/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dubai International Peace Convention

Danah
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Thursday 18th March 2010
05:00pm - 11:30pm
Inauguration of Convention, Speeches, Exhibition & Bazaar.

Friday 19th March 2010
10:00am - 01:00pm
Speeches, Jumah Salah, Exhibition & Bazaar.

02:30pm - 11:30pm
Speeches, Qirat, Nasheeds, Exhibition & Bazaar.

Saturday 20th March 2010
10:00am - 01:00pm
Speeches, Exhibition & Bazaar.

02:30pm - 06:00pm
Speeches, Exhibition & Bazaar.

06:30pm - 11:30pm
Closing ceremony of Convention, Exhibition & Bazaar.

Venue:

Dubai Airport Expo Centre

Conveniently located adjacent to Dubai's International Airport, Dubai Airport Expo Centre is a 250,000 sq.ft. facility to cater for small to medium trade and consumer exhibitions. Built on a flexible frame structure, this modern venue offers state-of-the art infrastructure to meet truly world-class hosting standards.

Speakers

Sheikh Abdur Rahman Al Sudais (Expected)
Imam Masjed Al-Haram (Al-Kaba) – Saudi Arabia

download?mid15f6122075fAIbOjkQAAX02S5eWgQwzwUJusTA&amppid2&ampfidInbox&ampinline1 - Dr. Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais is the Grand Imam of the Masjid al Haram in Makkah in Saudi Arabia. He is known worldwide primarily for his beautiful recitation of the Qur'an (which he memorized at the age of 12). Imam Sudais was born in 1961 and is a doctor by profession. He comes from the Anza clan, his lineage is ABU ABDUL AZIZ Ibn ABDUL AZIZ bin ABDULLAH, bin ABDUL AZIZ bin MUHAMMAD bin ABDULLAH. He is renowned for his good character and simplicity. He also leads the Taraweeh Prayers during Ramadan (with the other Imams including Sheikh Saud Al-Shuraim).
View details

Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al Effasy - Kuwait

Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al Effasy, born in Kuwait in 1976, is a Kuwaiti national and a world-renowned qari. He is the imam of Masjid Al-Kabir (Grand Mosque - Kuwait) in Kuwait City and leads the taraweeh prayers in Ramadan every year. He studied in the College of the Holy Quran and Islamic Studies at the Islamic University of Madinah and has specialized in the ten Qira’at of the Holy Quran. Also, he has been certified by a number of great scholars of Quran.

View details

Dr. Hussain Hamed Hassan - Egypt

Dr. Hussain Hamed Hassan is considered as the father of Islamic finance. He received his PhD from the faculty of Sharia at the Al Azhar University in Cairo in 1965 and holds two degrees in law from the International Institute of Comparative Law, University of New York. He chairs the Sharia Supervisory Committee of many Islamic banks in the Middle East, and has advised several governments.

View details

Yasir Qadhi - USA

Yasir Qadhi is a lecturer and Islamic orator who has authored several books about Islam. He is a popular speaker in many Muslim circles in the United States, Canada, England and Australia. He is one of the few people who has combined a traditional seminary training with western education.
He was born in Houston, Texas, USA, went onto high school in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and worked for Dow Chemical on a short stint.
View details

Yusuf Estes - USA

Yusuf Estes is very loved by the young Muslims and the young-at-heart Muslims, who call him the "Funny Sheikh". Children and adults all delight to hear Yusuf Estes talk about coming to Islam while trying to convert a Muslim from Egypt to be a Christian, an amazing story, it makes you laugh and cry at the same time. (www.YusufEstes.com)
Raised a strong Christian, educated in Texas, USA, he became very successful owning music stores, TV shows and was a music minister and preacher of the Bible.
View details

Abdur Raheem Green - UK

Abdur Raheem Green was born in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania. His father was a colonial administrator in the then extant British Empire. By the time he was walking the old colonies were getting their independence, and his family moved back to the UK. He was sent to a Roman Catholic Monastic boarding school, Gilling Castle and then onto Ampleforth College. It was there that he really started to question what life was all about and how much sense the traditions he was being brought up with really made.
View details

Sheikh Hussain Yee - Malaysia

Sheikh Hussain Yee is the President of Al Khadim Organization in Malaysia. He is a Malaysian national of Chinese descent. Born into a Buddhist family, he embraced Islam at the age of 18 in 1968.
He pursued further studies at the Islamic University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia majoring in Hadith. After graduating in 1978, he joined the Muslim Welfare Organization, ‘Perkin', in Malaysia, which focuses on the well being of the new converts to Islam. Later he seconded as director of Islamic centre in Hong Kong.
View details

M.M Akbar - India

M.Muhammad Akbar is a well-known Muslim Dawah (missionary) worker, author and speaker on Islam from the South Indian State of Kerala. He is a Physics graduate. He has distinguished himself as perhaps the most noted Dawah activist in Kerala with his innovative approaches in introducing Islam in conducting speeches, seminars and debates with scholars of other religions as well as atheists and communists. His programs are noted for active participation by non-Muslim scholars as well as public.
View details

Saeed Rageah

Sheikh Saeed Rageah was born in Somalia, raised in Saudi Arabia and in the late 80s found his way to North America. He is married and has four daughter and two sons. He enjoys spending quality time with his family.
He holds a B.A in Islamic studies as well as a Masters in Shariah from the Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in Fairfax, Virginia. Over the years, he has held several posts including founder of Masjid Huda in Montreal, Masjid Aya in Maryland, Muslim Youth magazine and the Aqsa Association.
View details

Ahmed Hamed - India

Ahmed Hamed is an Indian Born. He is 28 years Old. He is certified as a Master of Business Adminstration from the the Kensington University. Currently working as a Country Head-UAE in a Multi National IT Company.
He is a self-motivated and passionate Speaker of Islam and comparative religion, Trainer and Social Worker working in the field of Da’wah for the past few years.
View details

International Islamic Bazaar

Introduction

The Arabic word Halal means permissible in English. Though the word Halal in general, is used in the context of consumables or products used by the Muslims, it has a wide range of connotations–from inter human relationship to clothing manners and social behavior, from trade, business and financial transactions, to investments and property management or any other which is parallel to guidance specified by Islam. In other words, Halal is a standard which covers every facet of a Muslim life.

Objective

This is an effort with a clear objective of to bring together buyers and traders from the Halal industry around the world by creating an interactive platform for ‘International Halal Products industry’.

This will be world class exhibition, promoting trade networking and brotherhood amongst the investors on Halal Products & Services as well with other trades. A congregation of the international traders, buyers, investors, media, higher government officials & decision makers, will meet for the purpose of this event.

For Further Details and Booking Stalls at the International Islamic Bazaar, please visit contact us or meet us personally at Al-Manar Quran Study Center.

For more information on the even:
http://peaceconvention.com/Home.aspx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
I really really want to go to this! Transportation is going to be very difficult though, ugh. Will you be coming sis?
I won't be able to go all the days though, and I want to know who's speaking at which times, but I don't think they've released that info yet.

Danah
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I really really want to go to this! Transportation is going to be very difficult though, ugh. Will you be coming sis?
I won't be able to go all the days though, and I want to know who's speaking at which times, but I don't think they've released that info yet.
I don't really know if I will go or not, as you know I don't live in Dubai.....I would like to know if this will be shown in TV, I asked a sis about this and still waiting her reply.

I am very excited about it. Who knows maybe Allah will make it easy for me to attend :)

If you wanna know more visit their web and watch the video posted there, they included some contact numbers there. Ask them about the exact schedule of speakers.

Cabdullahi
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
no yassir fazaga? :( arrrgh

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
For those who interested on this event. Its on TV now, live broadcasting in Sama Daubi channel and Noor Dubai channel

crayon
03-19-2010, 08:08 AM
^Jazaki Allah khair for that sister!! I didn't catch it yesterday but inshaAllah I'll see it today. The whole program is going to be on live, today and tomorrow as well?

Danah
03-19-2010, 09:34 AM
^ sadly no!
They only showed the openning ceremony and then stopped broadcasting the rest of the program imsad

Danah
03-21-2010, 11:03 PM
I just found this video of the event now:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1307913

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!