/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Issues whilst Memorizing Quran

AnonymousPoster
04-03-2010, 04:14 AM
Asalamualaykum,

I have been memorizing quran for like a little over a month and im on page 12. Just today I decided to start from the beginning of al baqarah just to see if I still remember clearly and I don't know it as well as I knew it when I had freshly memorized it...does this happen to everyone that memorizes? Or are you supposed to know it perfectly? I'm scared to move on now because I am scared I will forget some of it later...I dont know what to do. I know to review now but I still fear the same thing will happen....

JazakAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
footy_craze
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Ya that's normal and will happen every time if you don't revise your previous lessons before you start your new one. You should try and perfect your old lessons before you move. I know the temptation is there to move on quickly finish.

cat eyes
04-04-2010, 05:13 PM
you should make a time table of revising and make it a routine since ive started exercising more i had missed studying for a couple of nights and i was a bit shaky on some words but i was soon back to normal but you must recite it every night, its a must if you wana remember it

Beardo
04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Don't switch from Surah to Surah. Once you set your mind, don't stop after 12 pages and go from another direction. You'll end up having a scattered Qur'aan in your brain. This is one the tactics of Shaitan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Asalamualaykum,
Wa Alykom Asalam

I have been memorizing quran for like a little over a month and im on page 12.
May Allah make it easy on you bro/sis

Just today I decided to start from the beginning of al baqarah just to see if I still remember clearly and I don't know it as well as I knew it when I had freshly memorized it
because it has been a while since you read it last time...this is so normal

...does this happen to everyone that memorizes?
yeah, a lot!

Or are you supposed to know it perfectly?
Its rather you suppose to revise it regularly. There is no way that you won't forget what you memorize....that's why you have to keep revising in a regular pace

I'm scared to move on now because I am scared I will forget some of it later...I dont know what to do. I know to review now but I still fear the same thing will happen....
Here is my suggestion to you:

1. Keep going on your memorization as you planned before
2. Then assign sometime during the day to revise what you already memorized, say one page to revise daily from the beginning of where you started firstly.
3. Try to assign 2 or 3 days a week to recite what you already memorized all at once so you will figure the relation between those verses or pages you are memorizing since you are memorizing in parts every time.

If you are a sister and a full member, feel free to PM me for more explanation....I can help in assigning schedules for you if you want.

ayesha.ansari
07-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Yes it is normal. You can have an example of your papers or a test in school. After reading it 2 to 3 times you will gone to be perfect.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-21-2010, 06:24 AM
I want to memorize Al Imran v. 169-175 and Al Hadid v. 12-16. Any suggestions and advices?

Danah
09-26-2010, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
I want to memorize Al Imran v. 169-175 and Al Hadid v. 12-16. Any suggestions and advices?
Why those verses in specific? I mean do you find them hard or something?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!