/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Lovers

Beardo
03-19-2010, 07:44 PM
So I was hungry... And I wanted something sweet. My mother bought strawberries the day before and some auntie gave us a jar of chocolate.

So...I took it a step further.

For the first time in my life, I made chocolate covered strawberries.

I took two pieces of chocolate and put it in a cup. I'm not a big fan of just plain milk, so I put a teaspoon of whipping cream over the two pieces of chocolate and then put it in the microwave for about a minute or so.

I then took it out and stirred it. Came out just like melted chocolate.

I then poured it into a bowl and dipped a fresh red strawberry into it.

DELICIOUS!

Try it. It's so simple. I never knew it was so simple!

You can also go stovetop, but I didn't want to make a mess.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Why is this in health and science? It's hardly healthy. :exhausted

Raudha
03-19-2010, 09:14 PM
And why is your simple Stawberries dipped in melted chocolate written out as long as a briyani recipe? :p :X

Beardo
03-19-2010, 11:56 PM
:l

Why are you people so stringent? :exhausted:

Can't even share a story without criticism on this forum... hmph...

And strawberries are healthy. The chocolate isn't. But it balances it out right? :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
waqas maqsood
03-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Subhanallah br Rashad...

I sense your a guy that is very spntaneous and loves to improvise...

PouringRain
03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

And strawberries are healthy. The chocolate isn't. But it balances it out right? :X
Strawberries are healthy. Some chocolate is healthy. I say enjoy those chocolate dipped strawberries!

Yum, yum.

SPARkle123
03-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Actually strawberries contain all the things a body needs they are a supper fruit, all red fruit contains much in the way of goodness for the body and the soul. and if the only way you can get your children to eat them is with a little chocolate then all good. by the way a small amount of chocolate is also very good for you. the darker the chocolate the better it is.

Life_Is_Short
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Why don't you buy this? :ermm:

A chocolate fountain or a fondue. Great for parties! ;D

Does anyone know an effective method for combining mint with chocolate? :hmm:

Beardo
03-20-2010, 02:03 AM
I've Never seen a chocolate fountain before live.

anyway... Mint... Hmm... I'd say you just melt the mints in with the chocolate as you put it on the heat. At least a little bit of flavor will be added to it. Or grind it into powder and put it on heat with the chocolate?

PouringRain
03-20-2010, 03:41 AM
You could buy peppermint extract.

Ramadhan
03-21-2010, 04:22 AM
shouldnt you put butter/oil (instead of milk/whipped cream) with the chocolate when you melt it?
Thats what people do when using chocolate fountain.

Also, just few days ago I read somewhere on yahoo healthnews that strawberry is among the fruits/veggies that contains high level traces of pesticides, that is, if it's not organic.

Beardo
03-21-2010, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
shouldnt you put butter/oil (instead of milk/whipped cream) with the chocolate when you melt it?
Thats what people do when using chocolate fountain.

Also, just few days ago I read somewhere on yahoo healthnews that strawberry is among the fruits/veggies that contains high level traces of pesticides, that is, if it's not organic.
Oh.

Well, now that you mention it, I think I should have added some butter. But it gets so fattening, you know? I had it two or three days in a row already. I need to cut down. :hmm: I just love chocolate so much.

cat eyes
03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
i absolutely love galaxy :statisfie

:D

Life_Is_Short
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
I like Aero mint. :)

Kabeer
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Does anyone know an effective method for combining mint with chocolate? :hmm:
Put some mint in your mouth, put some chocolate in your mouth, and CHEW! :lol:

Omg I love chocolate soo much, I have to try and calm myself not to eat it these days :omg:

Life_Is_Short
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kabeer
Put some mint in your mouth, put some chocolate in your mouth, and CHEW! :lol:

Omg I love chocolate soo much, I have to try and calm myself not to eat it these days :omg:
I'll try that tommorow.

Pure chocolate makes me sick. +o(

Kabeer
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Salaams,
I'll try that tommorow.

Pure chocolate makes me sick. +o(
I was actually joking ;). But seriosuly I dont see why it wouldnt work out well.

If chocolate makes you sick, why do you wish to even try mixing it with mint?

Peace

Life_Is_Short
03-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Salaams,

I was actually joking ;). But seriosuly I dont see why it wouldnt work out well.

If chocolate makes you sick, why do you wish to even try mixing it with mint?

Peace
Incase you hadn't noticed i said "pure".There is a difference. :hmm:

Kabeer
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Incase you hadn't noticed i said "pure".There is a difference. :hmm:
Ahh ok, Im guessing that means dark chocolate right?
Yeah in general thats too bitter for me too. But there are certain kinds that can be nice, usually the expensive smoother ones like Lindt.

Nowdays I like milk chocolate that isnt oversweet. I find cadburies a bit 'meh' now.

Eric H
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

I watched a Panorama programme last night, showing how child labour is used to harvest coco beans, often children have been sold into slavery, or kidnapped. They work long hours, and it can be dangerous work, the chances are that they will never eat a bar of chocolate.

To add to the evil, once the coco is loaded onto the ship, people in America gamble on the price of the beans, and they can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars without having to do any real work.

The reporter asked one of the New York traders, if the quality of the coco mattered, he said no. the trader did not worry where the beans had come from, and he was not too concerned that child labour was used. His only concern was the hundreds of thousands of dollars that he could earn at the expense of other people’s misery.

Next time you have chocolate, spare a thought and a prayer for those children who have been exploited in the chocolate industry.

TRAFFICKING IS…
growing. 2–4 MILLION men, women and children are trafficked across borders and within their own country every year. More than one person is trafficked across borders EVERY MINUTE, which is equivalent to five jumbo jets every day. a trade that earns twice as much worldwide revenue as Coca

Cola.http://www.stopthetraffik.org/takeaction/chocolate/

http://www.stopthetraffik.org/humant...ackground.aspx
In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

GuCcI
03-28-2010, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Why is this in health and science? It's hardly healthy. :exhausted
:sl:

it's healthy if you use dark chocolate :D

dark chocolate is the best. I don't like most chocolate brands on the market particularly for milk chocolate. they have a fake artificial flavouring after-taste

Dagless
03-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Strawberry's dipped in melted chocolate with whipped cream? I never imagined this to be the type of snack which is enjoyed alone. Rashad is there any kind of special clothing to be worn whilst eating this? A cravat perhaps?

ardianto
03-28-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Next time you have chocolate, spare a thought and a prayer for those children who have been exploited in the chocolate industry.
Maybe Chocolate factories does not employ child labors, or employ but in small number because many of those factories are located in rich countries. But there are many children under 15 who work in cacao plantations in poor countries.

Thanks for remind us.

S<Chowdhury
03-28-2010, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i absolutely love galaxy :statisfie

:D
^^^^^^^^^^^^ AHHHHH GALAXY :D Haven't had that in a while, but i love

★ηαѕιнα★
03-28-2010, 03:40 PM
YAY! Finally a topic I know stuff about. Hmm wonder why I didnt came across of this thread earlier.

You could also melt some chocolate and have some plain cookies and dip them into chocolate and then in some cruched cornflakes after. Gets you chocolate with a bit of crunch. Mum makes cookies like that. Delicous.

Im mean these kinds of cornflakes:

Hidaaya
03-29-2010, 12:44 AM
For extra amazingess, melt some white chocolate, take a fork and mix it around, and drizzle over the already chocolate covered strawberries. :statisfie

Kabeer
03-29-2010, 12:46 AM
For me its just get some LUURRVLY chocolate like Lindt, and then...
OM NOMNOMNOM :D

Darth Ultor
03-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Give me anything chocolate. That fountain looks great.

IslamicRevival
03-29-2010, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Give me anything chocolate. That fountain looks great.
Chocolate = Yuk!

★ηαѕιнα★
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
^^ Your a crisps person eey. Its either one or the other not both I came to notice.

cihad
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
chocolate is best plain melting in your mouth slowly...mmmm
i love cadburys

Beardo
03-29-2010, 01:15 PM
For me its just get some LUURRVLY chocolate like Lindt, and then...
OM NOMNOMNOM :D

Lindt? Yuck. Someone once bought my family 70% and 80% dark chocolates from Europe or something, and it was disgusting.

Ramadhan
03-29-2010, 02:53 PM
For me its just get some LUURRVLY chocolate like Lindt,
I am munching on Lindt's Dark 85% Cocoa as I type this.
It's healthy!

:statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Lol this thread it sooo niceeeee...makes me hungry...
and sad about the child labour, May Allaah grant them Jannah..Ameen

Chocolate is yummyy ...:D

brotherubaid
03-30-2010, 12:54 PM
All sorts of chocloates are aviable here , but i miss this and STILL havent found it out here.

WHATCHAMACALLIT

This n butterfinger

Not that big of a fan , but when i have an urge i cant find it nowhere here.

did find reeses cups at a spot but now they seem to be aviable everywhere.

Any one visiting from States soon , can u get me some watchmacalits !?

Beardo
03-30-2010, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
All sorts of chocloates are aviable here , but i miss this and STILL havent found it out here.

WHATCHAMACALLIT

This n butterfinger

Not that big of a fan , but when i have an urge i cant find it nowhere here.

did find reeses cups at a spot but now they seem to be aviable everywhere.

Any one visiting from States soon , can u get me some watchmacalits !?
Bro, I live in the states and I never heard of watchamacallits.

brotherubaid
03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Go to your nearest gas station InshahAllah

★ηαѕιнα★
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Subhanallah I thought only women loved chocolate..
Anyway whats a butterfinger? So weird all your kinds of chocolate we don't have here in Holland. Else I would try it. How does it taste like?
;D Funny name btw WATCHAMACLAT and what not: What ya imma call it?

Beardo
03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Subhanallah I thought only women loved chocolate..
Anyway whats a butterfinger? So weird all your kinds of chocolate we don't have here in Holland. Else I would try it. How does it taste like?
Chocolate covering peanut butter and peanuts. It's okay. I prefer plain chocolate.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Chocolate covering peanut butter and peanuts. It's okay. I prefer plain chocolate.
Like a Snicker or so?? Love that! Actually munching on one atm. Yumm!

Duhaa786M
03-30-2010, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
And why is your simple Stawberries dipped in melted chocolate written out as long as a briyani recipe? :p :X
LOL @ Raudha!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!