/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mastering tajweed?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-11-2010, 02:13 AM
:sl:
how long would it take to master tajweed? what if i cant find a teacher in my area, what do i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-11-2010, 02:21 AM
:salamext:

Tajweed means continuous improvement so it's something you can can continuously improve. If you can't find a teacher then listen to a slow rector with good tajweed and you should recite after him. I recommend Muhammad Khaleel al-Hussary, he's my favourite recitor and his tawjeed is immaculate mashaa'Allah.

You should also recite loudly and not quietly because silent recitation will not improve your tajweed even if you recited for many years.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-11-2010, 02:40 AM
:wasalamex
but the thing is, i need to teach it so i need to make sure im understanding and pronouncing the letters, etc tip top.
the theory is easy to understand, but i need to ensure that ive actually grasped the pronunciation right...not everyone can master that...so that's why i need a teacher.

Beardo
03-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Memorize Muqaddamatul Jazariyyah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
$tranger
03-11-2010, 08:41 AM

I recommend Qortoba Institue (VERY HIGHLY). The lessons are online via skype and they will start from how much you already know. Their teachers are very good and can also help improve your Arabic aswell as they are Egyptian :p 1 to 1 lessons

They give you a free sample lesson before yuo register so you can get a 'feel' of it and they know your general level.

http://www.qortoba.net/Online.html

(no, I don't work for them lol - just studying with them)

Ummu Sufyaan
03-14-2010, 08:53 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
^ it is easy to get a female teacher with them :? and what other tajweed teaching institutes are there online?

Beardo
03-15-2010, 03:22 AM
QuranExplorer.com is popular, and the recently opened Quran Interactive:

http://www.quraninteractive.com/

IceQueen~
03-15-2010, 09:51 PM
search for local tajweed classes -I don't know where you are but I think Tajweed is becoming quite popular -being taught in the masajid now

KittenLover
03-15-2010, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahm@d

I recommend Qortoba Institue (VERY HIGHLY). The lessons are online via skype and they will start from how much you already know. Their teachers are very good and can also help improve your Arabic aswell as they are Egyptian :p 1 to 1 lessons

They give you a free sample lesson before yuo register so you can get a 'feel' of it and they know your general level.

http://www.qortoba.net/Online.html

(no, I don't work for them lol - just studying with them)

how much does he charge and how do you pay?

revert2007
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
how long would it take to master tajweed? what if i cant find a teacher in my area, what do i do?
assalamualikum.well it depends how hard working u are.well u need need people in real life to master tajweed.all u need is just a good teacher online,mic .

if u need someone to teach u tajweed online ,u may pm me in sha Allah.i can introduce u to some great teachers in sha Allah

AhlaamBella
03-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Little tip: record yourself and play it back reading along checking if you used the correct rules in the right way :)

IceQueen~
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Here's a good website: http://www.tajweedinenglish.com/

as sis AhlaamBella said -record yourself then when you playback first playback a tajweed recitor and then play your own voice and compare (do this bit by bit)

I personally recommend Abdullah Basfar (Mujawwad) as the recordings are generally clearer than Husary's (Husary's are older)

Khalil_Allah
03-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Alhamdulilah, nothing beats sitting with a master.

You can do it over the phone, online, whatever, but the best is to find someone who'll sit with you and listen to you read while correcting you.

You can learn a lot on your own by reading the "theory" and then listening to Mahmoud al-Hussary (http://english.islamway.com/sindex.p..._a=view&id=144). I attached a link to all of his recitations.

May Allah make this task easy on both you and me. Amin.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-26-2010, 10:22 AM
i have another question that i couldn't seem to find the answer to on the (Qortoba) site...what is the study schedule like in terms of "clashing" with other studies you may be doing. like is it ok and manageable to study 2 things at once, or is it draining/stressful?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!