/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A unique way to memorize Quran! (especially the endings of verses)

Danah
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
:sl:

I wanted to share this since I found it very helpful..I have been using this method for more than 1 month....

The most difficult thing I find when I memorize is the similarities between the ends of the verses like: عليما حكيما, غفورا رحيما and such other ends where you find them repeated so many times in the end of verses.

So to make it easy for me to remember those ending I draw a line of one color under all the similar ends through the whole Quran. like this:

green for غفورا رحيما
blue for عليما حكيما
purple for عزيزا حكيما

Don't underline the whole verse, you will get lost, just underline the last part of it that you find it repeated.

Especially in Surah An-Nisa (chapter 3) you will find that many verses are similar to each other in their ends. Of course you can link the meaning of the verse itself with the ending, but adding colors to it is making it even easier and make your visual memory work easier in remembering colors.

And to make things even more easier to me, I wrote in small stickers those ends of verses I get confused with and stuck each stickers with its proper color so I wont waste time in remembering which color is which when I will draw lines under the verses, like this:

You will be amazed the number of verses that have the same ends!!

May Allah guide and help all those who memorize Quran

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/...emorize-quran-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
03-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Bump..............

Misz_Muslimah
03-26-2010, 08:40 PM
^ Very unique mashallah..
Thanks for sharing :)

zircon
03-27-2010, 12:09 PM
mashaallah. great idea! thanks for sharing :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
03-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Brilliant idea, sis!

Jazaakillah khair for sharing. :)

Steven John
04-03-2010, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Bump..............
AoA,
i have seen people say this in other threads, please dont find me too stupid but what does it mean?

May Allah bless and guide us in The Truth as we submit unto Him

Misz_Muslimah
04-03-2010, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Steven John
AoA,
i have seen people say this in other threads, please dont find me too stupid but what does it mean?
Basically, when you post something and nobody replies..you bump it up so that it can get recognized.

Ameen

Danah
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
AoA,

Ameen
It's an Internet slang that stands for: (Bring Up My Post)

zircon
04-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Salam, i just read a technique of memorising the Qur'an somewhere and would like to share. in this technique we'd draw many squares, each representing one page of the qur'an. and in each of the squares, we can fill it with a list of several keywords for the particular page we're currently memorising. After that, pay attention to the square, it's content and close the eyes, trying to imagine and form the image in our mind.

i think this one is interesting, and there's also other techniques such as chunking the ayah(s) according to stories and imagining the flow. Setting time and focusing also proves to be a great aid. hopefully we can keep great tips and memorisation techniques coming in here so everyone can benefit inshallah.

Rafeeq
04-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Using the theory, I am using mashaf in which arabic & translation is written in 2 colors. Each word has one color and same color for the meanings. It really helps.

Danah
04-04-2010, 12:33 PM
JazakumAllah khair for your tips....It will be good if we make this thread for sharing ideas

I think above all, we should be careful of how we deal with the mushaf we are memorizing from....the least coloring or writing on the mushaf is always the best because this is not an ordinary book we can fill with notes and lines.

ayesha.ansari
07-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Its a great way to memorize the Quran. Thanks brother. Its very helpful for all of us.

Abel
07-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Thats clever, good job sister!

fahim kamran
07-23-2010, 06:32 PM
mashallah its a great way sister keep the good work on

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!