/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In Islam, does God love everybody?

FollowerOfChrist
04-09-2010, 02:45 AM
I was kinda wondering this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
omar ibrahim
04-09-2010, 08:23 AM
he loves you when you love him and follow his commands and being sencere

distressed
04-09-2010, 02:28 PM
does that just mean muslims ?? or all religions ?

OurIslamic
04-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm sure Allah (SWT) love everyone, but is dissapointed when people do not follow his will. He's the most forgiving out of everyone/thing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Predator
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Allah loves humans but hates their sins. This means that although bad deeds merit God's disapproval and subsequent punishment, they also invoke His infinite mercy on a weak creature whom He had lovingly created, to whom He had given life, and whom He had nurtured with gifts and bounty. Allah describes Himself in the Qur'an as "the Loving":

*{And He is the Forgiving and Loving}* (Al-Buruj 85:14)

*{And He is the Forgiving and Loving}* (Al-Buruj 85:14)

One day the Holy Prophet (s) was walking with his companions when he saw a mother bird with her babies in a nest. The mother bird was feeding the small ones some worms. So tender and gentle were her actions, that the companions were awe-struck at this display of love. The Prophet (s) smiled and said, "Are you surprised at the love this mother bird has for her babies? Let me inform you that Allah loves His creatures, the human beings seventy times more than this mother!"

Yet love must be expressed in action; otherwise it's just a word without meaning. For example: A man may say to his wife "I love you" and then may treat her badly. Does he love her?

Love between humans and God follows the same principle of actions consistent with words. It must mean obedience from us to God — as His grateful creation — and mercy from God to us as our loving Creator.

People everywhere in the world obtain their sustenance from Allah regardless of their beliefs. Many evil people are even very rich because Allah gives them good things in this life, although He knows that they have not earned safety in the hereafter.

On the other hand, believers who follow through with good deeds receive special blessings from Allah: happiness and contentment in this life — even in the midst of trials and tests — and reward in the hereafter for holding on to their faith under pressure. Allah loves them because they have shown their love to Him practically.

Allah gives a person a lifelong opportunity to turn away from sin and disobedience, and to choose the right path in order to receive His forgiveness. Those who commit evil are hurting themselves in this life and the next. However, Allah's forgiveness has no limits and the only condition is asking for it:

*{O My slaves (mankind) who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgives all sins. He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.}* (Az-Zumar 39:53-58)

Forgiving sins and accepting repentance is a manifestation of God's love. He is absolutely just and fair to the minutest detail, so everyone gets exactly what they deserved, plus extra measures of compassion, mercy, and forgiveness.

Prophet Muhammad said, "Allah said: 'O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an Earth-full of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth'" (At-Tirmidhi).

Expressing Our Love for God

On the other hand, our expression of love for God is being completely obedient to Him in order to gain His love and mercy. The Qur'an says what means:

*{If you love Allah show it in your conduct and obey Allah and His Messenger, for obedience of His Messenger is the obedience of Allah.}* (An-Nisaa' 4:80)

*{Say, if you love Allah, obey me (Muhammad), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.}* (Aal `Imran 3:31)

Gaining Allah's Love

Ibn Al-Qayyim, in his book Madarij As-Salikeen, gives us a prescription to help us gain the love of Allah:

■Giving precedence to what He loves over what you love when you are overtaken by your desires

■Remembering Allah under all circumstances, with your tongue, heart, and actions

■Pondering the beauty of His creation and the wisdom in the universe

■Observing Allah's kindness, goodness, and bounties

■Having a soft, subdued, and meek heart before Allah

■Being alone with Allah during the last portion of the night while reading His Book, then repenting and asking for forgiveness

■Accompanying the good and sincere people and benefiting from their knowledge

■Keeping away from any evil that comes between the heart and Allah

Performing voluntary deeds after completing obligatory deeds as is explained in the hadith qudsi: "My slave continues getting closer to Me by performing voluntary deeds until I love him." (Al-Bukhari)

Benefits of Gaining Allah’s Love

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "When Allah loves a slave, He calls Jibreel (Gabriel) and says: 'I love so-and-so; so love him.' And then Jibreel loves him. Then Jibreel announces in the heavens saying: 'Allah loves so-and-so; so love him'; then the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him; and then people on earth love him" (Al-Bukhari).

FollowerOfChrist
04-09-2010, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
I'm sure Allah (SWT) love everyone, but is dissapointed when people do not follow his will. He's the most forgiving out of everyone/thing.
Seriously? But I thought Muslims follow the Gospel of Jesus like Christians. And Jesus said "Love your enemies" and "Forgive those who sinned against you". Why would he say "love your enemies" if God didn't love his enemies?

omar ibrahim
04-13-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowerOfChrist
Seriously? But I thought Muslims follow the Gospel of Jesus like Christians. And Jesus said "Love your enemies" and "Forgive those who sinned against you". Why would he say "love your enemies" if God didn't love his enemies?
i brought to you ayaat fron the quran and ahadith fron the sunnah.However,God does not love everybody,and we believe that the Gospel has been changed.

From the Quran
"And yet there are some people,
who replace God with rivals,
loving them as God is loved.
But the believers love God more intensely"
(2:165)

"It was made attractive to people,
the love of things they crave;
women, sons, heaped-up heaps of gold and silver,
branded horses, cattle and will-tilled land.
But that is for the enjoyment of this worldly life,
But God, with Him is the beautiful homecoming"
(3:14)

"Say: If you love
your fathers, your sons, your brothers,
your spouses, your family ties,
the wealth you have gained,
the business you fear would decline, and
the dwellings of which you are fond,
more than you love God,
His messenger and
striving for God's cause (Jehad),
then wait until God
brings about His decision,
as God does not guide
those who are ungodly"

God loves:

those who do good deeds (2:195)
those who ask Him for forgiveness (2:222)
those who purify themselves (2:222)
those who are God-fearing (3:76)
those who are steadfast (3:146)
those who trust Him (3:159)
those who act justly (5:42)
those who strive for His cause (61:4)
those who follow His Prophet (3:31)

God does not love:

the aggressors (2:190)
the disbelievers (3:32)
those who inflict injustice (3:57)
evil (5:64) and evil doers (2:205)
those who are arrogant (4:36)
those who spend lavishly (6:141)

"You will not attain righteousness,
unless you give of that which you love" (3:92)
"They (the disbelievers) love this worldly life
more than the Hereafter" (16:107)

"O you believe ..
God has made you love the Faith,
and made it so beautiful in your hearts,
and has made you hate disbelief,
immorality and rebelliousness.
These are the righteous.
This is grace and bounty,
from God, as God is All-knowledgeable
and All-Wise" (49:6-8)

"Say (O Mohammed) "If you do love God,
follow me,
God will love you,
and forgive your sins,
as God is All-Forgiving, All-Merciful". (3:31)

"O you believe ..
Do not you love that God
Would forgive you?" (24:22)

From the Hadith

"God Almighty said: If My servant loves to meet
Me, I love to meet him, and if he hates to meet
Me, I hate to meet him." (narrated by Bukhari)

"God loves kindness when you deal with any
matter" (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)
"You will not enter Paradise until you have faith
and you will not have faith until you love one
another. Do you want me to tell you
something you can do to make you love one
another? Make it a habit to greet one another
with "Asalamu Alaykum" - peace upon you".
(narrated by Muslim)

"Give gifts to each other, as this will make you
love one another." (narrated by Muslim)

"The most loved person by God Almighty on the
Day of Judgement and nearest to Him is a just
ruler. And the most hated person by God
Almighty on the Day of Judgement and farthest
from Him is an unjust ruler."
(narrated by Tirmizi)
"If a Muslim loves his Muslim brother, he should
inform him." (narrated by Tirmizi)

God would say on the Day of Judgement:

"Where are those who love each other for the sake of My glory? Today I will shelter them with My shade, as there is no shade today except My shade"." (narrated by Muslim)

"God Almighty said: "My servant draws near to Me with nothing more loved by Me than the acts of worship that I have enjoined upon him. My servant continues to try to draw near to Me with more devotion, until I love him. When I love him, I will be his hearing with which he hears, his sight by which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, his feet on which he walks. When he asks Me for something, I will respond and when he takes refuge in Me, I will grant it to him. I do not hesitate in doing anything I intend to do as much as I hesitate in seizing the soul of My faithful servant; he hates death and I hate hurting him. But death is a must for him"."
(narrated by Bukhari)

"If God would love his servant He would call Archangel Gabriel and tell him "I love this person, therefore love him." And Gabriel would love him and call out in the heavens "God loves this person, therefore love him." And the inhabitants of the heavens would love him. Then he would be embraced by the people of this world. But if God would abhor his servant, He would call Gabriel and tell him "I abhor this person, therefore abhor him". And Gabriel would abhor him and call out in the heavens " God abhors this person, therefore abhor him." And the inhabitants of the heavens would abhor him. Then he would be abhorred by the people of this world." (narrated by Muslim)

"God Almighty said "I am as My servant expects Me to be. I am with him if he remembers Me. If he remembers Me to himself, I would remember him to Myself. And if he remembers Me in a gathering, I would remember him in a gathering, which is even better. And if My servant draws near to Me by a hand's span, I would draw near to him by an arm's length and if he draws near to Me by an arm's length, I would draw near to him by a fathom's length. And if My servant comes to me walking, I would go to him speeding." (narrated by Bukhari)

"A strong believer is better and more loved by God Almighty than a weak believer, although both bear goodness. Thus, seek eagerly what benefits you the most and seek God's help. Do not show weakness in your struggle and if something bad happens to you, do not say "if I had done so and so, then such and such would not have happened", but say "it was my destiny and God has allowed what He wished" , because the word 'if' in this context would open the door for Satan to work on you."

"A man came to the Prophet (may God's peace and blessings be upon him) and asked him "O God's Messenger, tell me of something I do to win God's love and people's love". The Prophet answered "Do not love this world, God would love you and do not have a longing for whatever people have, people would love you".
(narrated by Ibn-Majah)

"Visit one another from time to time, your love for each other will increase."
(narrated by al Bazzar)

"None of you will truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself".
(narrated by Bukhari)

"Whoever loves for God's sake, hates for God's sake, gives for God's sake and withholds for God's sake has a perfect faith."
(narrated by Abo Dawood)

"There are three characteristics whoever has them will taste the sweetness of faith: that God and His Messenger are more loved by him than everything else, that he loves or does not love a person only for God's sake and that he would hate to revert into disbelief just as he would hate to be thrown into fire." (narrated by Bukhari)

"There are seven whom God will shade with His shade on the Day when there is no shade except His; a just ruler, a youth who grew up in the worship of His Lord, a man whose heart is attached to mosques, two men who love each other only for God's sake, meeting and parting for that love, a man who resists the call of a woman of noble birth and beauty to commit fornication, but he refuses and says "I fear God", a man who gives charity secretly so that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given and a man whose eyes flood with tears whenever he remembers God in private."
(narrated by Bukhari)

"When a man asked the prophet, may God's peace and blessings be upon him, "O Messenger of God, when will the Day of Judgement be?", the Prophet replied, "What have you prepared for it?" he said, "I have not prepared for it a great deal of prayer, fasting nor charity, but I love God and His Messenger intensely," the Prophet said, "You will be with those whom you love."
(narrated by Bukhari)

FollowerOfChrist
04-14-2010, 06:56 AM
I could of sworn you guys were using verses from the NT to prove Jesus never claimed to be God. ;DWhat's the point of that if you believed the gospel's been changed. And ya'll also try to use the NT to prove Jesus never said eat unclean foods to me in the other thread. I don't know why ya'll constantly quote things from the NT then to prove stuff to us (Christians). Anyway, that's why I could never convert to Islam. There's no way God could hate anyone.

EllyDicious
04-17-2010, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
I don't think God brought us here to follow his will. I think he wants us to live our life the way we want to. He tests us.

FollowerOfChrist
04-17-2010, 08:14 PM
But if ya'll believe the Gospel has been changed, then why do ya'll use the NT to try to prove Jesus never clamed to be God. Kinda like ya'll was doing in the "Why do you bash Christians for eating unclean foods" thread. Anyways, this is why I can't be apart of Islam. There no way God can hate someone.

//-Asif-\\
04-18-2010, 04:47 AM
But if ya'll believe the Gospel has been changed, then why do ya'll use the NT to try to prove Jesus never clamed to be God. Kinda like ya'll was doing in the "Why do you bash Christians for eating unclean foods" thread. Anyways, this is why I can't be apart of Islam. There no way God can hate someone.
You said there is no way God can hate someone. If this was to be true than why, oh why, is there a Hell? I mean, you're Christian so you have to believe in Hell right? What is Hell's purpose? It is a place of punishment for those that have sinned against God, tarnished their relationship with God by disobeying Him and his Laws and following their own desires etc.

If God loved everyone in the way that you say he does why would there need to be a Hell? God would just overlook all of man's sins and flaws and just let them all in Heaven after death? That wouldn't make sense. But that's right, you believe that God manifested himself into an undercover human being named Jesus and allowed himself to die for all of mankind sins so long as they believe and accept that he did such. We're all off the hook? The world doesn't seem to work that way so why would God work that way.

God loves his creation if they love him back. Whether they love him back or not he blesses mankind with many good in life. But those that disbelieve and are arrogant and worship those other than him, God doesn't really care much for those type of people so they'll be punished for their own wrongdoing. Not cause God hates them.

And as for what you said about Muslims believing the Gospel has been change. Yes, you're right. Muslims do believe the NT and OT are not in their original forms as they were when revealed to Moses/David/Jesus etc. The timespan of the writings of the Bible is believed to be some 2,000 years before Jesus and 200 years after. And during that time, human beings (Church leaders, Rabbis, respected priests, anonymous folk) have tampered with the messages. We believe this because the Qur'an says so. If you truly believe that the Qur'an is a revelation from God than you'd believe so too. A lot of Christians think that Muslims pick and choose verses of the Qur'an for their own benefit to prove that Islam is the truth or to prove that Jesus himself was just a prophet and other things. Muslims don't just blindly choose what's fact and fiction from the Bible, we have a criteria that lets us know that :The Qur'an.

First of all, it is important to know that if the Bibles of today, with all their versions and differences in the quantity of their "books" and "gospels", were in fact the Original Holy Word of GOD Almighty, completely unaltered, untampered, unchanged, unsubtracted and unadded then there would be no need for the Holy Qur'an. The revelation of the Qur'an came down to CONFIRM the truth that exists in the scriptures of Jews/Christians ("People of the Book") and filter out the truth from the fabrications, falsities and BS. The Qur'an only recognizes the Bible as a HISTORY BOOK with errors and man's alteration in it when originally it was much more because they were the Laws that Moses and Jesus had revealed and preached the same message that Islam carries today. Anything in the Bible that agrees 100% with what is in the Qur'an is valid, and anything else that has even the slightest disagreement with the Qur'an is discarded.

That is why Muslims believe only in parts of the Bible that agree with what is in the Holy Qur'an. The Qur'an has detailed stories of Prophets Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Moses, David, Solomon, Job, Jonah, John the Baptist,Jesus and other Biblical figures. They are the correct, reliable stories because they are coming directly from God, his 1st person words with no additions by Muhammad or anyone else.

Hope that helped, bro. :)

omar ibrahim
04-18-2010, 06:32 AM
because you dont believe in quran so we show you the proves in the bible itself.Although muslims believe that the gosbel has beeen changed but we believe there are still some words of God

Do you want God to love arrogant and criminals and people who even disbelieve in him, you are a bit strange.

marwen
04-18-2010, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EllyDicious
I don't think God brought us here to follow his will. I think he wants us to live our life the way we want to. He testes us.
How can God test us if wants us to live the way we want. There must be a right way of living to pass the test, no?

FollowerOfChrist
04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Omar Ibrahim, that only seems strange to you because you don't believe in peace. God knows if you love everybody and you're not angry with people all the time, you'll be much happier. God's love is infinite. And the by the way, the majority of the world believes that. Strange (abnormal) is when you're not like the rest of the world. How is that abnormal or strange?

جوري
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
every day more than the day before it becomes apparent to me why this verse is so befitting of christians
2:171] The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom.

sob7an Allah..

where is all that love starting from the crusades unto now? how much loving is there in half those wars that you start against innocent people the Muslim world over? you must need a special brand of hypocrisy to be a practicing christian!

PouringRain
04-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Anyway, that's why I could never convert to Islam. There's no way God could hate anyone.
Malachi 1:2-3 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Romans 9:13-15 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

It seems to me that you are misunderstanding and misinterpreting "hate" and also "love." It also seems to me that you are closing your ears and eyes in order to selectively see and hear what you want to assume to be correct rather than what is.

FollowerOfChrist
04-19-2010, 04:19 AM
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. You have NO BUSSINESS quoting the bible if you think it's been changed. God simply meant he CHOOSE Jacob over Esau. Jesus's statement "Love you enemies" is enough proof God loves all humanity.

PouringRain
04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. You have NO BUSSINESS quoting the bible if you think it's been changed. God simply meant he CHOOSE Jacob over Esau. Jesus's statement "Love you enemies" is enough proof God loves all humanity.
I never said that the Bible was changed. I am a Christian. I know quite well what the verses mean. My issue is not with the Bible, but with the way you are misunderstanding and misinterpreting things in order to make them say what you want them to say. Even in this thread alone you quote a member, and then respond to him in a way that is completely contrary to what he said. It shows your eyes and ears are closed. You ignore the things you want to. There was more than one person in this thread who said that God loves all people, but hates the sin or favors those who keep his will, etc. As a Christian, I agree. God may be all loving and all forgiving, but there will be punishment for those who are not in his will. He favors those who are his own. You want to take the words "love" and "hate" and make them black and white when they suit you, but not when they don't, such as in the verses I quoted. That much is easy to tell from the onset of this thread.

Love and hate are not concrete nouns. If a Muslim said "God loves those who follow him and hates those who do not" and the Bible says "Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated"... you are placing your own interpretation on the word "hate" in each of those sentences, when in reality are they not showing the same thing? They are both showing a preference for one over the other, based upon the actions of the intended. The Christian God is no different. Yes he is loving and forgiving, but he also will judge the sins of man and punish those who do not keep his commands.

Matthew 23:32-39 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Luke 12: 5, 8-10 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear Him... I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

I could list verses for hours where God says he will punish those who are not doing his will. Matthew 7:21-23 "“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" You can read Matthew 25:31-46 on your own. I've quote enough already.

Ramadhan
04-20-2010, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
every day more than the day before it becomes apparent to me why this verse is so befitting of christians
2:171] The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom.

sob7an Allah..

where is all that love starting from the crusades unto now? how much loving is there in half those wars that you start against innocent people the Muslim world over? you must need a special brand of hypocrisy to be a practicing christian!
This is also a verse that describes accurately such people (QS. 3:19)

Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in calling to account.

FollowerOfChrist
04-21-2010, 01:35 AM
If you're Christian, then you should know it's totally against our theology to say God hates anyone. Sure he punishes those who don't follow him and don't believe in him. But he still LOVES them. It's the same thing as a father punishing his son for doing something wrong, and even though his son did something wrong, THE FATHER STILL LOVES HIS SON. It's the exact same concept. In fact, leviticus 19:18 tell us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. Your neighbor could be ANYBODY. Including someone who doesn't love you back.

Woodrow
09-04-2010, 06:10 PM
But if ya'll believe the Gospel has been changed, then why do ya'll use the NT to try to prove Jesus never clamed to be God. Kinda like ya'll was doing in the "Why do you bash Christians for eating unclean foods" thread.
For the simple reason is because you believe the NT to be true and unchanged. You would not accept the Qur'an as a reference source, however, you may see that even the reference source you accept, does not support what you profess to believe.

Anyways, this is why I can't be apart of Islam. There no way God can hate someone.
As you read through old threads in this forum you will discover a few things you may not have anticipated to find. Many of us here (Myself included) said essentially the same words you are now saying, during our years following Paulism in the belief we were Christians. During our Christian years we loved and worshiped an idealistic man-made concept. after we came to Islam we learned to truly love Jesus(as) and not what we were told was Jesus(as).

When I was Christian I thought I loved Jesus(as) after coming to Islam I came to truly Love Jesus(as).

Now to get back to your quote. love and hate are human emotions, Allaah(swt) is beyond the need of emotions. We can not even contemplate the concepts of love and hate as they relate to him. But we do know that all who reject and transgress against him and die without repenting will face eternal punishment. If you believe Allaah(swt) prepared Hell for the transgressors because he loves them, why should I object. You are free to state your opinions and views.

MEG
09-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Hello!

This is my second post on this forum and thought it would be appropriate because I came here to learn how Muslims view God.

As said before, Christians are told to love everyone, to pray for those who persecute us and to overcome good with evil. We believe that God is the Merciful Saviour and Just Judge for everyone. Everything about God is unmeasurable, which is why we will never realise how much He loves us until we meet Him. We are told that "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."- John 4

Here is a quote from the book of Mathew:

"... But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven... For if you love them that love you, what reward shall you have? do not even the publicans this? And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more? do not also the heathens this? Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect.

This means that a perfect person does not only do things when he will get something in return. God does not do this either. A perfect person does not only love those who love him. God, who is infinitely perfect does not only love those who love Him.

This is how Christians know God, so find it difficult to imagine Him only loving those who love Him back.

Woodrow
09-11-2010, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MEG
Hello!

This is my second post on this forum and thought it would be appropriate because I came here to learn how Muslims view God.

As said before, Christians are told to love everyone, to pray for those who persecute us and to overcome good with evil. We believe that God is the Merciful Saviour and Just Judge for everyone. Everything about God is unmeasurable, which is why we will never realise how much He loves us until we meet Him. We are told that "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."- John 4

"... But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven... For if you love them that love you, what reward shall you have? do not even the publicans this? And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more? do not also the heathens this? Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect.

This means that a perfect person does not only do things when he will get something in return. God does not do this either. A perfect person does not only love those who love him. God, who is infinitely perfect does not only love those who love Him.

This is how Christians know God, so find it difficult to imagine Him only loving those who love Him back.
In my nearly half a century as a Christian, I can understand that. But I found that the attempts to give Human attributes to Allaah(swt) gave my former Christian view a very restricted view of the infinite love and mercy of Allaah(swt)

God(swt) has no need of us, we can not harm nor affect him. It is our own choice that will bring us Allaah(swt)'s rewards or punishments. Allaah(swt) does love all of us, but we have to accept his love and repent of our sins. It is our choice if we gather the love or hate of Allaah(swt) We ourselves choose if we want his infinite love or his infinite hate.

جوري
09-11-2010, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Malachi 1:2-3 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Romans 9:13-15 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

It seems to me that you are misunderstanding and misinterpreting "hate" and also "love." It also seems to me that you are closing your ears and eyes in order to selectively see and hear what you want to assume to be correct rather than what is.
Hello!

Does your god love non-Christians?

MEG
09-11-2010, 06:01 PM
In my nearly half a century as a Christian, I can understand that. But I found that the attempts to give Human attributes to Allaah(swt) gave my former Christian view a very restricted view of the infinite love and mercy of Allaah(swt)

God(swt) has no need of us, we can not harm nor affect him. It is our own choice that will bring us Allaah(swt)'s rewards or punishments. Allaah(swt) does love all of us, but we have to accept his love and repent of our sins. It is our choice if we gather the love or hate of Allaah(swt) We ourselves choose if we want his infinite love or his infinite hate
I agree. We can't give human attributes to God, which is why it's so difficult to be perfect for Him. God does have no need for us, but wants to share His eternal love with us. Because God is loving, He has given us free will, even though it means we may choose satan.

Yes.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek: there is neither bond nor free: there is neither male nor female..."

"And other sheep I have, that are not of this fold..."

"And if he shall lose one of them, doth he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert, and go after that which was lost, until he find it?"

Zafran
09-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Salaam

In the bible its clear God loves the ones that follow and obey God and love God with all there heart - How can christians claim God loves all when they believe that non christians are going to hell?

peace

Ummu Sufyaan
09-12-2010, 02:43 AM
the way i look at it, is if you haven't fulfill reasons for that particular person/thing to love you, then how can you expect them to love you.

for example, you may have a particular preferences about a life partner in the way they look like, or perhaps even their manners, job, wealth, etc. thus, if you had met someone that didn't look how you wanted them/didn't meet your expectations, are you going to like/love them? no.
does that mean you are unfair or that you are unjustice to them? no.
is there any blame on you for rejecting that person after you have made clear what your prefer in a life partner? no.
is there a blame on that person to keep expecting your love, despite the fact that they have done nothing to earn it? yes.

So what about in relation to God. if we have done nothing but disobey him, why should we expect His love. we must fulfill our end of the bargain as well....its only fair.

its our own fault if we reject His message after its been made clear (which it has been). You cant go around playing victim when you haven't bothered fulfilling the requirements to attain His love. does that make sense to you?

give me a good reason why you should consider them a life partner if they have not fulfilled the expectations. we don't live in a Hollywood movie, we live in reality so its best we get real.

FollowerOfChrist
09-12-2010, 03:21 AM

C'mon, sister!!!! What do you mean "Does your God?" Christians and Muslims both supposedly believe in the God of Abraham. And now you're trying to make it sound as if we have different God[s]. God is God. Anyway, yes, in Christian theology God loves everybody. That includes sinners, rapists, killers, kidnappers, robbers, adulteress, atheists, or whatever.

جوري
09-12-2010, 04:41 AM
C'mon, sister!!!! What do you mean "Does your God?" Christians and Muslims both supposedly believe in the God of Abraham. And now you're trying to make it sound as if we have different God[s]. God is God. Anyway, yes, in Christian theology God loves everybody. That includes sinners, rapists, killers, kidnappers, robbers, adulteress, atheists, or whatever.
you worship a middle eastern man named Jesus.. and we worship the one who has created him, so how can we believe in the same god?
if your god loves everyone then why the need for many of you to go out 'preaching the good word' by force as well subjugate others in the process while stealing their wealth for millenniums worth of every imaginable warfare? if your god loves everyone then it wouldn't matter who is a jew or a hindu, or a Zoroastrian for that matter .. did you even bother read what your fellow christian quoted directly from your book? why all the contradictions and hypocrisy?

you should start by addressing those angry Jesusans by wtc. it seems your govt has committed a crime, pinned it on others, and finds so much value in rehashing it to foster all that Jesus love on daily basis by spreading hatred and instigating wars all over the middle east...

hypocrites in every way imaginable!

FollowerOfChrist
09-12-2010, 08:08 AM

you worship a middle eastern man named Jesus.. and we worship the one who has created him, so how can we believe in the same god?
if your god loves everyone then why the need for many of you to go out 'preaching the good word' by force as well subjugate others in the process while stealing their wealth for millenniums worth of every imaginable warfare? if your god loves everyone then it wouldn't matter who is a jew or a hindu, or a Zoroastrian for that matter .. did you even bother read what your fellow christian quoted directly from your book? why all the contradictions and hypocrisy?

you should start by addressing those angry Jesusans by wtc. it seems your govt has committed a crime, pinned it on others, and finds so much value in rehashing it to foster all that Jesus love on daily basis by spreading hatred and instigating wars all over the middle east...

Listen , I was just simply answering you question. Now you wanna turn this into a debate. God is not like humans. He is not capable of hating anyone. That's what makes him better than all of us. We believe in the God of Abraham right? Longer than Muslims. We believe Jesus IS that God in the flesh. It's the Muslims understanding of who God is that is different. And WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!?! You can't make generalizations like that about Christians. A lot of people who represent Islam make the religion look bad. For example, I got muslim friends (mostly females) and most of them have abusive parents. I believe there's islamic folks that don't have crazy, psychotic, politcal beliefs like you do. I've never met one. And even though I never that doesn't a muslim that doesn't have nutty politcal beliefs, I'm not gonna make generalizations like you. What government talking about? Don't you know Muslims countries have some of the WORST government systems in the world. As a matter of fact, look at muslims countries compared Christian countries. There's been cases where rape victims have been stoned to death. And who stones people to death? Even the JEWS stopped doing that a minute ago. Why are y'all still doing it? The BIRTHPLACE of Islam is still doing it. I was just answersing your question. I really don't wanna argue with you, sweetie. You have HAVE this arguement.

FollowerOfChrist
09-12-2010, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Salaam

In the bibkle its clear God loves the ones that follow and obey God and love God with all there heart - How can christians claim God loves all when they believe that non christians are going to hell?

peace
First of all, start paying attention to the posts. What does "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" mean? What does that mean? Just because G-d punishes you doesn't mean he doesn't love you. My parents punished me for all the bad I did. I almost NEVER obeyed their rules. They STILL love me even though I didn't obey them. And that's the same thing with G-d. Do you get it yet?

Jennoula
09-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi,

This is my first post in this forum.
What had me interested in this thread was its title “In Islam, does God love everybody?” Yet, going through the messages I noticed that the discussion has shifted to whether God loves everyone according to the Christian doctrine. Allow me to stick with the initial subject.

From the second surah already humanity is categorized in three groups: the believers, the disbelievers and the hypocrites.

So, let us see how Allah feels about the disbelievers:

S2:06: As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not.
S2:07: Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.
S2:19: Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder and the flash of lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears by reason of the thunder-claps, for fear of death, Allah encompasseth the disbelievers (in His guidance, His omniscience and His omnipotence).
S2:39: But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein.
S2:98: Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers.
S2:104: O ye who believe, say not (unto the Prophet): "Listen to us" but say "Look upon us," and be ye listeners. For disbelievers is a painful doom.

The examples can be numerous but I suppose the above are enough to support my point of view. I wonder though how it is that for Muslims the above are statements proving Allah is an all-loving God.

And by the way, what is the point of free will when the consequences don't offer any alternative other than paradise or eternal fire?

MEG
09-12-2010, 10:09 AM

I am surprised at how ignorant the message in this post is. Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God, but have different beliefs about Him. They are all the Abrahamic religions. Christians believe that "He came unto his own", Muslims don't, but there is only one God so how could you believe that you believe in a different god?

Who ever preaches the Word of God by force is in the minority and is sinning. I don't know how you came up with 'many of you'. And I don't know what you mean by every imaginable warfare. That is something involving the American government and sheepish British government, it has nothing to do with Christians. The governments are also protecting those women who are having acid thrown in their face for receiving higher education.

God does love the Jews, Hindus and Zoroastrians. He doesn't only love those who can return the favour. If He only loves those who love Him, then why did He persist when the Israelites kept turning to idols and sacrificing their cihldren in pagan traditions?

The reason why there are different interpretations is because some people ignore Sacred Tradition, removed a lot from the Bible, adjusted it and don't take into account cultural aspects. Regardless, of this, the message of Christ remains the same. We still have the original Bible however and the churches are slowly being reunited, so please don't accuse it of contradictions.

And I'm sorry to say to make your argument meaningless, but the American government has nothing to do with Christianity.

Half of what I wrote wasn't to do with this thread :hmm:

جوري
09-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Listen ,
EDITED by Woodrow (Offending word removed from original reply)
I was just simply answering you question. Now you wanna turn this into a debate.
I am not debating you, I am telling you things as viewed by others!
God is not like humans.
is that so? is that why he prayed to himself, da mned the earth for not bearing him fruit and then later self-immolated?
He is not capable of hating anyone. That's what makes him better than all of us.
see previous comment above including that out of your own book!
We believe in the God of Abraham right?
Who is the God of Abraham? is it Jesus?
Longer than Muslims.
Really how so? Paganism can't be made akin to monotheism, Zoroastrianism is even older than Christianity-- it doesn't make it anymore credible!
We believe Jesus IS that God in the flesh.
Indeed.. a mangod that leaves the universe behind to descend in west Asia can no longer be in keeping with strict monotheism, let alone the laws of logic!
It's the Muslims understanding of who God is that is different.
actually no, you are utterly monolithic in your beliefs.. no religion that came before or after christianity that is on the path of Abraham (Mandeans, Sabeans, Judiasm, Islam) believe in a self-immolating mangod to be the God of Abraham!
And WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!?! You can't make generalizations like that about Christians.
You represent yourselves and you have been representing yourselves like unleashed satanists!
A lot of people who represent Islam make the religion look bad.
This concerns me how? It is utterly inconsequential to me, how you view Islam!
For example, I got muslim friends (mostly females) and most of them have abusive parents. I believe there's islamic folks that don't have crazy, psychotic, politcal beliefs like you do. I've never met one. And even though I never that doesn't a muslim that doesn't have nutty politcal beliefs, I'm not gonna make generalizations like you. What government talking about? Don't you know Muslims countries have some of the WORST government systems in the world. As a matter of fact, look at muslims countries compared Christian countries. There's been cases where rape victims have been stoned to death. And who stones people to death? Even the JEWS stopped doing that a minute ago. Why are y'all still doing it? The BIRTHPLACE of Islam is still doing it. I was just answersing your question. I really don't wanna argue with you, sweetie. You have HAVE this arguement.
I don't know what this diatribe is all about, I suggest you work on it, on your own private time, as I really haven't the time nor the interest to dignify gibber with a response.
However I'd refrain from calling me sweetheart, if you have a desire of membership sustainability on this forum, we don't take kindly to pornographic sentiments!

all the best

Ummu Sufyaan
09-12-2010, 12:10 PM
@ follower of Christ, i'll leave The Vales Lily to reply to you if she so wants, but if you dare refer to any sisters here as "sweet heart" and the likes, i will personally make sure that your time here is cut short. i hope i have made myself clear.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Love Love Love is the only thing i see Christians preaching. with all this talk about love, 1. One wouldn't be blamed for thinking they were perfect 2. one also wouldn't be blamed for thinking they knew that loved turned sour...it doesn't take that much brains to figure it out and it certainly doesn't need all this going around in unnecessary circles.

it would be that much more better if they actually put their money where mouths are and implemented what they preach.

I would have thought that if one loves another that you don't make fabrications about him and/or speak on his behalf. Poor Isa, aleyhiasallam for the lies they attribute to him imsad. Who likes things being spoken to about them in their behalf without their permission....doesn't sound like love to me.

Ramadhan
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jennoula
The examples can be numerous but I suppose the above are enough to support my point of view. I wonder though how it is that for Muslims the above are statements proving Allah is an all-loving God.
The fact that you are still breathing and writing down the sentences above (and maybe leads a very comfortable life) while disbelieving in Allah SWT who created you and sustains you is itself undeniable proof that Allah SWT provides boundless mercy (what you prefer to call as "love") to everyone, even the disbelievers.
Now, the act of disbelieving in Him is your own choice, and everyone will be judged in the most just manner.

Ramadhan
09-12-2010, 06:14 PM
I am surprised at how ignorant the message in this post is. Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God, but have different beliefs about Him. They are all the Abrahamic religions. Christians believe that "He came unto his own", Muslims don't, but there is only one God so how could you believe that you believe in a different god?
I am surprised at the level of ignorance in your message.
Let me write it in black and white so that no one else attempt to confuse everything by using so many meaningless words.

Muslims ------> declare that there is no god but Allah, and worship The One God.
Christians -----> declare that God is a three person entities with the Father, the Son (who is a man born in Jerusalem 2,000 years ago) and uh...... oh yes... Holy Spirit! (this third person very rarely spoken about by christians that it is almost an afterthought whose purpose is to complete the trinity concept)

So, Muslims and christians definitely NOT worship the same god. You worship a human being (among others), we worship The One God.

Who ever preaches the Word of God by force is in the minority and is sinning. I don't know how you came up with 'many of you'. And I don't know what you mean by every imaginable warfare. That is something involving the American government and sheepish British government, it has nothing to do with Christians. The governments are also protecting those women who are having acid thrown in their face for receiving higher education.
Right. So the christian governments protecting women by killing a millions of them in afghanistan and Iraq?
Or, should I even mention "Rwanda" to remind our loving non-violent christian leaders?

God does love the Jews, Hindus and Zoroastrians. He doesn't only love those who can return the favour. If He only loves those who love Him, then why did He persist when the Israelites kept turning to idols and sacrificing their cihldren in pagan traditions?
God have mercy on everyone, but He rewards and punishes us according to our own deeds, and in the hereafter only His pardons and mercy that will save us.

The reason why there are different interpretations is because some people ignore Sacred Tradition, removed a lot from the Bible, adjusted it and don't take into account cultural aspects.
It seems to me that christianity is 0.1% what Jesus pbuh taught, and 99.9% what Paul and other folks commanded.

Regardless, of this, the message of Christ remains the same. We still have the original Bible however and the churches are slowly being reunited, so please don't accuse it of contradictions.
original bible?
which one is that?
the one that was written during the time of Jesus pbuh?
I'd like to read it.

Oh yes, there are countless contradictions in some mainstream versions of the bible (God knows how many versions there are), you may want to venture to the comparative religion section to read some related threads.

And I'm sorry to say to make your argument meaningless, but the American government has nothing to do with Christianity.

fair enough.

MEG
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
Love Love Love is the only thing i see Christians preaching. with all this talk about love, 1. One wouldn't be blamed for thinking they were perfect 2. one also wouldn't be blamed for thinking they knew that loved turned sour...it doesn't take that much brains to figure it out and it certainly doesn't need all this going around in unnecessary circles.

it would be that much more better if they actually put their money where mouths are and implemented what they preach.

I would have thought that if one loves another that you don't make fabrications about him and/or speak on his behalf. Poor Isa, aleyhiasallam for the lies they attribute to him imsad. Who likes things being spoken to about them in their behalf without their permission....doesn't sound like love to me.

Christians preach love because we are told "love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart... Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets". Of course we can never live up to His expectations, which is why we repent. You do the same, do you not?

Please don't tell us we are lying. Anyone who knows the basics of Christianity knows that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity and that Christ taught to pray for those who persecute us. If you tell us that that isn't in the Bible, then you must be reading that 'knitter's bible' that Waterstones is selling.

Any way, can't we just agree to disagree? Unless you believe in multiple gods, I don't know how you can accuse Christians of believing in a god different to yours. Of course we have different beliefs about Him, but I also have a different opinion of my boyfriend to my mum. Doesn't mean I have two boyfriends and that my mum is lying about him. It's what she believes his personality to be.

Anyway, to conclude my discovery, I have the impression from these posts, that in Islam, God doesn't love everybody and that if you don't have the Islamic belief, then you are a liar. Is this correct?

Zafran
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Christians preach love because we are told "love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart... Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets". Of course we can never live up to His expectations, which is why we repent. You do the same, do you not?
agreed - If you want to know the answer of the question does God love everybody? - You should see how much the indivdual loves God. Why should God love somebody who doesnt care about God? and doesnt love God at all?

Jennoula
09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Naidamar,

I appreciate your effort but still I didn't get an answer to my question.
Reading the Qoran I didn't find any 'proof' that Allah loves us all; right the contrary. I was expecting an answer supported from the Qoran.
The fact that I am alive is a matter of biology. But even to that, your book says your God hates me so much that he will punish me in the afterlife, no?

syed_z
09-12-2010, 08:45 PM
(3:31) (O Messenger!) Tell people: 'If you indeed love Allah, follow me, and Allah will love you and will forgive you your sins. Allah is All-Forgiving, All-Compassionate.'

Allah (swt) love you if you follow the last of all Messengers , Seal of the Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (saw)...because obeying Prophet Muhammad is obeying God.

MEG
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
agreed - If you want to know the answer of the question does God love everybody? - You should see how much the indivdual loves God. Why should God love somebody who doesnt care about God? and doesnt love God at all?
Thanks for this answer. So do you believe that God loves those who don't love Him (but don't hate Him either), but follow Him out of fear of hell?

Sorry, I'm trying to have a better understanding of Islamic beliefs.

As to answer your post, God loves everyone because He gave us all free will. He could force everyone to accept Him, but out of love, he wants us to accept Him of their own accord. Every sin is against God, be it atheism, idoltary, murder, lying, stealing, fighting etc... and God's mercy is enough itself to make me believe that God loves even the worst of people. It shows that God wants everyone in Heaven and is waiting for us to repent and return to Him. :)

marwen
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I liked many posts here ! and I want to add something : something confusing here is that we suppose that God's love should be like our human love. God's love is more vast. I think God has 3 levels or types of love :
1) the love for all human kinds : those who obey Him and also for those who disobey Him : it's Allah's MERCY which covers every creature. That's why Allah provides every human with livelihood (rizq) and gifts even to those who disobey Him and don't believe in Him. This mercy doesn't contradict the fact that the people who do sins/disbelieve deserve to get a proportional punishment in the afterlife.

2) a more higher type of love is given to the people who believe in God and try to know about Him. These people are the believers, and God loves them more than the others (disbelievers), and because of this love He gives them guidance (Hidayah) and forgiveness, and reward them for every good deed they make no matter how little are there good deeds.

3) another bigger love is reserved for believers who strive to please God and perfect their prayers and their worship and who show a big love for their God. God makes them close to Himself => Surat Al Waqi'ah (11) :

Those are the ones brought near [to Allah ]

Allah Does love everybody as Allah's mercy is covering everything and the love is more big for the people who love Him and obey Him.

And Allah knows Best !

aadil77
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
And by the way, what is the point of free will when the consequences don't offer any alternative other than paradise or eternal fire?
whats that supposed to mean? you get your chance and free will in this life, in the next life its gods will that decides where you'll end up - based upon your actions

aadil77
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM
The governments are also protecting those women who are having acid thrown in their face for receiving higher education.
Do you seriously accept this crap you're fed by the govt? killing millions in the process of 'protecting' a few?

Zafran
09-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks for this answer. So do you believe that God loves those who don't love Him (but don't hate Him either), but follow Him out of fear of hell?
No - God loves those that God chooses to love. A rapist can think that God loves him for being a rapist is beyond me - is that what you believe that God loves the rapists for putting the rape victim in so much trauma?

As to answer your post, God loves everyone because He gave us all free will. He could force everyone to accept Him, but out of love, he wants us to accept Him of their own accord. Every sin is against God, be it atheism, idoltary, murder, lying, stealing, fighting etc... and God's mercy is enough itself to make me believe that God loves even the worst of people. It shows that God wants everyone in Heaven and is waiting for us to repent and return to Him
So do you believe the man who likes to rape people and does not show remorse is loved by God as much as the person who does not rape people?

جوري
09-12-2010, 10:27 PM

As to answer your post, God loves everyone because He gave us all free will. He could force everyone to accept Him, but out of love, he wants us to accept Him of their own accord. Every sin is against God, be it atheism, idoltary, murder, lying, stealing, fighting etc... and God's mercy is enough itself to make me believe that God loves even the worst of people. It shows that God wants everyone in Heaven and is waiting for us to repent and return to Him. :)
good to know your god will accept hitler, xedong and the gang in his heaven :)

all the best

aadil77
09-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Sorry, I'm trying to have a better understanding of Islamic beliefs.

Christians like to talk alot about love, love is a very strong emotion and you would have to possess some very specific qualities to qualify for gods love, thats why I do not agree that gods mercy is only given to those who He loves.

Straight forward answer is we cannot say for certain or speak on behalf of god and claim He loves everyone including those who blaspheme against Him, disbelieve in Him etc. We can't say for certain because we simply do not have the sufficient proof, what we can say is that god is merciful to everyone which does not automatically equal He loves everyone.

Zafran
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Naidamar,

I appreciate your effort but still I didn't get an answer to my question.
Reading the Qoran I didn't find any 'proof' that Allah loves us all; right the contrary. I was expecting an answer supported from the Qoran.
The fact that I am alive is a matter of biology. But even to that, your book says your God hates me so much that he will punish me in the afterlife, no?
That depends on how much you love Allah swt?

edit - one of the 99 names of God is Al Wadud the all loving.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Thats why Catholics and protestants love each other?

That’s why Christian missionaries love (read: take advantage of) those who are suffering in poverty? or maybe you give to the poor for your love of attention and good reputation with your other fellow Christians. hmmm...

I suppose love is the reason why you guy love invading islamicboards in hope to get some kind of reaction? Or maybe you love the sound of your own voice? And maybe...just maybe (and i do believe this is the real reason) that you can’t stand or admit the fact that Islam is the truth.

is love the reason you go to church as well? to show to everyone how much you love Jesus, peace be upon him.

Please don't tell us we are lying. Anyone who knows the basics of Christianity knows that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity and that Christ taught to pray for those who persecute us. If you tell us that that isn't in the Bible, then you must be reading that 'knitter's bible' that Waterstones is selling.
translation: i know you are right but i cant admit it. ha oh well, i'll just be a smart alec to make me look better and hope that will suffice to get my point ambiguous across. [/translation]

btw are you trying to be funny? because you doing a terrible job of it.

dont you guys have anything better to do? such as...ummmm....getting a life :><:.

Anyway, to conclude my discovery, I have the impression from these posts, that in Islam, God doesn't love everybody
well its about time something finally sunk in. Congratulations Sherlock. I mean its not like we’ve talking about it during the 4 pages of this thread! i guess i assume that there wont be further discussion from you about this :hmm:

and that if you don't have the Islamic belief, then you are a liar. Is this correct?
now you’re just putting word in our mouths.

Insaanah
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Muslims don't believe that we are God's chosen people, or assume that we are automatically deserving of God's love. It is through God's love for mankind that He repeatedly sent Messengers and books to guide people to the straight path. After that, there were some that followed God's guidance and those who didn't.

If there is a class of students, some are lazy and do nothing and get a fail mark, some work hard day and night on the syllabus and are worthy of distinctions, but the teacher gives them all pass marks, is that fair? Is that just? How can we ascribe the same unjustness to God?

We have a mass murderer and serial rapist on the one hand, and a devout, pious worshipper on the other, but God loves them both the same. That is not fair or just, and we cannot and should not ascribe such unjustness to God. I know God would love the repentance of the criminal, but here we are talking about loving him as is. If someone was (God forbid) raping your sister, would you stand there and say, "Well, I hate the act you're doing but boy, do I love you!"?

God makes one person die for the sins of the whole of humankind, and rather than each person being responsible for their own sins, he has to unjustly bear the burden. That is not Just and not fair. Again, we do not and will not ascribe such unjustness to God.

I know Christians will say, "But it was an act of love, for God so loved the world.." etc etc, but Muslims find making blood sacrifices of an innocent victim a strange way for one to resort to to have to demonstrate one's love.

My aim here is not "bash" Christianity, nor to offend anyone, neither to invite debate, but to point out how we see the Christian belief, as the Christians here seem to be having a hard time accepting the Muslim view, so you need to see things from the other side of the coin, and perhaps think about your own belief with regards to this as well.

You may not like the answer that the Muslims prior to me in the thread have given, indeed it may not sit comfortably with you at all, however in Islam we believe in a firm and just God.

We do not assume we have His love, but we hope for it and ask for it, and have the following lovely supplication:

"O Allah, I ask you for Your love, and the love of those who love You, and the love of every action that will bring me closer to Your love."

We hope for His mercy, and we worship Him not with love alone (because then a person can do anything and think and assume that God will love him all the same) but with a combination of love (We should be overwhelming in our love for Him), hope (since He is the One who is full of Mercy, and we hope He will forgive our mistakes and shortcomings) and fear (on the Day of Judgement, every person will stand before Allaah and account for his sins, knowing that not even the smallest action which he did is hidden from Allaah, and we remind ourselves of this Judgement and accountability and that should bring about in us a sense of fear).

Peace.

MEG
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
[/quote]Straight forward answer is we cannot say for certain or speak on behalf of god and claim He loves everyone including those who blaspheme against Him, disbelieve in Him etc. We can't say for certain because we simply do not have the sufficient proof, what we can say is that god is merciful to everyone which does not automatically equal He loves everyone.[quote]

Thank you for explaining this.

Now to reply to the next post:

Thats why Catholics and protestants love each other?
Yes.

That’s why Christian missionaries love (read: take advantage of) those who are suffering in poverty? or maybe you give to the poor for your love of attention and good reputation with your other fellow Christians. hmmm...
I was unaware of Christian missionaries taking advantage of the poor. There is strong teaching that we must not try to let people know when we do good works so that our only rewards are from God. However, this does not apply to charities because they would fail if done in secret.

I suppose love is the reason why you guy love invading islamicboards in hope to get some kind of reaction? Or maybe you love the sound of your own voice? And maybe...just maybe (and i do believe this is the real reason) that you can’t stand or admit the fact that Islam is the truth.
I'm not trying to get a reaction. I'm trying to learn about Islam and I am also going to reply to offensive posts like yours so that you don't remain ignorant. Why are you so angry at me for being a Christian? I love learning about religion and my best friend is a Muslim, so I have sparked an interest in Islam. Please tell me why you are so against this. If you aren't against this then I apologise but you need to take a look at the impression that your replies are giving.

is love the reason you go to church as well? to show to everyone how much you love Jesus, peace be upon him.
Yes love is the reason why I go to Church as well, but I'm not bothered about demonstrating to others. I do it because I want to be closer to God and keep the Sabbath day holy.

I won't bother replying to the rest because I don't actually think you are interested anyway. Please accept that I want to learn about Islam. You should be proud of your religion and accept this gracefully. If you are against Christians being on here, then I simply don't care lol.

Muslims don't believe that we are God's chosen people, or assume that we are automatically deserving of God's love. It is through God's love for mankind that He repeatedly sent Messengers and books to guide people to the straight path. After that, there were some that followed God's guidance and those who didn't.
Insaanah, Thank you for clarifying that and thanks for the rest of your post, but I would be quoting too much to reply to everything individually.

Do Muslims believe in the Old and New Covenant? I'm not sure you do, but if you don't then that would explain a lot. To clarify, I will try to summarise it for you: (Old Covenant)Because the Israelites were commanded to sacrifice one of their animals (preferably a first born, male Lamb) to attone for their sins, Jews are waiting for an opportunity to rebuild their temple so that they may do this once again. (New Covenant) Christians would be doing this also if we didn't believe that Christ is The Lamb of the New Covenant- the perfect and everlasting sacrifice.

No offence was taken by your post by the way and please don't take offense about beliefs about Christ from non-Muslims. We are obviously going to have our own opinions. I don't have a problem accepting the Islamic beliefs, it's only when I'm accused of being a liar (by a certain member) when I'm not even a Muslim :/ I would love for this thread to return to it's original tone.

MEG
09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I forgot to state something in my last post, but I have just come to realise this.

As a Muslim, what is your definition of love? I believe that Christians have a different definition of love, which would explain a lot.

Woodrow
09-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I forgot to state something in my last post, but I have just come to realise this.

As a Muslim, what is your definition of love? I believe that Christians have a different definition of love, which would explain a lot.
Love is a very limited self serving human emotion. While it is a beautiful emotion, it is designed for humans and is the fulfillment of human fairness and mercy towards each other. .

Allaah(swt) is beyond the concept of love as he is without needs and is perfection without equal. Allaah(swt) is all Just, all merciful and all giving at a level that is very far beyond our puny thoughts of love.

MEG
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Love is a very limited self serving human emotion. While it is a beautiful emotion, it is designed for humans and is the fulfillment of human fairness and mercy towards each other. .

Allaah(swt) is beyond the concept of love as he is without needs and is perfection without equal. Allaah(swt) is all Just, all merciful and all giving at a level that is very far beyond our puny thoughts of love.
I didn't realise that Muslims believe this, so you believe that love is only a human attribute, or do you believe that the human concept of love isn't perfect enough?

Zafran
09-13-2010, 10:29 PM

what is the christian definition of love? Is a sinner loved as much as the person who does not sin?

In Islam one of the Gods 99 names is Al wadud meaning the Most loving. There is no higher love then the one who is Most loving

Zafran
09-13-2010, 10:44 PM
I didn't realise that Muslims believe this, so you believe that love is only a human attribute, or do you believe that the human concept of love isn't perfect enough?
One the 99 names of God is al Wadud - the most loving - as humans we can only grasp limited things - such as we can grasp mercy but not absoltue mercy which is one of the names of God - we can grasp love but not the most loving as we are limited creatures. The love that humans feel is a creation of God the most loving.

Woodrow
09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
The human concept of love while the most powerful of human emotions is insignificant in comparison of the attributes of Allaah(swt)

Karl
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
There seems to be a lot of anamosity between people here about Gods love, to make things really simple Allah loves all of His creation. But this is not on a personal level you must understand, it would be like a person saying "I love the sea" even though the sea can be full of sharks and really ugly fish.
"Love your enemies" has so many meanings, but I believe Jesus (PBUH) meant this on a political level. The Jews were very inward looking and phobic of other cultures and considered all non Jews as the enemy. He was trying to get them to rise above this small minded tribalism.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-14-2010, 01:01 AM
lol @ MEG, you must think im some kind of fool :D

جوري
09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
I have no idea what came into 'his own means' is that a euphemism to hide the self-immolating mangod fiasco?
How come that govt. can't protect women having acid on their face right at home?
another-acid-attack-2nd-woman-horribly-burned-in-the-face-in-under-a-week
So your god does love hitler and you can look forward to hovering around in a christian heaven right along with him? do I understand correctly?
The reason why there are different interpretations is because some people ignore Sacred Tradition, removed a lot from the Bible, adjusted it and don't take into account cultural aspects. Regardless, of this, the message of Christ remains the same. We still have the original Bible however and the churches are slowly being reunited, so please don't accuse it of contradictions.
What exactly is that message of christ?
actually Christianity is meaningless and you only serve to tighten the noose around your neck every time you spew that christian drivel!
if half of what you are writing has nothing to do with the thread then don't write it-- simple ey? use the old noodle..

all the best

جوري
09-14-2010, 02:42 AM
God doesn't love the evil doers (that has nothing to do with repentance) I'd be weary of a carte blanche god but what does one expect from a self-immolating god except perhaps to also kowtow to those who cause corruption upon the earth..

one often wonders how christians live with themselves, aside from the patent lunacy of those bible belters, and we are not soon to forget scenes as such

http://www.naqatube.com/view_video.p...ic&category=rf

clearly harassing young children them know that there is evil in them and they are going to hell if they don't believe in a self-immolating mangod who couldn't even save himself, but in every day actions toward other nations, let's not forget their equally petty attempts in impoverished nations where they are the cause of poverty and misery, but simply in their smarmy hypocritical approach right here on board.. truly they represent themselves wherever they go in the same sickening style, and then have the temerity to speak of 'love' well go love yourself as clearly the term denotes something entirely different in your vocabulary .. I believe abu gharib love sums it up.. sick and sadistic!

all the best

MEG
09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
what is the christian definition of love? Is a sinner loved as much as the person who does not sin?

In Islam one of the Gods 99 names is Al wadud meaning the Most loving. There is no higher love then the one who is Most loving
Yes the sinner is loved just as much. The word used for love in the New Testament is 'agape'. If someone has agape for another, they are giving them love which is undeserved. They will go out of their way to give the other what is best for them. God demonstrates agape by providing us sinners with prophets, allowing to pray, repent etc... He allows us to enter heaven even after sining against Him and we believe that God is constantly trying to call back those who are astray.

The human concept of love while the most powerful of human emotions is insignificant in comparison of the attributes of Allaah(swt)
I agree.

There seems to be a lot of anamosity between people here about Gods love, to make things really simple Allah loves all of His creation. But this is not on a personal level you must understand, it would be like a person saying "I love the sea" even though the sea can be full of sharks and really ugly fish.
"Love your enemies" has so many meanings, but I believe Jesus (PBUH) meant this on a political level. The Jews were very inward looking and phobic of other cultures and considered all non Jews as the enemy. He was trying to get them to rise above this small minded tribalism.
This is a good reply. It is a bit like Agape, Eros and Philia. I agree that Jesus was teaching the Jews to rise aboce small minded tribalism, but by 'love your enemies', I don't believe He meant to go out of our way and to go near those who are dangerous, but to want what is best for them. For example, if someone tried to kill me and later asked for forgiveness, I would be required to forgive them, but that doesn't mean I should put myself in danger again and keep intouch with them. I would also be required to prosecute them in the hopes that they will change their ways. Likewise, God will forgive that criminal if they repent and intend to change, but they are still required to atone for their sin.

I have no idea what came into 'his own means' is that a euphemism to hide the self-immolating mangod fiasco?
'his own' is us. And yes, but not in the offensive way that you phrased it.

How come that govt. can't protect women having acid on their face right at home?
I believe that the article answers your question: "an unknown woman jumped out from hiding behind a carport near Valarde's parking space, at the Vista Grove apartments near Southern Avenue and Val Vista Drive, threw acid in her face and on her chest, then ran away."

So your god does love hitler and you can look forward to hovering around in a christian heaven right along with him? do I understand correctly?
'Your god'. Are there two? And yes, I do believe that He loves Hitler, but I have no right to judge his soul- only God does. Hitler probably had mental problems, which could have affected his moral reasoning, or maybe he repented at death and is now being purified in Purgatory (I won't describe Purgatory in this post) or he may have rejected God's mercy and been sent to hell.

[quote]
What exactly is that message of christ?
[quote]

If you want to know this from a Catholic perspective, you would need to read the Bible and then read the Catechism as there is too much to write.

actually Christianity is meaningless and you only serve to tighten the noose around your neck every time you spew that christian drivel!
That was a funny statement to make. Do you like others to be aware of your religious intolerance?

if half of what you are writing has nothing to do with the thread then don't write it-- simple ey? use the old noodle.
Half of what I wrote wasn't to do with this thread because half of what is being said is insults about Christianity.

one often wonders how christians live with themselves, aside from the patent lunacy of those bible belters, and we are not soon to forget scenes as such
That man was creepy. But saying that all Christians are like that is like me saying that all Muslims support terrorism. Do understand what reasoning you have just used?

aadil77
09-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Yes the sinner is loved just as much. The word used for love in the New Testament is 'agape'. If someone has agape for another, they are giving them love which is undeserved. They will go out of their way to give the other what is best for them. God demonstrates agape by providing us sinners with prophets, allowing to pray, repent etc... He allows us to enter heaven even after sining against Him and we believe that God is constantly trying to call back those who are astray.
Do you believe everyone will go to heaven, that is if god loves everyone?

Insaanah
09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Greetings, Meg,

Do Muslims believe in the Old and New Covenant?
We believe that prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) came to preach the same message that Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) had preached before him, and not to alter or abolish it. All the Prophets (peace be upon them) preached the same message that God had sent them to preach; to worship ONE God. The message didn't suddenly change when it came to Jesus (peace be upon him), with a three in one god.

To clarify, I will try to summarise it for you: (Old Covenant)Because the Israelites were commanded to sacrifice one of their animals (preferably a first born, male Lamb) to attone for their sins, Jews are waiting for an opportunity to rebuild their temple so that they may do this once again. (New Covenant) Christians would be doing this also if we didn't believe that Christ is The Lamb of the New Covenant- the perfect and everlasting sacrifice.
I know this is not the topic of the thread, but as this is the Discover Islam section, I will just take this opportunity to put forward the Muslim's viewpoint regarding what you have written re: the Christian concept of God's sacrifice.

In Islam we do not believe in the concept of original sin. We believe that all babies are born pure, innocent and free of sins, and are untainted by the burden of sins it is impossible for them to have committed.

God has no sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, or other relatives. God has no need to make sacrifices, and the idea that He did, is denigrating to His Power, suggesting that He couldn't do something or prove something without making a sacrifice, as well as this particular sacrifice ascribing the hugest injustice to Him with regards to all of humankind's sins being burdened onto one person. And we do not believe that any part of God did, or will ever, die. For He is Eternal, Immortal.

Peace.

Zafran
09-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes the sinner is loved just as much. The word used for love in the New Testament is 'agape'. If someone has agape for another, they are giving them love which is undeserved. They will go out of their way to give the other what is best for them. God demonstrates agape by providing us sinners with prophets, allowing to pray, repent etc... He allows us to enter heaven even after sining against Him and we believe that God is constantly trying to call back those who are astray
Isnt this God's mercy rather then "love" that he sends prophets and accepts peoples repentences and lets people in heaven?

The prophet Muhammad pbuh is known in Islam to be a mercy to all of humanity as God sent him as the last prophet to guide humanity after it went astray.

Woodrow
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I see Love as being an erroneous translation for the Greek Agape. Agape is much more in tune with what God is doing, showing unearned mercy for all people even those who have earned his hate.

The English word Love is much closer to being the Greek Eros.

Perhaps this discussion would not be taking place if the English translations simply stuck with the word agape and realized it has no counterpart in English.

جوري
09-17-2010, 01:57 AM
let's put it in the simplest terms, if the christian god loved everybody then there should be no hell.. what is the point of having god's love yet incurring his eternal wrath? hilarious no? how do they reconcile that?

Dagless
09-18-2010, 01:36 AM
let's put it in the simplest terms, if the christian god loved everybody then there should be no hell.. what is the point of having god's love yet incurring his eternal wrath? hilarious no? how do they reconcile that?
Interesting thread. I agree that if it was all love why would there be a hell. Hell isn't really the same as punishing your children, I mean it's suffering beyond human imagination... and to be there an eternity? Come on. As for Hitler having a mental illness; what about all those who followed him? Whatever you believe, love, hate, apathy; there has to be justice.

siam
09-18-2010, 03:01 AM
how do they reconcile anything in Christianity?...by doing mental acrobatics until you are so confused...you give up understanding it.....I don't "get it"---why are Christians so fixated on this "unconditional love" bussiness anyway?

جوري
09-18-2010, 01:49 PM

'his own' is us. And yes, but not in the offensive way that you phrased it.
his own is us? :lol: that definition is even better than what you have started off with!

I believe that the article answers your question: "an unknown woman jumped out from hiding behind a carport near Valarde's parking space, at the Vista Grove apartments near Southern Avenue and Val Vista Drive, threw acid in her face and on her chest, then ran away."
Actually it doesn't, they are hyper vigilant at carpet bombing entire villages and stripping people naked overseas to capture one elusive man, that they haven't caught yet, who keeps producing tapes around the clock, and by the same token they could do that here, carpet bomb streets to capture one crazy woman on the loose.. or what you don't agree with that philosophy? Do you think that is crazy? 'cause that is what your folks call 'casualties of war'

'Your god'. Are there two? And yes, I do believe that He loves Hitler, but I have no right to judge his soul- only God does. Hitler probably had mental problems, which could have affected his moral reasoning, or maybe he repented at death and is now being purified in Purgatory (I won't describe Purgatory in this post) or he may have rejected God's mercy and been sent to hell.
in fact I believe there are three! except when one god died and then you were left with two..
sure hitler was mentally ill-- that probably excuses him and hey jesus loves him!
so if he rejected the mercy of the god that he loves everyone regardless he'll go to hell? doesn't seem like a very loving god? or again, do you have a different definition for love that entails eternal dam nation

If you want to know this from a Catholic perspective, you would need to read the Bible and then read the Catechism as there is too much to write.
In fact I have spent my youth in a catholic school, I am well aware of your masses, your services and your beliefs, I was wondering if you could sum it up in something a bit more sensical than love that ends up with folks eternally in the abyss!
[/QUOTE]

That was a funny statement to make. Do you like others to be aware of your religious intolerance?
Do you find questions about your absurd assertions intolerant?

Half of what I wrote wasn't to do with this thread because half of what is being said is insults about Christianity.
In totality what I have written is an expose of Christianity

That man was creepy. But saying that all Christians are like that is like me saying that all Muslims support terrorism. Do understand what reasoning you have just used?
It doesn't bother me one bit if you view all Muslims as terrorists.. that is a definition your govt. concocted to separate Quran from Sunnah and shelf Islam as some sort of weekend relic, much akin to Christianity, but such will never be the case, because Islam is preserved by God and not the creation of idle men who were visited by a dead god with a message that contradicts his earlier scriptures!

all the best

Ramadhan
09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siam
how do they reconcile anything in Christianity?...by doing mental acrobatics until you are so confused...you give up understanding it.....I don't "get it"---why are Christians so fixated on this "unconditional love" bussiness anyway?
They have to.
"unconditional love" is a by product of "jesus died to absolve human sins"
Even if their own scripture does not support the idea.
even if they contradict each other that makes your head spinning.
While "jesus died to absolve human sins" is itself a by product of the 3-in-1 god concept.

You can thank Paul and his story (on the way to damascus) for that.

siam
09-20-2010, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
They have to.
"unconditional love" is a by product of "jesus died to absolve human sins"
Even if their own scripture does not support the idea.
even if they contradict each other that makes your head spinning.
While "jesus died to absolve human sins" is itself a by product of the 3-in-1 god concept.

You can thank Paul and his story (on the way to damascus) for that.
I suppose that's what happens when one tries to justify one wrong belief by piling on excuses that are equally unreasonable....(not to mention---"beyond belief"......);D

FollowerOfChrist
09-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry, Vale's. I won't call you sweetheart. I never knew that word was offensive, but I guess it is in Muslim culture, and it's not really surprising. I only brought up that other stuff because I was trying to be as random as you. "Christians are starting wars against Muslim countries", which is absolutely not true. You've been brain washed in the worst way. Not only that but it has ZERO to do with this topic. God IS NOT human. He does have negative humanly emotions. You can punish someone (send them to hell) and still love them. We both worship the God of Abraham. That whole "Christian evolved from Paganism" is a pretty weak arguement as well. Supposedly the virgin birth was taken from Paganism, so if that mean we stole that from Paganism, that mean Y'ALL got it from US.

جوري
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry, Vale's. I won't call you sweetheart.
It is unacceptable to be openly obnoxious, I am not sure how many western counterparts are OK with that either, but we don't value vulgarity even if your women do!
I never knew that word was offensive, but I guess it is in Muslim culture, and it's not really surprising.
You learn something new every day, hope this one sticks with you!
I only brought up that other stuff because I was trying to be as random as you. "Christians are starting wars against Muslim countries", which is absolutely not true. You've been brain washed in the worst way. Not only that but it has ZERO to do with this topic.
lol a mangod worshiper telling others of brainwashing? .. that is fresh, and thanks for the hearty chuckle!
God IS NOT human. He does have negative humanly emotions.
So Jesus wasn't god do I understand you correctly? because Jesus was human and according to you a human who died after a night in prayers to himself failed to avail him!
You can punish someone (send them to hell) and still love them.
lol.. so if someone burns you alive right now and keeps replacing your skin over and over so you feel the pain and (for eternity) while professing love for you, you'd be OK with it? Christians really are a hilarious bunch a hypocritical bunch as well but hilarious mostly!
You can keep that brand of love to yourself!
We both worship the God of Abraham.
No, you worship a man named Jesus!
That whole "Christian evolved from Paganism" is a pretty weak arguement as well.
It is actually not, everything about your religion is paganistic, from the celebrations to the attributes you assign to him!
Supposedly the virgin birth was taken from Paganism, so if that mean we stole that from Paganism, that mean Y'ALL got it from US.
work on your syntax -- your grammar seem to degenerate along with your ideology (if that is at all possible)!

all the best!

Muhammad
09-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Greetings,
In Islam, does God love everybody?
God is not like humans. He is not capable of hating anyone.
In the Qur'an, Allaah (swt) constantly speaks about the struggle between truth and falsehood (often likened to the difference between light and darkness) and the separation between believers and disbelievers. They have distinguishing characertistics in this world, and in the Hereafter the separation shall become even more apparent on the Day of Judgement and of course through Heaven and Hell.

When such a contrast exists between these two groups, how can it be possible for God to treat everyone the same? How can it be claimed that God should love everyone the same? Such a notion is illogical, would be unjust and defies the whole purpose for which mankind was created. In another thread, the concept of going to extremes in love has already been discussed and you may find it helpful to read some of the replies there: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ml#post1354241

Below I have provided the interpretation of the meanings of many verses in the Qur'an, in the hope of showing how God makes a clear distinction between believers and disbelievers, truth and falsehood, those things He loves and those things He hates. Allaah (swt) sets forth many examples and truly makes one think.

And say: "The truth has now come [to light], and falsehood has withered away: for, behold, all falsehood is bound to wither away!" [Qur'an 17:81]

Not equal are the dwellers of the Fire and the dwellers of the Paradise. It is the dwellers of Paradise that will be successful. [Qur'an 59: 20]

Is then he who is a believer like him who is a Fasiq (disbeliever and disobedient to Allah)? Not equal are they. As for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens (Paradise) as an entertainment for what they used to do. And as for those who are Fasiqun (disbelievers and disobedient to Allah), their abode will be the Fire, every time they wish to get away therefrom, they will be put back thereto, and it will be said to them: "Taste you the torment of the Fire which you used to deny." [Qur'an 32: 18-20]

Or do those who earn evil deeds think that We shall hold them equal with those who believe and do righteous good deeds, in their present life and after their death? Worst is the judgement that they make. [Qur'an 45: 21]

Those who disbelieve will be addressed (at the time of entering the Fire): "Allah's aversion was greater towards you (in the worldly life when you used to reject the Faith) than your aversion towards one another (now in the Fire of Hell, as you are now enemies to one another), when you were called to the Faith but you used to refuse." [Qur'an 40: 10]

If you disbelieve, then verily, Allah is not in need of you; He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you...[Qur'an 39: 7]

Is one who is obedient to Allah, prostrating himself or standing (in prayer) during the hours of the night, fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the Mercy of his Lord (like one who disbelieves)? Say: "Are those who know equal to those who know not?" It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allah's Signs and Verses). [Qur'an 39: 9]

Is, then, one against whom the Word of punishment is justified (equal to the one who avoids evil)? Will you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) rescue him who is in the Fire? [Qur'an 39: 19]

Is he whose breast Allah has opened to Islam, so that he is in light from His Lord (as he who is a non-Muslim)? So woe to those whose hearts are hardened against remembrance of Allah! They are in plain error! [Qur'an 39: 22]

Is he then, who will confront with his face the awful torment on the Day of Resurrection (as he who enters peacefully in Paradise)? And it will be said to the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers): "Taste what you used to earn!" [Qur'an 39: 24]

Is he who was dead and We gave him life and set for him a light (of belief) whereby he can walk amongst men -- like him who is in the (depths of) darkness from which he can never come out? (Qur'an 6:122)
The parable of the two parties is as that of the blind and the deaf and the seer and the hearer. Are they equal when compared? Will you not then take heed? (Qur'an 11:24)

Those who disbelieve, theirs will be a severe torment; and those who believe and do righteous good deeds, theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward. Is he, then, to whom the evil of his deeds is made fair-seeming, so that he considers it as good (equal to one who is rightly guided)? Verily, Allah sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. So destroy not yourself in sorrow for them. Truly, Allah is the All-Knower of what they do! [35: 7-8]

But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), for them is destruction, and (Allah) will make their deeds vain. That is because they hate that which Allah has sent down (this Qur'an and Islamic laws, etc.); so He has made their deeds fruitless. Have they not travelled through the earth, and seen what was the end of those before them? Allah destroyed them completely, and a similar (fate awaits) the disbelievers. That is because Allah is the Maula (Lord, Master, Helper, Protector, etc.) of those who believe, and the disbelievers have no Maula (lord, master, helper, protector, etc.). Certainly Allah will admit those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, to Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise); while those who disbelieve enjoy themselves and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode. And many a town, stronger than your town (Makkah) (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) which has driven you out We have destroyed. And there was none to help them. Is he who is on a clear proof from his Lord, like those for whom their evil deeds that they do are beautified for them, while they follow their own lusts (evil desires)? [Qur'an 47: 8-14]

Allah is the Wali (Protector or Guardian) of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into light. But as for those who disbelieve, their Auliya (supporters and helpers) are Taghut [false deities and false leaders], they bring them out from light into darkness. Those are the dwellers of the Fire, and they will abide therein forever. [Qur'an 2: 257]

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and after they bore witness that the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) is true and after clear proofs had come unto them? And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers). They are those whose recompense is that on them (rests) the Curse of Allah, of the angels, and of all mankind. They will abide therein (Hell). Neither will their torment be lightened, nor will it be delayed or postponed (for a while). Except for those who repent after that and do righteous deeds. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Qur'an 3: 85-89]

And Allah likes not the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers). [Qur'an 3: 140]

And spend [freely] in God's cause, and let not your own hands throw you into destruction; and persevere in doing good: behold, God loves the doers of good. [Qur'an 2: 195]

...For Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean. [Qur'an 2: 222]

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. [2: 190]

When he turns his back, His aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loveth not mischief. [Qur'an 2: 205]

Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked. [2: 276]

Say: "Obey Allah and His Messenger.: But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith. [3: 32]

"As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth not those who do wrong." [Qur'an 3: 57]

Nay.- Those that keep their plighted faith and act aright,-verily Allah loves those who act aright. [3: 76]

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;- [3: 134]

How many of the prophets fought (in Allah's way), and with them (fought) Large bands of godly men? But they never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah's way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in. And Allah Loves those who are firm and steadfast. [3: 146]

And Allah gave them a reward in this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. For Allah Loveth those who do good. [3 :148]

Contend not on behalf of such as betray their own souls; for Allah loveth not one given to perfidy and crime: [4: 107]

O ye who believe! make not unlawful the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, but commit no excess: for Allah loveth not those given to excess. [5: 87]

Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds. [7: 55]

If you fear treachery from any people throw back (their covenant) to them (so as to be) on equal terms (that there will be no more covenant between you and them). Certainly Allah likes not the treacherous. [8: 58]

(But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfil your engagements with them to the end of their term: for Allah loveth the righteous. [9: 4]

O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters. [7: 31]

Verily Allah will defend (from ill) those who believe: verily, Allah loveth not any that is a traitor to faith, or show ingratitude. [22: 38]

That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of his Bounty. For He loves not those who reject Faith. [30: 45]

"And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster. [31: 18]

Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. [60: 8]

Not alike are the blind (disbelievers in Islamic Monotheism) and the seeing (believers in Islamic Monotheism).
Nor are (alike) darkness (disbelief) and light (Belief in Islamic Monotheism).
Nor are (alike) the shade and the sun's heat.
Nor are (alike) the living (i.e. the believers) and the dead (i.e. the disbelievers). Verily, Allah makes whom He wills to hear, but you cannot make hear those who are in graves.
[35: 19-22]

Muhammad
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Some commentary on the last group of verses quoted:

Not alike are the blind (disbelievers in Islamic Monotheism) and the seeing (believers in Islamic Monotheism).
Nor are (alike) darkness (disbelief) and light (Belief in Islamic Monotheism).
Nor are (alike) the shade and the sun's heat.
Nor are (alike) the living (i.e. the believers) and the dead (i.e. the disbelievers). Verily, Allah makes whom He wills to hear, but you cannot make hear those who are in graves.
[35: 19-22]
Allah says that these antonyms are clearly not equal, the blind and the seeing are not equal, there is a difference and a huge gap between them. Darkness and light are not equal, neither are shade and the sun's heat. By the same token, the living and the dead are not equal. This is the parable Allah makes of the believers who are the living, and the disbelievers who are the dead. This is like the Ayat:

Is he who was dead and We gave him life and set for him a light (of belief) whereby he can walk amongst men -- like him who is in the (depths of) darkness from which he can never come out? (6:122),

The parable of the two parties is as that of the blind and the deaf and the seer and the hearer. Are they equal when compared? Will you not then take heed? (11:24)

The believer sees and hears, and walks in the light upon a straight path in this world and the Hereafter, until he comes to settle in Gardens (Paradise) wherein is shade and springs. The disbeliever is blind and deaf, walking in darkness from which he cannot escape, he is lost in his misguidance in this world and the Hereafter, until he ends up in fierce hot wind and boiling water, and shadow of black smoke, neither cool nor good.

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=35&tid=43060

Yanal
09-26-2010, 06:54 AM
I was kinda wondering this.
:sl:

Allah said,
﴿إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ مَن كَانَ مُخْتَالاً فَخُوراً﴾
(Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful.) meaning, one who is proud and arrogant, insolent and boasts to others. He thinks that he is better than other people, thus thinking high of himself, even though he is insignificant to Allah and hated by people. Mujahid said that Allah's statement,
﴿إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ مَن كَانَ مُخْتَالاً فَخُوراً﴾
(Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud) means arrogant, while,
﴿فَخُوراً﴾
(boastful) means boasting about what he has, while he does not thank Allah. This Ayah indicates that such a person boasts with people about the bounty that Allah has given him, but he is actually ungrateful to Allah for this bounty. Ibn Jarir recorded that `Abdullah bin Waqid Abu Raja' Al-Harawi said, "You will find that those who are mean are also proud and boasting. He then recited,
﴿وَمَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ﴾
(and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess,) You will find that he who is undutiful (to parents) is also arrogant, and deprived. He then recited,
﴿وَبَرّاً بِوَالِدَتِى وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْنِى جَبَّاراً شَقِيّاً ﴾
(And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, deprived.) Once a man asked the Prophet, "O Messenger of Allah, advise me.' The Prophet said,
«إيَّاكَ وَإِسْبَالَ الْإِزَارِ، فَإِنَّ إِسْبَالَ الْإِزَارِ مِنَ الْمَخِيلَةِ، وَإِنَّ اللهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمَخِيلَة»
(Avoid lengthening the dress (below the ankles), for this practice is from arrogance. Verily, Allah does not like arrogance.)''
﴿الَّذِينَ يَبْخَلُونَ وَيَأْمُرُونَ النَّاسَ بِالْبُخْلِ وَيَكْتُمُونَ مَآ ءَاتَـهُمُ اللَّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لِلْكَـفِرِينَ عَذَاباً مُّهِيناً - وَالَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ أَمْوَلَهُمْ رِئَـآءَ النَّاسِ وَلاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَلاَ بِالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ وَمَن يَكُنِ الشَّيْطَـنُ لَهُ قَرِيناً فَسَآءَ قِرِيناً - وَمَاذَا عَلَيْهِمْ لَوْ ءَامَنُواْ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ وَأَنفَقُواْ مِمَّا رَزَقَهُمُ اللَّهُ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ بِهِم عَلِيماً ﴾
(37. Those who are stingy and encourage people to be stingy and hide what Allah has bestowed upon them of His bounties. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a disgraceful torment.) (38. And (also) those who spend of their wealth to be seen of men, and believe not in Allah and the Last Day, and whoever takes Shaytan as an intimate; then what a dreadful intimate he has!) (39. And what loss have they if they had believed in Allah and in the Last Day, and they spend out of what Allah has given them for sustenamce And Allah is Ever All-Knower of them.)

Allaah does not love everyone,such as the hypocrites,sinners and such more,he has stated this in many verses.

Insaanah
09-26-2010, 10:31 AM
That whole "Christian evolved from Paganism" is a pretty weak arguement as well. Supposedly the virgin birth was taken from Paganism, so if that mean we stole that from Paganism, that mean Y'ALL got it from US.
It is the idea of God having a son that is taken from paganism.

• We believe in One God, other than Whom there is none worthy of worship.
  • He has no sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandparents or any other relatives.
  • He does not beget, nor is He begotten
  • He is not composed of any number of persons, godheads or essences.
  • He is Eternal, Immortal, indivisible.
  • He sent messengers and scriptures to guide & warn mankind. We believe in all of those messengers (including Jesus peace be upon him) and the scriptures He gave them.

We neither deny or reject Jesus (peace be upon him) like the Jews, nor exaggerate his status to something it wasn't, i.e. divine, like the Christians. We accept him, believe in him, love him and respect as he was - a Messenger of Allah.

So while you consider your religion to be connected to paganism, please note, Islam has nothing to do with paganism, in fact it is the polar opposite. No sons, no 3-in-1s. Just ONE.

Peace.

Muhammad
09-26-2010, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
In the Qur'an, Allaah (swt) constantly speaks about the struggle between truth and falsehood (often likened to the difference between light and darkness) and the separation between believers and disbelievers. They have distinguishing characertistics in this world, and in the Hereafter the separation shall become even more apparent on the Day of Judgement and of course through Heaven and Hell.
And yet there are even more verses...

And know that whatever of war-booty that you may gain, verily one-fifth of it is assigned to Allah, and to the Messenger, and to the near relatives, (and also) the orphans, the poor and the wayfarer, if you have believed in Allah and in that which We sent down to Our slave on the Day of criterion (between right and wrong), the Day when the two forces met (the battle of Badr); And Allah is able to do all things. (And remember) when you (the Muslim army) were on the near side of the valley, and they on the farther side, and the caravan on the ground lower than you. Even if you had made a mutual appointment to meet, you would certainly have failed in the appointment, but (you met) that Allah might accomplish a matter already ordained (in His Knowledge), so that those who were to be destroyed (for their rejecting the Faith) might be destroyed after a clear evidence, and those who were to live (i.e. believers) might live after a clear evidence. And surely, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. [8: 41-42]
(on the Day of Criterion, the Day when the two forces met; and Allah is Able to do all things.) Allah is making His favors and compassion towards His creation known, when He distinguished between truth and falsehood in the battle of Badr. That day was called, `Al-Furqan', because Allah raised the word of faith above the word of falsehood, He made His religion apparent and supported His Prophet and his group. `Ali bin Abi Talhah and Al-`Awfi reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "Badr is YawmAl-Furqan; during it, Allah separated between truth and falsehood.''
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=8&tid=20194

(but (you met) that Allah might accomplish a matter already ordained,) Allah had decreed that He would bring glory to Islam and its people, while disgracing Shirk and its people. You [the companions] had no knowledge this would happen, but it was out of Allah's compassion that He did that.''

(So that those who were to be destroyed might be destroyed after a clear evidence.) Muhammad bin Ishaq commented, "So that those who disbelieve do so after witnessing clear evidence, proof and lessons, and those who believe do so after witnessing the same.'' This is a sound explanation. Allah says, He made you meet your enemy in one area without appointment, so that He gives you victory over them.' This way, `He will raise the word of truth above falsehood, so that the matter is made clear, the proof unequivocal and the evidence plain. Then there will be no more plea or doubt for anyone. Then, those destined to destruction by persisting in disbelief do so with evidence, aware that they are misguided and that proof has been established against them,

(and those who were to live might live), those who wish to believe do so,(after a clear evidence), and proof. Verily, faith is the life of the heart, as Allah said,

(Is he who was dead (without faith by ignorance and disbelief) and We gave him life (by knowledge and faith) and set for him a light (of belief) whereby he can walk among men ...) [6:122].
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=8&tid=20236
Is he who walks prone (without seeing) on his face, more rightly guided, or he who (sees and) walks upright on the Straight Way (i.e. Islamic Monotheism)? [67: 22]

He it is Who created you, then some of you are disbelievers and some of you are believers. And Allah is All-Seer of what you do. [64: 2]

Verily, We have created man from Nutfah (drops) of mixed semen (sexual discharge of man and woman), in order to try him: so We made him hearer and seer. Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful. [76: 2-3]

Verily, We have created man in toil. Does he think that none can overcome him? He says (boastfully): "I have wasted wealth in abundance!" Does he think that none sees him? Have We not made for him two eyes, And a tongue and two lips? And shown him the two ways (good and evil)? [90: 4-10]

When the Occurrence occurs, There is, at its occurrence, no denial. It will bring down [some] and raise up [others]. When the earth is shaken with convulsion And the mountains are broken down, crumbling And become dust dispersing. And you become [of] three kinds: [56: 1-7]

Has there reached you the report of the Overwhelming [event]? [Some] faces, that Day, will be humbled, Working [hard] and exhausted. They will [enter to] burn in an intensely hot Fire. They will be given drink from a boiling spring. For them there will be no food except from a poisonous, thorny plant Which neither nourishes nor avails against hunger. [Other] faces, that Day, will show pleasure. With their effort [they are] satisfied In an elevated garden, [88: 1-10]

On the Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) when some faces will become white and some faces will become black; as for those whose faces will become black (to them will be said): "Did you reject Faith after accepting it? Then taste the torment (in Hell) for rejecting Faith." And for those whose faces will become white, they will be in Allah's Mercy (Paradise), therein they shall dwell forever. [3: 106-107]

(It will be said): "And O you Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists, sinners, disbelievers in the Islamic Monotheism, wicked evil ones)! Get you apart this Day (from the believers). [36: 59]

FollowerOfChrist
10-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Anyway, basically what you're all saying is hating someone is permitted in Islam? Probably someone who is a non-muslim.

جوري
10-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Anyway, basically what you're all saying is hating someone is permitted in Islam? Probably someone who is a non-muslim.

Indeed. hatred of evil and love of good is advocated in Islam!

glad you love Hitler and folks who torch others in the night.. it is also nice that your god can love but skewer those whom he allegedly loves on the side. Your religion is confused and confusing.. good luck trying to reconcile all of that to your person -- most Christians simply have very low standards!

all the best

Perseveranze
10-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Where did you get that from? Your original question was "does God love everybody" right? God is very merciful and forgiving, however it feels almost logical to me that if someone was a rapist or a murderer of innocents, someone who lead a bad astray life, someone who continue'd to disbelieve despite seeing all the signs, how can God possibly open up the gates of Heaven for them?

If he did that, then why would anyone do good in this life? Why would anyone learn to control their deepest/darkest desires, their anger, their hatred? What would be the point if they knew that it doesn't matter since God loves them enough to give them paradise anyways.

It's such a contradicting and illogical thought, this life is a test given by god, He gave Man/Woman complete free will and through the many prophets sent upon a clear message of his divinity and existence, finally through Muhammed (pbuh) - the last prophet, he gave the final message and the true Religion. Now, people would either accept this message and act upon it, in which they would be rewarded or they will go astray from it, in which case they will be punished.

For me the worst part about Christians belief is, they believe Jesus took all their sins and died for them. I remember a Christian man approaching me and telling me, "if you accept Jesus in your heart that he is the son of god, all your past sins are forgiven and you go to paradise"... I was just shocked, I can drink booze, go to jail, steal lots of money, murder innocents and right before my death accept Jesus as the son of god and go straight to Heavan, isn't that easy?

FollowerOfChrist
10-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Well, if everybodies saying "God hates anyone who dilberately disobeys him", and according to y'all anyone who isn't a Muslim isn't obeying God. So that was mean (according to Islam) that God hates non-Muslims. That's the interpretation I'm getting. And that's a lot of hatred. I understand now. Thanks.

FollowerOfChrist
10-21-2010, 06:22 AM
The Christian motto is "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

almahdali
10-21-2010, 09:34 AM
If He hates non-Muslim, non-Muslim will never co-exist with Muslims.
His Mercy is shown in the prayer of with the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
He guides human with His Mercy, so it's sensible if He punished those who can't see His Mercy
while the Mercy is right in front of their eyes.
Non-Muslims like those in Core countries can oppress poor Muslims.
Most countries where Muslims live are of periphery areas :)

Zafran
10-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Well, if everybodies saying "God hates anyone who dilberately disobeys him", and according to y'all anyone who isn't a Muslim isn't obeying God. So that was mean (according to Islam) that God hates non-Muslims. That's the interpretation I'm getting. And that's a lot of hatred. I understand now. Thanks.
So tell me is Adolf Hitler loved as much as the victims of the Holocaust?

Yeah and somebody who DELIBERATELY disobeys God for various reasons eg doesnt believe in God then why does he even care about the love or wrath of God?

Its simple if Person A sins but tries realy hard to repent and afterwards tries to stay away from sin becasue he believes in God - is not the same as the person who sins all day and night without caring about God or humanity and the damage he or she causes. 2 very different people.

FollowerOfChrist
10-22-2010, 01:15 AM
God loves Hitler because he is one of his children. He loves all his children the same. In Christian theology that is. With that being said, if your biological earthly children grew up to be criminals, would you hate them? And with all due respect, I'm not trying to convert anyone or "promote beliefs other than Islam". I'm just telling you what we (Christians) believe. =)

and what I am understanding from this is if it's okay for God to hate certain people, then it must be okay for Muslims as people to hate other certain people as well. That is anybody disobeys God. And you have to be a Muslim to obey God. So buddhists, wiccans, hindus, atheist, and anybody isn't Muslim, hating them is permitted, since they're not obeying God and he's gonna send all to hell. He hates anybody who he is gonna send to hell right? Enlighten me, please.

Insaanah
10-22-2010, 12:28 PM
God loves Hitler because he is one of his children. He loves all his children the same. In Christian theology that is.
To us, as Muslims, your analogy is faulty, because we do not believe that God is a father and that we are his children. God is the Creator, and we are the created. He is the only One Worthy of worship, and we are His worshippers. He is the One that sent guidance for us, we are supposed to follow it.

The closest analogy that fits, is as I mentioned in post # 52. This world is our test, and we will get our pass or fail marks from Allah on the Day of Judgement (which is true and not an analogy). Imagine if a teacher had a class. Some students worked really hard day and night, some didn't, and some didn't study the specified syllabus but studied whatever they fancied. The hard workers get top marks, the lazy ones get the lowest fail marks, as do those that studied the wrong thing, but the teacher, instead of giving them their correct marks, gives them all distinctions. Can you imagine? The teacher would be sacked, there would be national outcry as to how unjust and stupid the teacher is, and the school would be blacklisted. How would those who worked hard feel, knowing that those who did nothing have been given the same marks? Why did they bother working so hard? They would demand justice, and rightfully so.

We cannot ascribe such unjust behaviour to Allah. While Allah is Loving and Forgiving, He is also Severe in punishment, yet He is Fair and Firm. Such is the perfectly balanced nature of Allah.

Unlike the scenario, Allah is not unjust in the least bit. Those who work hard and try their utmost to obey Allah and follow the guidance He sent, will not be treated the same as those who don't.

if it's okay for God to hate certain people,
Nowhere in the Qur'an does Allah say he hates certain people in this world. He tells us those He loves and the acts they do, e.g. those who are God Fearing, follow the Prophet (peace be upon him), etc, and tells us those He does not love, and acts He does not love. Not having love for someone does not equate to hate. Naturally, believers will want to attain Allah's love, so will do righteous acts while avoiding wrong ones that He does not love.

We as Muslims do not hate people on the basis of their religion, on the contrary we desire guidance for them, as we do not want to see them achieve a bad mark in the exam, hence we tell them about Islam.

That is why Allah repeatedly sent Messengers to guide and warn mankind, because He wanted them to obey the guidance, and thus be successful in the hereafter.

Allah is going to be the One administering the Judgement, not us, and if He did hate someone, then with Him being the most Just, He would do so for a reason, such as the persons erroneous beliefs/wrong deeds. And the similarly the person He loves would be fully deserving of God's love. He would not be unjust in the least bit.

As to hate being allowed, it has not been forbidden when the circumstances warrant it, e.g. God forbid if someone was raping a female relative of yours, while you may say, "I hate the sin you did, but boy, do I love you the same as my mum!" I would not feel that way, and I would most likely feel at least a small amount of hate, which is a natural human reaction. Allah does not expect us to have irrational or unnatural emotions, but emotions that fit the situation appropriately, and are controlled. And that in itself is a blessing indeed.

Hope that enlightened you a bit.

Peace.

Zafran
10-22-2010, 03:45 PM
God loves Hitler because he is one of his children. He loves all his children the same. In Christian theology that is. With that being said, if your biological earthly children grew up to be criminals, would you hate them? And with all due respect, I'm not trying to convert anyone or "promote beliefs other than Islam". I'm just telling you what we (Christians) believe. =)

and what I am understanding from this is if it's okay for God to hate certain people, then it must be okay for Muslims as people to hate other certain people as well. That is anybody disobeys God. And you have to be a Muslim to obey God. So buddhists, wiccans, hindus, atheist, and anybody isn't Muslim, hating them is permitted, since they're not obeying God and he's gonna send all to hell. He hates anybody who he is gonna send to hell right? Enlighten me, please.
show us where it says God hates people in the Quran?

So God loves Hitler according to christianty - must be proud of him for killing 6 million Jews. God also must hate people in christainty for not accepting christainty - eternal punishment of hellfire doesnt seem to be love now does it - enlighten us on that one?

Oh and by the way your saying that God loves the rapist as much as the person who doesnt rape? what type of belief is that?

Ramadhan
10-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok, so according to you and all other christians, jesus loves so me so much, but he will **** me to hell for eternity anyway,and that's because he loves me so much.
:hmm::exhausted

Muslim Woman
10-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Ok, so according to you and all other christians, jesus loves so me so much, but he will **** me to hell for eternity anyway,and that's because he loves me so much.
:hmm::exhausted
it reminds me of an old question : If Christians believe God loves all , then why He created hell ?

Predator
10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
God also must hate people in christainty for not accepting christainty
I wouldnt be suprised if this barking-born-again-cultist also says that God also hates also those people who believed in him but lived before birth of Jesus, the Cruci-fiction and Paulanity came into existence 2000 years ago

Hamza Asadullah
10-23-2010, 11:25 PM
I could of sworn you guys were using verses from the NT to prove Jesus never claimed to be God. ;DWhat's the point of that if you believed the gospel's been changed. And ya'll also try to use the NT to prove Jesus never said eat unclean foods to me in the other thread. I don't know why ya'll constantly quote things from the NT then to prove stuff to us (Christians). Anyway, that's why I could never convert to Islam. There's no way God could hate anyone.
Then why are those who reject Christ condemned to dam-nation? I thought God loves all according to you?

FollowerOfChrist
10-24-2010, 01:42 AM
You all made me come to the conclusion hating the infedels is permitted in your religion. Not only that but that you should hate the infedel because (1). They're not obeying god. and (2). They're going to hell. You see our scriptures don't support that idea because in the NT Jesus also said "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." Verses like that indicate that's not true. I also like how you guys pick and choose what we got from Paganism and what verses of the bible are accurate and inaccurate. Yes, the "Christian God" loves everyone. Love and tolerate are two different things.

Vale's, excuse me for not seeing your previous post. Sure those "Christian holidays" have pagan origins, but they're entirely unbiblical. The whole "Christianity came from Paganism" arguement coming from Muslims still amuses me. For those complaining about Christians on this site, there's plenty of Muslims that post on Catholic and Christians forums also. I have an interest in understanding other religions, not just mine. I'm not trying to bash your religion, lol. I'm just trying to see it for what it really is. IMO, the Christian philosophy of love sounds more peaceful. It is what it is though.

Insaanah
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm just trying to see it for what it really is.
It certainly doesn't look like you are trying to.

Because despite repeated answers to your questions (see my post at the bottom of page 6) plus my other posts before it, and some posts by others, you still insist on what you want to believe about Islam.

You all made me come to the conclusion hating the infedels is permitted in your religion.
No we didn't. I have answered this as well.

It seems, from your various posts, even after all the replies given in this thread that you have no desire to even try to understand, but rather to just enforce your own beliefs as being correct.

As such I am begining to wander what the point is in leaving the thread open. Your question has been answered repeatedly and more than adequately. If you really have a desire to learn, you need to let go of your prejudices and read.

Peace.

*charisma*
10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
The Christian motto is "Love the sinner, hate the sin."
What's the difference between the sin and the sinner? Only difference is one has a soul. One has the ability to commit evil and the other is just evil waiting to be committed. So essentially they're the same, both bad.

What is a human's value if he doesn't repent from his sins? Nothing.

In Islam Allah tells us we are humans that commit evil acts, but through repentance He forgives us. If we commit these evil acts without repentance, then we eventually become black-hearted towards the smaller sins and continue onwards with larger sins. Life without repentance ruins your character and humility.

You can't put Allah and his worshipers in the same category. Allah judges us on our intentions and worship (good deeds, obligations etc.), whereas we are have no authority or capabilities of judging another person on such basis since we can't see their intentions, what lurks deep inside their hearts, or what they do privately. We instead judge other human beings by their interactions with us-- the things that we can see and what they tell us. Now whether Allah loves nonMuslims or not, He still allows us to show kindness to them. He gives us the power to protect ourselves if harm is afflicted upon us by those who aren't Muslim, but defense is not necessarily hatred or intolerance. We are also given the choice between mercy, justice, kindness, and hatred based on what we experience with others, so we absolutely can forgive those who hurt us if we wanted, it's not discouraged to do so. Allah, on the other hand, tells us that He hates those who disobey Him and those who reject Him and the religion He's ordered us to follow, and when the time comes, He will punish them accordingly. So just because Allah hates someone, does not mean we are told we also must hate that individual, unless the individula is afflicting constant harm upon us.

Also you mentioned God does not have the capability of hating...God has all capabilites, He can do whatever He wants, so who are you to say what he can or cannot do? You're merely a human.
We are not restricted to expressing our feelings, we just have limits, whereas you don't. We are allowed to hate and love, but we have to be justified in those emotions, it's impossible to show one emotion and not the other, we are not made that way. If I killed your wife, you may forgive me and still love me...if I then killed your son, you may also forgive me and still love me, but if I kept doing this until all of your loved ones were brutally killed right before your eyes, you cannot truthfully sit here and tell me you will allow me to continue inflicting such harm on your family or even that you will "forgive and love me" all of eternity. If you were able to do that then there's really something wrong with you for not standing up and helping your family, because any sane mind would do something or feel something at that point other than "love and forgiveness". This is logic.

Tilmeez
10-24-2010, 11:26 AM
IMO, the Christian philosophy of love sounds more peaceful. It is what it is though.
I'm sorry but this statement of yours does not go well with your name. 90+ replies and you still unable to find any thing, I count it our bad. Please spare my brothers and sisters on this thread as we do not have any thing else to offer. Going round and round in circles will take us nowhere but get us exhausted.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!