/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why are some muslims so careless about interest?

innocent
04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Some muslims talk about the gain that they will get from a mortgage or other transaction that uses interest as if the gain will cancel out the haram. I have a deep hatred of interest but close family members do not see it as so haram. Why is this. It makes me feel like an extreme muslim when i am not. I'm just following the rules.
Is there any evidence that under certain circumstances interest is allowed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
There is no evidence if riba (interest) is allowed under circumstance. Riba is absolutely haram.

However, there are some transaction that look like riba but actually not riba.
In example :

- Someone borrow money from you for a business and you get 30% from the profit. This is not riba but profit sharing. This is halal.

- Someone borrow $100 from you. Few months later, this someone gives you $110 as the loan payment. There is no agreement about this extra money before and you do not expect any extra money, but this someone wants to give you an extra money. In this case, that $10 is considered as hadiah (gift). This is halal.

ahmed_indian
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
salaam alaikum,

you are not extreme muslim but following right path. may Allah reward you.

ardianto
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
We are not extreme if we avoid or forbid riba because riba is haram in Islam.
But we become extreme if we forbid money because there is no ayaah or hadits that say money is haram.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
04-15-2010, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
We are not extreme if we avoid or forbid riba because riba is haram in Islam.
But we become extreme if we forbid money because there is no ayaah or hadits that say money is haram.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that? How can anyone forbid money? What does that even mean?

ardianto
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that? How can anyone forbid money? What does that even mean?
And I don't understand why you feel you are extreme if you follow sharia rule ?.

Of course I never found a Muslim who forbid money, that's just an example. The point of that statement is, you are not extreme. :)

innocent
04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh I see. Jazakallah khair.

ardianto
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Wa Iyakum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!