/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Veg Islam

Cupcake
03-30-2010, 05:15 PM
I was just reading a really interesting article about Halal products on PETAAsiaPacific.com. I found out that animals who are slaughtered by Halal guidelines are often subjected to cruel and inhuman slaughter methods, like being skinned alive. How terrible is that?!! I had no idea that it is considered perfectly acceptable by Halal standards for animals who are used for dairy and meat to undergo such torture! Check out the article at http://www.petaasiapacific.com/featu...sp?c=papforpro and tell me if you agree.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
03-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't know if you are a Muslim or not but are you going to learn about halal slaughter from an animal rights website?

For example, if you wanted to learn about your own religion, would you seriously go to people who were opposed to your religion or certain aspects of it at least, to learn about it and get the "facts" from them? I think not.

If you have a sincere desire to learn about halal slaughter and the rights that animals have in Islam, then please post to that effect and one of us can either help you, or direct you to some reputable sources of information.

Peace.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
I had no idea that it is considered perfectly acceptable by Halal standards for animals who are used for dairy and meat to undergo such torture!
neither did we. perhaps you could provide us with some reliable sources to back your claim up.

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cupcake
I found out that animals who are slaughtered by Halal guidelines are often subjected to cruel and inhuman slaughter methods, like being skinned alive.
If the animal suffers it's not halal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
04-01-2010, 09:26 AM
:sl:
^thank you, but that wasn't the daleel (evidence) i was inquiring about.

so i want the daleel for "it is considered perfectly acceptable by Halal standards for animals who are used for dairy and meat to undergo such torture!"

S<Chowdhury
04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
hehehe peta bunch of bunny lovers i agree you should perhaps look at other sources to understand about halal slaughtering........

and for all those who hate PETA as much as i do..........

http://www.peta-sucks.com/smf/index.php

UmmSqueakster
04-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I do think there is a legitimate concern about how the animals we consume are treated. After all, they will be there to testify about us on the day of judgment. Would you rather they say that we were complicit in their abuse, or that we were concerned that they were treated as they should?

However, PETA goes too far. I'm an almost vegetarian/ethical omnivore. I only consume a limited amount of animal products where I know the animal was treated with dignity. After all, the Prophet (saws) only ate a little meat, so why should I gorge myself on it? PETA would rather we don't eat animals at all, even when they're treated well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!