/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Sending email notifications in upgrade/maintenance times

Danah
05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
:sl:

I know that these days are such busy days for LI as its going through many upgrade process, may Allah reward you all for the hard work you are doing. I was wondering, can we members get email notification whenever the forum will be down for any future upgrade or maintenance?

I think this will be more convenience if we get emails before the down time and after the forum getting back so everyone will be back here again.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
05-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I actually do try to do that but most of the time, there's random or sudden technical difficulties. When that happens, the forum just shuts down. Insha'Allah I will speak to the technicians (aka Sajid) and also put that idea forth. You are right and I apologize for that fault of mine.

Danah
05-07-2010, 07:21 PM
^ well if its sudden or random sometimes you can at least let us know that the forum will be down for sometime so we wont come here getting surprised that its not working.

In other words, the notification doesn't have to be "before" the upgrade/maintenance, it can be while the forum is down

Beardo
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM
^ Ah. That's a good idea. I'll save the e-mail addresses insha'Allah so we can do that from now on. Jazakumullahu Khair.

I sent an e-mail out just right now as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-S-
05-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Salam

the problem with upgrades is that sometime it can be unpredictable...it works and sometimes things mess up thats how it is

the upgrade we conducted was hoping for it to be straight forward infact i was expecting it to take like no more then 10 mins and even then would ahve kept the forum on and on one would have noticed
however due to some other issues that we came across it messed up and had to "take the forum offline" which was unplanned

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!