/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Automatic audios on webpages

BintAbee
04-18-2010, 01:07 PM
:sl:

I don't know what's the correct term for these things, but it's basically an embeded audio clip and it loads every time you open the particular webpage. It doesn't play though, it just starts loading and you can click on play if you want to listen to it. Is it possible to prevent it from loading automatically when the webage is opened?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
are you making that webpage, or you're just using it (client) ? if you're not the owner of that webpage, then I don't think you can change it.

But If you're making that webpage and you want to add an embedded audio file, then you're probably using the HTML tag <EMBED>, and you can use its attribute autostart to make it (or prevent it) start automatically when the page is opened, just put : AUTOSTART=TRUE or AUTOSTART=FALSE
example
<EMBED
SRC="../graphics/sounds/helloo.wav"
AUTOSTART=TRUE
WIDTH=144 HEIGHT=60
>
is that what are you talking about ? (or am I saying stupid things ? :-\ )

can you display the HTML code of that page ?

BintAbee
04-18-2010, 03:54 PM
^ :><:

I'm not making any webpage. It's just on a forum. When you open the page, the embeded audios start loading automatically. I suspect it has to do with my internet explorer settings, but I don't know how to change any settings and I don't want to mess things up :hmm:

It's this page >http://www.mazameer.com/vb/t102771.html. Post 5, 9, 11, 12, 13 etc... have the embedded audios that are loading

marwen
04-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I see :hmm:
I think it's not supposed to be loaded automatically : it doesn't start automaticaly when i open that page with my browser, I use Firefox 3.6.3.

I think yes, it may be related to Internet Explorer. Try to change some config :
Tools -> options -> advanced -> multimedia , and uncheck the "read sound in web pages" option (or something like that) and then try again.
Attachment 4041
(I'm sorry mine is with frensh language)

I can't test it with my Internet Explorer because it doesn't work correctly on my PC.

if it doesn't work again May be you should Install another browser : I just hate Internet Explorer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
04-18-2010, 04:21 PM
:sl: You could try this addon if you use firefox.

BintAbee
04-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Bro marwen, it didn't work. The page still loads the sound clips.
Bro Alpha, I don't use fire fox and I don't intend to change my browser, coz I might just mess things up :X

Alpha Dude
04-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Bro Alpha, I don't use fire fox and I don't intend to change my browser, coz I might just mess things up :X
Lol what do you mean? How could you mess things up by using firefox? :><: I don't think it's possible.

I would advise firefox because it supposed to be safer than IE anyway. :hmm:

BintAbee
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
^ I don't know :><: Thing is, I don't know much about these things and I'm a bit reluctant to try out something new. But I've just realised that I have google chrome installed on my computer. I've tried it and it works: The sounds don't load automatically. But the thing is my google chrome dowloaded in Arabic :X and I can't find the option to change the language :embarrass Maybe someone could help me with that?

marwen
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
^ I don't know :><: Thing is, I don't know much about these things and I'm a bit reluctant to try out something new. But I've just realised that I have google chrome installed on my computer. I've tried it and it works: The sounds don't load automatically. But the thing is my google chrome dowloaded in Arabic :X and I can't find the option to change the language :embarrass Maybe someone could help me with that?
As Alpha Dude said, Firefox is the best. But Google Chrome is fine too, and it resolved the problem as you said. I don't think you're able to change the language once you installed it (it's fixed in the setup file), So why you don't try to download and install a new copy of Google Chrome : http://www.google.com/chrome, and you can choose the language before downloading. Just download the file and execute it to install.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!