/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to stop itchy flakey scalp

Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
My scalp gets really flaky and itchy I don't know what triggered it off but it never used to happen :hmm: it started when I was 19 out of no where, I went to the doctor and he gave me a steroid lotion to put in it called BETACAP it makes my scalp better but the problem is whenever I stop using it my scalp slowly begins to revert back and becomes itchy and flakey again :hmm:

I can't keep using BETA CAP all my life does any 1 know of any other remedie?

these are the ingrediants of the steroid lotion the doc gave I think my heads become addicted to it :hmm:

Macrogol 7 Glycerol Cocoate (a water dispersible derivative of coconut oil)

Isopropyl alcohol

Carbomer;

sodium hydroxide

purified water

I wanna stop using it but whenever I do my scalp goes bad and itchy and if I rub my hands threw it and look down I see loads of flakes falling out imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
03-25-2010, 12:50 PM
:sl: i found this for you :)

Itchy flaky scalp getting you down? If you'll give me a couple of minutes of your time I'll show you how a simple and little known herbal remedy can get rid of your itchy flaky scalp once and for all.

An itchy flaky scalp can be caused by any number of things but often has to do with lifestyle, nutrition, infection or even an allergic reaction to the products you normally put on your hair. You see, most off-the-shelf products these days are so loaded with chemicals that in some cases they actually do more harm than good. Many anti-dandruff shampoos contain strong chemicals like Sodium Laureth Sulphate (the same ingredient used in engine degreasers), Propylene Glycol (found in antifreeze), and Silicone which is often found in leading brand conditioners and is used to add an artificial shine to your hair.

Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent little home remedy that has been used for many, many years to get rid of an itchy flaky scalp and dandruff.

Try the following recipe:

Wash hair with a mild, pH-balanced shampoo. There's no need to use a dandruff shampoo because the apple cider vinegar will gradually disperse and get rid of the dandruff and itchy flaky scalp problem.

Mix together the apple cider vinegar with some warm water (2 parts vinegar to one part water). By adding a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary you will help to cleanse the scalp further and add a little fragrance to your hair. (Always remember to patch test oils in case of allergies, and always consult your doctor if you are pregnant).

Pour the mixture directly on to clean hair or alternatively put it in a bottle and spray onto your scalp. Massage it in and let the mixture dry on your hair. There's no need to rinse it out (unless the smell bothers you).

In case of more stubborn dandruff and itchy flaky scalp you can try a stronger mixture of vinegar to water, such as a one-to-one ratio. You could even try using the vinegar undiluted and applying it directly to the scalp. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash the cider out with a mild, pH-balanced shampoo.

You'll get the best results if you use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to treat your dandruff. If you don't happen to have any apple cider vinegar, lemon juice can also be used instead.

Essential oils can be used to soothe the itching. Mixing together Lavender, German Chamomile and Eucalyptus Oils with water (4 parts water to 1 part oil), and applying locally to affected areas will help to relieve your itchy flaky scalp.

**Bonus Itchy Flaky Scalp Remedy**

Ok, I'm feeling kind today, so here's an extra little home remedy for you. :)

Fenugreek seeds are excellent for getting rid of dandruff:

Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak overnight in water
In the morning grind the soft seeds into a fine paste
Apply this paste all over scalp and leave for half an hour
Rinse off thoroughly with soap nut solution
A teaspoon of lime juice on the last rinse will work wonders
There are many remedies for an itchy flaky scalp and dandruff that you can make in the comfort of your own home.
Check out my Itchy Scalp Remedies Website which will give you tons more information on the causes of your itchy flaky scalp and dandruff and how to cure them.

For a Free ebook telling you some little known herbal cures that your doctor never told you about, go to my website and download a copy now http://www.natural-remedy-help.info/signup.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Anne_Cresacre
:wa:

cat eyes
03-25-2010, 12:56 PM
i found this other link too which you might be able to order something for yourself if your to lazy to do all that :D

http://www.seborrheic-dermatitis-oil...FRg-lAod4DSCsw

bewildred
03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Good info Cat sister. But just try the fenugreeek seeds on your hair and you'll quickly long for your itchy flaky scalp. It smells way too bad and when you go to the mosque, all the mosque will smell fenugreek.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
03-25-2010, 04:12 PM
try cutting your hair short, keep washing it with some head and shoulders and avoid wearing hats for too long

PouringRain
03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Tea Tree Shampoo..... or put tea tree oil in your regular shampoo.

S<Chowdhury
03-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Coconut Oil on the weekends when your at home

Bungy Dude
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
If its serbohoeic dermatitis which is what i used to have, just use anti-dandruff shampoo, head and shoulders is the best, should do the trick. Thats what worked for me.

You can also try Nizoral which you use I think for the 1st 2 wks every 2days and then after once a week and then phase it out. (stronger form)

Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: i found this for you :)

Itchy flaky scalp getting you down? If you'll give me a couple of minutes of your time I'll show you how a simple and little known herbal remedy can get rid of your itchy flaky scalp once and for all.

An itchy flaky scalp can be caused by any number of things but often has to do with lifestyle, nutrition, infection or even an allergic reaction to the products you normally put on your hair. You see, most off-the-shelf products these days are so loaded with chemicals that in some cases they actually do more harm than good. Many anti-dandruff shampoos contain strong chemicals like Sodium Laureth Sulphate (the same ingredient used in engine degreasers), Propylene Glycol (found in antifreeze), and Silicone which is often found in leading brand conditioners and is used to add an artificial shine to your hair.

Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent little home remedy that has been used for many, many years to get rid of an itchy flaky scalp and dandruff.

Try the following recipe:

Wash hair with a mild, pH-balanced shampoo. There's no need to use a dandruff shampoo because the apple cider vinegar will gradually disperse and get rid of the dandruff and itchy flaky scalp problem.

Mix together the apple cider vinegar with some warm water (2 parts vinegar to one part water). By adding a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary you will help to cleanse the scalp further and add a little fragrance to your hair. (Always remember to patch test oils in case of allergies, and always consult your doctor if you are pregnant).

Pour the mixture directly on to clean hair or alternatively put it in a bottle and spray onto your scalp. Massage it in and let the mixture dry on your hair. There's no need to rinse it out (unless the smell bothers you).

In case of more stubborn dandruff and itchy flaky scalp you can try a stronger mixture of vinegar to water, such as a one-to-one ratio. You could even try using the vinegar undiluted and applying it directly to the scalp. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash the cider out with a mild, pH-balanced shampoo.

You'll get the best results if you use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to treat your dandruff. If you don't happen to have any apple cider vinegar, lemon juice can also be used instead.

Essential oils can be used to soothe the itching. Mixing together Lavender, German Chamomile and Eucalyptus Oils with water (4 parts water to 1 part oil), and applying locally to affected areas will help to relieve your itchy flaky scalp.

**Bonus Itchy Flaky Scalp Remedy**

Ok, I'm feeling kind today, so here's an extra little home remedy for you. :)

Fenugreek seeds are excellent for getting rid of dandruff:

Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak overnight in water
In the morning grind the soft seeds into a fine paste
Apply this paste all over scalp and leave for half an hour
Rinse off thoroughly with soap nut solution
A teaspoon of lime juice on the last rinse will work wonders
There are many remedies for an itchy flaky scalp and dandruff that you can make in the comfort of your own home.
Check out my Itchy Scalp Remedies Website which will give you tons more information on the causes of your itchy flaky scalp and dandruff and how to cure them.

For a Free ebook telling you some little known herbal cures that your doctor never told you about, go to my website and download a copy now http://www.natural-remedy-help.info/signup.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Anne_Cresacre
:wa:
jazakallah khair :)

Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
try cutting your hair short, keep washing it with some head and shoulders and avoid wearing hats for too long
yes the problem goes when I cut my hair short but I don't wanna pay £4 every 2 weeks to cut my hair.

I normally let it grow really long then get it cut short. I cut it every 2 months to keep it at the length where it doesn't it itch I haave to cut it every 2 weeks imsad

I'm a student £4 is alot of money.

Lonely Gal
03-25-2010, 09:46 PM
my mother always says make a lassi with yoghurt, water and egg.. wash hair a few times using this and on occassions rub oil redally well into head.. shud do the trick

cat eyes
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
when ur in the shower room inshaAllah u mite aswell try those remedies they will work and u wont have to cut ur hair

Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
when ur in the shower room inshaAllah u mite aswell try those remedies they will work and u wont have to cut ur hair
I will, gonna try apple cider vinegar and coconut oil inshallah.

syilla
03-26-2010, 02:46 PM
i don't know about you... but oil only make my scalp more flakey after that. Just try choosing a right shampoo thats good for the scalp.

Alchemist
03-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Just wash your hair with Head & Shoulders ever two days or so and it will get the job done.. ;D

Alchemist
03-26-2010, 03:06 PM
btw I meant to make a winking smilie. not an evil laugh smilie.. I can't edit my posts ;-D

The_Prince
03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
or just buy a monkey, and he will sit on your shoulder and will always help you out and just itch your head for you. :D lol sorry.

Alchemist
03-26-2010, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
or just buy a monkey, and he will sit on your shoulder and will always help you out and just itch your head for you. :D lol sorry.
hmm I shall use that technique sometime..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!