/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Poetry

Beardo
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM
These are a few poems by my favorite poet, masha'Allah... I've only recently discovered these poems, and I must say, they're real Imaan boosters!

By: Naeem Nasrullah:

A Period of Unproductivity:

did ya know
that those who now boast
about their glory and glow
will one day crumble like toast.

Inhumane:

can you imagine
a dog that doesn't bark
a donkey that doesn't bray
a cat that doesn't meow
a crow that doesn't crow
a frog that doesn't croak
a baby that doesn't cry
a muslim that doesn't pray

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
04-02-2010, 11:59 PM
can you imagine
a dog that doesn't bark
a cat that doesn't meow
a crow that doesn't crow
a baby that doesn't cry

SubhanAllah! Just reminded me of a lecture i listened to a while back by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf (Paraphrasing), "Animals were created to do what they are supposed to do, We Humans currently are not doing what we were created to do (IE worship Allah SWT)"

If you want to poetry and boost your Iman, Listen to Sheikh Hamza Yusuf's lectures

Beardo
04-03-2010, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
can you imagine
a dog that doesn't bark
a cat that doesn't meow
a crow that doesn't crow
a baby that doesn't cry

SubhanAllah! Just reminded me of a lecture i listened to a while back by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf (Paraphrasing), "Animals were created to do what they are supposed to do, We Humans currently are not doing what we were created to do (IE worship Allah SWT)"

If you want to poetry and boost your Iman, Listen to Sheikh Hamza Yusuf's lectures

I read his book "Purification of the Heart". That in itself was an Imaan booster, masha'Allah. Intense knowledge, that guy has. He has humor as well. I attended one of his lectures live a couple months ago. He's initiating the first Islamic college in America!

IslamicRevival
04-03-2010, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I read his book "Purification of the Heart". That in itself was an Imaan booster, masha'Allah. Intense knowledge, that guy has. He has humor as well. I attended one of his lectures live a couple months ago. He's initiating the first Islamic college in America!
I was intending to buy that book a while ago, InshAllah will pick it up sometime. I don't think we have an English lecturer as eloquent and inspiring as Sheikh Hamza Yusuf. SubhanAllah, Allah Azzawajal guides whom he wills!

Zaytuna Institute is the name of the college right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
04-03-2010, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
I was intending to buy that book a while ago, InshAllah will pick it up sometime. I don't think we have an English lecturer as eloquent and inspiring as Sheikh Hamza Yusuf. SubhanAllah, Allah Azzawajal guides whom he wills!

Zaytuna Institute is the name of the college right?
Zaytuna Institute/Zaytuna College, yepperz.

You guys in the UK do have some good English speaking scholars though. More than us, anyway. Shaykh Riyadhul Huq, Shaykh Zaher Mahmud, Shaykh Ahmad ali, Shaykh Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf (whom you stole from us late last year), etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!