/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Paying Zakaat.

_PakistaN_
05-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Okay, I need some help on how I can pay my zakaat and how much. Let me first tell you my story...

I worked at a gas station in the year of 2009 for around 8 months. If I can remember accurately I had earned about 12 thousand dollars. Later on in the year I had spent most of that money on a car, the remaining money which I had went towards the car accident which I got into that same year to repair my car. By the end of the year I was willing to pay my zakaat but I had no money and I decided I would pay it with the tax return money which I will get. Now with a couple of hundred dollars in my bank account I am willing to pay my zakaat. If I divide 12,000 by 2.5 (zakaat rate) I get 300. Does this mean I can pay 300 as my zakaat for last year?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_PakistaN_
05-08-2010, 04:50 PM
can i plzzz get sum reply's?

Abdul Wahid
05-08-2010, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Okay, I need some help on how I can pay my zakaat and how much. Let me first tell you my story...

I worked at a gas station in the year of 2009 for around 8 months. If I can remember accurately I had earned about 12 thousand dollars. Later on in the year I had spent most of that money on a car, the remaining money which I had went towards the car accident which I got into that same year to repair my car. By the end of the year I was willing to pay my zakaat but I had no money and I decided I would pay it with the tax return money which I will get. Now with a couple of hundred dollars in my bank account I am willing to pay my zakaat. If I divide 12,000 by 2.5 (zakaat rate) I get 300. Does this mean I can pay 300 as my zakaat for last year?
:sl:

Are you still working?

_PakistaN_
05-09-2010, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
:sl:

Are you still working?
nope.....not anymore.. I was 18 back then and took a year off school to work. I'm 19 now and back in school.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Can someone please answer this or get me an answer to this so i can get this Zakaat issue over it, I don't want to wait too long to pay it.

Muhammad
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

From what I understand, among the conditions for Zakah to be due is that you need to:

- Possess the minimum threshold (nisaab)

- Possess this amount for a complete lunar year

So I am unsure about your case because you said you spent most of the money before the year was completed. I don't know whether the money went below the nisaab - do you know roughly how much the nisaab is in dollars? I think for pounds it's around £600-700, Allaahu A'lam.

Btw, your question reminded me of a new (free) study programme available online. It can be taken at your own pace, and one of the topics already covered is Zakah. So if you have time, perhaps it would be worth going through the sessions because this is a topic important for all of us to understand. Maybe you will find a better explanation and answer there Insha'Allaah.

http://www.islam21c.com/index.php?op...ial&Itemid=108
http://www.islam21c.com/index.php?op...aad&Itemid=142

ardianto
05-11-2010, 03:41 PM
In my country nisaab for monthly income is income that similar as price of 325 Kg rices.

Abdul Wahid
05-11-2010, 03:54 PM
:sl: brother.

Forgive me for the late reply. Having trouble with my laptop/Internet. I will give my reply but regarding your situation its best to contact a scholar if you can - who will give you the best possible answer.

From my understanding Zakat is only Farz [obligatory] on those who have the nisab amount of wealth, for example, it is something like zakatable goods equivelent to 87 grams of gold which is over the amount we need for our debts and immediate expenses and which we have in our possesion for 1 hijri year, so zakat is not automatically Farz on any adult receiving an income [thus it may not apply to you]; here is a good article on zakat that will help InshaALLAH:

http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/...e-who-to-give/

Hope it helps - if not let us know InshaALLAH. If its possible contact a scholar.

:wa:

_PakistaN_
05-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't have that much knowledge on Zakaat. I am having a hard time reading the above article... can someone do me a favor and figure it out for me I am having a hard time figuring out how this works. I will also give u any other information u need... please and thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!