/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What about reading qur'an translations ?

marwen
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Assalamu Alaykom brothers and sisters.

I have a question ? :hmm:

In the hadeeth of Prophet Muhammad :
" من قرأ حرفاً من كتاب الله فله بكل حرف حسنة والحسنة بعشر أمثالها ، لا أقول (ألم) حرف ولكن ألف حرف ولام حرف وميم حرف .."
Meaning :
"Whoever reads a letter from the qur'an gets a 'hasanah' (reward) for this letter; and a hasana is mltiplied by ten. I don't say (ألم) is a letter (whole word), but (أ) is lettre, (ل) is a letter and (م) is a letter. "

This hadeeth shows that for each letter we read from the qur'an we get 10 hasanat.
it means when we read the word (ألم) we get 30 hasanat (3 letters).

But what about reading a translation of the qur'an, what will be the count ?
For example : in the beginning of surat Al Fatiha, the first verse is : "بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ"
the count in arabic letters is about 20 letters => 20x10 = 200 hasanah
But the translation, in english for example of that verse is :
"In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"
that makes 38 letters => 38x10 = 380.

So if we read the translated version do we have 0 hasanah, 380 hasanah or 200 hasanah (with reference to the arabic verse) ? :confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
meanwhile, here is a good online quran reciter with translation in many languages http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
maybe you know the link, but I think it's a great online reciter.

ayesha.ansari
12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
we all should read Quran in translated form in our specific language. it would be easy for us to learn and understand Quran and choose the right path.

Rafeeq
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
But what about reading a translation of the qur'an, what will be the count ?
For example : in the beginning of surat Al Fatiha, the first verse is : "بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ"
the count in arabic letters is about 20 letters => 20x10 = 200 hasanah
But the translation, in english for example of that verse is :
"In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"
that makes 38 letters => 38x10 = 380.

So if we read the translated version do we have 0 hasanah, 380 hasanah or 200 hasanah (with reference to the arabic verse)
Walikum Assalam Warahma,

As per my personal opinion, hasanat are count on the basis of arabic text. But at the same time, when Allah (SWT) invites at several places to understand it. Hence, we should read the Holy Quran with translation in our own language for understanding it alongwith reciting it in Arabic. And we should expect that Allah (SWT) will reward much more than the count above stated Hadith refer to. There is no limit of Allah's treasures.

Wassalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
my opinion "O" is correct.
2nd what i blv is religion in much more imp thing than our wordly pbms. so if just for our career pbm we all ppl around world are studing english, we can learn Arabic.
but if some one is now aged, he cant learn than he may use translation but with Tafseer...but plz for ur children, i suggest dont let them ignorant from arabic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!