/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Orphan Sponsorship

Beardo
04-29-2010, 04:41 AM
:sl:

I made a thread before the database crash so now I have to repost it. >_> Jazakallah zAk. Making me improve my typing skills. jk jk...

Anyhoozle, back to the point.

I was thinking we should all get together as a forum and adopt/sponsor an orphan. We've processed our Haiti donation through UWT, so I guess we'll just go through UWT again for the orphan sponsorship.

We don't accept donations for JannahNetwork or IslamicBoard, but I was thinking it'd be good to transfer those donations to JannahRelief and sponsor some orphans. What do you guys say? How many are up for this insha'Allah? We'll start with one orphan a month and work ourselves up insha'Allah. :D We'll have a donation status bar on the right sidebar. I think UWT will also give us updates on the orphan we sponsor as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
04-29-2010, 04:45 AM
:wa:

Wow.. I think this is a great idea.
This would give people the opportunity to donate as much as they can afford but still feel they are making a difference insha'Allah.

JazakAllahu khair.

Beardo
04-29-2010, 07:45 PM
And we're not asking for a lot. If each of us donate like, 50 cents each, we can sponsor an orphan easily insha'Allah. Not even 50 cents. If 100 of us donate 25 cents, then we're able to sponsor an orphan. SubhanAllah!

Donia
04-30-2010, 03:00 AM
I think it's a really good idea and if you decide to go through with it, then I am on board insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
04-30-2010, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
I think it's a really good idea and if you decide to go through with it, then I am on board insha'Allah.

That's very comforting. Jazakumullahu Khair! Any country preference?

Donia
05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't have a preference.

This is off subject but did you see the HBO documentary about the children in India born with cleft palates? They were being offered free surgeries and hospital stays. I believe the program for that was called Smile Train. I thought that was a good thing to contribute to also.

One thing at a time.

Dagless
05-01-2010, 03:47 PM
This is a great idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!