/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Gajordan
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm my name is Jordan. I'm not really new to Islam, i was born into it. But since i just turned 20yrs old......I'm starting to seek more knowledge about my religion....

I just wanted to ask you guys, i became curious of the name Khalifah

The internet defines it as

the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth; "many radical Muslims believe a Khalifah will unite all Islamic lands and people and subjugate the rest of the world"

Is this a name that anyone can have and use? Or should it not be handed out and taken lightly

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
03-26-2010, 02:46 PM
hi.... welcome and have a beneficial stay :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-29-2010, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gajordan
... "many radical Muslims believe a Khalifah will unite all Islamic lands and people and subjugate the rest of the world"...
I too believe this...So does that make me radical...?:hmm:

marwen
04-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Jordan !
format_quote Originally Posted by Gajordan
the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth;
That's not correct brother. A khalifah is not a representative of Allah on earth. He's just a leader for muslims, the difference between a Khalifah an a president is that a khalifah follows the Islam's recommandations when he is ruling.
The Idea of representing Allah on earth is not even Islamic (may be it exists in other religions). Muslims believe that Allah exists everywhere and he's never absent so we have to represent him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nokiacrazi
04-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Yes, a khalifah is basically like a president who submits their will to God. A khalifat is just a government who submit their wills to God. I think.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!