/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Social Networking

Tiara B
05-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Assalamu alikum Brothers and Sisters,

Social networking sites have become very popular among Muslims today. Muslims use these sites to interact with each other for Islamic purposes and to discuss beneficial issues, But it also leaves space for other acts that go against Islam and faith, like chatting with the opposite sex, wasting time by playing games, doing quizzes etc,.. Yusuf Estes claimed that these sites are like a knife,, which is innocent, and whether it is good or bad depends on the user's attitude.

i think i need a little more info on it, that is, the impact of social networking on Islam, im doing an article, and i'd be really pleased if i can get more info on this, im supposed to argue on both sides, whether it is good or bad....

Thank You

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
social networking has no impact on islam lol, more like on muslims who abuse it

wasting time on games can be done through loads of ways not just social networking, but yes it wrong

the main problem is the freemixing and to some extent the showing off, then wasting of time

benefits of it are you can keep in touch with family and friends, you can use it as a tool to arrange events (eg; islamic talks),

it can even be used for dawa'h, recently my mate has started this 'hadith of the day' thing where he posts a hadith on his wall everyday, now this guy has hundreds of non-muslims on his friendlist even if a handful look at his wall it will act as dawah

Tiara B
05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
okay, it's supposed to be the impact of social networking on muslims. I still need a lot more info

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!