/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Quran english

Steven John
04-01-2010, 07:57 AM
AoA,
my first language is english, yes i know the Quran explains Allah has sent me a messenger in my own tongue. But the Quran brings blessing to my life and i am not reading Allahs word to disrespect you who natively speak Arabic.

I have MP3 Quran that is Arabic then english it is very difficult to learn from for prayer. I have to either say the Arabic like a parrot then seek the meaning in my heart or skip back and forward, danger when driving the car and very slow way to learn.

Does any one know where i can get English then Arabic.

In advance please no disrespect intended to those of you who learn without seeking meaning or are Arabic first language.

May Allah bless and guide you and yours as youse submit unto Him

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Steven John
04-19-2010, 01:23 AM
............ bump

aadil77
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
erm not sure, but go to www.quranicaudio.com and find a recitor whose recitation really sticks with you, keep listening to him and that way you'll memorise verses much easier

also you can always read up on the meaning afterwards

Steven John
04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
AsSalum o Aliekum
Br.aadlil I wil check the link, may Allah bless you for your help and the words of wisdom with them.

By His wil may Allah bless you and yours as youes submit unto Him

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Steven John
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
AoA, some great recitations but the Arabic is before the English. It maybe that no one is like me in need or that it is improper that the translation be first. Given it is said that every nation gets a messenger in its own language it may be that I should look for a different messenger (pbut) of Allah. Sad but maybe true.

marwen
04-24-2010, 02:55 AM
unfortunately, I cant find a site with direct english recitation, but these tow sites may help :
http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
http://transliteration.org/quran/Web...all/Fram2E.htm

Steven John
04-24-2010, 05:21 AM
AoA,
Br Marwen, priase be to Allah the sites you have recommended me are awsome in value for helping me learn to recite.

I am questing to put the meanings in my heart. If I put the Quran in my heart no fire (evil) will harm it.

Putting the Quran on my tongue and lips is very important but without understanding would i really have it covered with skin.

If an unguided person tries sways me to fair seeming falsehood in my language and i recite what i dont understand I would be like a parrot. Yes in the reciting Allah may protect me but would i be a living witness to His truth.

I praise and thank Allah for the help you have given me and the effort you went to in seeking, blessings on you and yours for His goodness you extended to me.

hanoville3
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Salamu alikum
Brother Steven John
I hope all about you is ok
first i'm sorry because of my bad English ,but I hope if you can understand me

Quraan ask us to learn and to use our minds to understand it ,no just to say it
but there is an important point
you said
"Given it is said that every nation gets a messenger in its own language"
But as you it's not true because we have only one God and Allah sent His messengers to all people to advise them and to tell them the only right way to fellow Allah
and sure we know that also with using our mind

yes we have to recite Quraan in pray in Arabic but why?
as you can see we "Muslims" still have one book ,the Holy Quraan and still the same no change happened with it like other religions
And also you know well ,you will never find any translation can be the same exactly 100%
and Quraan in one language but we just tray to translate the meaning of it ,in English you can find now many translations ,it's not Quraan but just a translation of the meaning
But if it was ok to use it ,we will go and forget about the main Book ,and just say it in English and say it in any version ,and another one can translate it (after that) from English to chines and from Chinese to Spanish and to come back again to Arabic will be something else and will be another Quraan

But No Allah told us that
(إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا الذِّكْرَ وَإِنَّا لَهُ لَحَافِظُونَ)
Verse (15:9) soret Al Hijr ((No doubt, We have sent down this Quran, and We most surely are its Guardian.))

and as you know there are many Muslims in all over the world and most of Muslims are not Arabic "it's a fact"
but they fellow Islam and use their mind to understand the Quraan at least few verses for pray they memorize it in Arabic but also know it's meaning in their language

and many of them try to learn Arabic ,it will help to know more about Islam and Quraan ,and also they can use it when they travel to an Arabic country for work ,or for fun and enjoy it in the holidays
and we can find many people learn many languages ,maybe Arabic language is not easy ,but if we really want to learn it we will do and also the Arabic language is one of the main language in UN "United Nations"

Thank you dear brother for your topic ,and i hope i helped you with a word
Best wishes

Nora.
04-27-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't understand what you REALLY want ??

Are you looking for an English translation Audio of Quran ??

hanoville3
04-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Salamu alikum
I hope my words is clear enough

and if so ,i think it will never be a problem as you thought it may be a problem
Thank you

aadil77
04-28-2010, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Steven John
AoA,
Br Marwen, priase be to Allah the sites you have recommended me are awsome in value for helping me learn to recite.

I am questing to put the meanings in my heart. If I put the Quran in my heart no fire (evil) will harm it.

Putting the Quran on my tongue and lips is very important but without understanding would i really have it covered with skin.

If an unguided person tries sways me to fair seeming falsehood in my language and i recite what i dont understand I would be like a parrot. Yes in the reciting Allah may protect me but would i be a living witness to His truth.

I praise and thank Allah for the help you have given me and the effort you went to in seeking, blessings on you and yours for His goodness you extended to me.
Truth is brother I doubt many of us here understand the verses we have memorised. Some people who are huffaz - know the whole Quran by heart - even they don't understand arabic. It great that you want to learn the meaning, I think its important to atleast have somekind of basic understanding. May Allah give us all an understanding of arabic.

About having the english translation before the Quran arabic recitation, I'm not sure, I can understand why you'd like it. I think they all keep it in the arabic before english format, I think because people would like hear what it is they don't understand before recieving a translation of it. If you really find its necessary, maybe you can ask someone good with audio editing to help you out. Sorry I can't help

Steven John
04-28-2010, 07:02 AM
AsSalum o Aliekum, dear Br Hanoville, May Allah bless you for His goodness in your post to me.
Your post is full of wisdom and is explanation of what i was speaking in post about #5 i think.

You have shown that i maybe not right for Islam in the Islamic religion due to my language. May Allah's will be done.

When i first went to the mosque i would offer greetings in English and it took me a long time to great in Arabic.

It is though all the Arabic i use in my heart and mind it is defined in English.

May Allah do for His goodness with me for you and others to His glory even though i am inadequate.

Steven John
04-28-2010, 07:05 AM
AsSalum o Aliekum Dear Sister Nora,
I was looking for Quran MP3s in English then Arabic so .as i would have some meaning while learning the words.

May Allah bless and guide you and yours.

aadil77
04-28-2010, 07:14 AM
AsSalum o Aliekum, dear Br Hanoville, May Allah bless you for His goodness in your post to me.
Your post is full of wisdom and is explanation of what i was speaking in post about #5 i think.

You have shown that i maybe not right for Islam in the Islamic religion due to my language. May Allah's will be done.

When i first went to the mosque i would offer greetings in English and it took me a long time to great in Arabic.

It is though all the Arabic i use in my heart and mind it is defined in English.

May Allah do for His goodness with me for you and others to His glory even though i am inadequate.
Brother what are you talking about? your belief in islam does not rely on your language, you're not 'inadequate' - take things easy, its not a must to understand arabic. You can't reject islam because of a language. Do all jews understand the torah which is in hebrew?

Steven John
04-28-2010, 07:24 AM
AoA,
Dear Br Aadil,
I respect that many recite without meaning, may Allah bless them. I understand Allah blessed us with people reciting the verses long before the printing press and ensured that Islam of the recitation would be spread.

Maybe my reason for wanting the meaning is so i dont just say any old words but words i believe.

Again without respect when i meet people who profess what they recite as truth and say they have no idea what it means i feel that is not for me.

If i profess words i do not know as truth i would be at risk of being in darkness.
If i recite and have no meaning in my heart i could mis pronounce and say to or of Allah what is untrue.

I know Allah can protect me by my intention to glorify Him.

As a child i was trained to say terrible things of Allah by well meaning people. I am not to trust men again so as not to be astray in my speech.

Also in the culture of the people where i live if i told them i have a wonderful revelation from Allah that i have no idea what it means they would not take me serious and i would not spread Islam.

Admittedly i could convert people who are disgruntled with the communities they are in or with the pain of the world but such will follow anything offered them that will fuel their "anti" sentiment.

Brother what you say of audio work i am considering or maybe i will just keep plodding as i do and may Allah will be done.

please dont be sorry you can not help me, Allah bless me much in your desire to help me glorify Him, I pray He reward you and yours of His bounty for your love to me.

aadil77
04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
As I said brother it is important to understand what you're reciting. Obviously if you want to spread islam, you will do it in the language of the country you're in - in your case its english. You can use an english Quran translation, you can memorise the meanin of verses in english, its no different to how people preach the bible, is the bible not a translation in english?

I don't know why you're making this an issue for islam not being for you, keep a copy of the quran which includes english translation under each verse, job done - its not an issue to worry about or create doubts in your belief.

Steven John
04-28-2010, 07:35 AM
AoA dear brother Aadill, You are right i cant reject Islam, Allahs true religion burns in me and even if i tried i could not turn from it.
I do not know if all of the Jews know hebrew, Allah knows this best. Given Jews did not always speak hebrew i would doubt they need to be of one language. The Tora best i understand it does not differentiate of language. As posters offer here in the Islamic religion much emfisis is on Arabic language and as offered, rightly best i know Quran recitation / text is Arabic and translations are only of it not it. While i cant reject Islam men of the Islamic religion can reject me due to my lack of Arabic and hesitation to recite or testify to words i dont understand.

By his will may Allah bless and guide us to the best path to glorify Him.

Steven John
04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
AoA dear brother Aadill, i have been posting while you were at the same time, sorry

aadil77
04-28-2010, 07:51 AM
AoA dear brother Aadill, You are right i cant reject Islam, Allahs true religion burns in me and even if i tried i could not turn from it.
I do not know if all of the Jews know hebrew, Allah knows this best. Given Jews did not always speak hebrew i would doubt they need to be of one language. The Tora best i understand it does not differentiate of language. As posters offer here in the Islamic religion much emfisis is on Arabic language and as offered, rightly best i know Quran recitation / text is Arabic and translations are only of it not it. While i cant reject Islam men of the Islamic religion can reject me due to my lack of Arabic and hesitation to recite or testify to words i dont understand.

By his will may Allah bless and guide us to the best path to glorify Him.
Wa Alaykum Asalam

Brother all jewish torah scripts are in hebrew, every jewish prayer is in hebrew/aramiaic - listen to their prayers sometime its sounds almost exactly like arabic. Are you saying every jew can understand hewbrew?

If jewish prayers are meant to be recited in hebrew then how can you say the torah does not 'differentiate of language'?

Yes Quran translations are not the Quran, simply because we have the exact perfect words of Allah in the exact arabic text, that will not be or cannot be changed. If we were to say translations were the Quran then we'd end up like christianity where there are so many versions with modified verses and people are all misguided.

How can you say 'men of the Islamic religion can reject' you because you don't understand arabic, I think you have the impression that islam is an arab religion. How can people 'reject' you wen they don't speak arabic themselves?

Islam is a global religion only 15% of muslims in this world are arab, most muslims are not arabs, they don't speak arabic. Your proficiency in reciting arabic will come after practice, I'm just like you - my first language was english but I learnt to recite arabic from a young age.

Now please don't make excuses to find faults in yourself or in islam when there are none.

hanoville3
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Dear Steven
sorry i wrote to u something but with a mistake all gone :(
i will do when i come back coz i have to go now
Best wishes

Steven John
04-29-2010, 03:32 AM
AoA dear brother Aadill,
i seek not to be apart from the goodness given you by Allah and maybe i dont explain well. while i was born into english people my communication is not always best.

Now please don't make excuses to find faults in yourself or in islam when there are none.
i sought not to be excused at all please read my previous posts. I did noit realised i had offered fault in Islam or Islamic religion, please quote me so i may be corrected as it is not for me to speak against the prophets (pbut) i hold no authority.

Brother all jewish torah scripts are in hebrew, every jewish prayer is in hebrew/aramiaic - listen to their prayers sometime its sounds almost exactly like arabic.
you are right to point out the connection of the two main languages of Jewish people aramaic although not hebrew of today is rooted closely in palio hebrew. You have echoed my point the Jews were not of one language. Just because of the phonetic connection between Hebrew and Arabic does not make the sounds of the same meaning.

Are you saying every jew can understand hewbrew?
i dont know that i spake anything even close to this. I did try to point that no where in the Torah do i know of it saying that any language particular is required. I do believe the talmad may place importance on hebrew, but the Quran does not acknowledge these writings.

Yes Quran translations are not the Quran, simply because we have the exact perfect words of Allah in the exact arabic text, that will not be or cannot be changed. If we were to say translations were the Quran then we'd end up like christianity where there are so many versions with modified verses and people are all misguided.
I agree with what you point out all be it for the use of "christianity" given not all Christians were in error.

How can you say 'men of the Islamic religion can reject' you because you don't understand arabic, I think you have the impression that islam is an arab religion. How can people 'reject' you wen they don't speak arabic themselves?
experience, your thinking is wrong Islam is Allahs religion for men, the Islamic religion can become a distortion held by some men. If this were not so we would not be divided.

Islam is a global religion only 15% of muslims in this world can understand arabic, most muslims are not arabs, they don't speak arabic.
I have no statistics as you do so could not say your 15% statment is truth and rightly guided or not. I have no reason to doubt what you say. Allah knows best the number.

I had understood the Quran to offer along the lines every nation gets a messenger in its own language.

Your proficiency in reciting arabic will come after practice
this is truth Brother, my reason for the thread was because i dont practice recite what i dont believe.

You are in your right to believe i make excuse if Allah guides you to this. If Allah guides you to this then it is truth and i am guided by an illah that makes me want to Glorify Allah by understanding.

May Allah bless you and yours for your helping me in patience.

Woodrow
04-29-2010, 03:52 AM
:sl: Akhi Steven John,

Just a suggestion that may work better for you.

Begin by concentrating on the smaller Surahs. do not try to do more than al-Fatiha plus one other per day. If you have the means to record your self, record the surah on a CD recording yourself. Reading an English translation. Use an MP3 Arabic recitation in conjunction. Play the Arabic 3 or for times trying to hear individual words. Than play your English recitation 3 or 4 times, and concentrate on trying to translate the English into the Arabic you just heard. Do this several times through out the day.

Work first with the smaller Surahs. Beginning with Surah 114 and slowly work backwards. Do not attempt more than one per day plus al Fatiha.

Steven John
04-30-2010, 02:42 AM
AoA Br Woodrow,
May Allah bless you for your helping me and all goodness of Him you share.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!