/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Botulinum Toxin.

ardianto
04-10-2010, 09:36 AM
:sl:

Few years ago I read a medical article about Dystonia. And I read, doctors use Botulinum Toxin for cure or relieve this disease. However, Botulinum Toxin can given only in small dosage because actually this is toxin, use this toxin in bigger dosage will kill the patient.

Not so long after that, I heard some celebrities said they use Botox in facial treatment. I wonder, is Botox in facial/beauty treatment same as Botulinum Toxin that used in Dystonia treatment ?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes it is.

It is used to treat wrinkles which are caused by repeated contraction of muscles in the face leading to a persistent frown over time. Botox is used to prevent formation by paralyzing facial muscles.

ardianto
04-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Thank you very much, sister.

But I wonder, how can those celebrities use toxin in their beauty treatment. :?

Life_Is_Short
04-11-2010, 06:25 PM
This is just one example out of a 100. The lenghts people cross to look young. Why can't they just get past the fact that they can't stop nature? :mmokay:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
distressed
04-13-2010, 07:21 AM
This treatment is available everywhere these days for those wanting to try it for cosmetic reasons, and it costs no more than a standard facial..to be honest, i think the after effects of what the skin looks like after cosmetic treatments isnt very flattering..! I wish people would just try and grow old gracefully.!

جوري
04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
I think botox is still better than silicone injection for at least its effects wear off after a few months even if cosmetics isn't its intended use .. some unscrupulous doctors use industrial strength silicone and once your face is ruined 'think Priscella Presley' then you are pretty much screwed for life, they can't peel off your face and go after little mini silicone particles one by one.. people really should heed some of the plastic surgery disasters and know that like other fields in medicine should be used in healing not 'enhancing' you can't make better what Allah swt created and you can't re-create anew you can only ruin what you have..

you should google worst celebrity plastic surgery and I caution you to the horrors you'll encounter.. and these are people who have all the money in the world to afford the very best.. they don't look young they look unnatural and inhuman!

:w:

ardianto
04-15-2010, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I think botox is still better than silicone injection for at least its effects wear off after a few months even if cosmetics isn't its intended use .. some unscrupulous doctors use industrial strength silicone and once your face is ruined 'think Priscella Presley' then you are pretty much screwed for life, they can't peel off your face and go after little mini silicone particles one by one.. people really should heed some of the plastic surgery disasters and know that like other fields in medicine should be used in healing not 'enhancing' you can't make better what Allah swt created and you can't re-create anew you can only ruin what you have..

you should google worst celebrity plastic surgery and I caution you to the horrors you'll encounter.. and these are people who have all the money in the world to afford the very best.. they don't look young they look unnatural and inhuman!

I understand if you say botox is better than silicone. Silicone can moves to other position. Sometime I found people with 'weird faces', usually transsexual, that caused by silicone. They got silicone injection not in health clinics, but in beauty salon. Illegal, of course, but cheaper.

About botox, I wonder what is the effect if someone got botox injection few time. Can this toxin accumulated in body ?.

I think people must start to use natural beauty treatment, and must realize how beautiful the inner beauty.

Ramadhan
04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

I understand if you say botox is better than silicone. Silicone can moves to other position. Sometime I found people with 'weird faces', usually transsexual, that caused by silicone. They got silicone injection not in health clinics, but in beauty salon. Illegal, of course, but cheaper.

About botox, I wonder what is the effect if someone got botox injection few time. Can this toxin accumulated in body ?.

I think people must start to use natural beauty treatment, and must realize how beautiful the inner beauty.

brother, you will be surprised to know at how many Indonesian celebrities who regularly get botox injections.
I know personally some people in Jakarta who get botox treatments every few months.
Some of them are even in their early 30s!
It's ridiculous what people do to waste their money on something to "improve" their perceived image.

ardianto
04-15-2010, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
brother, you will be surprised to know at how many Indonesian celebrities who regularly get botox injections.
I know personally some people in Jakarta who get botox treatments every few months.
Isn't it dangerous to use botox frequently ?. I read from an article, actually that is toxin.
Some of them are even in their early 30s!
It's ridiculous what people do to waste their money on something to "improve" their perceived image.
Early 30s ?. ..... They are younger than me !.

I know an older brother with hair that start to turn into white.
One day, someone asked him "Why don't you coloring your hair to make you look younger ?".
He laughed, "Who said I am old ?, my spirit is always young !" :D

جوري
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

:sl: no it wares off after about 6 months.. we use it quite a bit in medicine like you said for dystonia and other problems with the esophagus which are to expansive to go into now but they have to come back every few months for re-injection of the site..

the whole fear of this 'toxin' is if it reaches the diaphragm, the large semi-tendous breathing muscle then a person will die of asphyxiation .. it has no toxic affects otherwise .. maybe a few minor reaction at the injection site but that is rare..

and Allah swt knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!