/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Voices

Unregistered
04-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
I have a situation that has not yet been solved. My sister is hearing voices for probably about 4 years now. Before it was not this serious and we didn't really take it as much. Now, there are a lot of people in her head and she keeps telling us that they are real people. One of the main people that she hears is our neighbor. We took her to the doctor and they are thinking that this is a case of 'skitoprenia'. We think that it might be Sihr or Black Magic, something along that line. We are not too sure and these voices are really bothering her. She said that they are mean and they keep saying things over and over again. She sometimes has to cover her ears because there is so much. Insha'Allah please help us and please tell us what you think it is according to your knowledge. Jazakallahu Kairan.
May Allah (SWT) bless and reward you. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nokiacrazi
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Perhaps Jinn? :S

I really don't know. Try your best to offer salah, do zikr, make towba and recit Surah An Nas & Al Falaq. If not Four Quls.

glo
04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I cannot offer you Islamic advice, but if your sister suffers from schizophrenia then there should be treatment available. Has the doctor prescribed anything?

I found this information on schizophrenia on-line:
Hallucinations are sounds or other sensations experienced as real when they exist only in the person's mind. While hallucinations can involve any of the five senses, auditory hallucinations (e.g. hearing voices or some other sound) are most common in schizophrenia. Visual hallucinations are also relatively common. Research suggests that auditory hallucinations occur when people misinterpret their own inner self-talk as coming from an outside source.

Schizophrenic hallucinations are usually meaningful to the person experiencing them. Many times, the voices are those of someone they know. Most commonly, the voices are critical, vulgar, or abusive. Hallucinations also tend to be worse when the person is alone.
More information here.

There is evidence that chemical imbalances in certain neurotransmitters, proteins, and amino acids play a role in causing schizophrenia. It can be treated with medication.

Perhaps sister Skye can give you more medical advice.

I wish you and your sister well.

ardianto
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
:sl:

I have some experiences with jinns and supernatural.
So ..... , I think voices in your sister's mind is not caused by jinn or magic, but symptom of schizophrenia. Let doctor help her with medical/psychiatric treatment. And you help her with du'a.

Do not easy to assume if that is caused by black magic that sent by someone.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-20-2010, 05:46 AM
:sl:

Schizophrenia can also be caused by jinn/majic. If you seek advice from a doctor, your sister will be diagnosed with mental illness. So if there is something else wrong, it will go undetected.
Please go here http://www.missionislam.com/health/quranhealing.html and read about signs/symptoms and cures. Some signs of mental illness and jinn possession are similar.. but to those who know the signs and symptoms of sihr/possession the diagnosis is easy. The person who is possessed by jinn(s) almost always show distress when ruqyah (selected verses of al Quran used to treat jinn possession/sihr) is recited over them. They may faint, or the jinn might start talking. There are signs also apparent at other times.

Knowledge is a weapon, so please do read the page I've linked you to so that you are well informed of the signs and about what you need to do if you suspect blackmajic/sihr. Do not go to anyone who makes taweez and claims to cure all your problems. These people not only charge you a bomb in fees but they use jinns to do their work. This is haram and can bring more problems. Jinns are actually pathetically weak, and once you apply knowledge from the Quran and Sunnah against them, inshaAllah, there is no jinn who will be able to harm you. La hawla wa la quwwata illah billah. Even their daddy, Iblis, dares not enter the house in which surah al Baqarah is recited for three days. Then imagine how weak his followers must be.? If you don't see any signs of sihr/possession, and believe me there are many, only then seek help from a doctor. May Allah cure your sister. Ameen.

'Abd-al Latif
04-20-2010, 10:22 AM
:wasalamex

These voices she is hearing are voices of the jinn because jinns can imitate the voices or appearance of anyone, these voices will be despicable and reprehensible and it will bother her a lot. She may be effected by magic also. Doctors won't know anything about this because they barely believe in religion, they will give her medication that will only make her situation worse.

Tell her to recite the last three Surah's of Qur'an everyday after fajr prayer in the morning and after maghrib prayer during the evening. The first of these three Surah's (Surah Al-Ikhlaas) affirm the tahweed (Oneness) of Allah, affirming that help can only be sought from Him. The second Surah (Surah Al-Khalaq) is protection against magic and the third surah (Surah Al-Naas) is a protection against the satanic whispers of Satan. All three of these must be recited, three times each.

Salahudeen
04-20-2010, 01:22 PM
The medication works in some cases, we can't attribute every mental illness to jinn, why don't you try both options, try the medication from the doctor and also try the Islamic remedies like Ruqya.

There's nothing that says you can't make use of both remedies.

abu_musab461
04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
very very true

glo
04-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Any news on your sister, OP?

cat eyes
04-29-2010, 01:59 PM
qur'an and salah are weapons against these jinns. its one of the reasons why people don't get cured because they are not willing to help themselves.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!