/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Glasses

Beardo
04-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Do you take off your glasses during Salaah? Why or Why Not? SHOULD you take them off?

I personally keep'em on.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
:sl:

I don't usually wear glasses but the times I do, I take them off for salah. They might get damaged in sujood.

Beardo
04-10-2010, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:

I don't usually wear glasses but the times I do, I take them off for salah. They might get damaged in sujood.
When I saw you as the most recent poster on this thread, I thought maybe you were going to insult me for useless questioning again. :exhausted:

But is there any spiritual reason you take it off? :X I typically always have my glasses on. I heard it makes your eyes worse though, because of the whole dependency issue. Allahu Alam.

Alpha Dude
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
When I saw you as the most recent poster on this thread, I thought maybe you were going to insult me for useless questioning again. :exhausted
There there, sunshine. I didn't mean to insult. I'm sorry. Attachment 4027

But is there any spiritual reason you take it off? :X
Not really. Just don't want them to break. :><:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lonely Gal
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
i keep mines on.. mum takes theirs off ... never thort it wud be an issue???

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 08:15 PM
why do you keep them on? thats a bit stupid if you dont mind me saying

Lonely Gal
04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
cos i have really bad eyesite and am always wearing them, never thort to take em off to be honest

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
i wear cute little pink and black glasses but i only need them for reading but i think it would be disrespect to leave them on while praying

Lonely Gal
04-10-2010, 08:18 PM
why? (just wondering cos i've never thort it'd be a disrespect/bad thing)

Alpha Dude
04-10-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't see anything disrespectful about it.

The only issue is whether they would get damaged.

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 08:36 PM
well once you start been to laid back about wearing certain things during salah people then believe they can wear anything during salah

personally i dont see why a person should wear them unless hes learning the salah and has to read from a book

btw can anyone find fatwa for this?

Dagless
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
They might get damaged in sujood.
This is the reason I take mine off at home.
At the mosque, however, I leave them on because its too crowded, and even putting them on the floor in front of me is risky.
Might be time to get contacts.

Banu_Hashim
04-10-2010, 08:43 PM
If they prevent you from touching your nose and forehead to the ground, then yeah you should take them off... but otherwise what's the problem? Most people, including me from today (finally got glasses!) take them off because it's more comfortable and allows you to concentrate on your salaah more effectively.

Alpha Dude
04-10-2010, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
btw can anyone find fatwa for this?
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/98466

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...0964&act=print

They both say it is permissible.

I don't think wearing them would usually prevent your forehead from touching the floor fully in sujood but IslamQA goes on to say that it would be impermissible to wear if they do.

Danah
04-10-2010, 08:48 PM
When I was wearing glasses in the past I used to take them off because I just find it uncomfortable to have them on when I am in sujuud situation, so it's just my personal preferences.
My brother don't take them off.

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 08:51 PM
haha unless there big thick geeky glasses then ud have a problem touching the floor

Life_Is_Short
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I take them off. This is because they are loose and often normally fall off when i look down.

I need new glasses. :X The feeling of not being able to see while praying is frustrating but they are uncomfortable.

GuCcI
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't wear my glasses all the time.. well hardly ever, but if I am then I take them off, put them in my bag and then pray. I think it makes better sense that way. Leaving them on the floor is risky because someone can just back up and then smash them and I guess hurt their foot. As for men who don't carry handbags, its better that you leave them on :p

marwen
04-10-2010, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Do you take off your glasses during Salaah? Why or Why Not? SHOULD you take them off?

I personally keep'em on.
I think it's ok to wear glasses when praying if there is no risk they fall down or get smashed. I don't see any disrespect, unless you're praying with sunglasses :shade: that will be ridiculous. ;D

Banu_Hashim
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I think it's ok to wear glasses when praying if there is no risk they fall down or get smashed. I don't see any disrespect, unless you're praying with sunglasses :shade: that will be ridiculous. ;D
loool... i can imagine someone praying with a custom made italian suite and some shady sunglasses.

CosmicPathos
04-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I dont feel the need to take my glasses off. Sometimes I do because it feels more relax as the pressure from my nose is lifted. But thats about it. I dont see how wearing a glasses while praying is haraam.

CosmicPathos
04-10-2010, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
loool... i can imagine someone praying with a custom made italian suite and some shady sunglasses.
lolz. Gucci and Aviators.

Beardo
04-11-2010, 02:03 AM
I love my glasses. Black rimmed all over. I don't like those half rimmed glasses. Alhamdulillah, after 3 years of glass/soul searching, I found the pair that I love most. Insha'Allah, I hope it lasts a long time, considering it cost just as much as it looks. >_>

Innocent Soul
04-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Assalamualaikum

I wear them mostly when I am praying sometimes I take it off. Nothing is wrong in wearing them while praying .

ardianto
04-11-2010, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
This is the reason I take mine off at home.
At the mosque, however, I leave them on because its too crowded, and even putting them on the floor in front of me is risky.
I always take my glasses off when salat in masjid and put it on my sajadah. Of course I always watch it.

Might be time to get contacts.
Contact lenses is not recommended for man who has outdoor activities. I wore it when I was in UNI, I thought it could gave me a freedom in sport. But I was wrong, it could not used in dusty places. So, I wear plastic lenses glasses until now.

Güven
04-11-2010, 09:49 AM
When I'm sleepy or tired I take them on, so I could concentrate more.

Dagless
04-11-2010, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But I was wrong, it could not used in dusty places. So, I wear plastic lenses glasses until now.
Ok then, maybe time for laser surgery?

cat eyes
04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
so i see theres lots of geeky glasses people on the forum:X

Danah
04-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I second that, my life became much easier after the surgery Alhumdulilah..it needs a lot of courage to do it though

ardianto
04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I consider it, but I am not so sure about it safety. Also, my eyes condition is not so bad, I can drive a car without glasses.

Dagless
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Also, my eyes condition is not so bad, I can drive a car without glasses.
So can I; its cleaning the blood off the bumpers afterwards which is the problem.

Nokiacrazi
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
cos i have really bad eyesite and am always wearing them, never thort to take em off to be honest
To be honest when in salah, I wouldn't think it would matter that you need to see. I personally if I wore glasses alhumdulilah, then I would take them off.

Going back to what I was saying, you would think that while praying you are concentrating, and so to have clear vision is irrelevant.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always try to close my eyes, as it helps me to concentrate.

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
so i see theres lots of geeky glasses people on the forum:X
Seems like it ;D

Güven
04-11-2010, 05:17 PM
So can I; its cleaning the blood off the bumpers afterwards which is the problem.
LOL

I think I need to take my glasses on more often when I drive because I crashed my car I don't know how many times. :skeleton:

Im planning to do a laser surgery though, so I can get rid of these glasses.

زهراء
04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I take them off most of the time. Depends on where I perform Salaah

Danah
04-11-2010, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Im planning to do a laser surgery though, so I can get rid of these glasses.
I advice you to watch a video of the surgery so you will have a prior idea about how it will be.

cat eyes
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
i remember i got an x ray done on my eyes oh my gosh my eyes were soar all day. so when the eye technician told me to come have a look at the x ray pict of my eyes she said i had very shiny eye balls ;D its so weird looking at your eyes from the inside

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!