/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about when praying

Bungy Dude
03-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone

I've recently started praying, but after reading many of the threads on this site, I get the feeling I'm missing out because I can't seem to get the same spiritual connection others experience, instead I think about my plans for the day or just the general mundane things people think about when they aren't doing anything, it maybe because of my lack of knowledge but can anyone advise on what I SHOULD be thinking about when I'm doing my salah or what I'm supposed to be feeling from it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
awais
03-30-2010, 07:35 AM
I assume you, like I, do not speak or understand Arabic, so our minds tend to wander when reciting words we don't understand. Have an idea of what you're reciting, try to learn the meaning of a few words and think about what you're saying. Think about Allah, has he blessed your day? What are you thankful for? What do you need help with? Think about the ultimate reality, that we are all going to die, at any time, are you ready to meet your lord? Think about what you are doing is helping you improve your standing before him on the day of standing, and you will pass over the siraat, with Jannah waiting on the other side, and jahannam below. Think that you are standing right before Allah, like Musa alayhi salam, because you are standing before a king, the lord of the worlds, who you are in his power and he does with you what he wishes.

I dunno. :D Think about why you're praying. It's a break from the dunya, the worldly distractions, to remember the ultimate.

whatcha think?

I think it just helps to have an idea of what you're reciting and jazz off that :D

islamirama
03-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Try this bro,

33 Ways of developing Khushoo’ in Salaah.

tango92
03-31-2010, 06:15 AM
i find the lists of so called remedies to spiritual problems are often not effective. i would recommend you work on strengthening your iman and gaining general knowledge of quran.

kushoo will come nturally

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sunnyhayat
03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
I have reverted secretly and the family still does not know. I pray regularly and feel so happy doing it and I do not think anything else but that great all pervading mercifula allah all the time!

Bungy Dude
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks people

I am definitely gaining more knowledge as everyday goes on and know this is already helping with all areas of my being.

All the suggestions are very good, I'm going to try the following as feel these would be of almost immediate help

- learning the meanings behind some of the things I will be saying in salah as well as the surahs
- Varying the surah's
- thinking about hajj, allah, the day of judgement, our prophet and mostly thinking why I am praying and what I hope to get in reward
- removing all worldly thoughts from the head (try anyway)

Alpha Dude
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM
:sl: Bro.

Make plenty of dua, not just to ask help with concentration on Allah but ask for anything and everything.

Make very long duas where you try to feel for the existence of Allah and you ask sincerely and show your dependence on Allah.

I believe being regular and consistent in dua will help you strengthen your overall connection with Allah and as a result you are more likely to have khusoo during salah.

cat eyes
03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
understanding the meaning of what you are reading in your salah then inshaAllah your concentration should come natural

Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
also remember that this might be your last prayer before you die.

Life_Is_Short
03-31-2010, 10:41 PM
The more dedicated and committed you are towards investing in the path of Allah, the more engaged you'll become in your salah. Make a special effort.

Whenever you make a special effort for something you tend to focus more.

Try reading Quran regularly also.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!