/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some tips to wake up for the fajr prayer :°)

marwen
03-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Assalamu 3alaykom everybody !

As you know every muslim has to make five prayers per day. Muslim men have should make these 5 prayers in the mosque, and muslim sisters can do them at home. But the most important thing for men and women is that every prayer should be done promptly after its time has come, and not to be delayed.

In particular, the fajr prayer is sometimes difficult for some of us, because it can be early in the morning and because we're not prepared to wake up in that time. So some people are delaying it to the late morning and that's not right.

So I searched for some advices that can help me to wake up easily to the fajr prayer, and I found globally these tips :
=======================================
1- before sleeping, the most important thing is to have a sincere will and determination to wake up to the fajr prayer in the next morning.

2- before sleeping, make dua and ask Allah to help you to wake up in the morning.

3- make wudu, say the sleeping zikr or any other zikr if you don't know the sleeping zikr. And sleep like the prophet Mohammed PBUH used to do: to sleep on your right side, to put the right hand under your head and the left hand between your legs.

4- try to sleep early, and try to not drink a lot of coffee.

5- adjust an alarm clock, and put it a little bit far from your hand so you will not stop it and continue to sleep.

6- when you wake up in the morning, turn the light on in your room : this make you get up more easily. So if you can try to put the light button near to your bed.

7- tell someone to help you to wake up.
========================================
please if you have any other tips add them.

May Allah help us to do our prayer perfectly and the way he likes.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Aslaamu alaaykum

Jazakallahu khayr for the beneficial tips bro...
May they these tips benefit our brothers and sisters, to make their Fajr Salaah InshaAllaah

Wa`Alaaaykum Salaam

Rialah
03-28-2010, 02:13 PM
In order to remember to wake for my morning prayer, I set an alarm on my mobile and one on each of the two handsets in the house.

When I have prayer, I tend to do my housework after I have settled the house down i.e clean, polish, fold the laundary, set out the clothes for the next day and so on.

Then I will usually go and have a long relaxing shower, between 12am and 2am, make my wudu, do nafilat, read my quran, do any dua and so on and mostly I am up till about 3am, after this, I go to sleep after making dua and once the first alarm goes, if I break my wudu then I go do again or try to wake, the next alarm is further away from me so when that goes, i have to get up and the next one is in the other corner of the room so I have to move to it to turn it off and groggy or not, by now I know why the phones are all ringing and I go do my wudu or go do my prayer.

The most important guidance I bear in mind although cheeky is that if I can go to the fridge in the night and stand there for 20 mins to fix a snack or hot drink then I can do 2 rakaats and then go back to rest as I have done my chores the night before or get going for the day.

I do this everyday and still rise to get my child to school, sometimes I am slowed down, but I get there in the end.

Salaat is important and it is recommended you do extra rakaats if you got distracted and lost your focus or forgot your salaat.

My child is now 5 but she is now picking up on the fundamentals and she knows to help keep the peace when I am praying and enjoys the wudu and so on.

When I was younger, my dad used to go round the house waking us all up and he had a long mat in his room where we all joined him in prayer. Similarly if at my grandma's house there was no way on earth you were going to sleep past 5.30, she would nag you out of your sleep, shouting Akim salaat, asuba asuba!!!! lol

For those who I meet who think African muslims are not quite the biscuit!!! I say, I am happy to say Thank you Daddy, thank you mummy, thank you granny and grandad, you gave us the fundamentals, you did not push us, you did not harrass us, you were very liberal, you gently guided us into associating islam and salaat with peaceful things and actions and it has stuck.

Allah help us all to remember that Islamic prayer is not a burden, it is a test of discipline, remembering to stop to praise and thank God five times a day is too little, you should be doing it all the time.

Lonely Gal
03-28-2010, 02:19 PM
" if I break my wudu then I go do again "

Sis i thort once u fall asleep no matter how long for ur wudu is no longer valid when u wake up, and must perform it again?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brotherubaid
03-28-2010, 03:51 PM
If u wana wake up for fajr , u neeeed to reduce ur sins , The same goes for Qiyyam al layal n tahajud , Im not saying u need to stop sinning , but u need to reduce ur sins , this is the most effective thing.

I think it was reported that a youth came to ibn masood( or another sahabi) and said he cannot pray fajr in congregation , so He radi Allah Anh said , Ur Sins Have Increased!

I will try to find the exact narration InshahAllah.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
You could also ask your parents or spouse to lift you out of bed in the morning if anything else wont work.
Also as mentioned before put your alarmclock like a metre of two away. So you will have to walk to put it off. Wakes u up inshallah.
They also have those alarmclocks that wake u up by lighting the room. So you will wake up thinking its morning already.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-28-2010, 05:14 PM
^wow really, i want 1..sounds fun

marwen
03-28-2010, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
They also have those alarmclocks that wake u up by lighting the room. So you will wake up thinking its morning already.
yeah .. great idea :D, i will get one if i find them in the markets.

جوري
03-28-2010, 05:40 PM
:sl:

When you sleep make the intentions and I promise you won't need an alarm clock..
every time I go to sleep asking Allah swt to wake me up for fajr, I have been awakened for fajr, try it after having made sincere intent and you'll know exactly what I mean no need for alarm clocks whatsoever.. Allah swt will send you his angels..

:w:

Misz_Muslimah
03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Jazaakalahu khayran for all the tips..

Salahudeen
03-28-2010, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

When you sleep make the intentions and I promise you won't need an alarm clock..
every time I go to sleep asking Allah swt to wake me up for fajr, I have been awakened for fajr, try it after having made sincere intent and you'll know exactly what I mean no need for alarm clocks whatsoever.. Allah swt will send you his angels..

this is so true, ur eyes jus open by themselves its weird. then u look around thinking what woke u up. then u look at the time and see it's fajar time.

Lonely Gal
03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
too right!! im always up by 5 min or more before the alarm actually goes off.. amazing..

brotherubaid
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM

By Allah this is soo true , Barak Allah feekum

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-29-2010, 07:35 AM

So true... But do really Allah SWT sends His Angels to us...?

brotherubaid
03-29-2010, 10:08 AM
could be a muslim jinn waking us up too , i heard ibn baaz say it

Rafeeq
03-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I was always praying Allah before I sleep to get up in Fajr, and I always got up before Sala. Now it became my habit. I get up in time.

جوري
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
So true... But do really Allah SWT sends His Angels to us...?
I can't think of who else it would be..

74:31.------------None knoweth the hosts of thy Lord save Him.

so maybe it is a chirping bird or whatever.. all I know is I have never made sincere intent to wake up for fajr and asked Allah swt to awaken me except that he'd awaken me.. and the days when I didn't make sincere intent and left it to chance I overslept!

Ummu Sufyaan
03-30-2010, 02:28 AM
eat in moderation and sleep in moderation. don't eat too much before sleeping, don't stay up late. if you actually go to sleep early enough, you may wake up before your alarm clock.

Rialah
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
eat in moderation and sleep in moderation. don't eat too much before sleeping, don't stay up late. if you actually go to sleep early enough, you may wake up before your alarm clock.

Hmnnn, but you see for people like me, if I don't eat well at night I cannot sleep and if I have work to do, I cannot sleep, and if I don't do the work I have then I can't sleep, so I simply do the work I have to do, shower, dua, have din bre ( that is what you eat between dinner and berakfast) or as a friend of mine once said, sister, you lay out the food like sari for ramadaan at 2am, how can you eat and I sat and ate, then, I sleep and still wake up when the alarm goes for my prayer, do you have any tips for retaining the food inside you, I am 60kg and 5'5 and I eat all the time, but I just don't grow??? lol

Rialah
03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
too right!! im always up by 5 min or more before the alarm actually goes off.. amazing..

I was a bit wary of saying that in case someone branded me a witch, but yes I do wake just before it goes off as well now, although the alarm is still helpful and well .....good for deep sleepers.

MMohammed
03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
I also leave most of my Fajr prayers(Astaghfirullah)
Allah sends Angels or not doesn't matter to us nor is it a necessity to know that.What should matter to us is that we wake up.And remember, perform wuddo while sleeping.And with pure intentions and the real will, ask Allah to help you wake up.When you wake up for Fajr Prayer, Shaitan makes you feel drowsy.And once you wake up at the right time, your brain will always wake you up at that time just like the eating routine(Its even scientifically proven).
Same advices apply to me(lol :p).
May Allah Help Us.

-Fallen Angel-
03-30-2010, 07:14 PM
One way to wake up is with an alarm clock, obviously. But since most alarm clocks are not that loud, i would do this "Click me".
It's sure to wake you up ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-30-2010, 10:07 PM
If it blasts your eardrumss ..and ruins your hearing...thats not very good...
There must be a reason for heavy sleepers tho? maybe lack of good food, erm lack of good sleep i duno lol ermm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!