/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Isit me or...

M..x
04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
is tha forum back dated? & my posts have been deleted?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أبو سليمان عمر
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
yea me too hope they fix it

M..x
04-27-2010, 02:33 PM
oh okay.. i just logged on now and saw my posts vanished. probably trying to restore the old LI back I presume?

aadil77
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
woh the forum is exactly how it was a day ago,

anyone know why it was down?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
04-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I lost my last few posts as well :(

Dagless
04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
This must be the spontaneous approach to website management; don't tell your users about planned maintenance or sudden outages via email, instead just take down the site at random and let them guess when it will be back up.
Sorry but it is annoying... and yet kinda funny at the same time.

aadil77
04-27-2010, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
This must be the spontaneous approach to website management; don't tell your users about planned maintenance or sudden outages via email, instead just take down the site at random and let them guess when it will be back up.
Sorry but it is annoying... and yet kinda funny at the same time.
yh lets complain to Mr.Rashad he should tell us, or have some website that give these updates

glo
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
How often are back-ups generally saved?

PouringRain
04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm happy it is back. :)

M..x
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
yeah... i wouldve got well depressed if it wasnt up and running to distract me from revision =(

Beardo
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Only the last 24 hours of posts should have been deleted. Man, we need to work back up on IslamicBoard and get the participation back to normal. Make dua please. :)

Beardo
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^Yea spam his inbox with hate mail.

The forum actually crashed due to the recent changes made to it. We were forced to restore it from a recent backup. Feel good it was only a day old backup, it could have been worse. When I logged in, in the morning, the forum was restored to a 3 weeks old backup, it was kinda shocking lol. Seeing the Enlighten skin vanish again. Alhamdulillah we had a recent backup[thanks to Rashad], and so had minimum loss.
zAk, maybe you can fill us in on how this crash has occured? Or perhaps, who could be most responsible for this crash? Hmmm?

:p Just teasing.

glo
04-27-2010, 07:55 PM
It's unfortunate when posts get lost. I feel it takes a day or two to get the threads back running, because people have literally lost the thread of their conversation.

Also, if a forum is off-line for whatever reason, people may find somewhere else to inform or entertain or occupy themselves.

Hopefully things will run more smoothly again soon ...

Beardo
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
http://jannahwiki.com/all-entries/is...nance-updates/

We are aware and apologize for the database crash that had occurred yesterday on IslamicBoard.com. There were some unforeseen circumstances which lead to this. The crash was first determined around noon (PST) and the backup of the forum was instated not too long after that. The forum is backed up almost daily so not too much information has been lost, perhaps around 24 hours of threads and posts. At any rate, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

On the brighter side, updates are being made to the website to make it more user- and SEO-friendly. We request your activity and Dua to carry us through these technical times. God willing, we have set up the forum and expect it to be running normally from this point onwards.

Read More...

aadil77
04-27-2010, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M..x
yeah... i wouldve got well depressed if it wasnt up and running to distract me from revision =(
lol I was up at 9am ready to stud.... come on here

aadil77
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I was looking for that site I kept on going to jannah networks

marwen
04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey Guys ! Did we just hit an iceberg with Titanic ? ;D

Ok loosing posts of one day ago is upsetting, and I have no good memory to write them again lol
But it's ok, it's better than loosing all the threads. And I think It's a good idea to have a daily backup too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!