/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wearing a Tasbeeh around neck?

jay786
03-14-2010, 06:12 PM
:sl:

Is it permissible to wear a Tasbeeh around your neck?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Why would you wear a Tasbeeh in the first place? It's not a fashion item.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-14-2010, 06:17 PM
No. hanging amulets is Shirk...my bad. I read it taweez...:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass: embarrass

Sampharo
03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
^ Same thing. Hanging what the prophet -s.a.a.w.- called "Tamima" which is amulet or talisman with anything written upon it with the intention of preservation or blessings or luck, is forbidden.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Wear Tasbeeh around neck ?........ Remind me to ahlul bid'ah.

By the way, started at late of 80's, many people in my place hang Tasbeeh on car central mirror. However, it is not related with any ritual but inspired by youth movie "Catatan si Boy" (Boy's notes).

ardianto
03-16-2010, 01:47 PM
My Salafi friend agree if Tasbeeh is bid'ah. So, he uses mechanical counter like this.

-------------

Another alternative. Electronic Tasbeeh.

Al-Indunisiy
03-16-2010, 02:50 PM

@ardianto

Untuk apa pakai alat macam begitu? Pakai jemari tangan kanan, kenapa?

Sampharo
03-16-2010, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Indunisiy

@ardianto

Untuk apa pakai alat macam begitu? Pakai jemari tangan kanan, kenapa?
Some like to count their dhikr far beyond the basic 33 tasbeeh after prayer. There are 80 blessings on the prophet on Friday, and 100 "La Ilaha Illa Allah WaHHdahu la shareeka lah, lahul-molk walahul-hamd, yoHHyee wayomeet wahowa AAala kollee shay'en Qadeer" in any given day. They can also divide the dhikr across several sessions, and make personal targets for high numbers of dhikr. So even without innovation there could be a use for it.

But of course the sunnah is definitely to count on the fingers, and it is indeed better to do so, as Allah will also make them speak on Judgement Day and they will say how we counted dhikr on them. And showing a tool of tasbeeh or masbaHHA to impress people is of course riya' and minor shirk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!