/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bots and Spiders...?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2010, 06:16 AM
:sl:
What are the Bots and Spiders browsing the forums....? Like MSNBot Spider, Google Spider, GoogleAdsense SPider...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
03-23-2010, 11:48 AM
From my understanding, they collect information in order to list things in their search engines. So, if you google search a term, then all websites with that term will come up (unless it is a search engines that truncates results). If the term is on here, then the google spider will pick it up, store it in memory, and then that is how it lists this forum in the google search when the term is searched.

That is the best way I know how to describe/ explain it. I hope it makes some sense.

Beardo
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
^ Precisely. Insha'Allah they won't harm you all, so just ignore them. :p They won't PM you or post on the forum. ;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Actually, I knew about them even before creating this thread...;D;D;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!