Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
03-23-2010, 07:44 PM
can somebody help kitten please???

aamirsaab
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
outline of stakeholders, structure, organisation, key business drivers

I'm guessing for this 1 I just have to list the stake holders, and the structure of the business.

but what does key business drivers mean?

key market facts relating to industry defined above, including figures

stuck here imsad

really stuck on this pls help imsad
1) Have you got athens account or access to mintel oxygen? That site gives you almost every business related answer you could possibly need. I no longer have access to that site cus finished with uni.

2) Key business drivers -- think of this as the key players of toshiba, like the marketing execs/managers etc.

3) Key market facts relating to industry = who are the top competitors in the industry, what are there sales, market share/growth, profit figures. That kind of stuff.

Alpha Dude
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

I think this is the kind of thing you need to talk about re: key business drivers:

What are your business drivers?

For any business, once in place, there will be a set of key factors which essentially 'drive' it forward. Different businesses have quite different drivers. For example, think about the following questions in relation to a supermarket; and also to a high-tech business software consultancy:

• How do they make money?
  • Where does the profit come from?
  • What are the key 'drivers' in the businesses - that make money for the stakeholders?
  • Are these drivers sustainable?

The answers to these questions depend on identifying a clear gap in the market in the first place, and identifying the key characteristics of the particular market and industry that you are entering. It is important to understand the difference between the market you will serve and the industry that you will be competing in.
Your market consists of the people who will buy your products or services (shoppers or high-tec businesses).
Your industry consists of all the other people who produce products that are the same, similar or close substitutes for your own (food outlets, independent retailers, or other consultancy providers).
A very good introduction to the importance of the 'market domain' and the 'industry domain' is to be found in John Mullins' book The New Business Road Test: What Entrepreneurs and Executives Should Do Before Writing a Business Plan. For full details of this book, including the opportunity to download a sample copy of Chapter 1 click here.
http://www.westfocus.org.uk/SiteMana...ML/page_03.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
03-23-2010, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
1) Have you got athens account or access to mintel oxygen? That site gives you almost every business related answer you could possibly need. I no longer have access to that site cus finished with uni.

2) Key business drivers -- think of this as the key players of toshiba, like the marketing execs/managers etc.

3) Key market facts relating to industry = who are the top competitors in the industry, what are there sales, market share/growth, profit figures. That kind of stuff.
:hmm: how am I meant to find out the names of their main managers? is it on that site you mentioned?

thanks for your other explanations very helpful. all of that will be on mintel oxygen?

aamirsaab
03-23-2010, 08:13 PM
:hmm: how am I meant to find out the names of their main managers? is it on that site you mentioned?

thanks for your other explanations very helpful. all of that will be on mintel oxygen?
Yes. All of that information should be available on mintel oxygen.

Might be able to get manager info from their actual website. I haven't checked, but toshiba should have on their website links to pdfs of their account/company which should contain manager name and info.

KittenLover
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Yes. All of that information should be available on mintel oxygen.

Might be able to get manager info from their actual website. I haven't checked, but toshiba should have on their website links to pdfs of their account/company which should contain manager name and info.
this sounds too easy :hmm: do I just get it from that site and write it in my own words and reference it?

are you saying that would be sufficient as a source? like I wouldn't have to back it up with anything else.

cos my teacher all ways says you have to proove everything you say with proof from legitimate source.
+o(

islamirama
03-23-2010, 08:47 PM
outline of stakeholders, structure, organisation, key business drivers
Also search how the business is structured, what kind of an organization it is. And go with Alpha on key business drivers, basically you need to show what is driving the business and its success. This could be technology and products, diversification in portfolio, strategic partnership. Usually R&D, business efficiency and cash cow products are good candidates.

key market facts relating to industry defined above, including figures
See what market the company caters to mostly and how does that market look for the industry the company is in. For example, it’s in IT industry and the market shows a trend towards laptops and cloud computing. Find market trend for the industry, state facts to back that.

aamirsaab
03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
this sounds too easy :hmm: do I just get it from that site and write it in my own words and reference it?

are you saying that would be sufficient as a source? like I wouldn't have to back it up with anything else.

cos my teacher all ways says you have to proove everything you say with proof from legitimate source.
+o(
Mintel is regarded as an academic source of information by all universities. Do of course reference the information as usual and do put it in your own words.

I don't know what the rest of your assignment is about, but I assume you'd have to make some analysis of the statistics i.e. make an informed statement (based on the facts and figures you found using mintel) on how well Toshiba is doing in the industry; how does it stack up against it's competitors etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!