/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You Know you're attached to the Quran when

$tranger
03-11-2010, 10:36 AM
:sl:

Just a thread I saw on another forum which I really liked. Add your own

You Know you're addicted to the Quran when...
  • the pages of your Mus'haf become wrinkly and the edges begin splitting due to the turning of the pages. The colour of the pages indicate which part you have reached.
  • certain actions almost automatically remind you of certain ayahs
  • "You can picture in your mind almost exactly what's being recited, imagery forms, you experience the emotion of the tract and have to pause to praise Allah or seek refuge in Him."
  • you have an almost physical pain when you hear the Qur'an being recited with poor tajweed/pronunciation
  • you are able to tell where the reciter is from simply by nuances of their pronunciation/accent
May Allah make us among those who have these characteristics and qualities. Ameen!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
footy_craze
03-20-2010, 02:04 AM
When you start reciting random ayas in voices of different shuyook

Beardo
03-20-2010, 02:05 AM
When you subconsciously recite it at inappropriate times.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-20-2010, 02:17 AM
When the only thing that can cheer you up at any time for any reason is the Qur'aan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-20-2010, 02:19 AM
When you stand in Taraweeh and you know exactly what the Imaam is reciting and you feel the ayaat shake the soul because of the intensity of what's being said.

Danah
03-20-2010, 02:25 AM
And when any ayah you hear reminds you automatically of it's exact position in the page (up,middle,down) and whether it's on the right page or left page.

When you feel strange and lonely if you for any reasons didn't read from your own usual mushaf for some days

Great thread! JazakAllah khair, we can keep the list going.

Life_Is_Short
03-20-2010, 02:36 AM
You do not need a hard copy because you much rather carry it in your heart.

Samiun
03-20-2010, 03:30 AM
I'm trying to recite good, I went to a few Teachers but I'm still bad with my tajweed.

Is it okay to try and copy the Tajweed from known sheikhs like Sheikh Sudais?

Danah
03-20-2010, 06:13 AM
^ I would recommend sheikh Sa'ad al Ghamdi as I find sheikh Sudais sometimes recites quickly in Salah that you might not catch some tajweed rules.

BintAbee
03-20-2010, 07:54 AM
When you can't stand listening to anything accept Quraan :wub:

$tranger
03-20-2010, 09:26 AM
when you can name which riwayah is being recited and notice the subtle differences

Sawdah
03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
When your throat starts to hurt because you've been reciting surah after surah and you want to continue.

When you listen to like 10 different people recite the same surah.

Danah
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
When you read an ayah and it stopped you as you feel that you read this Ayah for the first time and you want to keep repeating it more and more.

When you are reciting a surah by heart while doing any work and all of a sudden you jump to your mushaf to make sure that you are reciting it correctly

format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
When your throat starts to hurt because you've been reciting surah after surah and you want to continue.
Especially when you will be examined on it.

Al-Hanbali
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
....when it sends shivers down your spine!

Beardo
03-21-2010, 01:45 AM
When you try to analyze the meaning as you read.

waqas maqsood
03-21-2010, 01:52 AM
u feel fear and ask Allah for forgiveness when you come across aa'yahs of Allah cursing..

u feel content and ask Allah for His blessings when reciting about the good deeds and Aakhirah...

Danah
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
When you want to make sure of an aayah and you open your Mushaf randomly to check that aayah but by the grace of Allah you opened the exact page of that aayah you were looking for.....as if Allah is bringing this aayah to you.

Muhammad
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
^ SubhanAllaah, that is very true!

... When your dear Mushaf has been repaired many times by sellotape, due to its frequent usage!

... When pages have become discoloured due to those Surahs being read most frequently.

... When one of the essential items you must take on a journey is a pocket Qur'an.

... When you keep on reciting aayaat to yourself (during daily activities) and don't become bored of them.

... When you feel depressed if you stop reading Qur'an for a while.

footy_craze
04-11-2010, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
^ SubhanAllaah, that is very true!

... When your dear Mushaf has been repaired many times by sellotape, due to its frequent usage!

... When pages have become discoloured due to those Surahs being read most frequently.

... When one of the essential items you must take on a journey is a pocket Qur'an.

... When you keep on reciting aayaat to yourself (during daily activities) and don't become bored of them.

... When you feel depressed if you stop reading Qur'an for a while.
lol, best post so far. I agree with every point. Im pretty sure your a hafiz

Danah
04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
When your mushaf become one of your precious properties that you don't even allow anyone to touch it.

When you are memorizing a certain page but by the grace of Allah you find it in many places un-intentionally, ex: the imam recite it in the salah or you hear it in the radio/TV/or read it in internet........as if Allah is helping you to emphasize your memorization

When you live some daily issues that has something to do with your hifdh and immediately the aayat rings in your mind

Insaanah
04-11-2010, 10:26 AM

• When you recite it and want to understand it in every possible way; its grammar, tajweed, translation, tafseer.
  • When you recite it, understand it, strive to act on it and implement it in all spheres of your life, teach what you know of it to others, and convey it's message to others.

I'm not suggesting I'm like that by the way, but to me that is what I understand by a true love of the Qur'an (rather than addiction, which I don't like the term being used for the Qur'an).

cat eyes
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
addiction is a term for an illness if im correct so i would not use the word addiction

i have not really made much of an effort to study quran and recite all the time(i would love to be like that)

Muhammad
04-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Perhaps it would be better to use the word 'attached'? If so, I can change the thread name to that Insha'Allaah.

BintAbee
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
When you depressed, you feel relieved after listening to or reading the Quraan as if a great burden has been lifted off you.

زهراء
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM
When you listen to some Ayaah or suwar so often that you don't even realise you have memorised it.

Its all so true.

BintAbee
04-13-2010, 03:59 PM
When you feel a terrible pain when people rush through Quraan while reciting imsad

Masuma
04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
It is lovely!:cry: Extremely touching! Thank you all for these posts. Its my favorite thread!

I look at you people and feel ashamed...how much you love Quran and I don't even recite it for many days... :cry:

May Allah bless you all!

Jazakumullahu Khair!

Masuma
04-13-2010, 05:53 PM
...when you hear a child reciting some surah of Quran and you are reminded of the days when you yourself were one, learning it... :cry:

Masuma
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
...when you can see all the event shaping in your mind while reciting a Surah...

Masuma
04-14-2010, 04:15 AM
...when you remember the day when you woke up early in the morning and heard your dad reciting the Quran in beautiful voice and you would climb up to his back and would want to be lost forever in the harmony and rhythm of the beacutiful ayats! :wub: ...

Masuma
04-14-2010, 04:17 AM
...when you think of the small fights you used to have with your sister over who would get a chance to recite from dad's Mushaf due to the lovely scent which used to come from it... :)

Masuma
04-14-2010, 04:20 AM
...when before your exams, you recite Quran for sawab and right when you are in the examination hall giving your paper, the verses would ring in your mind and for some moment you would completely be lost in the rhythm...

Masuma
04-14-2010, 04:25 AM
...when you hear a child trying his best to pronounce the words correctly but is still failing in his attempts and your heart suddenly fills up with a gush of love because you think that how Allah didn't care about how you pronounced the words when you yourself were young and would still bless you with His mercy... :statisfie

Masuma
06-28-2010, 12:06 AM
...when your eyes get so filled with tears while reading the verses that you find it difficult to make words and a sudden gush of love and fear fills your heart... :cry:

CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 12:09 AM
^^ wow ... you seem to be really devoted to Quran. Following Allama Iqbal's reminder eh :p

Masuma
06-28-2010, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
^^ wow ... you seem to be really devoted to Quran. Following Allama Iqbal's reminder eh :p
Naaa brother! I'm just a very average Muslim! :cry: sometimes I don't actually like reading Quran! :cry:

CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Naaa brother! I'm just a very average Muslim! :cry: sometimes I don't actually like reading Quran! :cry:
understandable. But if you visit the recitation multimedia section, there are some recitations which just make you melancholic and force you to go out alone in nature and take time away from hustle and bustle of life ....

Danah
06-28-2010, 12:19 AM
JazakumAllah khair for getting this thread alive again. This is one of my best threads in LI!

cat eyes
06-28-2010, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
maybe we should create a thread in how we can become attached to the Qur'an :D

زهراء
06-28-2010, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
JazakumAllah khair for getting this thread alive again. This is one of my best threads in LI!
Mine too. It inspires me to learn more Qur'aan

Ummu Sufyaan
06-28-2010, 10:33 AM
when you wake up to find yourself reciting verses you are sure you haven't put any effort in to memorize.

p.s im not saying that thats happened to me :hmm:

Danah
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
When you are used to memorize Quran by listening to a specific reciter and his recitation is played somewhere you feel that you missed the Quran all of sudden at that moment and wanna go back home to read it.

tango92
06-28-2010, 11:21 AM
it has the same effect on you as drugs (good ones) but without the harmful effects

kite runner
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abraar
When you listen to some Ayaah or suwar so often that you don't even realise you have memorised it.

Its all so true.
That happened me. Before I became a muslim I watched the prayers from Makkah and unknowingly memorised Surah Al-Fathia

Danah
06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kite runner
That happened me. Before I became a muslim I watched the prayers from Makkah and unknowingly memorised Surah Al-Fathia
SubhanAllah!!!
That's really amazing!

Masuma
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Asalamu Alikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa barakatuh!

It's one of my favorite thread too :wub:

May Allah bless you dear sister! :statisfie

ayesha.ansari
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Amen.... Yes its a fact as we are Muslims i think ALLAH have already teaches us something about Islam and Quran. I have analyzed that children love to have prayer and recite Quran, the Muslims never thought that may be this book is not true. Even in Pakistan we are not familiar with Arabic but we feel no difficulty in reading Quran.

piXie
07-28-2010, 10:50 AM
You Know you're attached to the Quran when you become a walking talking Qur'aan :wub:

Sawdah
12-31-2010, 04:16 AM
*Bump*

...when you've listen to a surah so many times, you can almost be sure that you know by heart... but you still need to review it because you need to make sure that you know right. :hmm:

...when you listen to surahs you only dream to know by heart. Later on, you know it and when you listen to that surah again you just think "subhanAllah, I can't believe I know this surah... Alhamdulillah!"

Sawdah
02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
*Bump*

...when you hear an ayah that you know but you can't remember from which surah it's from, so you stop everything that you're doing and silently continue to recite the following ayahs until you recognize what surah you're reciting (this happens to me often, loq.)

Hannah.
02-19-2011, 05:06 PM
You recite the Quran and a sudden rush of inspiration & fear accumulates your heart <3

Danah
02-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Now I know this will look strange to many but it happened, I am sure many of you experienced such thing.

Someone asked you to recite from something you already memorized long time ago like months or years ago. You start reciting and you were not focusing on the words you were reciting yet you recite it correctly and very well, but suddenly when you try to concentrate on what you are saying you suddenly stopped and start to get confused whether you made any mistake or not. It feels like it wasn't you who were reciting in the beginning. Someone told me that this is the Unconscious mind‏ inside you who were retrieving the old saved in your memory without you even noticing it.

it happened to my friend in the class and my teacher realized that and she was saying to her: "keep reciting, don't concentrate on what you are saying, you are reciting very fluently" :)

Have anyone of you experienced such thing. I do sometimes.

Sawdah
02-19-2011, 06:24 PM
^ SubhanAllah, yes! That's so true, it happens to me too.

Wyatt
02-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I am not a Muslim, but I'm still attached to my Qur'an! I listen to recitations and I memorise surahs. I learn the Arabic from it, and learn more about Islam.

I also keep it very well taken care of and am quite defensive if anyone treats it like some other book.

[Edit: I don't even let my Qur'an touch the floor. If it does, I wipe it off, lol.]

Al-Mufarridun
02-19-2011, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wyatt
I am not a Muslim, but I'm still attached to my Qur'an! I listen to recitations and I memorise surahs. I learn the Arabic from it, and learn more about Islam.

I also keep it very well taken care of and am quite defensive if anyone treats it like some other book.
May Allah(swt) guide you to the straight path. Ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2011, 08:28 PM
you feel like you just recovered a lost treasure

Ghazalah
02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
When you randomly find yourself reciting ayats, flowing like water from a tap.

Snowflake
02-22-2011, 03:02 AM
when during the time you're not reciting the Quran you can hear your own voice in your head reciting it :cry:

MesMorial
02-23-2011, 12:57 PM
MashAllah. Quite nice.

piXie
03-06-2011, 10:12 PM
You know you're attached to the Quraan when you finish the UNDERSTAND QURAN DIRECTLY course! (Posted here some days ago)

Please join us there. Its the thread called 'IB Competition: understand Quraan directly in only two months'

=)

$tranger
03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
*bump*

... you can't stand the Adhaan of the Shaytaan (music); as the scholars say 'the heart can only contain the Qur'an OR music and not both'.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-25-2011, 10:54 PM
^Yes agreed! Mentioned in a lecture i listened to, for those who devote themselves to Qur'aan will hate any other things such as music, and vice versa. As the heart can love one thing and not both.

This is such an amazing thread masha'Allaah, read every post.

you know you are attached to the Qur'aan when i you cant live a day without reading the Qur'aan, there is this really bad/weird feeling where you realise you missed something really important. To try recite upto one ayah each day. The peace you recieve from listening to Qur'aan is so wonderful, you cannot compare it to any other thing, only those who have experience will realise this.

Qasid
03-25-2011, 11:14 PM
when your not feeling well or any questions that need to be answered you read your quran.
Or when your eyes start watering while reading the chapter on maryam.

Ghazalah
03-25-2011, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qasid
Or when your eyes start watering while reading the chapter on maryam
So true. :cry: With any verse of the Quran...

Danah
03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
When you feel very bad if you suppose to memorize a page but you find it hard to memorize.
you get that awful feeling because you start thinking that this is happening to you because you are sinning or maybe because you are disobeying Allah.

Amat Allah
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
- when you have a bad memory and still struggle to memorize the cure of your heart and all your troubles...
- when you cry for seeing others able to memorize so much while you are still digging in the same place...
- when you find it hard to sleep for your head is repeating some specefic ayah or Surah...
- when a specefic ayah wakes you up from sleeping...
- when others say : your voice is ugly when you recite and you just ignore them and continue reciting...
- when people are all sleep and you are the only one who is awake reciting Qur`aan in the middle of the night...
- when you sight your Mus`haff somewhere and start smiling like crazy people...
- when you talk to your Mus`haff as like talking to a human and tell it how much you love it...
- when you take your Mus`haff as the best friend ever and trust it the most no but trust it %100...
- when you reply to some ayaat like in this verse where Allah says:"Is not Allah the Best of judges? (8) " and you answer saying: Yes indeed and I am from the witnesses...
- when you make the reciting Sujood...
- when you miss your Mus`haff and feel hungry for reciting and start running to hold it between your hands...
- when you perfume your Mus`haff and every time you open it; you smell it, kiss it and hold it so tight to your chest...
- when you get angry for seeing others treating Qur`aan carelessly...
- when you always put Qur`aan above all books and refuse to put even a small paper on it...
- when you gather kids recite for them and teach them the meaning of the ayaat and telling them the stories of Qur`aan...
- when you talk to others about Qur`aan as if you are talking about some lover and it is my lover...
- when you put some specefic ayaat in your signature...
- when you write specefic aayaat on papers and put it in your wallet instead of money...
- when you get angry and start reciting Qur`aan...
- when you are about to hit the one who beat you then remember the Aayaat which are talking about forgiving then stop...
- when you feel so entertained when reading the story of Qur`aan...
- when you make a quiz about the meaning of the Qur`aan vocabularies and stories...
- when you give money to help those who want to join tahfeez to memorize Qur`aan...
- when you try to end reciting Qur`aan monthly or less...
- when you listen to some Suraa or Aayaat many times over and over and over to memorize it...
- when others make threads talking about Qur`aan and you just join them...

May Allah fill our hearts with Qur`aan and Sunnah and their knowldeges and make us from those who follow the commandments of His Noble Book from A to Z and May He The Exalted never make us arrogant and proud but so humble and kind to each other and able to teach each other His amazing comforting words which lead our way to Him in this life and in the after life Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Najm
04-02-2011, 10:51 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

...When your jealous of a hafidh because you want to be like them in pleasing Allah and reciting the Quran eloquently.

FiAmaaniAllah

ayesha.ansari
04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
When you are trying to find a way out of any bad situation reciting Quran-ic versus and could not do that and you got the feeling that you are the curse one.. and ALLA has forgotten you just because you have ignored his prayer time... All that distressed feeling is also forbidden in Islam and the most beautiful holy book Quran.

BintAbee
04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
When you become very sad if the volume on the radio is lowered while you listening to the Quraan recitation imsad

Haya emaan
04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
when u want to cry alot bt u cant...u start reading Quran and it gives lots and lots of peace to ur heart and ur eyes start watering just to thank Allah for the peace of heart u have received
when u want to remember a related ayah on sum specific situation and it suddenly arises in ur mind
when while reciting Quran u start trying to translate the words and the meaning comes out correct

syilla
04-18-2011, 05:52 AM
MashaAllah...i'm so jealous of everyone...feel like repping everyone...but well... *sorry

Keep up with the good work :)

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
when..... you want to memorize more of it.

Signor
07-28-2012, 02:54 PM
When each Ayah of warms your heart and boost your eeman

When the words of Quran revealed centuries ago,becomes the reality of today and you feels like how can i get the whole treasure ASAP

When the Quran answers you back with its ayah when you are reciting it or with already memorized Surahs

footy_craze
08-24-2012, 04:03 AM
When you randomly start reciting verses from the Quran

Mustafa2012
09-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmat Allaah,

Firstly I'd like to say this is a very beneficial thread. Al Hamdu lillaah, jazaak Allaah khayr to the one that started it and all the contributed.

Secondly to continue with this thread:

You Know you're attached to the Quran when...
  • You prefer listening to it over listening to any other type of speech.

• You feel peace and tranquillity listening to it.

• When you read about The Majestic descriptions that are befitting of none other than Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'ala and become amazed at it.

• When you read about the descriptions of The Hereafter and it makes you yearn for it.

Scimitar
09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
When you stand in Taraweeh and you know exactly what the Imaam is reciting and you feel the ayaat shake the soul because of the intensity of what's being said.
This... so much this!!!

I'd like to add,

When you contemplate an ayah so much, that the gravity of its' implication sets your soul ablaze with a zeal that revives your spirit, and you become energised.

For me, that ayah is at the beginning of every Surah. Bismillah Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem.

When you sit there wondering at the letters: Alif Laam Meem, Alif Laam Raa, Haa Meem.

When you look for the 100th and most Secretive Attribute of Allah in the Quran. (and then you discover it was right under your nose the whole time...)

Scimi

White Rose
09-02-2012, 11:32 PM
When you don't read the Quran for a day and you feel like your heart has a part missing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!