/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade

OurIslamic
03-19-2010, 01:01 PM
:sl:

I'm just wondering, what happened to the forum upgrade?

I was looking forward to it.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
03-19-2010, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
It was almost done :ermm: And then Rashad forgot where the 'Save' button was :hmm:
It might be of importance to note that zAk was the one that recommended the upgrade to begin with.

At any rate, I will not take responsibility for the forum crashing. :exhausted

Insha'Allah the next attempt will be successful. The forum will be down for a minimum of 12 hours. believe me, it's hard for me too. They said they'll try again end of this week.

OurIslamic
03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Man........12 hours is a long time lol. Why's it going to take so long?

Beardo
03-20-2010, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Man........12 hours is a long time lol. Why's it going to take so long?
Look how many posts and data we have. :phew Masha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OurIslamic
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Digitalpoint has 19million posts, and it took 2 hours....

Beardo
03-20-2010, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Digitalpoint has 19million posts, and it took 2 hours....
Allah Ta'ala knows best. They are a webmasters forum, so I do expect them to have more efficient means to carry out these technical duties.

-S-
04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
After 21 hours of a nightmare upgrade alhumdullillah got there in the end!

-S-
04-06-2010, 09:12 AM
dunno u guys can decide on that just gonna do the finishing touches then bed time!

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Alhamdulilah!

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Avatars aren't showing btw. I think there's some problems when you click a person's profile and try to search for posts made. It only shows the posts that have been made after this new upgrade?

I'm not a fan of this skin!

-Fallen Angel-
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
This new layout looks nice

-S-
04-06-2010, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Avatars aren't showing btw. I think there's some problems when you click a person's profile and try to search for posts made. It only shows the posts that have been made after this new upgrade?

I'm not a fan of this skin!
its working now

Yeh unless we rebuild the search engine which will take a long time all past posts you wont be able to search for them they are there but u cant search cos we need to rebuild the search index

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
The Whats new button is supposed to be the live post feeds! Where is the user cp?

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Top right - 'Settings'.

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Ok mabrouk . Good job -s- .

Güven
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
'Nice. We only need a good skin then we are complete. :statisfie

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't know if its complete but i noticed that the gender and way of life are missing . And islamicboard.com picture on the top.

ardianto
04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Finally, we use Vbulletin 4.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Dotsis also upgraded their software(same software and version) long back, but lack of good skins rendered the site unvisitable ;D (at least for me...). I hope we can get some new and intuitive skins here on IslamicBoard...Insha Allah.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-06-2010, 11:06 AM
awww...I don't want to leave this forum....please don't show me way out...
I'm sorry. I apologize, if that was upsetting for the admin who spared 21 valuable hours of time to endure such comments of opprobrium. imsad

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Is there a hyderabadi civil war going on? :ermm:

AabiruSabeel
04-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Don't know if anyone noticed, but the breeze is cool.
We can still have better, inshaAllah.

Grofica
04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
i kind of like the new set up.... i just wish the old header was still there... it was pretty.

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
What happened to your rep power it was 191

Güven
04-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Rep Power seems to have been reduced.

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Is there a hyderabadi civil war going on? :ermm:
I was referring to your rep power . It was 191 . Even mine it was 3 now its 2 :)

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
^ And mine was more than twenty :exhausted

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
^ Are you referring to the cucumber? :p

Dagless
04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
'Nice. We only need a good skin then we are complete. :statisfie
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
I don't know if its complete but i noticed that the gender and way of life are missing . And islamicboard.com picture on the top.
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Finally, we use Vbulletin 4.
It looks good mashallah, but how do you view rep and rep comments? maybe this will be added later... and do you guys still have the old version running somewhere? I guess the boundaries for rep power need to be changed too.
btw this post isn't really a reply to you guys, I just wanted to use the multiquote button :p

edit: duh I was looking in the wrong place!

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 01:38 PM
^ The reps received and comments are visible :hmm:
But the reps given are not. As well as the latest threads posted by you and the latest threads replied to.

Danah
04-06-2010, 01:52 PM
May Allah reward you for your effort brother Sajid

On the usercp it doesn't show who was the last poster of the subscribed threads....can we get this fixed please?

Güven
04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
we can see the reps received but not the ones we have sent.

Danah
04-06-2010, 02:20 PM
^ I think we need to see the reps count we received to know if someone left a comment in our page more than seeing the rep power.

Also, can we get the list of the latest posts that used to be up there in the home page? or that is not possible?
Aslo, when we search for a member's last posts we are directed to a list of the threads s/he posted in without seeing the posts itself...can we have a list of posts only like before? I hope I am not asking too much today :><:

btw, with some more browsing, I am noticing that there are many good features in the new version that was not there in the old one....JazakumAllah khair

Beardo
04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
If you guys notice any bugs etc, please post them here.

AabiruSabeel
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
btw, with some more browsing, I am noticing that there are many good features in the new version that was not there in the old one....JazakumAllah khair
Is it only me who cannot find any new good features? Or were they all hidden from everyone else in the old version?

aadil77
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
loads;

user cp missing
li proper theme missing
search not working

Beardo
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
loads;

user cp missing
li proper theme missing
search not working
User CP is now known as your "Settings", available on the top right of your window.

LI Proper theme isnt a bug.

Search... I just checked. It seems to be working for me. Do you mean that not all the results are showing up?

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Can you please explain Whats the difference between the old and new version? And Why did you upgrade?

Danah
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
sis Misz_Muslimah keep getting this message when she is trying to log in:

vBulletin Message
Forum Upgrade In Progress... Last Updated: 06th April 2010 01:09am UK time Expected time to be back up: 06th April 2010: 14:00 PM UK Time
she couldn't view anything or post.

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Is it only me who cannot find any new good features? Or were they all hidden from everyone else in the old version?
you will notice them with some more browsing....but yeah I start wondering too if they were hidden in the old version and we just noticed them now.
I liked the way we can multi-quote posts, it pasted the quoted posts automatically in the quick reply box without directing you to another page...I think that was not exist in the old version, was it?

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Perhaps not a bug, bookmarks are not working...for example...
previous link structure http://www.islamicboard.com/urdu/134...-e-shikwa.html
current link structure http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...Jawab-e-Shikwa
also the search feature is not working...for example you cant find the thread http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...Jawab-e-Shikwa by searching with a tag shikwa or Shikwa-e-Shohar ...

AabiruSabeel
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
you will notice them with some more browsing....but yeah I start wondering too if they were hidden in the old version and we just noticed them now.
I liked the way we can multi-quote posts, it pasted the quoted posts automatically in the quick reply box without directing you to another page...I think that was not exist in the old version, was it?
Yes, multi-quote and reply with quote options are better now. Apart from that I cannot find any new features. Live Post Feed, Calendar, Community, Forum Actions, Quick Links, Who's Online, etc everything was there in the old version.

Beardo
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Can you please explain Whats the difference between the old and new version? And Why did you upgrade?
Well, an upgrade is an upgrade. The advanced features are upgraded. Like the whole reply system etc. We'll be more familiar with the changes as we move on. At the moment, it's too soon to tell.

Beardo
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Omg, vB4.0 is wayyy cool. I added a sidebar ON MY OWN. WITHOUT ANYONE'S HELP! :O

Beardo
04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Enjoy the Ad-Free Moments while it lasts!

aadil77
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
nooo not this reply with quote crap, you end up replying without quote

Is there a way to chnge the theme back to the normal one with all these exra features

also I can't find my old posts and search isn't coming up with any results

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
just a thought...cant we use new software but old skin?:ermm: Also this update is said to have problems with attachments...in other forums too...:-\

Beardo
04-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Sabrun Jameel

Patience is beautiful.

Man sabura dhafira

Who is patient, is successful.

aadil77
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
All the old skins are incompatible with the new software :ermm: We'll try and get new ones soon. But if you can find any good ones, please post those here.
nah man, the thing that invites people to Li is that nice homely theme, this one is just gonna put people off like Ummah used to be

Danah
04-06-2010, 04:20 PM
As I said before, I manually decreased the rep power for all. We'll inshaAllah get back all the lost things slowly one by one, including the top stats and the stuff in UserCP, InshaAllah. Just have patience.
Good to hear that. Jazakum Allah khair

Beardo
04-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Okay, The Ad-Free Moments are over. I put up some JannahStudios/HalalPress Adverts on the top and bottom of the forum.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
^ you're advertising yourself....? hehe

Predator
04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I can see that with the new upgrade the reputations points system is removed .so i guess you will also be removing the rep power as well

Güven
04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
what do you mean the rep system is removed? you can still give reps and view the reps received.

sur
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Search system is NOT working...!!!
If i click sb's name & click "view posts by so-&-so" it doesn't bring up anything...!!!

Predator
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
what do you mean the rep system is removed? you can still give reps and view the reps received.
I used to see the reputation points next to My avatar and it is now gone with the upgrade

Insaanah
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
As I said before, I manually decreased the rep power for all.

Some people seem to have more than half their original rep power, and some have less. Was that intentional?

We'll inshaAllah get back all the lost things slowly one by one, including the top stats and the stuff in UserCP, InshaAllah. Just have patience.
Jazaakallah khair. May I point out a few things that I've noticed?

When you quote a post at the beginning of your message, the quote appears halfway down the page, with a big blank empty space above it, as at the top of my this post. It's just doesn't look very tidy. Can that be changed?

I miss having the new posts on the main forum homepage. The sidebar new posts aren't in real time and lag behind, and so you have to click on live feed or new posts at the top left to see the actual latest posts. Is there any way to get these on the main page? As I write this, the new posts on the side bar on the right are showing up as being posted one minute ago, but actually all five of them, from various threads, are two hours old.

Has the option to reply anonymously to a thread gone? I can't see it any more.

I know these will take time but thought I should point them out. Jazaakallah khair.

marwen
04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I thank all the developers and brother -S- for this effort
The design is pretty cool, the top-left logo is nice :

, but its image quality is not really good, may be because it's JPG, can the designer change it to another format ? (GIF, BMP...), it will not take more than one or tow minutes to do.
Anyway, its just a little details, but I liked the new forum version.

Dagless
04-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I also miss that little box at the top which told you the most recent posts which had been active.
Is Rashad making notes? or getting ready to kill everyone? :p

Beardo
04-07-2010, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I also miss that little box at the top which told you the most recent posts which had been active.
Is Rashad making notes? or getting ready to kill everyone? :p
*red eyed* Anyone that complains, yes.

aadil77
04-07-2010, 12:39 AM
LOL just read this from a thread alpha dude quoted, about old element theme

http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6656

Originally Posted by Xaphan
I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to down-grade back to 3.8. If possible.
I'm sick of version 4 and all of my users hate the default theme.
Daily post count dropped when I upgraded to 4, so before my forum dies I'm going backwards, guess I'm done here if I'm successful.
I guess its time to downgrade before the forum goes dry, we can upgrade again once they get the same theme working for the new version

Insecured soul
04-07-2010, 02:14 AM
salaam guys

this new upgrade is nice, its looks better and simpler and cuter :)

but where is that is option? if its on its way then good or help me if im not able to find it.

Muslim Woman
04-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Salaam;

yap , where is it and how can we give rep to others now ?

Woodrow
04-07-2010, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam;

yap , where is it and how can we give rep to others now ?
The usercp is now called settings in the upper right of the page. The rep thing is now the star icon in the lower left corner of each post.

syilla
04-07-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm just so lost... :S ...

Probably i can only be posting next year...

BintAbee
04-07-2010, 04:17 AM

User CP = settings (top right corner)

Reputation = star at bottom left of each post

EDIT: Sorry I was late :hmm:

Rafeeq
04-07-2010, 04:49 AM
How to see who gave me reps etc? and comments people were writing earlier can not be seen now??????????????????????????????????????

Insecured soul
04-07-2010, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
How to see who gave me reps etc? and comments people were writing earlier can not be seen now??????????????????????????????????????
its there in the settings did u check?

also mods, what about those last 5 topics on which u replied? and which u started that cant be seen? earlier it was there in usercp before upgradation

if we can have those things back insha allah

Beardo
04-07-2010, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
its there in the settings did u check?

also mods, what about those last 5 topics on which u replied? and which u started that cant be seen? earlier it was there in usercp before upgradation

if we can have those things back insha allah
Yeah, I miss the last 5 thing too. Insha'Allah we'll get back up to normal standard very soon. Just make dua and maybe you guys can help in searching on google for themes and plugins for restoration purposes.

For now, there's the retractable sidebar with the 10 most recent posts and 5 most recent threads. :)

Nokiacrazi
04-07-2010, 05:46 AM
He means the rep points.

There was rep points and rep power before.

Now there is just rep power.

Nokiacrazi
04-07-2010, 06:01 AM
How do you check where you got rep from?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-07-2010, 10:59 AM
is whats being posted in the gender rooms meant to be showing in that window on the side where all the other new posts are :?

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
^No, it wont be shown to the users who are not part of the private forums (gender rooms)...check it by yourself...log-out and take a look at the side-bar...:D

Getoffmyback
04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm using my phone now . When i go to settings to check who replied to a thread it doesn't show the name of the person . But on the pc it works fine.

Fטлку
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
^ I'm using a laptop and still won't show the names of the last posters in the Subscribed threads :hmm:

I think this upgrade actually made the forum more active....everybody loves to complain! :D

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:12 PM
masha allah wow

I Mr.President say IB you are clear to go you have done a great job MODS AND ADMINS

lookss superb I don't have words to say u all guys !!!

wel done !

wel done !

wel done !

jazzkallah Kyr

Getoffmyback
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I made a mistake when i said its working fine on my pc . Its the same not showing names.

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
ahmm ahmm ....

Forum looks clean but I have some question u know we have to get used to the GUI so where can I find
the "who gave me reputation" list ?

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-07-2010, 01:20 PM
^ the userCP is named settings now...:? on the top-right...

marwen
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
ahmm ahmm ....

Forum looks clean but I have some question u know we have to get used to the GUI so where can I find
the "who gave me reputation" list ?
Top right : Settings that's the new name for userCP I think.

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
jazzkallah kyr now ok thx u2

I have to say this again again the look of this forum is gr8 !!! woooww masha allah

Fטлку
04-07-2010, 01:27 PM
^ you just became a full member so i guess now you can view it at your usercp:]

Fטлку
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
We still have reputation system :hmm:
The exact number of reps don't show but you can see the "range" sorta by hovering over the green thing. And give reps with the "Star" thing and view reps at the "Setting" thing :p

Salihah
04-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I like the new style :statisfie
looks like many many hours of work...
Maybe you should think about an iPhone version, loading is very slow now and some links are uncomfortable to use.
I think, the resolution of "LI Islamicboard" is not high enough, in Firefox and Safari it doesn`t look smooth. Favicon is still the old one :hmm:

The style is very elegant and nice, although the contrast of the "new post" page is very low and the icons much to big, which makes it somehow difficult to read the topic headlines.
Congratulations!

Beardo
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
The rep system is on the bottom of the post.

Rep points can be seen on your profile settings.

And lastly, we're working on getting things back to normal. Please bear with us.

Jazakumullahu khair.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 06:49 PM
There's been a new skin added. Scroll to the bottom of the forum and select "Breeze". That can suffice for now insha'Allah, right? Tell me what ya'll think.

marwen
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah that's great ! This new skin is much attractive. thnx.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
See, I TOLD YOU ALL, give us some time, we ARE working on it insha'Allah. xP

Beardo
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I just found this funny... You know how in Islam, we have our inheritance. Well, I found out Forums ALSO have inheritance Shari'ah law!

Inheritance:
vBulletin's styles use inheritance to manage templates and style settings. A child style inherits the templates and settings of its parent. For example, if a template is customized in a parent style then its children will inherit that customized template as their default.

Güven
04-07-2010, 07:37 PM
This one is awesome :ooh:

marwen
04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I just found this funny... You know how in Islam, we have our inheritance. Well, I found out Forums ALSO have inheritance Shari'ah law!

Inheritance:
vBulletin's styles use inheritance to manage templates and style settings. A child style inherits the templates and settings of its parent. For example, if a template is customized in a parent style then its children will inherit that customized template as their default.
:D Yes inheritance is always beneficial (inherit = get things for free lol), even in software development : it helps to gain time and effort.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 07:49 PM
So will you guys get off my back in terms of design for some time? :X All I need to do is get those stats stuff back again. For now, you'll have to live with the right sidebar.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Here's another theme I found:
http://www.extremepixels.net/4.x/forum.php?styleid=5

Beardo
04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.completevb.com/demovb4/support?styleid=2

marwen
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
It will be great if you could add them to the list of themes, can you ?
(I like the orange one : enlighten)

Beardo
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
^ Yeah, there's very few out there though.

Here's what's left of the memories...

http://jannahstudios.com/logos/logo_blue.gif.png

marwen
04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
:yawn: it's really nostalgic. please keep this logo in a safe place :) it remembers me the first time I joined the forum the last year, I was very happy, and I still am :). I'm sure it means a lot for all the old members here :yawn:

But I think it's worthy to get a new version. this will give the forum new life.

Güven
04-07-2010, 08:30 PM

lol This was our (new) old theme which we had before the big crash, a couple of months ago.

Soulja Girl
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM

^Love it :D buh it dun beat this: http://jannahstudios.com/logos/logo_blue.gif.png imsad

Getoffmyback
04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
am i the only one seeing this imvu ads? on the front page?

aadil77
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
much better than before and it'l do... for now :P

element with a bit of this modern look would be perfect

Beardo
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
much better than before and it'l do... for now :P

element with a bit of this modern look would be perfect
What do you mean? What adjustments can be made to it to make it "modern"?

aadil77
04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
errm slight change of colours, new flashy logo like this?

Beardo
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM
But does everyone like that skin? I remember last time we put it up, we had a LOAD of objections. =/

Beardo
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.extremepixels.net/4.x/forum.php?styleid=5

aadil77
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
But does everyone like that skin? I remember last time we put it up, we had a LOAD of objections. =/
what skin? oops I was reffering to the modern look of breeze

Sawdah
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I like it, looks good.

aadil77
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
breeze looks much better

Ansariyah
04-07-2010, 09:24 PM
old is gold...i dunno wats wit this change again!

MMohammed
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey Rashad, the Breeze theme is perfect except that the forum descriptions aren't shown correctly.

cat eyes
04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
^ Yeah, there's very few out there though.

Here's what's left of the memories...

http://jannahstudios.com/logos/logo_blue.gif.png
aah i think im going to cry!! your really enjoying this aint you

Güven
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Ahh Not this again. :hmm:

Breeze is fine.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
^ lol

Well, I also like the breeze, but I guess I need to have some things fixed... Especially the logo. It's a little undone...

Misz_Muslimah
04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I prefer Breeze ..

Fטлку
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Breeze is sorta nice. Enlighten one is too orangey :hmm:

Alpha Dude
04-09-2010, 09:40 AM
I chose breeze but for some reason if I log out and come back later it doesn't remember my choice and reverts back to the default one.

Fטлку
04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
My Quick links and the community action thing keep getting cut at the bottom because of the ads :hmm:

PS, am i like the only person who has to use Color here? imsad the yellow and white and most of the other colors are working fine...just the purple ones not working :hmm:

Danah
04-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm using my phone now . When i go to settings to check who replied to a thread it doesn't show the name of the person . But on the pc it works fine.
Its not a good idea to browse LI through a mobile device, I am literally suffering when I use my ipod touch to browse!

Getoffmyback
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Its not a good idea to browse LI through a mobile device, I am literally suffering when I use my ipod touch to browse!
I'm using opera mini its working good. Try it.

Beardo
04-09-2010, 04:22 PM
There's another theme added to the list. I keep telling you guys, I am trying to work as hard as I can to please ya'll.

Anyway, I made enlighten the default theme. In case it's not the theme you have on, scroll down to the bottom of the forum and select "Enlighten" and tell me if its any better. :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum..
Aaah this theme is nice...Love it, but wud love it if it was Pink, baby pink,n baby blue n also in sky blue.( i meant the part where it says (Enlighten skin)...Khayrr Jazakallahu khayr brother for your hard word..
but overall, I like this theme its awesome...MashaAllaah....
Hope the rest like it tooo : ) Insha`Allaah
Wa alaaykum Salaam

Fטлку
04-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Aren't you going to change the Logo?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
^ LOL thats what i meant when i was refering to "Engligten skin"
Misconceptions are cleared Alhamdulilah ...lol meaning i didnt confuse you.or may i just did now...Khayr, Learn to live with my confusion for onneth :)

Fטлку
04-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Umm...where did the Live Feed option go? :embarrass

Beardo
04-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes, I do need to change that. Any volunteers? =/

Fטлку
04-09-2010, 05:33 PM
To critique? Plenty.
To help? Not too many.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Lol i dont know how to, since the Admins know more i think..
I think, since loads of people dont like change, we should have the Old Theme as an option...
But, then again its all upto the Admins..Admin power you get meh ? :\

Fטлку
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
LOL. That's the whole problem, we can't have the old theme.

Güven
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Breeze is still better.

We need to change those Top stat thingies because the sidebar is pretty much useless.

Beardo
04-09-2010, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
LOL. That's the whole problem, we can't have the old theme.
I'm glad someone realizes that.

There's no point in complaining about it. Just live with what we have and kindly provide us with your constructive criticism. Believe me, we are trying to get the forum to your convenience.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
i wasnt complaining :(...forgive if it sounded like so..i was refering to people who have critised upon this topic...
Khayr forgive me

AabiruSabeel
04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
There's been a new skin added. Scroll to the bottom of the forum and select "Breeze". That can suffice for now insha'Allah, right? Tell me what ya'll think.
Breeze was there since the upgrade. How did you all miss it?
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...=1#post1313905

جوري
04-09-2010, 09:47 PM
they all suck because the layout sucks.. but I must admit that 'enlighten' is the lesser of all evils.. still I wish you'd bring back the previous forum.. I honestly still don't even know how to get to any section on this forum I just click randomly on current topics which don't seem to be too current or go to my subscribed threads and navigate through there.. what a shame this is..:raging:

:w:

Danah
04-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm using opera mini its working good. Try it.
I don't think that Apple allow using any other browser than Safari. Ipod touch is different from mobile I guess, so I can't change it.

marwen
04-09-2010, 11:53 PM
the sidebar : New Forum Posts, it doesn't really show the last posts of some threads.

Salahudeen
04-10-2010, 12:02 AM
I feel like I'm travel sick and want to go back home to the old islamicboard.com but I can't and I'm feeling suffocated here. getting frustrated about trying to navigate.

Beardo
04-10-2010, 12:06 AM
People, listen up loud and clear:

The upgrade of the forum was needed. Without the upgrade, the forum would be full of bugs and vulnerable towards external hacks and viruses. Because we upgraded, the old skin is no longer compatible. We cannot get the old skin back. Until then, I request your patience. There is no use in requesting the old skin back because it is simply impossible. However, what you can do, is give us polite and constructive suggestions and criticism which will take us a step towards making this forum a more user-friendly environment.

That being said, let's start afresh.

جوري
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
I think that if the folks who hate the upgrade as much as I do can for the meanwhile use 'enlighten' and then click on the upper most left hand corner and it will actually give them a similar layout to the old forum.. it isn't it but it isn't as bad as the others~!

Fטлку
04-10-2010, 04:31 AM

The upgrade of the forum was needed. Without the upgrade, the forum would be full of bugs and vulnerable towards external hacks and viruses. Because we upgraded, the old skin is no longer compatible. We cannot get the old skin back. Until then, I request your patience. There is no use in requesting the old skin back because it is simply impossible. However, what you can do, is give us polite and constructive suggestions and criticism which will take us a step towards making this forum a more user-friendly environment.

I think everybody already knows that. We just love complaining about everything and being unreasonable ^_^

Insaanah
04-10-2010, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I feel like I'm travel sick and want to go back home to the old islamicboard.com but I can't and I'm feeling suffocated here. getting frustrated about trying to navigate.
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
they all suck because the layout sucks.. but I must admit that 'enlighten' is the lesser of all evils.. still I wish you'd bring back the previous forum.. I honestly still don't even know how to get to any section on this forum I just click randomly on current topics which don't seem to be too current or go to my subscribed threads and navigate through there.. what a shame this is..:raging:
I agree with the above that the new layout of the forum is difficult to use.

format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
I think everybody already knows that. We just love complaining about everything and being unreasonable ^_^
I don't think we're purposely trying to make life difficult for the admins, nor being unreasonable, we are just voicing what are legitimate concerns, and informing admins as to what things we are unhappy with and why.

To be honest, my perception is that the skin/theme (if that's the same thing) is not the main issue here, although a nice skin does play a part. The main issue is that the new layout is difficult to use. The fact that the newest posts don't appear on the main forum page and you are constantly having to click backwards and forwards (the sidebar is not much good as the posts even though it says posted one minute ago, are normally at least two hours old), the fact that the new layout is cluttered and hard on the eyes. Its this difficulty of use that's putting people off and making them unhappy. The old version was clean, simple, uncluttered and easy to use, everything you needed was on the main page and you didn't need to constantly click backwards and forwards to see what was happening.

I'm sorry I know this is not an easy time for you, but I didn't want there to be a misunderstanding that it was just the colours that were the problem. InshaAllah I'm sure you will find other skins, but can anything be done about the above?

Jazaakumullah khair for your patience with us also.

Getoffmyback
04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I was checking http://www.ummah.com/forum they are using the same version but the skin is soft on the eye and they have usercp and live post feeds . So if the admins can have a look:)

Woodrow
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
To put it in simple terms. I HATE CHANGES!!!!!!

I am a creature of habit. I like things to be in the same place every time I use them. I do not even like furniture being moved. I want the old and familiar back.

But, in spite of my wants and desires, the world does not revolve around me, life does not always hand out what I want. So it is in the world of the internet and forums. A forum gets set up and running, people get accustomed to the platform it operates on, but outside changes take place-- new browsers are developed, operating systems are improved, computers become more advanced, viewing tools such as flash, etc develop, as a result the old familiar platforms no longer operate properly, bugs develop, the platform becomes subject to viruses and hacks. Life advances in spite of my wishes and leaves me with only two choices, grow with it or throw the computer out the window. Since I do not want to clutter the yard up with dead computers, I guess I will simply force myself to accept the needed changes.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-10-2010, 11:16 AM
^Indeed.............

Getoffmyback
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I was checking http://www.ummah.com/forum they are using the same version but the skin is soft on the eye and they have usercp and live post feeds .

OurIslamic
04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Masha'allah, it's quite awesome :D

Woodrow
04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I was checking http://www.ummah.com/forum they are using the same version but the skin is soft on the eye and they have usercp and live post feeds .
Possible

* Ummah.com
* Archive