/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does God demand worship?

Darth Ultor
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
God is described in every faith as something beyond human comprehension, an all-know all-powerful spiritual force intertwined with everything physical and spiritual, yet is nothing like His creation. It seems rather ungodly for Him to demand worship and submission as if He is human king ruling an absolute monarchy. I worship God out of respect and gratitude, but I worship God out of choice, and choice alone. It also doesn't seem right that God, who is referred to as the Most Merciful in almost every Sura except the ninth, would be so quick to anger and be so harsh in punishments in the Hereafter for such little offenses.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Indeed, it does seem very wierd for an omnipotent diety to desire worship from His human creation- not to mention why God would be angered when His creation don't worship Him when He's granted them freewill. Surely if all worship was what God wanted, He would not give man free will?

جوري
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
God demands worship as a conditioning of your soul and for the good of it..
It is a way for you to establish a relationship and a covenant with God, as well it is an undisputed fact that the healing physiology and psychology of those who do good and perform rituals for their faith fare better than those who don't. The benefits of prayer itself has been compared to SSRI without the harmful side effects of course..

One only harms themselves when they neglect the call that they were created for

2: [57] --- (but they rebelled); to Us they did no harm, but they harmed their own souls.

surely God doesn't need your rituals anymore than a land-owner needs you eating free off his fruits.. But God provides for you every day in every way and what he asks is for the better of you!

hope that answers your query in a nutshell

all the best

islamirama
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Allah states in the Quran that He created man to be His Khalefah, His trustee on earth (Quran 2:30). Mankind’s basic trust, our responsibility, is to believe in and worship Allah:

And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me… (Quran, 51:56-58)

Very simple! The purpose for man’s creation is to worship the Creator. The essence of Allah’s message through all of the prophets also was: O mankind, worship Allah, you have no deity other than Him. (Quran, 7:59,65,73,85; Also 11:50,61,84; and 23:23,32). Allah further states that He made this life in order to test man so that every person may be recompensed after death for what he has earned:

[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving. (Quran, 67:2)

http://www.islam-guide.com/purpose-of-life.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I think the simple answer is because its His will, just like He commands us to pray, to give alms, to be good people etc

He has created this system for mankind to live by, either you accept it or you reject it, the outcome of your decision has been made clear. Some things can't be questioned for logic, they're simply Allahs will, its like asking why He created the earth or people.

Allah commanding you to worship Him is not a matter of His needs, rather its for your own benefit/needs if you want to succeed in this process of life that He has created, all He requires is that you worship and remain loyal to one who created you.

Darth Ultor
04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I find meditation to be more beneficial to the human spirit and his or her connection to God than prayer. Really, the only time that I don't feel that I'm doing a ritual by praying is on Yom Kippur.

Predator
04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
It seems rather ungodly for Him to demand worship and submission as if He is human king ruling an absolute monarchy.
It seems rather blasphemous and rebellious of you to portray your creator as if he were some tyrant ruling over you .
The Prophet (PBUH) said -God had created 3 groups of Angels praying to him NON-STOP still Judgement day . One were praying standing, the other 2 were praying while prostrating and bowing to him. And when the trumpet for doomsday was blown , the angels looked up to God and said " O Lord , we have not given you enough worship "

aadil77
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Indeed, it does seem very wierd for an omnipotent diety to desire worship from His human creation- not to mention why God would be angered when His creation don't worship Him when He's granted them freewill. Surely if all worship was what God wanted, He would not give man free will?
Its not a desire, god has no desires or needs.

But can you answer this question, why did god create earth or people, why did he create all the planets in space?

Did he desire to have to create these things, was it just for fun, to watch a little world of people and then eventually send some to hell, then some to heaven? No, we simply don't have the knowledge to know the reasoning behind His will - All we can say is that it was His will and we have to accept it, so in the same way don't assume that god would want us to worship Him out of His desires

cat eyes
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Praying is like medicine for the soul.. it increases ones belief in god. it dose so many things that non muslims cannot understand but why do you think Allah cares whether some one prays or not? thats upto them. they simply get punishments because when one has not prayed at all through his life, he has no iman because not praying weakens ones belief and they fear Allah less this results in humans doing so many sins

Darth Ultor
04-21-2010, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
It seems rather blasphemous and rebellious of you to portray your creator as if he were some tyrant ruling over you
I did not portray God like that, you're just taking what I said out of context. If you read the whole post, you would know that I say that I worship God out of respect and gratitude. I really don't like it when some people portray God as a dictator when He is not at all. What I was saying that the way the punishments are described for not worshiping God are inconsistent with Him being Most-Merciful. I think that conditions for reward and punishment in the Hereafter is a lot more sophisticated than that.

aadil77
04-21-2010, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
What I was saying that the way the punishments are described for not worshiping God are inconsistent with Him being Most-Merciful. I think that conditions for reward and punishment in the Hereafter is a lot more sophisticated than that.
Not really, is it that hard to worship Him and Him alone? seems a simple task in return for eternal paradise. After a lifetime of sin when someone accepts the truth - Allahs gives them a clean slate, every one of their sins is forgiven - if that is not Most-Merciful I don't know what is.

Predator
04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Not really, is it that hard to worship Him and Him alone? seems a simple task in return for eternal paradise. After a lifetime of sin when someone accepts the truth - Allahs gives them a clean slate, every one of their sins is forgiven - if that is not Most-Merciful I don't know what is.
A Hajj and A pilgimage to Makkah in Ramadan, if accepted by God also results in forgiveness of Sin. Allah is most merciful

CosmicPathos
04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Well in ISlam, every matter which is permissible, if it done with the intention of loving Allah is a matter of worship. So we are not being forced to do every action with that intention. but if we do then God calls that action worship too. THere are only few obligatory prayers that we Muslims have to do (Obligatory prayers daily, fasting, hajj, and zakat). The rest is optional and we do all out of love for Him.

Can a Muslim be a Muslim who loves and believes in Allah yet ignores obligatory prayers? If he thinks that they are not obligatory then he is outside the fold of Islam because he has contradicted himself by saying that he believes in Almighty Allah yet ignores His command.

Regarding God throwing people in Hellfire for just not believing in His existence, well that is how it is. Just like how we on Earth exist when we did not have any say in our existence! Yet we dont question why we exist, we rather enjoy worldly life, then why question why Heaven and Hell exist?

And regarding God being All-Merciful does not mean that He is just that. He is also All-Wrathful.

aadil77
04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
A Hajj and A pilgimage to Makkah in Ramadan, if accepted by God also results in forgiveness of Sin. Allah is most merciful
Allah has given us soo many opps to be forgiven of our sins, sincere repentance on certain days and times - and you can get all your sins washed away
So many opps to gain massive rewards, from fasting in the month of ramadan to the simple act of looking at your parents with love
So many blessings given to us throughout life, blessings even in disguise

'Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny? '
(55:13)

marwen
04-21-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm not really able to explain Allah's will. Allah wanted us to worship him and that's his will.
But I'm sure Allah asked us to worship him for our best, because Allah has no interest in our prayer, he ordered us to pray just to become better persons. Worshipping Allah will let you concentrate all your trust in one God to not be confused. And repeated prayer make us remember good morals and purify our souls from sins and bad ideas. And as a result, the earth become a safer place and the conflicts and violence between people will be less. The social role of prayer/religion is very important because man-made laws are not very respected by people, the laws based on belief(religion) are more sacred and more respected because they emerge from your inside as a believer. Repetitive prayer is a way to remember always these "religious" laws so they will be more respected.

Darth Ultor
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't mean to sound blasphemous, but prayer doesn't give me as strong a connection with God as, let's say, meditation or giving charity or volunteering for an organization which tries to create a fun environment for kids with cancer. I do pray though. Most of all, there are personal experiences that make feel connected to God. I put my trust in God and never lose faith and try to be a better person.

Ramadhan
04-22-2010, 05:09 AM
You need to brush up on your bible.

Jesus pbuh himself worship God regularly, he prostrated, he prayed.

Ramadhan
04-22-2010, 05:12 AM
I did not portray God like that, you're just taking what I said out of context. If you read the whole post, you would know that I say that I worship God out of respect and gratitude. I really don't like it when some people portray God as a dictator when He is not at all. What I was saying that the way the punishments are described for not worshiping God are inconsistent with Him being Most-Merciful. I think that conditions for reward and punishment in the Hereafter is a lot more sophisticated than that.
Clearly, man is stubborn and blinded by his own intellect.

Even after given knowledge of great rewards and great punishments, man is still in dispute whether to worship God.

Ramadhan
04-22-2010, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bigups
Thats not blasphemy. There are allot of people who dont "feel" a connection to God strictly thruogh prayer. Medetation is a great way to get connected.
you jumped into other people conversation without reading the sequence.

read again.

Airforce said it was rather blasphemous and rebellious of Boaz because Boaz said: "It seems rather ungodly for Him to demand worship and submission as if He is human king ruling an absolute monarchy."

if that is not rather blasphemous to you, then I pity you.

By the way, are you Big Guy/Italian Guy?

Supreme
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

That is not in dispute here. What is in dispute is the motive of an omnipotent deity desiring worship. Boaz is completely right- it does seem like the wishes of a God lacking in self esteem and confidence, that they would create a race with the pure intentions of that race worshipping Him. Why such a diety would give a race free will, when all He wanted was worship and could have given the race no choice but to worship,, is also a valid point.

cat eyes
04-22-2010, 04:51 PM

No point explaining you see because non muslims don't even read there bible

Its also quite irritating when they rant on about muslimahs dressing modest from head to toe when there own nuns do it

everything they criticize about islam is written right in there own scriptures. are they following Christianity or Judaism or what are they following? before i ever reverted to islam. imam told me to read bible and torah first before even trying to explain islam to me and then when i eventually did read quran everything made sense.

did yous all just come on to this forum to learn or to complain and criticize? i sometimes wonder. god has given you a brain to learn yeah so use it.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
That is not in dispute here. What is in dispute is the motive of an omnipotent deity desiring worship. Boaz is completely right- it does seem like the wishes of a God lacking in self esteem and confidence, that they would create a race with the pure intentions of that race worshipping Him. Why such a diety would give a race free will, when all He wanted was worship and could have given the race no choice but to worship,, is also a valid point.
whats the motive of god wanting you to accept jesus as your 'saviour', is it out of desires? If thats all He wanted he could have given the race no choice but to accept jesus as their saviour

Either you ignored my previous post or did not come across it, please reffer to it

Supreme
04-22-2010, 05:00 PM
whats the motive of god wanting you to accept jesus as your 'saviour', is it out of desires? If thats all He wanted he could have given the race no choice but to accept jesus as their saviour

Either you ignored my previous post or did not come across it, please reffer to it
I saw your previous post. It appears to have the bare minimum answer that is 'God's will'. Which is fine. It is a sufficient answer for you. But it is not a sufficient answer for me- yet. By asking questions such as these, do you not see that you are only going to make yourself think more and less ignorant?

Darth Ultor
04-22-2010, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
did yous all just come on to this forum to learn or to complain and criticize? i sometimes wonder. god has given you a brain to learn yeah so use it.
To learn, but I don't just follow everything without question..

marwen
04-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Why such a diety would give a race free will, when all He wanted was worship and could have given the race no choice but to worship,, is also a valid point.
Let's take an example between humans : do you prefer that a friend give you a gift because he was affraid of you or because he needed some benefit from you, or because he is forced to give you a gift (you can imagine you are a king and people are forced to give you gifts or they die ;b). I'm sure you don't like that, I'm sure you prefer that some friend give you a gift with a free will and volunteerely, because it'll mean a lot for you. The same way, there will not be a reward if people are forced to worship God. God wanted people to worship him, but he wanted them to do that willingly because they wanted to do it not because they're forced to do.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I saw your previous post. It appears to have the bare minimum answer that is 'God's will'. Which is fine. It is a sufficient answer for you. But it is not a sufficient answer for me- yet. By asking questions such as these, do you not see that you are only going to make yourself think more and less ignorant?
Don't get what you're saying, but since you haven't answered my questions it shows alot about you requiring a 'sufficient answer',

do you have a 'sufficient answer' to the questions I've asked?

cat eyes
04-22-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2KVv8D57w

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Allah states in the Quran that He created man to be His Khalefah, His trustee on earth (Quran 2:30). Mankind’s basic trust, our responsibility, is to believe in and worship Allah:
So this makes God be very selfish and makes him have conditional love for the mankind.
I created you, now you must worship me or else you'll go to hell ?
Is God crying for attention?

I don't think so.

islamirama
04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EllyDicious
So this makes God be very selfish and makes him have conditional love for the mankind.

I don't think so.
Think what you like, He is not defined nor limited by your views and beliefs. He is the Creator and He creates whatever he wants for whatever purpose.

CosmicPathos
04-22-2010, 05:46 PM

I don't think so.
Sure. Since He brought you from filth into Ellydicious, you must worship Him or otherwise you'll go back to filth. Its your choice.

Supreme
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Don't get what you're saying, but since you haven't answered my questions it shows alot about you requiring a 'sufficient answer',

do you have a 'sufficient answer' to the questions I've asked?
I assumed your question(s) to be rhetorical. They don't have a great deal of relevance to the discussion at hand.

Supreme
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Let's take an example between humans : do you prefer that a friend give you a gift because he was affraid of you or because he needed some benefit from you, or because he is forced to give you a gift (you can imagine you are a king and people are forced to give you gifts or they die ;b). I'm sure you don't like that, I'm sure you prefer that some friend give you a gift with a free will and volunteerely, because it'll mean a lot for you. The same way, there will not be a reward if people are forced to worship God. God wanted people to worship him, but he wanted them to do that willingly because they wanted to do it not because they're forced to do.
Yes, but I am not omnipotent like God. God has everything and anything- surely you're giving too little credit to an incredibly powerful being by claiming that, despite His immense power, He wants 'gifts'?

marwen
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM

I don't think so.
Allah doesn't need our worship neither will he feel better if all humans are worshipping him. Allah wanted us to do worship because he knows it's the best thing for us to do, and also to give us reward.

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Think what you like, He is not defined nor limited by your views and beliefs. He is the Creator and He creates whatever he wants for whatever purpose.
I don't think I'm limiting him. I think you guys are limiting him by giving him some human attributes that make Him sound low in character.

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Sure. Since He brought you from filth into Ellydicious, you must worship Him or otherwise you'll go back to filth. Its your choice.
We all will go back to filth. Do you think you'll be living eternally?
We all will die someday [whether you're a believer or not].
He chose to give me life, I didn't ask him to give me life so I'm not obligated to worship Him. [Sure, I THANK Him for giving me life ... no doubt].

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Allah doesn't need our worship neither will he feel better if all humans are worshipping him. Allah wanted us to do worship because he knows it's the best thing for us to do, and also to give us reward.
Still the reward is conditioned. It goes back to what I said. It's a conditional love. Worship me and I'll reward you.

CosmicPathos
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CosmicPathos
04-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't think I'm limiting him. I think you guys are limiting him by giving him some human attributes that make Him sound low in character.

He chose to give me life, I didn't ask him to give me life so I'm not obligated to worship Him. [Sure, I THANK Him for giving me life ... no doubt].
Well, sure we will all die away. I was referring to Filth as Hell fire.

LOL @ you did not ask Him to give you birth. Sure. More appropriate question is that were you worthy enough to ask HIM?

marwen
04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, but I am not omnipotent like God. God has everything and anything- surely you're giving too little credit to an incredibly powerful being by claiming that, despite His immense power, He wants 'gifts'?
It's just an example to simplify the idea. But let's not say God wanted "gifts", let's rather say God wanted us to be thankful for what he did for us, and to express our thankfulness by worshipping him and executing his orders.

marwen
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Still the reward is conditioned. It goes back to what I said. It's a conditional love. Worship me and I'll reward you.
what's your definition to reward ?
How can you give reward to people if they haven't done any work. It will be ridiculous to give the same reward to all humans : those who believed in God and those who didn't, those who worshipped God and obeyed his orders and those who didn't. This whole life will have no sense.

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
were you worthy enough to ask HIM?
Though I didn't ask Him, the fact that He brought me here, means I was worthy enough to come into this world ;)

We'll never know the reasons behind our existence, but apparently this world needs us.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I assumed your question(s) to be rhetorical. They don't have a great deal of relevance to the discussion at hand.
stop evading and just answer.

They are completely relevent because by your logic anything god does or wants from us can be out of 'desires' or from 'lacking self esteem' or 'confidence'

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
what's your definition to reward ?
How can you give reward to people if they haven't done any work. It will be ridiculous to give the same reward to all humans : those who believed in God and those who didn't, those who worshipped God and obeyed his orders and those who didn't. This whole life will have no sense.
This whole life makes perfect sense. You are rewarded in this life. You get what you give, in this life. You'll get punished in this life.

What goes around, comes back around ... IN THIS LIFE.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Yh it is conditioned, everything you own, everything that exists is Allah's, He wants you to worship him either you play by His rules (which aren't difficult) or you get punished for it - simple.

In the same way if you accept His commands, you'll get rewarded for it immensely, much more than the effort you put into it

aadil77
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
This whole life makes perfect sense. You are rewarded in this life. You get what you give, in this life. You'll get punished in this life.

thats a stupid thing to say, how do people suffering in poverty get rewarded in this life? Was it their fault they were born into it - is it punshment?

marwen
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM

:) My Sister, you really have an interesting vision of life. But what about people who killed innocent people and escaped : they're not punished. What about good people who give charity to others ? did they get a check with at least the money they spent when they come back home ? You will find many examples showing that this life is not "fair". There must be continuation in the afterlife to reward good people or punish bad ones. We need to look at the big picture, not only at this short life, otherwise we will feel very upset about our life.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
she's ran out of brain cells, she's finding it hard to prove her disbelief in truth

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 06:28 PM
:) My Sister, you really have an interesting vision of life. But what about people who killed innocent people and escaped : they're not punished.
Don't worry.
God can be late, but He never forgets ;)

What about good people who give charity to others ? did they get a check with at least the money they spent when they come back home ? You will find many examples showing that this life is not "fair". There must be continuation in the afterlife to reward good people or punish bad ones. We need to look at the big picture, not only at this short life, otherwise we will feel very upset about our life.
You should not forget that life changes and it's never the same. If today you're going down, tomorrow you'll go up or the opposite.

omar ibrahim
04-22-2010, 06:38 PM

Firstly we dont give him some human attributes in fact islam is the only religion which does not compare the creator,we believe that the creator is above the creation

not a human neither has thoughts of creation.Muslims do not paint pictures for the creator like many religions do almost all.The sort of worshipping is by obying him

according to the final scripture the holy quran.^^

omar ibrahim
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Don't worry.

ok good to know that you believe that they will not run out from God s punishment

You should not forget that life changes and it's never the same. If today you're going down, tomorrow you'll go up or the opposite.
Sorry sister you are absolutely,wrong sorry for saying that, some people born as riches and die as riches and same the opposite same the good people and bad people ^^,so is not right that God has to judge them?^^

omar ibrahim
04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
she's ran out of brain cells, she's finding it hard to prove her disbelief in truth
never say that brother,she is following her opinions and thinks that God will leave us without a guidance even if you dont believe in the next life you should at least believe that God will not leave us
without a guidance because you believe that God is justice as you mentiond

and

Don't worry.

^^

omar ibrahim
04-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Though I didn't ask Him, the fact that He brought me here, means I was worthy enough to come into this world ;)ok so did hetler and osama ^^

We'll never know the reasons behind our existence, but apparently this world needs us.
I prefer you use I in instead of we ^^

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar ibrahim
Sorry sister you are absolutely,wrong sorry for saying that, some people born as riches and die as riches and same the opposite same the good people and bad people ^^,so is not right that God has to judge them?^^
Do you think being rich is happiness???
God gives you something with one hand, and takes it with the other hand.
Rich people have more problems in their life than normal/poor people. Rich people may never be happy in their life. Money doesn't buy happiness.

There's a price you have to pay for being rich.

EllyDicious
04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar ibrahim
ok so did hetler and osama
God decided to bring them into this life for reasons we don't know yet.
So yes, the world needed them, too.

God knows it better.

Supreme
04-22-2010, 07:20 PM
stop evading and just answer.

They are completely relevent because by your logic anything god does or wants from us can be out of 'desires' or from 'lacking self esteem' or 'confidence'
Can you repost the questions?

Dagless
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
What about the people it doesn't change for? Those born with disabilities? Those who are never ill a day in their lives? Those who die as children or at birth? Things are not as even as you think. There is balance but the bigger punishments and rewards are to come.

omar ibrahim
04-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Do you think being rich is happiness???
God gives you something with one hand, and takes it with the other hand.
Rich people have more problems in their life than normal/poor people. Rich people may never be happy in their life. Money doesn't buy happiness.<<no rich is not the only thing i agree that some rich people have no happiness in their life but some do have even though they are bad,ok let us leave happiness what about killers steallers rappers etc who did not cautch by the police
how about hitler who killed 6 millions souls!! commmmon

There's a price you have to pay for being rich.<<i am a rich and i am happy is it fare for poor people?

omar ibrahim
04-22-2010, 07:39 PM

ok nice answers ^^

My question is should not be the person who killed 6 millions souls be punished?

God knows it better. i congaritulate you for saying that ^^
.................................................. ......

CosmicPathos
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Don't worry.

That does not change the injustices.

You are influenced by Karmic philosophy I think. We will suffer in this life whatever we do eh? Hindus believe that a man is reborn in different forms depending on his Karma. If he attains Mukti through religious worship, he will not be born again and that is the closest to the concept of heaven in Hindus.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Can you repost the questions?
here's the links to the posts

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...=1#post1320235

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...=1#post1320564

aadil77
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM

God knows it better.
You don't make any sense, first you said you get punished and rewarded in this life, when clearly hitler did not get punished

now you're saying god makes people sin

sounds like you're making this up as you go, you really are confused?!

Predator
04-23-2010, 04:00 PM
There is no real excuse for not praying

These are the employees working in oil company in Saudi Arabia daily they have to work 4-5 hours in water inside sea during that if there is prayer time they pray in the water itself.

Now that is real commitment

Prophet Muhammad(s.a.s) said

Prayer is the main difference between muslim and disbeliever

And also he said…….

Biggest theft is theft of salah(namaz)

Darth Ultor
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
That is both funny and admirable of those workers. But mostly admirable.

aadil77
04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
That is both funny and admirable of those workers. But mostly admirable.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007...aceexploration

have a look at this, how malaysian astronauts prayed in space

Darth Ultor
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
That is really amazing. One thing that amazes me about Islamic culture is that they revolve their schedule around prayer and not vice versa.

جوري
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
That is really amazing. One thing that amazes me about Islamic culture is that they revolve their schedule around prayer and not vice versa.
I have seen devoted Jews do the same even when traveling on airplanes.. in fact I got into such a conversation with a Hasidic Jew from a flight to NY to JFK and I wondered if he had mistaken me for a Jewish woman because he was so friendly, and we got into talking about prayer, sometime around sunrise and I don't know if that were a specific time for prayer of if simply they were doing it as a prayer of travel but three of them got up and prayed together..

everything in life is ancillary God comes first.. if he giveth he can also taketh away.. we delude our selves that our jobs and families and children and money is what matters.. in fact all of it can be lost in an instant.. what then will you have? whether you have everything or nothing.. you are the poorest man if you have no faith in your heart...

peace

Dagless
04-23-2010, 04:57 PM

Would you still need wudu when praying like this?
Why not wait until they have finished their underwater task? Is that a wreck of some sort? If so it must be quite deep. I think prayer would take up a large percentage of the oxygen in their tanks which imo is wasteful.

aadil77
04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Would you still need wudu when praying like this?
Why not wait until they have finished their underwater task? Is that a wreck of some sort? If so it must be quite deep. I think prayer would take up a large percentage of the oxygen in their tanks which imo is wasteful.
Ofcourse you'd need wudhu, they won't even be able to do tayyamum because theres no contact with the skin. But its easy just keep your wudhu and try not to break it. Salaah is much more important than anything they're doin, if they're gonna be down there for a few hours, they might not be able to pray on time when they get back out, so they probably have to pray there.

I doubt its wasteful if they can stay down for that long

LauraS
04-24-2010, 10:14 PM
lol! I'm glad this thread was created because iy's something I've been thinking about too. So God created people so He could be worshipped? He needs billions of people to worship Him everyday and if you don't when you die you will suffer for eternity? Insecurity and petulance at all? It brings to mind some of the old Quaker beliefs where everythings a sin including music and basically your only enjoyment can be through God, but surely God wanted us to live and enjoy ourselves! Yes if you believe in God, you can thank him for the earth that is on the whole a beautiful place, but can the required prayers be sometimes a little excessive? I have my own version of God in my head and he isn't so harsh as religion makes him out to be. I must admit, I would love for there to be a God.

جوري
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
God has no needs. Pls follow the entire dialogue of the thread!

all the best

aadil77
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
lol! I'm glad this thread was created because iy's something I've been thinking about too. So God created people so He could be worshipped? He needs billions of people to worship Him everyday and if you don't when you die you will suffer for eternity? Insecurity and petulance at all? It brings to mind some of the old Quaker beliefs where everythings a sin including music and basically your only enjoyment can be through God, but surely God wanted us to live and enjoy ourselves! Yes if you believe in God, you can thank him for the earth that is on the whole a beautiful place, but can the required prayers be sometimes a little excessive? I have my own version of God in my head and he isn't so harsh as religion makes him out to be. I must admit, I would love for there to be a God.
I don't think of it that way, you can question all day why god did this or wants that, why He created angels to serve Him, why He made earth, heaven, hell etc. Theres no logic behind any of these beliefs, in islam we just accept it as Allah will, for you I doubt it would be enough to accept.

But this is how I think of it, Allah has created everything including us, we're living on His planet so we play by His rules, simple as that. In the end we get an unimaginable reward for the little effort we put in to worship Him. You think this is harsh, we think its mercyful.

Pygoscelis
04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi Laura, welcome to the board. I assume from your post that you are an agnostic or atheist? You would be the first I've met that wants there to be a God. I have heard tell of such people but you'd be the first I actually met. So, glad to meet you! :) I think you'll bring a fresh and interesting perspective on things, as opposed to all the theists here and atheists like myself who are happy there is no god.

LauraS
04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Hi Laura, welcome to the board. I assume from your post that you are an agnostic or atheist? You would be the first I've met that wants there to be a God. I have heard tell of such people but you'd be the first I actually met. So, glad to meet you! :) I think you'll bring a fresh and interesting perspective on things, as opposed to all the theists here and atheists like myself who are happy there is no god.
Hello, nice to meet you too. :) Yeah I'm completely undecided what's going on out there lol. If there is a God why did He suddenly stop showing himself in every religion around 2000 years ago and why a number of other things too, yet I think there is something more to everything than meets the eye. I believe in spirits and that maybe we have spirit guides. Heck I'm just not sure lol, but yeah I quite like the idea there's something watching over us whether God or spirits. I think the evolution theory beats the creation story in believability, I find it hard to grasp the concept on this forum that people find everything created from a being waving his hand in the air far more believable than that it gradually evolved even though there are skulls out there that show the gradual transformation into the human beings we are today as well as with other animals. :S What created God? Something must have done, nothing just pops from nowhere (Apart from the earth apparently :p ) yet where did the dust particles come from to cause the Big Bang? Maybe the Bhuddists have the right idea in saying we just shouldn't bother asking these questions lol.

Ramadhan
04-28-2010, 03:39 AM
What created God?
God is The Creator, He is Uncreated, He has no beginning and no end.

QS Al Ikhlas:

Say: He is Allah, the One!

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not nor was begotten.

And there is none comparable unto Him.

Pygoscelis
04-28-2010, 01:40 PM
God is uncreated. So you say. There is no reason for me to believe the claim though, especially when you folks make all these arguments about how something can't come from nothing and about how complicated and powerful things must be created.

aadil77
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
God is uncreated. So you say. There is no reason for me to believe the claim though, especially when you folks make all these arguments about how something can't come from nothing and about how complicated and powerful things must be created.
Ofcourse you don't you're an atheist, you don't even believe in god

marwen
04-28-2010, 01:52 PM
.. especially when you folks make all these arguments about how something can't come from nothing and about how complicated and powerful things must be created.
There is no contradiction in what we say.

If we suppose God exists and he created everything, then we have this rule :
Rule : Every created thing must have a cause of his existence, and his existence should have a beginning.

That rule is only applied to the created things, we have not the right to generalize it to be applied to the Creator.

For example, it's stupid to say that the Carpenter who created a Door have the same characteristics of the Door he created.

Pygoscelis
04-28-2010, 02:05 PM
This is what we call special pleading. There is no reason to assume this God could have come from nothing or always existed. Just as your arguments would say we shouldn't assume the universe came from nothing or always existed. Instead you look at the universe and try to make logical inferences from what you see. If God made the universe, who made God? There is no more reason to assume nobody created God than to assume nobody created the universe. And this goes on in infinite regress. By introducing each level of creator you just complicate things that much more. There is no way to know at what level to stop, if at any. The simple truth is we don't know, and it'd be refreshing if more folks could admit that.

marwen
04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
If God made the universe, who made God?
No one. No one made God. God just exists. It seems illogical/impossible but that's only in our limited logic. And our reasoning cannot be applied to our Creator. It's like you are in a closed box, you cannot make reasoning about what exists out the box based just on the ideas you collected from the inside of the box.

Skavau
04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
No one. No one made God. God just exists. It seems illogical/impossible but that's only in our limited logic. And our reasoning cannot be applied to our Creator. It's like you are in a closed box, you cannot make reasoning about what exists out the box based just on the ideas you collected from the inside of the box.
We are expected then to believe that the universe was far too complex to have just been, or just be (eternally) but we are not expected to hold a hypothetical (and necessarily, far more complicated and powerful) deity to the same scrutiny. You would have us suspend the very logic you invoke us to embark upon against a godless existence and willingly suspend our reasoning when we apply to God. This is identical to telling us that your position is not based on reason.

marwen
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
The universe can be grasped by reason, but not the creator of the universe. You cannot expect that you can describe God just by your reason or observation. The only thing about God that may be accessible to the reason is the existence of God. But How he existed, what does he look like, .. are questions out of our reason. They need 'reason' + 'belief' + 'revelation from God' to have answers.

Skavau
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
The universe can be grasped by reason, but not the creator of the universe. You cannot expect that you can describe God just by your reason or observation. The only thing about God that may be accessible to the reason is the existence of God. But How he existed, what does he look like, .. are questions out of our reason. They need 'reason' + 'belief' + 'revelation from God' to have answers.
I have no reason to take your position seriously then. You come to me and tell me that you believe in an entity that cannot be observed, cannot be grasped by reason and lives 'outside' of all known reality. Iti s by your own admission, unreasonable.

Dagless
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
We are expected then to believe that the universe was far too complex to have just been, or just be (eternally) but we are not expected to hold a hypothetical (and necessarily, far more complicated and powerful) deity to the same scrutiny. You would have us suspend the very logic you invoke us to embark upon against a godless existence and willingly suspend our reasoning when we apply to God. This is identical to telling us that your position is not based on reason.
How can you compare the universe with God? We already know, beyond reasonable doubt, our universe is not eternal and will eventually die out.

I have no reason to take your position seriously then. You come to me and tell me that you believe in an entity that cannot be observed, cannot be grasped by reason and lives 'outside' of all known reality. Iti s by your own admission, unreasonable.
It is possible to grasp by reason that there is a God (i.e. there is an outside to the box), but not possible to comprehend or fully understand that God.

marwen
04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
If you admit that your reason can let you know everything and there is nothing out of the reach of reason, then yes you don't have to take my position seriously.
I say that there are things or concepts that need more than reason to be understood. For you that's unreasonable. For me it's wise enough to admit our reason has limits.

Skavau
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
How can you compare the universe with God? We already know, beyond reasonable doubt, our universe is not eternal and will eventually die out.
I did not say our universe. I said the universe.

How can I compare the universe with God? Both are, by everyone's admission unknowns. We do not know much at all about the universe prior to the Big Bang. We do not know anything whatsoever about an alleged deity. Why should exemptions be applied to a deity (that some propose, not know to exist), and restrictions on the universe?

That's not at all what he said. It is possible to grasp by reason that there is a God (i.e. there is an outside to the box), but not possible to comprehend or fully understand that God.
He did say. He said our reasoning cannot be applied to our creator (click here). He said that God cannot be described by reason or observation (click here). He also has stated that God lives "outside of the box" (see first link).

Dagless
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I did not say our universe. I said the universe.

How can I compare the universe with God? Both are, by everyone's admission unknowns. We do not know much at all about the universe prior to the Big Bang. We do not know anything whatsoever about an alleged deity. Why should exemptions be applied to a deity (that some propose, not know to exist), and restrictions on the universe?
Our universe is the universe. When people talk about the universe they are speaking of one and the same. So you do not know what came before the big bang but disagree that we can say the same thing about God?
You agree that there must have been something before the big bang but cannot find out what it is, likewise we know there is a God but cannot understand him.

He did say. He said our reasoning cannot be applied to our creator (click here). He said that God cannot be described by reason or observation (click here). He also has stated that God lives "outside of the box" (see first link).
Obviously you did not read the part in bold. As said in my previous post God's existence is within understanding, God is not.
I also don't like speaking for marwen, hence removed start of my previous post. Only he knows what he meant but my interpretation is that he is saying the above.

Skavau
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Our universe is the universe. When people talk about the universe they are speaking of one and the same. So you do not know what came before the big bang but disagree that we can say the same thing about God?
The universe is effectively the sum total of everything that exists. That is what I am referring to.

In any case, no I do not what was prior to the Big Bang. I don't say you cannot concede ignorance regarding what was prior to God. You are free to do that and it is I observe as raindrop of humility in the theistic perspective.

What I do say is that you cannot contend after saying that well, we don't know the origins of God, we can't hold any of our reason into deciphering God and we cannot observe anything about God claim that you know God to be true and contend that everyone should agree. You cannot very well claim the universe cannot be eternal, invoke the cosmological argument and disagree with infinity in general and then go on and say that God is eternal. It is a path to special pleading and arguments from ignorance.

You agree that there must have been something before the big bang but cannot find out what it is, likewise we know there is a God but cannot understand him.
How is that comparable? I say, that in the absence of evidence that I concede ignorance. You say that you will invoke a deity to apparently explain it all.

Obviously you did not read the part in bold. As said in my previous post God's existence is within understanding, God is not. I also don't like speaking for marwen, hence removed start of my previous post. Only he knows what he meant but my interpretation is that he is saying the above.
He can clarify. He did say that God's existence can be affirmed through reason. He however, did say the other three things which was what I pointed out.

marwen
04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
He can clarify. He did say that God's existence can be affirmed through reason. He however, did say the other three things which was what I pointed out.
Yes skavau, I said the existence of God can be affirmed through reason, That's what Dagless showed too. But you cannot make assumptions about all God's characteristics based on your human reasoning. For example, you cannot make the assumption that God only exists if someone made him. This assumption is applied on created objects not on the Creator of these objects.

Skavau
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes skavau, I said the existence of God can be affirmed through reason, That's what Dagless showed too. But you cannot make assumptions about all God's characteristics based on your human reasoning. For example, you cannot make the assumption that God only exists if someone made him. This assumption is applied on created objects not on the Creator of these objects.
These are your restrictions of course. The terms 'created objects' and 'creator' in the context that you're using them simply are not in my world view. When someone tells me that a God, or a deity exists and tells me that he is beyond our capacity to understand him - I contend that I am right to hold it to just as much scrutiny as anything else.

marwen
04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
If I don't fully understand what God is, that doesn't mean He doesn't exist. Many other things exist and we haven't a clear understanding of them, but we know they exist.

Dagless
04-28-2010, 05:01 PM
The universe is effectively the sum total of everything that exists. That is what I am referring to.

In any case, no I do not what was prior to the Big Bang. I don't say you cannot concede ignorance regarding what was prior to God. You are free to do that and it is I observe as raindrop of humility in the theistic perspective.

What I do say is that you cannot contend after saying that well, we don't know the origins of God, we can't hold any of our reason into deciphering God and we cannot observe anything about God claim that you know God to be true and contend that everyone should agree. You cannot very well claim the universe cannot be eternal, invoke the cosmological argument and disagree with infinity in general and then go on and say that God is eternal. It is a path to special pleading and arguments from ignorance.

How is that comparable? I say, that in the absence of evidence that I concede ignorance. You say that you will invoke a deity to apparently explain it all.
This is confusing matters. Saying we can concede ignorance as to what was before God is in itself ignorant. It has been stated that we believe God has no beginning and no end, therefore the question of what came before is illogical. Lets put it very simply:

- Belief in God is based on evidence.
- Belief the universe will end is based on evidence.
- I do not understand God fully.
- I do not understand the universe fully.

Pygoscelis
04-29-2010, 11:53 PM
No, belief in God is not based on evidence. It is based on faith.

Darth Ultor
04-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Faith and the fact that some things can just not be explained.

Dagless
04-30-2010, 12:26 AM
No, belief in God is not based on evidence. It is based on faith.
It is based on evidence from the Quran, from life, etc. This is more than the blind faith implied.

Woodrow
04-30-2010, 12:30 AM
In very simple terms. some people see prayer as being a demanded chore, others see it as a gift and key to happiness. The meaning of this thread will vary depended on how we view prayer. I see prayer as a joy and as a great gift to us.

Darth Ultor
04-30-2010, 12:47 AM
I don't feel that connection in prayer. My prayers are sincere, but I feel that there are other ways to feel close to God.

Woodrow
04-30-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't feel that connection in prayer. My prayers are sincere, but I feel that there are other ways to feel close to God.
That which makes you close to God(swt) is a prayer even if it is not a standard or commanded method. Even a smile can be a prayer if the intent and thought is to please God(swt). All that we do and think should be a prayer, but few if any of us will ever achieve that.

cat eyes
04-30-2010, 11:56 AM
importance of salah (prayer) in islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCyexasyRzs

siam
05-10-2010, 04:13 AM
"God is described in every faith as something beyond human comprehension, an all-know all-powerful spiritual force intertwined with everything physical and spiritual, yet is nothing like His creation. It seems rather ungodly for Him to demand worship and submission as if He is human king ruling an absolute monarchy....."

I would like to take a stab at answering the original question----this is my opinion only......(The part about Judaism comes from a conversation with a Jewish person on the concept of soul)

If we accept that God is Just, Compassionate, and Merciful. And, we also accept that God has no needs/wants---Then any assumption that God "demands" that we worship him out of any "egoic' desires/wants such as arrogance, pride, anger, jealousy...etc have to be ruled out.

The Quran says we have been created for worship of God, and that this worship strenghtens our souls. Soul in Quran is Nafs, and in Judaism it is Nefesh. In Judaism, Nefesh is further divided into 2 parts/levels, Yezter Ha Ra,(egoic/animal soul) and Yezter Ha Tov, (transegoic soul) which would correspond somewhat to Nafs Ammara (egoic/animal soul) and Nafs Lawwama (transegoic soul).
(Nafs Mutmainna (Peaceful soul) would correspond to Neshama (the highest level of soul)in Judaism)

God created the soul to inhabit the body. As Human beings, (body and soul) we need to have shelter, to eat, to have companionship, and to protect the family and territory in order to survive on earth. Therefore, our "animal desires" are a neccessary part of our survival mechanism. However, we have also been created inherently good. When God animated us, he blew in his breath/spirit (Ruh= Quran, Ruach=Judaism) We have spiritual natures. When we build up God awareness (Taqwa) through worship of God, we strengthen our spiritual natures/soul---which leads us to strengthen in goodness. Weakness of our transegoic soul leads us to strenghten our egoic soul--which leads to all kinds of problems such as pride, anger, hate, arrogance, greed...etc.

Thus, a Compassionate, Merciful and Just God, guides us to the right path so that we may enter Paradise. To worship God is for the benefit of Human beings. Therefore, "submission" as demaded in Islam is a path that leads to "Nafs mutmainna"--or peaceful soul because we achieve harmony/balance with the noble nature we were created with.

So why give us free-will---why not just create us to obey God's will? ----Because God is compassionate and Merciful----It is our scope of free-will that enables us to connect with the Divine, to experience spirituality. without it, we would never have the oportunity---we would simply be like any other animal.

God has given us conditional free-will. We do not have a choice as to where we are born, when we die or some of the circumstances of our life---but we do have some choices. With free-will, coupled with God-given intelligence, we can choose to make choices that would benefit all of God's creations in the best possible way. As his representatives on earth, it is our responsibility to do so.---and we can best accomplish our duty through Islam (submission to God)

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey Boaz

This is a beautiful question.

I heard a beautiful answer once (that is, it is not mine).

Allah wants two things from us - our worship and our faith.

Our faith he wants for our own sake because only through fate
we can have a good life, a life of abundance and peace and also
be in the beauty of the afterlife.

Our worship he also wants for us. Allah knows the human nature
and knows that we do not like to get things for free. Look at the
abundance around you, the water, the food, the bed you sleep
in. All this we get for free. If we would truly understand this it
would be very hard. Especially for non-believers. Therefore, he
asked us to worship, to give him the only thing we can truly give
from ourselves - prayers.

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-12-2010, 03:18 PM
By the way, some places in the world do not have peace. This would for sure change when everybody would turn into believers and accept the true way.

siam
05-13-2010, 07:39 AM
faith without the light of reason and science degenerates into superstion.
Islam is against blind belief and superstition......therefore faith is.....
faith/trust= belief arising out of reason and intelligence that leads to conviction.

Human reason, which is a reflection of the intellect, when healthy and balanced, leads naturally to Tawheed rather than to a denial of the Divine and can be misled only when passions destroy its balance and obscure its vision. ----S.H. Nasr "An introduction to Islamic cosmological doctrines"

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey Siam

This is so true. We believers should always remmber that we must
have reason where reason is required.

However, today there are also people who base their life upon pure
reason and this is not less dangerous than basing your life on pure
faith, maybe even more problematic.

Blessings

Ramadhan
05-13-2010, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Ibn Yus
Hey Siam

This is so true. We believers should always remmber that we must
have reason where reason is required.

However, today there are also people who base their life upon pure
reason and this is not less dangerous than basing your life on pure
faith, maybe even more problematic.

Blessings
If you have blind faith, you will be a christian (or hindu, or buddha, etc)

Islam is the faith founded firmly on reason.

By the way, if you are really a christian missionary, why do you need to hide behind the facade that you are a muslim scholar?
Is christianity a faith too fragile and rotten in the inside that you have to be deceitful to spread its teachings?

جوري
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
why do you need to hide behind the facade that you are a muslim scholar?
Is christianity a faith too fragile and rotten in the inside that you have to be deceitful to spread its teachings?
Pretty much..

I think the thread in a nutshell can be answered in two or three concise statements:..
Worship is God's gift to us to have open and free communications with him from cradle to the grave. It is a way for us to grow spiritually and heighten our metaphysical acuity. It is the best anti-depressant, it is a form of discipline and exercise.. it is a way for us to connect with our fellow man not just through charity but through fast where no riches or wealth compensate for a few hours anyway the feelings shared by those who have the least.. and finally a way for us to connect with the rest of the ummah for in making pilgrimage one gets to see Muslims from all over the globe and Allah swt as per Quran created us for this purpose as well:

49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full Knowledge and is well-acquainted (with all things).

:w:

siam
05-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Gabriel

faith/trust= belief arising out of reason and intelligence that leads to conviction.

Both the brain and heart have to be balanced----We have to use our intellectual reasoning(brain) that leads to conviction at an instinctive/intuitve level (heart) for our faith/trust to have the transformative power that leads to greater Taqwa (God-awareness)

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
So true Siam. Thank You.

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Naidmar. I really do not understand why you think that I am a Christian missionary.

Really, I would be glad if you explain me.

First of all. There is a huge difference between the firm reason you speak about to
the reason I had in mind in this post.

The reason you speak about is the supreme reason that Allah has given us in order
that it would be immediate for us to accept his message. In order to see this reason
you do not have to think at all. The world exists, there is night, day, rain, clouds, heat
cold and thats the end of it. If you are a normal person and not mis-guided you become
a Muslim and that is the end of the matter.

However, there is a different kind of "reason" which we call human reason and has become
very popular lately. I do not say that it is bad but I say that it should be used with care. For
instance people say that it is reasonable to believe that atoms exists or that this theory or
the other is reasonable. If one thinks of it one sees that these theories are man made, at
best, and therefore should be taken with care. I do not say that we should not consider them
or learn from them when there is a valuable lesson to be learnt - but always remember that
human reason is, by definition, flawed.

جوري
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Gabriel your views fall outside the folds of Islam, hence Br. Naidamar states what he does.. and I join him in the belief.. I am not exactly sure what brand of Islam you subscribe to if at all but it isn't sunnat illah wa rasolih!

:w:

Predator
05-15-2010, 12:09 AM

Do you pray ?? NO….WHY ?????

SEE,

( الشيوخ ) لم يتركوها

The elderly have not abandoned it

( النساء ) لم يتركنها

Women have not abandoned it

( الأطفال ) لم يتركوها

Children have not abandoned it

في ( الطرقات ) لم يتركوها

On the roads, they have not abandoned it

في ( بلاد الفساد ) لم يتركوها

In corrupt countries, they have not abandoned it

في ( الغابات ) لم يتركوها

In the forests and jungles, they have not abandoned it

على ( آثار الدمار ) لم يتركوها

In the midst of ruins and destruction, they have not abandoned it

تحت ( القصف ) لم يتركوها

Under the bombings, they have not abandoned it

( تحت الأمطار ) لم يتركوها

Under the rain, they have not abandoned it

على ( الدَّرَج ) لم يتركوها

On the stairs, they have not abandoned it

على ( السيارات ) لم يتركوها
On top of car roofs, they have not abandoned it

في ( محطات القطار ) لم يتركوها

In train stations, they have not abandoned it

في ( الطائرات ) لم يتركوها

In planes, they have not abandoned it

On the snow ,they have not abandoned it

على ( الشواطىء ) لم يتركوها

On the beaches, they have not abandoned it

UNDER WATER, they have not abandoned it

He is under water diving, it?s his work …

he can’t leave his job undone…but he can’t lose the FAJAR PRAYER…

so he prayed underwater’ SubhanAllah !!!.

وهم ( سيأسرون ) لم يتركوها

Before they are captured, they have not abandoned it

و( بعد أسرهم ) لم يتركوها

And after they are captured, they have not abandoned it

( المعاقين ) لم يتركوها

The disabled have not abandoned it

فلماذا تتركها أنت ..!!

So why would you

لماذا ..!!

WHY?? YOU HAVE ABONDONED IT ??

ألم تعلم بأنها أحب الأعمال

وأعظم الطاعات

وأفضل القربات إلى الله

Didn’t you know that this is the most
loved deed by Allah, and the greatest ibadah?

فإن لم تحافظ على هذه الصلاة
وتصلي كما أمرك ربك

If you do not observe prayer as you are ordered to

فسيأتي اليوم الذي يصلى عليك

Then there will come a day when you will be prayed upon

ولن تستطيع ذلك الوقت أن تقضي ما فاتك

You will then be unable to make up what you’ve missed

وستدخل هذه الحفرة ( وحدك )

ولن تجد فيها إلا ( عملك )

You shall then enter alone…
No companions except your deeds
And what you have presented forward

صَـلُّوا قــَـبْلَ أنْ يُصَلَّى عـَلـَـيْكُمْ

Pray before you are prayed upon

Below is a picture of a pilgrim
who died in Madina in the position of sujood (prostration)

And another one (beneath it) of a pilgrim who died in Makka while raising his hands with prayer (du’aa)

وإن كنت من ( المتكاسلين )
فستموت ميتة ( الخاسرين )
فلاتدع الصلاة تفوتك

Do not miss a prayer
Do not die a loser’s death

والله تعالى يقول : (( إِنَّ الصَّلاَةَ كَانَتْ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ كِتَابًا مَّوْقُوتًا )) .

Allah swt says in the Quran that prayer is prescribed upon the believers according to a precise timely record

so,

صَـلُّوا قــَـبْلَ أنْ يُصَلَّى عـَلـَـيْكُمْ

Pray before you are prayed upon

والذين هم على صلاتهم دائمون
والذين هم على صلاتهم يحافظون اللهم اجعلنا من الذين هم في صلاتهم خاشعون
Oh Allah, make us among those you described in your Book
Those who have khushoo’ in their prayers
Those who are continually observing their prayers and are heedful of them
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!