/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused about the prayer you have to do for repentance?

Zobia
04-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Assalumu Alaikum Wr Wb,
I was watching a video about how to repent on Islamic - tube, and it was said that to repent you have perform 2 units of prayer, it is known as the 'Prayer of Istighfar' , 'The Prayer of Forgiveness. But thing is, i don't know how to pray two units of prayer; is it just a normal 2 units of prayer? You know how when we pray Fajir and we say '2 rakkat namaz sunnat' when we are doing our 2 sunnat, well what do we say when we do our 'Prayer of Istighfar'? And straight after we read our 2 units of prayer we are told that we should read the dua 'Sayeedun Istighfar', would we read this while we are still in prayer, after we have completed our prayer? The video is below, i really need some help and if anyone can find me the du'a Sayeedun Istighfar' it would be really really helpful!

http://www.islamictube.net/watch/27a...-Repent-Part-4

Jazakallah Hair
May Allah (SWT) be with you always.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
04-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam wr wb,

The 2 units of prayer basically means to 2 rakah nawfil prayer. You are praying these 2 rakah nawfil in intention of istagfir so they are referred to as prayer of istagfar.

Here's the Dua you were asking about: http://www.ummah.net/Al_adaab/ilm_ul...istighfar.html

Here's transliteration:

Allaahumma anta Rabbee, laa ilaaha illaa anta, khalaqtanee, wa ana 'abduka, wa ana alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika masta' ta' tu, a'oothu bika min sharri ma sana'tu, aboo'u laka bini'matika 'alayya, wa aboo'u bithambe, faghfirlee fa'innahu laa yaghfiru-th-thunooba illaa anta

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!