correct me if im wrong.?
Yes, thats the story of Hazrat Hajra.
Hazrat Hajra was the wife of hazrat Ibrahim. Hazrat Ibrahim had a dream In which Allah told him to leave Hazrat Hajra and Ismail in a desert. Hazrat Ibrahim left her and their son, Hazrat Ismail, in a desert area called Becca which was situated on a trade route called the "incense route" and was inside a valley. Soon, Hazrat Ismail and Hazrat Hajra began to feel thirsty and soon Hazrat Ibrahim began to cry due to extreme thirst and Hazrat Hajra feared his death. Hazrat Hajra then left Hazrat Ismail and ran in search of a source of water. She climbed up a nearby rocky high point for a good view in hope of the presence of a lake or of a passing caravan. In the opposite direction at a distance was another small hill which she ran towards and climbed for view. She consistently hastened between these two hills. She ran back and forth between these two hills seven times after which she sat for rest. These two hills are called Safa and Marwa. At this time Hazrat Ismail was kicking the ground with his feet and when Hazrat Ismail hit his feet in the ground suddenly a spring gushed forth from that stop. Hazrat Hajra then gave her son water to drink from this and drank her fill too. After this she said Stop! or Stop!Stop! to the water but it kept on flowing. Stop! or Stop!Stop is pronounced ZamZam in arabic i think and that is why this well is called ZamZam.
This well still gives water today and i heard it will never run out. Pilgrims going to the Kaabah can easily obtain ZamZam. It is the most purest and best water on earth and can is good for healing sicknessess. I think its bin scietifically proven Aswell that it is the purest water. As for Safa and Marwa, it is said in the Holy Quran that they are signs of Allah. In remembrance of Hazrat Hajra, running between the hills of Safa and Marwa is a blessed part of the Hajj and Umrah.
I hope that i helped in relating this story to you.
May Allah bless us with more knowledge!
Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!