/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do Muslims who go to hell have a chance to go to heaven?

Samiun
03-27-2010, 09:36 AM
:sl: I had always been confused by some of my muslim friends who talk non-sense all the time. Do they not fear Allah Aza Wajal and that Judgement Day is true? They got their pile of excuses everyday but today, I need to know the answer to this question. Do Muslims who go to hell have a chance to go into heaven?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alchemist
03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure about this.. but I heard that all Muslims will go to heaven, some Muslims will go to hell for sometime, but then they go to heaven after they had their punishment, but in the end no Muslim will be in hell for infinity...

ardianto
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
A famous Indonesian da'ee, Kyai Haji Zainuddin MZ said in one khutbah, "All Muslims will go to heaven. However, only Muslims who really saleeh go directly to heaven. And Muslims who have many sins will transit in hell. Not so long, only millions years".

Rafeeq
03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Shirk is only unforgivable, hence, who is not contaminated with Shirk should have hope that he/she will be sent to Heaven (Jannah).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alchemist
03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
But I mean who would want to risk a chance of even a minute in hell..

Samiun
03-27-2010, 12:26 PM
But in my opinion, it's really unfair.

Imagine a Muslim killing millions of people including their own brothers and sisters and doesn't actually follow the sharee'ah. Doesn't Fast,Perform Salat, Pay Zakat and go to Mekkah for the Pilgrimage even though he has a million money.

Maybe I could refer this situation to Imam Hussain who's been killed a group that has been led by Hurr(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Uthman
03-27-2010, 12:31 PM
:salamext:

A person who fails to establish the Salah is not considered a Muslim...

Salahudeen
03-27-2010, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān

I agree, but what about those who establish it on Friday's or in month of ramadhan does it still apply to them :hmm:

I heard Bilal Phillips say if a person abandons the salah entirely meaning he never establishes any prayer then he's not a Muslim.

But I heard Assim Al Hakeem say it applies to the 5 daily prayers, they had two diff opinions.

the sad thing is brother much of the ummah doesn't pray except for fridays and ramadhan imsad

majority of the ummah would be non muslim imsad I have dream to see masjid filled 5 times a day like it is on jummah day imsad

Hamza Asadullah
03-27-2010, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: I had always been confused by some of my muslim friends who talk non-sense all the time. Do they not fear Allah Aza Wajal and that Judgement Day is true? They got their pile of excuses everyday but today, I need to know the answer to this question. Do Muslims who go to hell have a chance to go into heaven?
:sl: brother this question cannot possibly be answered by anyone because ONLY Allah knows who will go Jahannam and for how long whether it is forever or for a certain perioud of time.

What we have to concentrate on is avoiding the possibility of entry into Jahannam and we have until our souls reach our throat to ask forgiveness from and seek refuge from him from Jahannam for Allah is the most merciful, most kind and compassionate and he will forgive even shirk as long as we sincerely repent before death and Allah only gives the ability to ask for forgiveness of those he wants to forgive for those people that he does'nt give the ability to repent he wants to punish them just like Phir'awn when he tried to say the kalimah but Allah filled his mouth with water before he could.

Therefore iin regards to this question you should say ONLY Allah knows best but you should remind those people of the punishments of the grave and Jahannam which are a possibility for any of us unless we change ourselves for the better and devote ourselves to fulfilling the obligations Allah has put on us.

Show them these lectures about death, the grave and Jahannam:

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 1/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX7ZQtHl0s

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 2/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_2sVGMW08

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 3/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmzA2hk1Bo

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 4/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km39GfL62TQ

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - The Journey of the Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwHEXE3-n0

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

:wa:

Muslimah4Eva x
03-27-2010, 04:58 PM
If you die as a Muslim then you will be going to Heaven, but maybe not straight away, you might go to Hell first and then Heaven :)

aadil77
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
But in my opinion, it's really unfair.

Imagine a Muslim killing millions of people including their own brothers and sisters and doesn't actually follow the sharee'ah. Doesn't Fast,Perform Salat, Pay Zakat and go to Mekkah for the Pilgrimage even though he has a million money.

Maybe I could refer this situation to Imam Hussain who's been killed a group that has been led by Hurr(Correct me if I'm wrong)
That example of a muslims is someone who is not really a muslim so I don't think he'd ever go to jannah, but if he did carry out his islamic duties but still murdered millions, if Allah did not forgive him in this dunya then he'd get punished in jahanam before going to janah.

It is fair if only you knew how severe the punishment in hell is gonna be, like others said a few minutes of punishment could feel like years and it would be a long long time before that person would eventually get out of hell.

cat eyes
03-27-2010, 06:03 PM
our ummah will be few on judgment day :cry:its the signs of the times when nobody will pray. may Allah keep our imaan intact and keep us on the straight path and protect us from looking down on others who are less fortunate in imaan Ameen. let us be thankful for what we are blessed with

Zundrah
03-27-2010, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
I'm not sure about this.. but I heard that all Muslims will go to heaven, some Muslims will go to hell for sometime, but then they go to heaven after they had their punishment, but in the end no Muslim will be in hell for infinity...
That sounds like purgatory to me. Does Islam have the same theory about a cleansing fire that the Catholic church does?

Samiun
03-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I still think it's really unfair. At least we Muslims have a "chance" to go into heaven, what about the other religion? What about them? If a Buddhist spends all his money on charity, a Christian tries to protect the Muslims and a Jew who gives land to the Muslims and a chance to survive will they all still be in hell?

Allah Knows Best

aadil77
03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zundrah
That sounds like purgatory to me. Does Islam have the same theory about a cleansing fire that the Catholic church does?
Not sure if its been specifically mentioned about some cleansing fire, each sin has its own unique punishment not just burning in hell and its no theory. ei; for backbiting you have to eat the raw flesh of the person you backbited on etc

I didn't know in purgatory you got cleansed by fire, I thought you got to chill until you'd been declared cleansed since its not part of hell, so how does being cleansed by fire fit in with 'salvation' I thought you guys can never be punished for anything

Also the actual cleansing happens after the punishment before you actually enter the gardens you'll have to go into a specific river of heaven which will remove the blackness and uglyness of sin from back and purify you, something like that anyway I'm sure someone can post up the exact hadiths explaining it in detail

Zafran
03-28-2010, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān

salaam

Not realy true -

You'll have to openly reject Islam to be classified as a non muslim - If the person thinks he still a muslim then outwardly he is even if he doesnt read salah.

peace.

islamirama
03-28-2010, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

Not realy true -

You'll have to openly reject Islam to be classified as a non muslim - If the person thinks he still a muslim then outwardly he is even if he doesnt read salah.

peace.

what's your source?

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The difference between us and them is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad);

and: “(Nothing stands) between a man and kufr and shirk, except prayer: (whoever neglects it becomes a kaafir and a mushrik).” (Reported by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh, with other similar ahaadeeth).

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2182

Zafran
03-28-2010, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

what's your source?
Salaam

As your article says that there are varied opinions about this issue - But here it is from the article you have used.

If he does not deny that it is obligatory, but he neglects it because of laziness, for example, then he is guilty of a major sin (kabeerah), but he is not considered to be beyond the pale of Islam.

we are not talking about a person who rejects the five prayers as farz but doesnt read them.

peace

Argamemnon
03-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I forgot the name of the scholar, but he was claiming that Muslims who don't do any good deeds and commit sins all their lives should not expect to enter heaven just because they believe in God and the Hereafter. This is all speculation, but why take the risk of not entering heaven.. do good deeds and stay away from big sins before you die, life is extremely short. I have known many people, young and middle-aged, male and female, who thought they had a whole life ahead of them. They all died.

Sampharo
03-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Brother Zafran, with respect what Islamirama meant by source and reference is evidence from Quran or Sunnah, not some words between quotation marks.

Islamic rulings must all be derived from Quran and Sunnah and have evidence showing them, and scholars are only researchers who studied them, authenticated the narrations, and learned the linkages, and therefore should always demonstrate such evidence when talking about rulings. That way everyone insha Allah will actually learn, not just hear sentences and then guess whether it is a correct or incorrect opinion.

This matter has degressed into whether prayer is kufr Akbar or kufr Asghar, and that is not what the subject originally was about so I'll just point out quickly a couple of pieces of information:

Minority of scholars including early Hanafi's said that whatever makes a person a kafir, surely is made a muslim again with a declaration that "There is no god but Allah..." and since the person declares it and believes in it then he is not completely out of the fold of Islam. And regarded the kufr in the hadiths (already brought by Islamirama) to be referring to kufr asghar.

The vast majority of scholars regard this though to be kufr akbar taking one out of the fold of Islam. It was also documented that the salaf (companions and tabe'in) have not agreed on anything the neglect of which was outright kufr and apostacy, EXCEPT prayer, stating unanimously that whomever doesn't pray was a non-muslim and was not buried with muslims. Also there is reference that the shariah ruling is that the judge may ask for someone claiming to be muslim but neglecting all prayers to be brought before him, and order him with his authority to pray or be declared an apostate. If the man still defiantly rejects prayer, that is when the judgement of apostacy is passed.

Whether such a person will go to Hell forever or not however is an entirely different thing, and we have no knowledge and dare not trespass upon Allah's judgement or Mercy. There are proofs in Sunnah that show people who did not pray all their lives were inspired to pray mioments before their death and we were told they went to heaven (such as the story of the two brothers). There is the companion who declared Islam and did not pray a single prayer but went out and died and was regarded a muslim and buried with muslims. So we know the ruling, but we do not pass the Hell or Paradise judgement on any specific person as we do not know what Allah will judge him by.

Now this hadith of the prophet is clear and that takes us back to the main subject:

"Whomever have said "There is no god but Allah" and has the weight of a mustard seed of faith in his heart, will leave Hellfire" (Sahih Bukhary)

The hadiths that echo the one above are in the DOZENS in both Sahih and other authenticated books of Sunnah. The established belief is that all muslims who recited the Shahada truthfully will eventually go to Paradise Allah willing. Some muslims will go to heaven without account or reckoning. Some will go to paradise after reckoning of their sins and being forgiven. Some will reside in Hell for a while until the intercession of the prophet -s.a.a.w.- relieves them out of Hellfire or the mercy of Allah catches up to them.

"Allah does not forgive that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgives anything else, to whom He pleases; to set up partners with Allah is indeed to devise a sin Most heinous." [4:48]

We do not go further than this and start pointing fingers at who will make or who wouldn't, as this is the realm of Allah's mercy and judgement.

For those who are confused like brother Nabiel about the fairness in this, you need to learn about three things:

1- 3- Allah's name is "Al-AAdl" meaning The Just. We understand your thoughts brother Nabiel that you had, however you need to guard yourself against such thoughts and statements and learn that objections of this type are objections against Allah's rulings and a challenge to his justice, which is clearly blasphemy. Before anyone can appoint themselves as a critic of what is and is not fair, remember also that you yourself as a human have sins and would hope and pray that they are forgiven.

2- Ask yourself that: You are right to think that someone who commited crimes should be punished for them, but why would you think it is also fair that a disbeliever who rejected Allah altogether should be equated with a person who believed and accepted Allah? The verses in the Quran that describe those who go to paradise are ALWAYS starting with: "Those who believe and hold their prayers...". Any budhist or hindu like you are suggesting who does good deeds, does it for their own reasons and not for Allah and therefore have no right to ask Allah's reward specially after receiving the Quran and the messages and rejecting them. They may ask for their paradise from whatever it is they were worshipping. A muslim, no matter how bad, is still a believer in Allah, and that is the fundamental portion of our religion before being kind to others or doing the good deeds.

3- What makes you think that spending thousands (if not millions or longer) of years in hellfire suffering constant pains and torture worse than death every single moment of every hour of every day of those long thousands of years, is going to be a breeze? Would you dare three days? A lifetime equivelent to this one? Two lifetimes? Would you actually stand being next to them hearing their screaming? Additionally, when they leave Hellfire, they will enter the lower levels of paradise and reside there, while the muslims who went directly will be in the higher levels and will be rewarded as per their strength of faith and their efforts and deeds.

May Allah guard us against even the sight of Hell.

جوري
03-28-2010, 05:49 PM
:sl:

that is very interesting sampharo
now let me pose a question about the people during the end of time who will know nothing of religion save that their ancestors used to say Allah, or ash'had an la illah illa Allah and that would be sufficient to get them into heaven. I can't cite these ahadith now but it was in the ibn kathir signs of the end of the world book..

how does that reconcile with this or does that only apply to these people subsequent to the lifting of the Quran from this earth?

:w:

Sampharo
03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
The lifting of the Quran is mentioned in a hadith narrated by Abdullah ibn Masood when he told the companions: "This quran that is between your backs is about to be removed." when they asked "How?.. when we memorized it in our hearts and it is written in our mushafs?", he answered "There will come a night and it will be removed from the chests and deleted from the paper, and the people will be lacking for it" then he recited "And if it is our Will, We will remove the inspiration that we sent you" [17:86]

روى ابن أبي شيبة في مصنفه وغيره عن عبد الله بن مسعود قال: إن هذا القرآن الذي بين أظهركم يوشك أن ينزع منكم، فقيل له: كيف ينزع منا وقد أثبته الله في قلوبنا وأثبتناه في مصاحفنا؟ قال: يسري عليه في ليلة فينزع ما في القلوب ويذهب بما في المصاحف ويصبح الناس منه فقراء، ثم قرأ قول الله تعالى: وَلَئِنْ شِئْنَا لَنَذْهَبَنَّ بِالَّذِي أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ{الإسراء: 86}.

This incident as researched by the scholars is mentioned to be after the second coming of Jesus -a.s.- and the years of peace and faith, and it will be part of the major signs of Judgement day.

As for the time when people have nothing left for them of Islam, it is a hadith by Huthaifa that he said: "There will come a time when people have nothing left of Islam except for La Elaha Ella Allah", others said"what good will that do?", he replied "It will save them from Hellfire,...":

روي عن حذيفة أنه قال: يأتي على الناس زمان لا يبقى معهم من الإسلام إلا قول لا إله إلا الله. فقيل له: وما ينفعهم؟ قال: تنجيهم من النار، لا أبا لك.

I don't know if the two times are the same or if they are unrelated.

Anyway, the statement of the response of Huthaifa is "Save them from Hellfire", which may indicate both being saved from going to Hellfire, or going to Hellfire and then being saved from it. This situation however was expressed under the context that there will be no knowledge of the requirement nor the method of prayer or anything else of Islam save for the statement and belief of Allah, and that brings us to the situation just mentioned in the other thread about people who don't receive the message truly and correctly are not held accountable and are not sent to Hellfire: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...-everyone.html

Whether or not that is the same time that Quran is lifted at the end of times is not confirmed, and of course we still don't know how Allah will judge them individually. But if someone does not receive the message through no fault of their own because of place or in this case the condition of the times, the ruling that we have learned from the salaf is that they are not accountable.

Allah knows best.

brotherubaid
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
barak Allah feek akhee sampharo may Alah increase u in knowledge

Its sad but yes a lot of muslims will eventually go to hell first or fire , and will then come out of it and go to heaven , some who seem muslim here might even end up there for eternity , a person who for example think Allah is Ali and Ali is Allah to him islam does not benefit at all , also others who commit major shirk they shoudl be very scared. And what i said above i can show u a video of a banner on which that sentecne is written , its on the shrine of laal shabaz qalandar in pakistan , this is major major shirk , even worst than the shirk of the kuffar of makkah.

Yes the Mushrik of today is WAY worst than the mushrik of that time , Only coz he utter la illaha illa lah does not benefit him at all

Read the Book Al qawaid al Arbaa , The four fundamentals here si a link
http://www.islamicboard.com/tawheed-...ul-wahhab.html

But any way back to the discussion

It is confirmed that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The Jews split into seventy-one sects; one will be in Paradise (i.e., those who followed Moses) and seventy will be in the Fire. The Christians split into seventy-two sects; seventy-one will be in the Fire and one will be in Paradise (i.e., those who followed Jesus). And by the One in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, this Ummah (nation) of mine will split into seventy-three sects; one will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire. It was asked, "Who are they, O Messenger of Allah?" He (peace be upon him) said, "Al-Jamaýah (i.e., the group which adheres steadfastly to the way of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and his Companions)." And in another narration: "(Those who follow) what I and my Companions are following."

So if u look at it , a great number of people will go to fire and only one sect will go to paradise , and as it is knwo that that sect would be like strangers , ghurabaa to others , so it further shows how less they will be.

So one should hold on to quran n sunnah n sound aqeedah

This is the Most detailed answer i got in the issue being discussed in this thread

Praise be to Allaah.

Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah believe that some of the Muslims will enter Paradise without being brought to account or being punished, and some of them will enter Paradise after being brought to account, and some will enter Paradise after being punished in Hell as Allaah wills, then He will bring them forth from it.

The fact that these people are brought forth from Hell then admitted to Paradise will not cause them any sorrow or distress in Paradise, because Paradise is the abode of delight, and they will have whatever the other people of Paradise will have, as mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

There is nothing in the evidence to suggest that these people will feel any kind of regret after entering Paradise due to the punishment that they experienced in Hell.

But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us about how these people will be after they are brought forth from Hell. That includes the following:

1 – They will be thrown into the River of Life, and will grow anew.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will say: ‘Whoever had a mustard-seed’s weight of faith in his heart, bring him out.’ So they will bring him out, and they will come out like burned skeletons, and they will turn into charcoal. They will be thrown into the River of Life, then they will grow like seeds growing in the silt left by a flood.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you not see how they emerge yellow and curved?”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6192) and Muslim (184).

2 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that they will change after they are brought forth from the Fire.

It was narrated from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said of the Jahannamiyyoon (those who had been in Hell) that they “would be brought forth from the Fire after having been in it. They will come out as if they are branches of sesame. Then they will go into one of the rivers of Paradise, where they will wash themselves, then they will emerge like sheets of paper.”

Narrated by Muslim (191).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The word sesame refers to the well-known sesame from which sesame oil is extracted. Imam Abu’l-Sa’aadaat al-Mubaarak ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Jazari, who is known as Ibn al-Atheer (may Allaah have mercy on him), said: What it means – and Allaah knows best – is that if the branches of sesame are gathered and left in the sun so that their seeds may be collected, they turn thin and black as if they have been burned, so these people are likened to them.

“then they will emerge like sheets of paper” They are likened to sheets of paper because they will be so white after they wash themselves and all the blackness that was on them is removed.

Sharh Muslim (3/52).

According to a report narrated by al-Bukhaari (6190):

It was narrated from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “They will emerge from the Fire through intercession as if they are small cucumbers.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to small cucumbers … What is meant is something that is white and small.

Note:

This likeness refers to how they will be after they grow. But when they first emerge from Hell they will be like charcoal as we shall see in the hadeeth below.

Fath al-Baari (11/429).

3 – They will become like pearls, and Allaah will bestow His good pleasure upon them, and He will never be angry with them.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will say: ‘The angels have interceded, the Prophets have interceded and there is no one left but the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.’ Then He will take a handful from Hell, and will bring out people who never did any good and who will have turned into charcoal. He will throw them into a river on the outskirts of Paradise that is called the River of Life, and they will emerge like seeds in the silt carried by a flood. … They will emerge like pearls with jewels around their necks, and the people of Paradise will recognize them. These are the ones ransomed by Allaah, whom Allaah admitted to Paradise with no good deed that they did or sent on ahead. Then He will say: ‘Enter Paradise, and whatever you see is yours.’ They will say: ‘Our Lord, You have given us what You have never given to anyone else in creation.’ He will say: ‘You will have something better than that with Me.’ They will say, ‘O Lord, what could be better than this?’ He will say, ‘My good pleasure, for I will never be angry with you again.’”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7002) and Muslim (183).

This is an important hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) points out the great status of those who are brought forth from Hell, and the honours that their Lord will bestow upon them by His grace and bounty, which include:

(a) Being thrown in the River of Life, and growing anew.

(b) Emerging from the river like pearls with jewels around their necks

(c) Being given everything that they see in Paradise.

(d) Their thinking, because of the blessings and the ultimate joy they experience, that Allaah has honoured them with something that He has not bestowed upon anyone else.

(e) He will bestow His pleasure upon them and never be angry with them again.

The honour that Allaah will bestow upon these people who enter Paradise is confirmed in the following hadeeth:

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I know the last of the people of Hell to be brought forth, and the last of the people of Paradise to enter therein. It will be a man who will emerge crawling from Hell, and Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, will say to him: ‘Go and enter Paradise.’ He will come to it and it will appear to him to be full. He will go back and say, ‘O Lord, I found it full.’ Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, will say to him: ‘Go and enter Paradise.’ He will go to it and it will appear to him to be full. He will go back and say, ‘O Lord, I found it full.’ Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, will say to him: ‘Go and enter Paradise, and you will have the equivalent of the whole world and ten times as much.’ He will say, ‘Are You mocking me – or laughing at me – when You are the Sovereign?’” He said: And I saw the Messenger of Allaah (S) smile so broadly that his molars appeared. And he said: “That will be the lowest of the people of Paradise in status.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6202) and Muslim (186).

4 – They will be known as al-Jahannamiyyoon (the hellish ones) or “ ‘utaqa’ al-Jabbaar” (those ransomed by the Compeller, i.e., Allaah), then this name will be lifted from them.

The name al-Jahannamiyyoon is the plural of jahannami, i.e., hellish (of or pertaining to Hell), What is meant is that Allaah has ransomed them from Hell.

It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Some people will be brought forth from the Fire after its flames touch them (and change their colour), then they will be admitted to Paradise, and the people of Paradise will call them al-Jahannamiyyoon.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6191).

Ahmad (12060) narrated from Anas: “… they will enter Paradise and the people of Paradise will say: These are al-Jahannamiyyoon.” But al-Jabbaar (the Compeller – Allaah) will say: ‘No, rather they are the ones ransomed by al-Jabbaar, may He be glorified and exalted.’”

Classed as saheeh by Ibn Mandah in al-Eemaan (2/847); Ibn Khuzaymah (2/710) and al-Albaani in Hukm Taarik al-Salaah (p. 33).

Ibn Hibbaan narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri: “… In Paradise they will be called al-Jahannamiyyoon, because of the blackness on their faces, and they will say: ‘Our Lord, take this name away from us.’ So He will command them to wash themselves in a river in Paradise and will take that away from them.”

Narrated and classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan (16/457). It was also classed as saheeh by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us that one dip in Paradise will cause the Muslim to forget all hardship that he faced in this world, so how about if Paradise is to be his eternal abode? It is not farfetched to assume that this also includes the hardship that the Muslim faced when he was in Hell.

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most affluent of the people in this world, of those who will go to Hell, will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and dipped once in the Fire. Then it will be said: O son of Adam, did you ever see anything good? Did you ever have any pleasure? He will say: No, by Allaah, O Lord. Then the most destitute of the people in this world, of those who will enter Paradise, will be brought and dipped once in Paradise, and it will be said to him: O son of Adam, did you ever see anything bad? Did you ever experience any hardship? He will say: No, by Allaah, O Lord. I never saw anything bad and I never experienced any hardship.”

Narrated by Muslim (2807)

Another indication that one dip in the bliss of Paradise will take away all hardship that came before it, even the hardship of being punished in Hell, in addition to what we have mentioned of their forms being changed after they are thrown into the River of Life, is the report narrated by Muslim (2836) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “Whoever enters Paradise will enjoy bliss and will not be miserable, his clothes will not wear out and his youth will not fade.”

This blessing confirms that misery will be erased for the one who enters Paradise, and it is general in meaning and includes everyone who enters it, whether they entered Hell beforehand or not.

Al-Qaadi said: What this means is that Paradise is the abode of stability and blessing which will not change or be disturbed by any hardship or corruption. Quoted in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi (7/194).

For all of these reasons, Allaah tells us about the condition of the people of Paradise when they enter it:

“And they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah Who has removed from us (all) grief. Verily, our Lord is indeed Oft‑Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (good deeds and to recompense).

35. Who, out of His Grace, has lodged us in a home that will last forever, where toil will touch us not nor weariness will touch us’”

[Faatir 35:34-35]

Shaykh al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: i.e., the home of eternal abode, the home where one will want to stay forever, because of the many good things therein, and because of the ongoing delight and because there is nothing to disturb this pleasure.

That is “out of His Grace” towards us and His Bounty, not because of our deeds. Were it not for His Grace, we would not have reached the point we have reached.

“where toil will touch us not nor weariness will touch us” i.e., there will be no tiredness in body, heart or strength, or because of an abundance of pleasures. This indicates that Allaah will make their bodies physically perfect and will create all means of making their abode there one of continuous delight and pleasure, so that they will not be touched by toil or weariness, or by worry or sorrow.

Tafseer al-Sa’di (689).

And Allaah knows best.

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/96531/jahanam

Zafran
03-29-2010, 03:03 AM
Sampharo Your missing the point - The article on Islam QA shows that a person commits kufr if he rejects the Obligatory prays (5 prays) However is still in the fold of Islam if he does not pray but still believes that salah is obligatory - The article itself even after Quoting the hadiths does not apply them to the person who does not read salah but believes it to be Fard. It concludes

The majority of scholars said that if a person denies that prayer is obligatory, he is a kaafir and an apostate from the religion of Islam. The ruling concerning such a person is as described above. If he does not deny that it is obligatory, but he neglects it because of laziness, for example, then he is guilty of a major sin (kabeerah), but he is not considered to be beyond the pale of Islam.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2182

You see GUILTY OF MAJOR SIN not Kufr.

By the way I Know what Quran and sunnah means - But the a hadith does not make a fatwa by itslef thats done By a scholar or on this issue consensus - as shown in the article - I quoted the fatwa although I have no idea waht fiqh Islam QA uses?

Sampharo
03-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Zafran, it is good now that you are quoting the article and bringing the source, that way you are backing up the opinion from a knowledgable source.

Yes it is required to be a scholar to explain hadiths, but you are incorrect if you believe that a hadith alone should not be used. As a matter of fact for three generations of the prophet and after muslims ONLY wrote sunnah and not opinions. Imam Ahmed was asked about it and he said to only write the Sunnah and hadith and nothing more. When I explained for you Islamirama's statement, I was doing just that, explaining that when a source is asked, it means to bring the evidence quoting the scholarly article that contains the referring evidence, or bring the hadith directly. If you personally feel you are not up to understanding hadiths directly, it doesn't mean that others also are not up to it.

Secondly, what you quoted shows that you are misunderstanding over the translation and back-translation and formed the wrong opinion, and equally misunderstood our point.

The article you mentioned in Arabic translated into English "neglect" as in failing to fulfill prayers, and went further to explain by saying (out of laziness). It means that the person fails to pray. I said very clearly the two opinions regarding neglect as in total abandonment and refusal to pray. I even showed the Shariah ruling taken from the salaf times and specifically said "all the prayers". Neglect "abandonment" of prayer is rejection of it, meaning not Ramadan and not Jumaa and not even responding to it if asked to do it, signifying belief that prayer is not necessary. That is Kufr Akbar and the hadith that is authenticated and regarded by majority of scholars as basis was quoted by Islamirama: "Difference between the believer and kafir, is abandonment of prayer". That is the established belief of the companions and scholars, just like Abu Bakr -r.a.- launched a war against those who didn't pay Zakaat (even though they didn't pronounce it non-obligatory in religion), but simply said they won't pay it even when asked, so he called them apostates and the companions fought them.

Neglect as in expressed in the article you quoted was meant to express mere "failure to pray properly". Linguistically the translator was going for "neglecting duties" like some people pray the Jumaa, pray in Ramadan, or pray if they are reminded and otherwise lose most of their prayers. These are lazy and Islamically regarded as grand sinners, but they are not rejecting prayers or regarding it as not required. That situation is as the article you mentioned explained.

As for Islam QA it is a most reliable website, quoting reliable knowledgable scholars. Just be aware that some things can be lost in translation, or you might assume things from what you read that are inaccurate because of background.

Here is an extract, again from islamqa.com, to maintain the sourcing and hope that it explains to you what was misunderstood:

How can a person still be Muslim if he reaches the point of being executed and still insists on not praying?
Dear Shaykh May Allaah increase you in good, the issue of the hukm on the one abandoning the salah has differences of opinions amongst the people of truth. After reading your fatawa and knowing the opinions of the salaf like the well known view of Imaam Ahmad (ra), what seems to be the truth based upon evidences is that abandoning the salah is Kufr which takes one outside the fold of Islaam. However in the opposing argument there is something I do not understand, Imaaam Shafiee and Imaam Malik (ra) and others said, 'To be killed but not kaafir', so he would be buried amongst the muslims. But if a person had to be killed for abandoning the salah having been given chance to repent how can he still be a muslim? He has prefered death over praying so by necessity must be a Kaafir. Please explain.
JazakAllaahu Khairan

Praise be to Allaah.
This is a very good question, but those who say that such a person is not a kaafir do not have a good answer. Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) noted that this confusion arose among the later fuqahaa’, because this was not known among the Sahaabah, may Allaah have mercy on them. As the questioner says, it is not possible that a person who is threatened with execution for not praying would choose death over prayer if there was even an atom’s weight of Islam in his heart. This confusion does not arise if we say that the one who does not pray is a kaafir. If we read what Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said about this matter, this will dispel any confusion. He (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
In the case of one who believes that prayer is obligatory yet still persists in not praying, the fuqahaa’ who have studied the matter in detail mentioned a number of points:
The first of them is this point, which was stated by the majority of them, Maalik, Al-Shaafa’i and Ahmad: if a person persists until he is killed, is he killed as a kaafir and an apostate, or as a sinful Muslim like other sinful Muslims, as stated in the two well-known views reported from Ahmad? Such detailed discussion was not reported from the Sahaabah, and is excessive and futile.
If the person believes in his heart that prayer is obligatory, this will not allow him to persist in not doing it until he is executed. Such a thing is not known among the sons of Adam, and has never happened in Islam. It is unheard of for a person to believe that it is obligatory and to be told, “If you do not pray we will execute you” and then to persist in not doing it even though he believes it is obligatory. This has never happened in Islam.
When a person refrains from praying until he is executed, he does not really believe in his heart that it is obligatory and was not doing it, so he is a kaafir, according to the consensus of the Muslims, as it was stated in many reports that the Sahaabah would consider such a person to be a kaafir. This is also indicated by the saheeh texts, such as the ahadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):
“Nothing stands between a person and Kufr except his giving up prayer” (narrated by Muslim).
“The covenant that separates us from them is prayer, and whoever gives up prayer has become a kaafir.”
‘Abd-Allaah ibn Shaqeeq said: “The companions of Muhammad did not think that giving up any deed would make a person a kaafir – apart from giving up prayer.”
Whoever persists in not praying and never prostrated to Allaah at all until he dies, can never be a Muslim who believes that prayer is obligatory. Believing that it is obligatory and that the person who does not do it deserves to be executed is sufficient motive to make a person do it, for if a person has the motive and ability to do something, it should be done. If he is able to do it but he never does it, this indicates that the motive is not present in his case.

(Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/47-49)
Please also refer to Question #2182
And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/6035

This following answer now from islamqa.com clearly shows the direct opinion that whomever "neglects" as in abandons prayer completely, is a kafir, and differentiates that from those who "neglect" as in out of laziness fail to pray most of their prayers (I bolded the part of the person who abandons prayers, and underlined the one who fails to pray.):

Ruling on one who neglects prayer
The saheeh ahaadeeth state clearly that the one who neglects prayer is a kaafir. If we take the hadeeth at face value, it appears that we are obliged to deprive the person who neglects prayer deliberately of all his rights of inheritance, a separate cemetery should be allocated for such people, and we cannot pray for them or greet them with salaam, because there is no greeting of peace for a kaafir. Let us not forget that if we were to calculate the number of men, believers and non-believers alike, who pray, we will find it is only 6%, and among women the number is even less. What does Islam have to say about this? What is the ruling about giving or returning the greeting of salaam to one who neglects prayer?

Praise be to Allaah.
The scholars have differed concerning the Muslim who deliberately neglects salaah without denying that it is obligatory. Some of them say that he is definitely a kaafir who has gone beyond the pale of Islam. He is considered to be a murtadd (apostate) who is to be given three days to repent – if he does not, he is to be executed for his apostasy. The funeral prayer will not be recited over him, and he will not be buried in the Muslim graveyard. The greeting of salaam is not to be given to him, in life or in death, and his greeting is not to be returned; prayers for forgiveness and mercy for him cannot be offered; he cannot inherit, neither can his wealth be inherited, instead it is to be given to the Muslim treasury (bayt al-maal). This ruling applies whether the number of people who are neglecting their prayers are many or a few.
This opinion is the soundest and most correct, because of the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The difference between us and them is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad); and: “(Nothing stands) between a man and kufr and shirk, except prayer: (whoever neglects it becomes a kaafir and a mushrik).” (Reported by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh, with other similar ahaadeeth).
The majority of scholars said that if a person denies that prayer is obligatory, he is a kaafir and an apostate from the religion of Islam. The ruling concerning such a person is as described above. If he does not deny that it is obligatory, but he neglects it because of laziness, for example, then he is guilty of a major sin (kabeerah), but he is not considered to be beyond the pale of Islam. He should be given three days in which to repent. If he does, then al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allaah); if he does not, then he should be executed, but this is a punishment, not because he became a kaafir. In this case, he should be washed (ghusl, after death) and wrapped in a shroud (kafn). The funeral prayer should be offered for him, prayers can be offered for forgiveness and mercy for him, and he should be buried in the Muslim graveyard. He can inherit and be inherited from. In general, all the rules concerning Muslims who are sinners apply to him, in life and in death.

(From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/49)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2182

Allahu AAAlam in all cases and hope this clarified the confusion.

Getoffmyback
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
what about the jin that will ask some questions when we r buried ? so he will ask the muslims who is your god...so for sure all muslims will say allah ? i mean even if a muslim was an unbeliever during the physical life he will definitely say my god is allah if he sees a jinn in his coffin asking him questions like that?

Ramadhan
03-29-2010, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
what about the jin that will ask some questions when we r buried ? so he will ask the muslims who is your god...so for sure all muslims will say allah ? i mean even if a muslim was an unbeliever during the physical life he will definitely say my god is allah if he sees a jinn in his coffin asking him questions like that?
First off, it will be malaikahs (angels), and NOT jinn who will be asking questions right after we are buried.

Second, the answers that we are going to give are the essence of our whole life. Disbelievers who throughout their life rejected Allah SWT would not be able to give the right answers. Their answers reflect their belief when they were alive.

Getoffmyback
03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok yesterday i told a christian british woman to say the shahadah . So after she said it i told her now you are muslim. i wanted to do something good for her by making her say the shahadah . So where is she standing now ? She doesn't believe in any religion, she is not an atheist . Just away from it all.

yahia12
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
No one knows wether we end up in hell or paradise only God knows best. But i am pretty sure that many would like to have a second chance after being in hell to end up in paradise. dont you?

Zafran
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
salaam

Personally I dont use Islam QA - It doesnt realy explain alot eg - what Fiqh are the using?

Yes it is required to be a scholar to explain hadiths, but you are incorrect if you believe that a hadith alone should not be used. As a matter of fact for three generations of the prophet and after muslims ONLY wrote sunnah and not opinions. Imam Ahmed was asked about it and he said to only write the Sunnah and hadith and nothing more. When I explained for you Islamirama's statement, I was doing just that, explaining that when a source is asked, it means to bring the evidence quoting the scholarly article that contains the referring evidence, or bring the hadith directly. If you personally feel you are not up to understanding hadiths directly, it doesn't mean that others also are not up to it.
I think I may have misunderstood the Issue.

Secondly, what you quoted shows that you are misunderstanding over the translation and back-translation and formed the wrong opinion, and equally misunderstood our point
I always thought a qualifuied Mujthaid/Muhaddith could talk about Hadith who had Ijazh from qualified teachers - mostly linked to a school of thought. Laymens who are not qualified have to follow the fatwa of the scholar. We can see the hadith but wahts the fiqh behind it - whats the fiqh that Islam QA is using?

cat eyes
03-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I Have to agree with brother zafran on this. your better off going directly to a mufti and asking him about detailed rules governing obligations and other actions carried out by muslims. islam qa dose not explain all this its true. us muslims just make our own mind up about it and believe what we want to

Sampharo
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

Personally I dont use Islam QA - It doesnt realy explain alot eg - what Fiqh are the using?
Islam QA relies upon fatwas from the most knowledgable sheikhs of Arabia including Sheikh Ibn Uthaiman, Sheikh Ibn Baz etc., and is supervised by SHeikh Al-Munajjid. It follows the fiqh of Ahlu Sunnah wal-JamaaAAa properly and draws upon the opinions of all four madhabs as well as outside the madhabs.

I always thought a qualifuied Mujthaid/Muhaddith could talk about Hadith who had Ijazh from qualified teachers - mostly linked to a school of thought. Laymens who are not qualified have to follow the fatwa of the scholar. We can see the hadith but wahts the fiqh behind it - whats the fiqh that Islam QA is using?
Brother, that is to have learned the science of Hadith, narration strength and authentication, meanings of morsal and marfoo and naturally learn by heart a large number of those hadiths. You don't need an ijazah to understand what the prophet means when he says "A woman in Ihram must not wear Niqab nor gloves". You just need to know that scholars of hadith have authenticated it. The prophet -s.a.a.w.- did not come to us to speak with secret complex code, he spoke in plain language to teach us our religion.

Please remember that a "fatwa" literally means "Consult". It is an advice from someone with greater reliable knowledge and more in depth research given to those who need it and are not dedicated. It does not mean you can't know things or learn on your own. Just like in business you can always hire and listen to business consultants in order to be successful, but it is not like you are not allowed to learn the basics of running a business on your own.

If you are a layman and having difficulties with Arabic or principals of Fiqh then yes of course you should always use a scholar for any Islamic knowledge about worship and rulings. What we however were referring to brother Zafran is that you always need evidence. Whether you are listening to a scholar you don't know, or a scholar who is high and trustworthy, whether you are reading it in a book, or found it on a board, Islamic knowledge and scholarly opinion always needs to show the evidence and reference from Quran and Sunnah. Better still, it should show multiple opinions and their references and evidence and then tells which is the stronger one with more reliable proof. So when you told us the opinion and we referred to evidence, you brought only a personal quotation. That is first of all unreliable because it could be a person of a deviant group or someone speaking out of personal desires and whims, and second does not benefit nor add to people's knowledge.

So in the future even if you are asking a mufti, seek to learn the evidence. Otherwise you will simply be confused if you hear from a friend for example that another mufti disagrees and you will not have learned any basis as to which one stands to be closer to the truth.

brotherubaid
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
brothers , Kufr or not kufr , there is a slight diffence of opinion , but lets not go Fatwa-shopping to find the opinion that suits us , rather for the sake of Alah lets examine all the aspects.

BUT before that

Why NOT PRAY??

So lets assume for one second that its not kufr, So is it alright not to pray it , will u even agree that its fardh than or u will deny that its not fardh / obligatory , and well if it was obligatory than why would one not pray , LAZINESSS , Allahul mustaan , so one leaves off all salahs due to laziness and prays fridays n eid n heer n there , Is such a person not ashamed

Do u know about the last days of the Prophet sala alhu alihi wa sallam??

Do u know how much pain He sala lahu alihi wa sallam was in? Do u know WHY he ordered Abu bakr radi Allah anhu to lead , well just in case u didnt know He sala lahu alihi wa salam inquired if the people had prayed and he was told no they are waiting for you , so he asked for water to be brought and made wudu and tried to get up , but due to the pain and sickenss he fainted! He came back to conscience again FIRST thing He sala lahu alihi wa sallam inquired, have the people prayed? It was told to him sala lahu alihi wa sallam that No oh messsenger of Allah they are waiting for you to come out and lead them , he asked for water to be brought and made wudu again and tried to get up but due to the pain and suffering He fainted again!!! This happened three times and then He ordered Abu bakr to lead and He still came out to join them in prayer.

So the Prophet sala lahu alihi wa salam , The BEST of man kind to ever walk this earth , He prayed even in these circumstances , Read about the death of the Prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam and while u are at it also read about the death of abu bark n umer and uthmaan n ali and other sahaba n great imams and see how they used to treat salah and what were their last actions before the died.

How can some one just leave salah ?? How? its beyond me,

And just so u knwo the opinion of the one who leaves the salah being a kafir is a strong opinion , but even if lets assume the one who does not pray is not kafir , Still WHY NOT PRAY?

Has Allah not blessed us with uncountable blessings , health n all , why not pray , please dont tell me ur soo busy coz Allah says , I have not created humans n jinns except that they worship me , This was the main aim of life and now its the last thing on our mind , when friday comes around we go to masjid n pray n rest of the week we are RAM CHANDAR AND LALU PRASAD!!

Its disgusting to see people leave saah, so okay lets assuem its not kufr , Its still a very BIG SIN , ... Now imagine standing infront of Alllah , with that sin on your shoulders , while u could have avoided it but ohhh u were just too lazy to pray 2 rakat in morning 4 in dhur 4 at asr 3 at maghrib n 4 at ishaaaa!!!

i mean how lazy have we got? and we wonder why the Ummah is being humilated all over the world ?

We are always ready to go out for demonstrations , n Bombard forums with threads n posts about all sort of issues , and Talk about the rulers while we cannot pray 2 rakats of fajr ???

I just canot understand anymore man , its jst beyond me.

WANA TAKE THIS RISK?? HUH?

(Remember) the Day when the Shin[] shall be laid bare (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) and they shall be called to prostrate (to Allâh), but they shall not be able to do so,

43. Their eyes will be cast down, ignominy will cover them; they used to be called to prostrate (offer prayers), while they were healthy and good (in the life of the world, but they did not).

44. Then leave Me Alone with such as belie this Qur'ân. We shall punish them gradually from directions they perceive not.

45. And I will grant them a respite. Verily, My Plan is strong. SURAH AL QALAM

The Day when the Shin shall be laid bare and they shall be called to prostrate themselves, but they shall not be able to do so.) meaning, the Day of Judgement and the horrors, earthquakes, trials, tests and great matters that will occur during it. Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri said that he heard the Prophet saying,

(Our Lord will reveal His Shin, and every believing male and female will prostrate to Him. The only people who will remain standing are those who prostrated in the worldly life only to be seen and heard (showing off)[This is for the ones who DID pray, so HOW about those who did not?]. This type of person will try to prostrate at that time, but his back will made to be one stiff plate (the bone will not bend or flex).)'' This Hadith was recorded in the Two Sahihs and other books from different routes of transmission with various wordings. It is a long Hadith that is very popular. Concerning Allah's statement,

(Their eyes will be cast down and ignominy will cover them;) means, in the final abode, due to their crimes and arrogance in the worldly life. Thus they will be punished with the opposite of what they did. When they were called to prostrate in the worldly life, they refused to do so even though they were healthy and secure. Therefore, they will be punished with the lack of ability to do so in the Hereafter. When the Almighty Lord makes Himself visible (before the believers), then the believers will fall down in prostration to Him, but no one of the disbelievers and hypocrites will be able to prostrate. rather, their backs will become one plate. Everytime one of them attempts to prostrate, he will bow his neck but will not be able to prostrate. This is just like in the life of this world, when these people were in opposition to what the believers were doing.

Well let me tell yall some thing , i know our hearts are hard and may be it wont even affect us even a little bit , but i will say it any way

Do U knwo whats the thing that made the Prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam SMILE on his last day with us, the day he sala lahu alihi wa sallam passed away? Do u know how much pain He was in ? How much he was suffering and how sick he was , but still He saw something that made him smile......

The Last Day Alive:

In a narration by Anas bin Malik, he said: "While the Muslims were performing the dawn prayer on Monday — led by Abu Bakr, they were surprised to see the Messenger of Allâh raising the curtain of ‘Aishah’s room. He looked at them while they were praying aligned properly and smiled cheerfully. Seeing him, Abu Bakr withdrew to join the lines and give way to him to lead the prayer. For he thought that the Prophet wanted to go out and pray." Anas said: "The Muslims, who were praying, were so delighted that they were almost too enraptured at their prayers. The Messenger of Allâh made them a gesture to continue their prayer, went into the room and drew down the curtain."

The Messenger of Allâh did not live for the next prayer time.

Allahul Mustaan , Allahul mstaan , Allahul mustaan ya Ummat Muhammad!!

Here read these threads for the detail of the last days of the Prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam and his death

http://www.islamicboard.com/seerah/1...aws-death.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/seerah/1...phet-pbuh.html

brotherubaid
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Ibn Uthaimeem clears the issue, very detailed

Question: If you do not pray salat out of laziness on purpose, are you a kafir or just a bad Muslim? Please answer.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Imaam Ahmad said that the one who does not pray because of laziness is a kaafir. This is the more correct view and is that indicated by the evidence of the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger, and by the words of the Salaf and the proper understanding. (Al-Sharh al-Mumti’ ‘ala Zaad al-Mustanqi’, 2/26).

Anyone who examines the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah will see that they indicate that the one who neglects the prayer is guilty of Kufr Akbar (major kufr) which puts him beyond the pale of Islam.

Among the evidence to be found in the Qur’aan is:

The aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“But if they repent [by rejecting Shirk (polytheism) and accept Islamic Monotheism], perform As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat) and give Zakaat, then they are your brethren in religion.” [al-Tawbah 9:11]

The evidence derived from this aayah is that Allaah defined three things that the Mushrikeen have to do in order to eliminate the differences between them us: they should repent from shirk, they should perform prayer, and they should pay zakaah. If they repent from shirk but they do not perform the prayer or pay zakaah, then they are not our brethren in faith; if they perform the prayer but do not pay zakaah, then they are not our brethren in faith.

Brotherhood in religion cannot be effaced except when a person goes out of the religion completely; it cannot be effaced by fisq (immoral conduct) or lesser types of kufr.

Allaah also says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salaat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of Allaah and His Messenger Muhammad), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught.” [Maryam 19:59-60]

The evidence derived from this aayah is that Allaah referred to those who neglect the prayer and follow their desires, Except those who repent and believe, which indicates that at the time when they are neglecting their prayers and following their desires, they are not believers.

The evidence of the Sunnah that proves that the one who neglects the prayer is a kaafir includes the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):

“Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his neglect of the prayer.” (Narrated by Muslim in Kitaab al-Eemaan from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)).

It was narrated that Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is the prayer, and whoever neglects it has disbelieved (become a kaafir).’” (It was narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

What is meant here by kufr or disbelief is the kind of kufr which puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made prayer the dividing line between the believers and the disbelievers. It is known that the community of kufr is not the same as the community of Islam, so whoever does not fulfil this covenant must be one of the kaafireen (disbelievers).

There is also the hadeeth of ‘Awf ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of your leaders are those whom you love and who love you, who pray for you and you pray for them. The worst of your leaders are those whom you hate and who hate you, and you send curses on them and they send curses on you.” He was asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, should we not fight them by the sword?” He said, “Not as long as they are establishing prayer amongst you.”

This hadeeth indicates that those in authority should be opposed and fought if they do not establish prayer, but it is not permissible to oppose and fight them unless they make a blatant show of kufr and we have evidence from Allaah that what they are doing is indeed kufr.

‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit said:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called us and we gave bay’ah (oath of allegiance) to him. Among the things that we pledged to do was to listen and obey him both when we felt enthusiastic and when we were disinclined to act, both at times of difficulty and times of ease, and at times when others were given preference over us, and that we would not oppose those in authority. He said: ‘unless they made a blatant show of kufr and you have evidence from Allaah that what they are doing is indeed kufr.’” (Agreed upon). On this basis, their neglecting the prayer, for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said we should oppose them and fight them by the sword, constitutes an act of blatant kufr for which we have evidence from Allaah that it is indeed kufr.

If someone were to say: is it not permissible to interpret the texts about a person who neglects prayer being a kaafir as referring to the one who neglects the prayer because he does not think it is obligatory?

We would say: it is not permissible to interpret the texts in this way because there are two reservations about this interpretation:

it involves ignoring the general description that the Lawgiver took into consideration and to which the ruling was connected. The ruling that the person who neglects prayer is a kaafir is connected to the action of neglecting prayer, not to his denial of it being obligatory.

Brotherhood in religion is based on performing the prayer, not on whether a person declares it to be obligatory. Allaah did not say,

“If they repent and state that the prayer is obligatory”, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not say “Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his denial that the prayer is obligatory” or “The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is our statement that the prayer is obligatory, so whoever denies that it is obligatory has disbelieved.” If this is what Allaah and His Messenger had meant, then not stating it clearly would have contradicted what is said in the Qur’aan. For Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur’aan) as an exposition of everything” [al-Nahl 16:89]

“And We have also sent down unto you (O Muhammad) the Dhikr [reminder and the advice (i.e. the Qur’aan)], that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them” [al-Nahl 16:44]

It is not correct to refer to a reason which the Lawgiver did not make a factor in ruling a person to be a kaafir, because if a person who does not have the excuse of ignorance denies that the five daily prayers are obligatory then he is deemed to be a kaafir, whether he prays or not. If a person performs the five daily prayers, fulfilling all the conditions of prayer and doing all the actions that are obligatory or mustahabb, but he denies that the prayers are obligatory with no valid reason for doing so, then he is a kaafir, even though he is not neglecting the prayers. From this it is clear that it is not correct to interpret the texts about neglecting the prayers as referring to denying that they are obligatory.

The correct view is that the person who neglects the prayer is a kaafir who is beyond the pale of Islam, as is clearly stated in the report narrated by Ibn
Abi Haatim in his Sunan from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) exhorted us: ‘Do not associate anything in worship with Allaah, and do not neglect the prayer deliberately, for whoever neglects the prayer deliberately puts himself beyond the pale of Islam.”

Moreover, if we interpret the ahaadeeth about neglecting the prayer as referring to a denial that it is obligatory, there would be no point in the reports referring specifically to the prayer, because this ruling applies equally to zakaah, fasting and Hajj – whoever neglects any of these, denying that it is obligatory, is a kaafir, if he does not have the excuse of ignorance.
Just as the one who neglects the prayer is deemed to be a kaafir on the basis of the evidence of the texts and reports, so he may also be deemed to be a kaafir on the basis of rational analysis. How can a person be a believer if he neglects the prayer which is the pillar of religion, and when there are aayaat and ahaadeeth urging us to perform prayer which make the wise believer rush to do the prayer, and when there are aayaat and ahaadeeth warning against neglecting it, which make the wise believer scared to ignore the prayer? Once we have understood this, a person cannot be a believer if he neglects the prayer.

If a person were to say: can we not interpret kufr in the case of one who neglects the prayer as meaning a lesser form of kufr (kufr al-na’mah) rather than the kind of kufr which puts a person beyond the pale of Islam (kufr al-millah)? Or can we not interpret it as being less than Kufr Akbar (major kufr) and more like the kufr referred to in the ahaadeeth, “There are two qualities that exist among people which are qualities of kufr: slandering people’s lineage and wailing over the dead” and “Trading insults with a Muslim is fisq (immoral conduct) and exchanging blows with him is kufr”, etc.?

We would say that this interpretation is not correct for a number of reasons:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made prayer the dividing line between kufr and faith, between the believer and the disbeliever. This is where he drew the line, and the two things are quite distinct and do not overlap. Prayer is one of the pillars of Islam, so when the person who neglects it is described as a kaafir, this implies the kind of kufr that puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, because he has destroyed one of the pillars of Islam. This is a different matter from attributing kufr to a person who does one of the actions of kufr. There are other texts which indicate that the kufr of the one who neglects the prayer is the kind of kufr which puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, so what is meant here by kufr should be interpreted according to the apparent meaning, so as avoid contradictions between the texts. The description of kufr in those ahaadeeth is different. Concerning neglecting the prayer,

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Between a man and shirk and kufr.” Here the word kufr is preceded in the original Arabic by the definite article “al”, which indicates that what is referred to here is the reality of kufr.

This is in contrast to the other ahaadeeth where kufr is referred to without the definite article, or in a verbal form, which indicates that this is a part of kufr or that the person has disbelieved by doing this action, but it is not the absolute kufr which places a person beyond the pale of Islam.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in his book Iqtidaa’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem (p. 70, Al-Sunnah Al-Muhammadiyyah edn.), concerning the hadeeth of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ““There are two qualities that exist among people which are qualities of kufr”:

“The phrase ‘which are qualities of kufr’ means that these two qualities which exist among people are qualities of kufr because they are among the deeds of kufr and they exist among people. But not everyone who has a part of kufr becomes a kaafir because of it, unless there exists in his heart the reality of kufr. Similarly, not everyone who has a part of faith becomes a believer because of it, unless there exists in his heart the essential reality of faith. So there is a distinction between kufr that is preceded [in the original Arabic] by the definite article “al”, as in the hadeeth ‘Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands nothing but his neglecting the prayer’, and kufr that is not preceded by the definite article but is used in an affirmative sense.’”

So it is clear that the person who neglects the prayer with no excuse is a kaafir who is beyond the pale of Islam, on the basis of this evidence. This is the correct view according to Imaam Ahmad, and it is one of the two opinions narrated from al-Shaafa’i, as was mentioned by Ibn Katheer in his tafseer of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salaat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts” [Maryam 19:59]

Ibn al-Qayyim mentioned in his book Al-Salaah that it was one of the two views narrated from al-Shaafa’i, and that al-Tahhaawi narrated it from al-Shaafa’i himself.

This was also the view of the majority of the Sahaabah, indeed many narrated that there was consensus among the Sahaabah on this point. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Shaqeeq said: the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not think that neglecting any deed made a person a kaafir, apart from neglecting the prayer. This was reported by al-Tirmidhi and al-Haakim, who classed it as saheeh according to the conditions of (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh, the well known imaam, said, It was reported with a saheeh isnaad from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that the one who neglects the prayer is a kaafir. This was also the view of the scholars from the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until the present day: that the person who deliberately neglects the prayer with no valid excuse, until the time for that prayer is over, is a kaafir. Ibn Hazm said that it was reported from ‘Umar, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, Mu’aadh ibn Jabal, Abu Hurayrah and others among the Sahaabah. He said: “We do not know of any opposing view among the Sahaabah.” Al-Mundhiri narrated this from him in Al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, and added more names of Sahaabah: ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas, Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah and Abu’l-Dardaa’ – may Allaah be pleased with them. He said: apart from the Sahaabah, there are also Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Mubaarak, al-Nakha’i, al-Hakam ibn ‘Utaybah, Ayyoob al-Sakhtayaani, Abu Daawood al-Tayaalisi, Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shaybah, Zuhayr ibn Harb and others.

And Allaah knows best.

Reference: Risaalah fi Hukm Taarik al-Salaah (Paper on the ruling on one who neglects the prayer) by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen.

IlyasHasib38
03-29-2010, 11:14 PM

As far as I know, EVERYONE who believes in God and doesn't make partners with Him, has a chance to go to Heaven.
By the way, everyone will go to Hell for their sins, except prophets, shaheeds, children and sahaba (companions of the Prophet).
The only difference is that believers' term in Hell will be equal to their sins, and eventually they will be taken out of Hell.
However, this doesn't mean that Hell will be temporary for everyone (like Jews believe); Hell in islam is eternal, and certain groups of people will dwell there forever: pagans, apostates, disbelievers (people who do not believe in God), idolaters (even if they do believe in God), tyrants* and hypocrites (people who claim to be muslims, but aren't muslims by practice).

* - Tyrant does not mean a ruler-tyrant; it can be a tax-collector, bully, soldier, policeman, general, despotic husband, wife or a tyrannical boss/manager, etc.

That's what I know.

brotherubaid
03-30-2010, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IlyasHasib38

By the way, everyone will go to Hell for their sins, except prophets, shaheeds, children and sahaba (companions of the Prophet).
May Alah bless u , barak Allah feek akhi , u cannot limit that u Just those, i can bring many examples but i dont usually have time to post.

But here Are Some examples:

Imaam al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated in his Saheeh from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“I was shown the nations, and some Prophets passed by with a few followers, and some Prophets passed by with no followers. Then I was shown a great multitude, and I said, ‘What is this? Is this my ummah?’ It was said, ‘No, this is Moosa and his people.’ It was said, ‘Look at the horizon.’ There I saw a huge multitude filling the horizon. And it was said, ‘Look there, and there, on the horizons of the sky.’ There was a multitude filling the horizons. It was said, ‘This is your ummah, and of these, seventy thousand will enter Paradise without being brought to account.’” Then he [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] went inside, without explaining further. The people started to discuss what he had said, saying, “We are the ones who have believed in Allaah and followed His Messenger; we are they” or, “It is our children who were born in Islam whilst we were born in Jaahiliyyah.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard about what was being said, so he came out and said: “They are the ones who do not seek ruqya, do not believe in bad omens and do not use branding; they put their trust in their Lord…”

What the hadeeth means is that there is a group of this ummah who will enter Paradise without being brought to account,. The seventy thousand referred to in this hadeeth are of a high status in this ummah because of some special qualities that they have, as mentioned in the hadeeth: “They are the ones who do not seek ruqya, do not believe in bad omens and do not use branding; they put their trust in their Lord…”

The reason why they will enter Paradise without being brought to account and without being punished is stated clearly in another report narrated by al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) from Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said:

“The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘I was shown the nations. One Prophet passed by with a group, another passed by with a small band, another with ten followers, another with five, and another on his own (with no followers). I looked and saw a huge multitude, and I said, “O Jibreel, are these my ummah?” He said “No, but look at the horizon.” So I looked and saw a huge multitude. He said, “These are your ummah, and these are seventy thousand at their head who will not be brought to account or punished.” I said, “How come?” He said, “They do not use branding, or seek ruqya, or believe in bad omens; they put their trust in their Lord.”’ ‘Ukhaashah ibn Mihsan stood up and said, ‘Pray to Allaah to make me one of them!’ He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] said, ‘O Allaah, make him one of them.’ Then another man stood up and said, ‘Pray to Allaah to make me one of them.’ He said, ‘ ‘Ukaashah has beaten you to it.’” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 6059).

They are described further in another hadeeth, narrated by Sahl ibn Sa’d (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Seventy thousand or seven hundred thousand [one of the narrators was not sure] of my ummah will enter Paradise, and the first of them will not enter until the last of them do so. And their faces will be like the moon on the night when it is full.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘A group of my ummah seventy thousand strong will enter Paradise, with their faces shining like the moon.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari).

Muslim also reported about them in his Saheeh from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah: “… then the believers will be saved and the first group to be saved will have faces like the moon when it is full, [they will be] seventy thousand, who will not be brought to account. Then will come those who shine like the stars in the sky…”

There is good news for all of us Muslims in this hadeeth and others. There is more information in a report narrated in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad and the Sunan of al-Tirmidhi and Ibn Maajah, where Abu Umaamah is reported to have said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“My Lord promised me that seventy thousand of my ummah will enter Paradise without being brought to account or being punished; with each thousand of them will be another seventy thousand, plus three handfuls of the handfuls of my Lord, may He be glorified.” We ask Allaah to make us among them. Just imagine: seventy thousand, with each thousand of whom is another seventy thousand – how great will be the total number of people who will enter Paradise without being brought to account? How many will be in each handful “scooped up” by the Merciful, Compassionate, Generous Almighty Lord? We ask Allaah to make us among that number.

The second item of good news is that the number of inhabitants of Paradise from this ummah will be two thirds of the total number. More people will enter Paradise from the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) than from all the previous nations combined. This good news comes from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the hadeeth in which he said to his Companions one day,

“Would you be pleased if you were a quarter of the people of Paradise?” They said, “Yes.” He said, “Would you be pleased if you were a third of the people of Paradise?” They said, “Yes.” He said, “Would you be pleased if you were a half of the people of Paradise?” They said, “Yes.” He said, “By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, I hope that you will be half of the people of Paradise. No one will enter Paradise except a Muslim, and among the people of shirk you are like a white hair on the hide of a black bull, or a black hair on the hide of a red bull.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6047).

The final part of the good news comes in another saheeh hadeeth, in which he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The people of Paradise are 120 rows, of which eighty are from this ummah and the other forty from all the other nations.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3469; he said this is a hasan hadeeth). We praise Allaah for His blessings and ask Him for His grace and mercy, and to make us dwell in Paradise by His mercy and kindness. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

The Muslim sinner MAY or MAYNOT be punished for his sins , Allah can forgive him ALL his sins or enough sins to make his scales of good deeds heavy and enter them in Jannnah

so u cannot say that eveyone besides Prophets sahaba nn shaheeds n childern ALL will go to hell eventually , even though that is true to an extent but still Allah can enter whome ever He wills to jannah on that day without reckoning.

Every one will be brought to Hell though , brought around it as in Surah Maryam.

68. So by your Lord, surely, We shall gather them together, and (also) the Shayâtin (devils) (with them), then We shall bring them round Hell on their knees.

69. Then indeed We shall drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against the Most Beneficent (Allâh).

70. Then, verily, We know best those who are most worthy of being burnt therein.

71. There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished.

72. Then We shall save those who use to fear Allâh and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell).

So its up to Allah whom He subhanhu wa taala will enter hel n whom he will enter paradise , a sinner is a sinner , Allah can forgive his sins , A sinner might also have a great number of good deeds that will Out-weigh his sins and he wont have to go to hell for his sins, and Allah can Also change sins into good deeds! Such an Amazing blessing of Allah to his servants , as in the ayah of Surah Al Furqaan

Except those who repent and believe , and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

So Barak Allah feek akhi , but InshahAllah we cannot just say that JUST the Prophets n shaheeds n children will enter it without reckoning or without going to hell first.

The above ahadeeth were about those who will enter without HISSAB or Reckoning Or taken to Account for

Some muslims Might have to give Hissab but after the Hissab they Might enter Jannah n not enter Fire, Is that clear ? does that make sense , so even being taken to account cannot mean that they will GO TO HELL DEFINETLY, No rather its hissab , reckoning , ones hissab might be just enough to enter him paradise n save him from hell fire , might just be one good deed that enter us into heaven and make our scales heavier.

I hope this makes sense n clears up some thing and ALLAH knows best

Asslam O alikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!