/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free Resources for A-level Physics?

Life_Is_Short
04-10-2010, 11:52 AM
:sl:

Does anyone know website(s) where i can get free As-level physics resources, preferably Edexcel?
I need good quality notes and worksheets (for practice) on the following topics:
- Mechanics
- Waves
- Materials
- DC Electricity
- Nature of Light

My text book is not helping and the library does not have any books covering the above mentioned topics. :raging:

Please Help me imsad, Jazak'Allah Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
04-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Dear sis, I'm an AS-Level (Advanced Subsidiary) student and have GCE resources. But still you can check out EDEXCEL Resources here or maybe here!

format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I need good quality notes and worksheets (for practice) on the following topics:
- Mechanics
- Waves
- Materials
- DC Electricity
- Nature of Light
Whaaaat...? You people are taught these topics in AS? But we do some of them in A-level.:p

Also that the websites above would give you past-papers, their Marking Schemes and Examiner Reports only! ...No notes...

Eeeeennnn...! Sorry for such a little help.:hmm:

May ALLAH help you and me in our exams!

And please do cast your vote in the following thread

Religious Affiliation of the IB members!

ALLAHAFIZ!

Life_Is_Short
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Asalamu Alikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Dear sis, I'm an AS-Level (Advanced Subsidiary) student and have GCE resources. But still you can check out EDEXCEL Resources here or maybe here!
Jazak'Allah Khairan. That will help.

Whaaaat...? You people are taught these topics in AS? But we do some of them in A-level.:p
Which topics are you taught?

Masuma
04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
:sl:! :statisfie

Dear sis,

We have done

1. Measurements and Errors
  2. Dynamics
  3. Kinematics (really difficult :hmm:)
  4. Moments of Forces
  5. Static Electricity
  6. DC Circuits
  7. Waves
  8. Nuclear Physics (this one is my love! :statisfie ... ;D)

And yeah... sweet sis, why don't you try "Long Man Physics Book" and "Pacific Physics" Part 1 and 2! They really contain some very good questions. Btw, our physic's sir is not much in favor of Pacific Physics, because he says that the book contains many irrelevant questions but as he always give questions from it in our tests, so there is no way I'm gonna leave it! :Evil:

Heehee!:giggling:

Take care!

Allahafiz!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nokiacrazi
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I do not wish to open another thread.

Does anyone have AS-level physics resources for the OCR board, specification B?

Jazak'allah.

Masuma
04-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Don't know whats OCR :embarrass and (...did you just say B?) :?..........;D........Ummm... again, no idea! :p

Did you try the two websites? Check here and here!

Life_Is_Short
04-11-2010, 06:00 PM
:sl:! :statisfie

Dear sis,

We have done

1. Measurements and Errors
  2. Dynamics
  3. Kinematics (really difficult :hmm:)
  4. Moments of Forces
  5. Static Electricity
  6. DC Circuits
  7. Waves
  8. Nuclear Physics (this one is my love! :statisfie ... ;D)
:wa:
This is a lot. :hmm: You have three units for As-level. Right? Two written exams and one practical. Which exam board are you doing?

And yeah... sweet sis, why don't you try "Long Man Physics Book" and "Pacific Physics" Part 1 and 2! They really contain some very good questions. Btw, our physic's sir is not much in favor of Pacific Physics, because he says that the book contains many irrelevant questions but as he always give questions from it in our tests, so there is no way I'm gonna leave it! :Evil:
I've searched "Long Man Physics Book" and it says it's for IGCSE.
I have the official Edexcel text book but the questions don't have answers. How can students know whether they're right or wrong? :raging:
I also have "calculations for A-level Physics Third Edition" but it does not have enough questions for some topics.

Sometimes a good book is the only thing you need for success but they are often difficult to find. imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi
I do not wish to open another thread.

Does anyone have AS-level physics resources for the OCR board, specification B?

Jazak'allah.
My sister did OCR old specification. She has notes for topics electrons and photons, forces and motions and waves and their properties. Will that be of any use to you?
I also have fact sheets for individual topics. There are a lot of them so tell me which topics you want and i'll upload them.

Here is one: Attachment 4033

Nokiacrazi
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
My sister did OCR old specification. She has notes for topics electrons and photons, forces and motions and waves and their properties. Will that be of any use to you?
I also have fact sheets for individual topics. There are a lot of them so tell me which topics you want and i'll upload them.

Here is one: Attachment 4033
Jazak'allah khair. Yes insha'allah these notes would be useful. I am covering in two exams - Imaging, Sensing, Signalling, Materials (I), & Materials (II).
Waves, Quantum, & Mechanics.

Again, jazak'allah.

Life_Is_Short
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
The files exceed forum download limit so i had to download them onto another website. Here are the links:

Fact Sheets:

I will upload some more later.

Nokiacrazi
04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Jazak'allah khair sister. Insha'allah this will be useful. This is much appreciated, may Allah reward you.

Life_Is_Short
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Has any of you done the gravitational acceleration (the mass and spring) practical in college?

tango92
04-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Has any of you done the gravitational acceleration (the mass and spring) practical in college?
i can get you a pack of questions and answers from any of these 4 units

aqa physics A
uniit 1, 2 3, 4

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2450-W-SP-10.PDF

comb through the spec and request anything, all the specs are quite similar but the questions ive got are from the old edexcel spec so no worries :shade:

have you done your practicals yet?

Life_Is_Short
04-19-2010, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i can get you a pack of questions and answers from any of these 4 units

aqa physics A
uniit 1, 2 3, 4

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2450-W-SP-10.PDF

comb through the spec and request anything, all the specs are quite similar but the questions ive got are from the old edexcel spec so no worries :shade:

have you done your practicals yet?
Jazak'Allah Khairan. Yes I've done the practical. Alhamdulilah.

I need questions and answers for the following:

1. Scalars and Vectors
2. Motion along a straight line (equations of motions)
3. Projectile motion
4. Work energy and power
5. Conservation of energy (Ep = mgh and Ep = mgh)
6. Hooke's Law
7. The young modulus

I need some more but this will do for now.

Jazak'Allah/

Life_Is_Short
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
More fact sheets.

- Specific Heat Capacity and Specific Latent Heat
- Wave–Particle Duality - the Electron
- Moments & Equilibrium
- Electrical Current, Voltage and Resistance
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Radioactivity – an introduction
- Applying Newton’s Laws
- Particle Physics
- Simple Harmonic Motion – Basic Concepts
- Nuclear Transformations & Binding Energy
- Radioactivity II
- Circuit Electricity I
- The Young Modulus
- First Law of Thermodynamics
- Coulomb's Law
- The Gas Laws
- Comparison of Gravitational and Electric Fields

tango92
04-21-2010, 06:08 AM
inshallah ill get them up by late this night

edit: sorry guys apparently theres copyright on them and my school bought them. posting them here is equivalent to stealing...

Life_Is_Short
06-08-2010, 10:51 PM
^Jazak'Allah Khair, I don't need them anymore.

tango92
06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
^Jazak'Allah Khair, I don't need them anymore.
does that mean you did the exam? inshAllah it went well

Life_Is_Short
06-08-2010, 10:58 PM
No, i dropped physics.

Ruchisingla
01-03-2014, 10:15 AM
For A-level physics ..m not sure.but ya you can check wiziq.om/courses. This website provides the best and efficient resources for Studies.

Life_Is_Short
01-03-2014, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruchisingla
For A-level physics ..m not sure.but ya you can check wiziq.om/courses. This website provides the best and efficient resources for Studies.
It's been four years since I've posted this. :embarrass I don't even do physics anymore.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!