/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to be motivated in study?

zircon
03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
sometimes we can feel highly motivated and other time not motivated at all. how to keep our motivation high and what would you personally do to regain strength and motivation whenever you feel down & not at the mood of studying?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Besides failing, i just know that work will pile up and when this happens it will be twice as much difficult to sit down and study (in order to catch up) then before.

zircon
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
yes, true. but sometimes no matter how much we want to beat off the laziness, it seems so hard and as much as we want to be motivated we still feel unmotivated :-s

theblackcloud
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
You are probably studying for a reason, in order to achieve something. A goal. Think to yourself, "Why am I studying this?". Mentally envision yourself some time down the road of life, and where you want to be. Just think, studying could help you get to that goal you want to achieve down the road.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zircon
03-12-2010, 12:37 AM
true and thanks theblackcloud

جوري
03-12-2010, 12:52 AM
one word.. 'stationary'

whenever I have an unmovable load and I have had many a loads like 800 pages in two weeks, I'd get myself motivated by purchasing new stationary.. there was something really satisfying about seeing my study notes pile up.. and then at the end I'd rid myself of them .. it felt good..

also remember that small but steady is best.. if you read just five pages very well every day, by the end of the year you'll have completed an 1825 compendium imagine that...

:w:

zircon
03-13-2010, 12:17 AM
wow that's interesting, Gossamer Skye. thank you :)

Ummu Sufyaan
03-13-2010, 06:37 AM
:sl:
look at things in perspective...studying for exams and taking exams is like how many days/weeks in a year? for the rest of the years maybe even your life you can do whatever you want, but its essential to stay concentrated and motivated for the few days/weeks until your exams are over.

zircon
03-22-2010, 06:01 AM
that's true, Umm Sufyaan. i am actually in the middle of final examination period anyway. hope to receive prayers for all of you. thank you very much :)

SMA89
03-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Its 2:38 AM and I have an Accounting Midterm Tomorrow. Its based on 5 chapters and I didnt read a chapter yet!
On my first midterm I got 98%, I hope to get 90+ on this one.
If I dont finish all 5 chapters by 6 AM then im going to get a doctors note lol.

Life_Is_Short
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Last year i messed about the whole year and then i found it difficult to form a routine which involved constant studying.
So quotes (by my form tutor on a revision table) pushed me to start planing my revision.
"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
"if you always think like you always thought, You'll always get what you always got"
"Those who do not set goals are destined to work for those who do"
"Shoot for the moon. if you miss it, you'll land among the stars" (Les brown).

It worked. :hmm:

zircon
03-27-2010, 12:20 PM
thanks for the sharing, Life_Is_Short and SMA89. I wonder how did you finish all those notes in short time SMA89, did you manage?

SMA89
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zircon
thanks for the sharing, Life_Is_Short and SMA89. I wonder how did you finish all those notes in short time SMA89, did you manage?
Yup I managed to finish all of the studies in time and will get my results on monday.. Ill post my mark here once I get it.

GuCcI
03-28-2010, 02:33 AM
This is the problem of our lives.

I feel motivated to do the work when the deadline is 5 hours away!

SMA89
03-31-2010, 08:25 PM
I got 77% (B+) :( ... I should've started studying before. I hate procrastinating. The class average was 51% though. So I guess everyone procrastinated lol. My overall Mark for the class now is 87.5% (A) and exams are going to start in 2 weeks. Wish me Luck! I am going to start studying ASAP.

zircon
04-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Gucci, agreed. even when we shouldn't because this is not at all the essence of our religion :(
SMA89, alhamdulillah congrats! please do your best. May Allah makes it easy for all of us, and cure all problems. Ameen.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SMA89
I got 77% (B+) :( ... I should've started studying before. I hate procrastinating. The class average was 51% though. So I guess everyone procrastinated lol. My overall Mark for the class now is 87.5% (A) and exams are going to start in 2 weeks. Wish me Luck! I am going to start studying ASAP.
^Are you kidding...?!?! 77% is B+, where man???? Anyways good luck for your exams

SMA89
04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
^Are you kidding...?!?! 77% is B+, where man???? Anyways good luck for your exams
Canada lol

Here is the marking scheme we use in Ryerson university (Toronto, Canada)

GuCcI
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SMA89
Canada lol

Here is the marking scheme we use in Ryerson university (Toronto, Canada)
A lot of universities use the 4point cgpa system, but ours is out of 10. Concordia and Carleton use 4pt as well, but mine doesnt, so people always get confused :hmm:

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
My university does not use any gpa or cgpa system...:hmm:

sully
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I would prob need the 'Undertaker' to motivate me to study!;D Wise words have already been said. No room for me to add anything else really.

Banu_Hashim
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
If you have the book, "Don't Be Sad" (La Tahzan in Arabic) and flip to page 84... Read what Az-Zamakhshari wrote in relation to knowledge.

It really motivated me. The book overall is so motivating and has several sections dedicated to knowledge.

M..x
04-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I wish i was like some of the people on this forum. this is my reviaion time and im going out my way to look for excuses for to distract myself. i cant be helped =/ =( guess theres NO chance of the 1sts or 2:1's hahahahaaaa =(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!