/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are any of your teachers strict on the rules?

User_23338
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
i missed a biology test on monday and i called my teacher to ask him if i can make up the test, he said " were you not prepared for the exam? or totally forgot about it?", i looked at the teachers syllabus and it says that he will not let anyone make up a test, but if you have a written note explaining why you were absent, then he would let you make up the test. I told the teacher that i had a doctor's appointment, he said why didn't you call me before your doctors appointment, i told him that i didn't know i was gonna have a doctor's appointment and i told him that my dad just told on that day that i had a appointment. the teacher says he'll let me make up the missed test, but he said to show him the written note though. and he says it sounded like a fishy story. But to tell you the truth, i didn't have a doctors appointment, i have no choice but to lie about my excuse in order to make up that test.

why do college teachers have to be so strict on this manner in terms of making up missed tests.

why do all college teachers have to be different?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
The teacher will have to arrange the test for you (alone) and this will take his valuable time. It is not fair on the other students also because this way you'll have more time to revise.
It is really your own fault for not turning up. If you didn't have a Doctors appointment then what was the reason? :/ If it was something serious then just prove this to him otherwise face the consequences.

Alpha Dude
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
The teacher will have to arrange the test for you (alone) and this will take his valuable time. It is not fair on the other students also because this way you'll have more time to revise.
It is really your own fault for not turning up. If you didn't have a Doctors appointment then what was the reason? :/ If it was something serious then just prove this to him otherwise face the consequences.
Agree with this.

If we miss praying salah, then we are at fault unless we have a valid reason. Same principle.

Asian man
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
no i have to do what i can to make up the test.

other teachers however don't have any problem at all giving the students the opportunity to make up the test

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asian man
04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
im actually considering to take a semester off from college because im being stressed over this one class, but it seems to be affecting my other classes as well, i heard that taking a break off of college helps.

S<Chowdhury
04-07-2010, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
i missed a biology test on monday and i called my teacher to ask him if i can make up the test, he said " were you not prepared for the exam? or totally forgot about it?", i looked at the teachers syllabus and it says that he will not let anyone make up a test, but if you have a written note explaining why you were absent, then he would let you make up the test. I told the teacher that i had a doctor's appointment, he said why didn't you call me before your doctors appointment, i told him that i didn't know i was gonna have a doctor's appointment and i told him that my dad just told on that day that i had a appointment. the teacher says he'll let me make up the missed test, but he said to show him the written note though. and he says it sounded like a fishy story. But to tell you the truth, i didn't have a doctors appointment, i have no choice but to lie about my excuse in order to make up that test.

why do college teachers have to be so strict on this manner in terms of making up missed tests.

Why do teachers have to be so strict because if they were so relaxed about it most of the class wouldn't bother turning up for the test, and keep rescheduling which is a pain for a teacher

Because each teacher has there own teaching style and it comes with experience as well.

And lastly just forge that note from your father straight up get a mate who's hand writing is totally different and that teacher has never seen before make it formal and hand it in to the teacher. He's usually just bluffing he won't take two glances at the note or bother chasing it up whether its actually false or not too much hassle no problem Brother, but don't make this a regular occurrence ehhh :hmm:

Woodrow
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89

Because college is not only about learning academics. It is learning the lessons of adult life and a cruel reality is most things in life are a one time event with no opportunity for make up or second chances.

Beardo
04-08-2010, 03:43 AM
A lie only leads to another lie. I guess we all, at one point in time, fall into a similar trap.

My English teacher is pretty chill. But my math teacher... If class is supposed to end at 7:50, it means 7:50 or maybe even 7:51.

Innocent Soul
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Assalamaualaikum

Why do teachers have to be so strict because if they were so relaxed about it most of the class wouldn't bother turning up for the test, and keep rescheduling which is a pain for a teacher
It's right but they should not be too much strict as they just don't laugh at all :exhausted. Instead of scolding she can say it politely. I would feel so bad that I disappointed my teacher and try to do my best next time. I feel so angry when she tells me that my rank is decreasing (so loudly) :phew. She is my science teacher. :hmm:

Life_Is_Short
04-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Back in college my biology teacher used to chase after students after lessons to give them missed homeworks and tests. Do you much rather prefer a teacher like that?

Besides, they have every right to be strict because they don't get paid for anything extra. It's not in their job description to supervise and prepare tests for students who weren't bothered to turn up in the first place.

Yupi10
04-15-2010, 12:17 PM
unfortunetly i got this teacher on me. She was not strict to me but now she questions every detail.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!