/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you pray for a soldier who is sent to Afghanistan?

Rabi Mansur
05-03-2010, 03:17 AM
:sl:

I had a question regarding prayer or dua. I know someone who has been sent to Afghanistan. He is a very good person and unfortunately has been called up by Obama and sent to Afghanistan to help train others in the conflict.

Is it possible for Muslims to pray for such a one? Can a Muslim make dua for someone who has been sent to Afghanistan even though he might at some point have to fight Muslims. (Keep in mind, the side he is helping also are Muslims.)

Any thoughts on this?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
05-03-2010, 04:55 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
i dont know, but if you want to pray for him, pray for his guidance?

أبو سليمان عمر
05-03-2010, 05:13 AM
inshallah i would as a scholar or a shaykh tommorw in class

aadil77
05-03-2010, 07:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
:sl:

I had a question regarding prayer or dua. I know someone who has been sent to Afghanistan. He is a very good person and unfortunately has been called up by Obama and sent to Afghanistan to help train others in the conflict.

Is it possible for Muslims to pray for such a one? Can a Muslim make dua for someone who has been sent to Afghanistan even though he might at some point have to fight Muslims. (Keep in mind, the side he is helping also are Muslims.)

Any thoughts on this?

:wa:
He will have to kill muslims and at some point he'll have to use dirty tactics taught to him to kill muslim civilians. Drop weapons, drop shovels, shooting up the whole area if they hear a bang etc.

you should pray for his guidence, maybe if he has a heart he'll stay away from dirty tactics and will learn about the cause of the taliban.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
05-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Some off-topic posts deleted. Let us remain focused on the original question asked Insha'Allaah.

Grofica
05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I would like to apologize to the OP....

I removed all my remarks because i did not think they were pertanent to your question. except the few listed below...

Pray for everyone.... you should never not pray for someone,

pray for understanding,
pray for guidance,
pray for safekeeping,
pray for compassion,
but pray....

Also, I am here also... and its not how the media portrays things. remember newspapers want to sell papers. what turns the dollar. outrage, discust, happy stories dont sell, i cant say for all over because i am not everywhere but the worst thing i have phyically seen happen to an "innocent" is when burger king shut down because a few people could not pass their height, weight / physical fitness test...

to be honest i agree S<Chowdhury but that isnt the point...

love the person, disagree with the deeds but in the end its Allah's right to judge not ours. people are flawed always remember that all you can do is pray for them... no matter what the request is....

S<Chowdhury
05-03-2010, 10:41 AM
^^^ Couldn't of said it any better Sister :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!