/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Its a boy! Which name fits...?

new parent
05-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Assalamu alaikum wr wb

I am expecting a baby boy and I cant seem to find a nice name that 'fits' the father's name. The (first) name of the father is Mu'az/ Mu'adh.

I would appreciate any nice name suggestion.
Jazakallahu khairan!:thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Aslaamu Alaaykum..:)
An early Congratulations :):D..
hmm...
Im not very good at this, but i`ll try.heres some i thought of:

Ismael
Tahir
Ibraheem
Bilal
Umar
Yusuf
Yunus

lol i hope they help InshaAllaah:) I am sure more members will give you more
Wa alaaykum Salaam

Darth Ultor
05-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Don't know if it fits, but I like the names Amir and Khalid. Congratualtions, by the way.

aadil77
05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Musa, Muazzin, Muhammad, Mujahid

Other boys names; ibraheem, sulayman, yusuf, yaqub, adam, dawud, harun, isa, ismail, ishaq, danyal, zakariyyah, ilyas, yunus, shuhaib,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
mashallah nice names

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
:wa: sister.

I've always like the names Huzayfah, Mujahid, Umar, Moosa, Harun, Essa, Muhammad, Hasan

Alhumdulillah plenty of names to choose from.

How about Maaz (Brave man), Majd Al Din (Glory of the faith), Maqil (Intelligent), Mashal (Torch), Mawsil (Name of Hanafi Jurist in Iraq), Mikaeel (Name of ALLAH's Angel), Moazzam (Respectible), Mohammad, Motaz (Proud), Mu'afa (Name of a man who travelled extensively to find a Hadith), Mu'alla (A Judge & follower), Mu'allim (Teacher), Mu'awwiz (Companion who participated in the Battle of Badr), Mu'ayyad (Supported), Muizz (Comforter), Muzakkir (Reminder), Muzzammil (One who is wrapped, a title of the Prophet), Muzaffar (Victorious)

Lots of Prophet's names to choose from too. Some are mentioned above.

Shahid (Witness, Martyr), Mustafa (Chosen), Misbah (Lamp), Mujib (Complying, Replying), Ma'lum (Well Known), Muqtasid (Adopting a Middle Course), Zahir (Outward, External), Mubasshir (Bringer of Good News), Adil (Just), Mad'u (Who is Caller), Mutahhar (Purified)

Or how about Abdul Wahid ;D The Slave of the One.

Many more you can choose. If you need more names let us know.

Darth Ultor
05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Or Usamah. It can't be that such a powerful name is ruined forever. I like what it means: "Lion".

Ummu Sufyaan
05-13-2010, 11:59 AM
:sl:
moneeb?
muhammad?

tango92
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
sulaymaan, hazem, munzoor

aadil77
05-13-2010, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Or Usamah. It can't be that such a powerful name is ruined forever. I like what it means: "Lion".
Arsalan also means the same, I think it sounds much better

Nisrin
05-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I love the name Rayaan,

but u want a name that fits with mu'adh... from the few names i saw above, i think musa would fit very well... musa mu'aadh

Mabrookk sis and incha Allah it will be a healthy and blessed child !!

Beardo
05-13-2010, 12:44 PM
How about Saad? Like Saad ibn Muaadh. :)

BintAbee
05-13-2010, 01:31 PM
All the above names are beautiful, but I suggest

MUS'AB

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
^MashaAllaah that sounds nice

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Aqib, Falahuddin, shayaan, Dhiraar, Talha...ermmm most of them have kinda been mentioned previously lol.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
^Innit sis they been mentioned before like you just said ;D....

piXie
05-13-2010, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
How about Saad? Like Saad ibn Muaadh. :)
I second that. Sa'ad ibn Mua'adh was a very famous companion of the Prophet :arabic5:, and amongst one of the best! Read his biography if you haven't already (:

جوري
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I love the name Mohamed but there is also Mohab (feared one) or one with presence ..I like all the prophets names.. I always loved the name sakhr (stone) but when written in English it can be evolved for something less pleasant and people in the west are just cruel and stupid if your name isn't John, Thomas or George.

Go with your instinct.. or better yet Ask Allah swt to reveal to you your sons name in a dream.. I think that beats everything else.. which happened to my mom when she was pregnant with my older brother.. My grandfather who was deceased by the time of her pregnancy came to her in a dream and told her that she is having Mohamed! (al7mdlillah)

:w:

Sawdah
05-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Some good ones have been mentioned, mashaAllah.

Here's some that sound good or okay next to Mua'dh:
Uthman, Khalid, Adnan, Tariq, Yahya

That's all I can come up with right now. If another ones comes to me, I'll be sure to post it inshaAllah.

Misz_Muslimah
05-15-2010, 01:14 PM
I like the name Zakariya and Yahya :)

Congratulations btw..

aadil77
05-15-2010, 01:16 PM
prophets names are the best, they're untouchable, can't make fun of them in english

Soulja Girl
05-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Name him Ibrahim.. :)..

:wa:

Darth Ultor
05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
That is a very nice name, but it has a bit of an archaic feel to it. How about Harun? By the way, what does "Khalid" mean? I always liked that name.

marwen
05-15-2010, 01:39 PM
That is a very nice name, but it has a bit of an archaic feel to it. How about Harun? By the way, what does "Khalid" mean? I always liked that name.
Haarun is a really beautiful name too.
Khalid means "eternal".

Darth Ultor
05-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Musa is also nice. My surgeon had a Musa on his staff. I think he was either Pakistani or Indian.

Nisrin
05-15-2010, 06:01 PM
And Nourdeen is also nice..

aadil77
05-15-2010, 11:58 PM
yh prophet harun (aaron) was prophet musa's brother, I love both their names

Al-Yasa
05-23-2010, 01:49 PM
i Think the name Yaha or kibriya sounds Awesome

hey is Israfil a name ? and can it be given to a child ?

brotherubaid
05-23-2010, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Name him Ibrahim.. :)..

:wa:
Yep thats what i would,

Or abdullah , or abdul rahman ,

soooo many beautiful names

Umar , uthmaan , Ali , abu bakr , khalifah , MUHAMMAD! , talha , zubair , just see the names of the sahaba ,

But really i love ibraheem a lot , my fav name for a boy!

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Name him...................Abdullahii!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-23-2010, 03:39 PM
May Allah make your son a masculine child and make him among the rigtheous!..

Some name suggestions:

Abdul-Wadood, Ma'an, Abdul-Muhsin, Mu'awiyah, Abdul-Raheem, Abdul-Hadi, Adl, Afeef, Anwar, Yunus, Basel, Imraan, Fuad bin Muad lol.

Raaina
05-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Firstly, congrats on the baby! May Allah bless you and your family with health and happiness.

As for names... I like Jalal for a boy, not sure that really matches the father's name though, sorry :)

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Firstly, congrats on the baby! May Allah bless you and your family with health and happiness.

As for names... I like Jalal for a boy, not sure that really matches the father's name though, sorry :)
jalal taken from jalalabad perhaps?

Raaina
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
mmm Whats Jalalabad?

Darth Ultor
05-23-2010, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
mmm Whats Jalalabad?
A city in Afghanistan.

AhmadibnNasroon
05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Saleh, definitely Saleh

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Abdullahii!!!

Raaina
05-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Ohh, didn't know that. Perhaps it was taken from there then. I dunno, I just like the name :)

Darth Ultor
05-23-2010, 06:38 PM
How about Ayyoub?

Al-Yasa
06-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Yunus
Mustafa
Faris
Rayhan
Yahya

shuraimfan4lyf
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Yasa
Yunus
Mustafa
Faris
Rayhan
Yahya
Hey you stole "Yunus" from me!

Raziah
06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Alsalam alikum,

Hassan and Hussain are really nice names too.

cat eyes
06-13-2010, 04:55 PM
ive Always loved the name Adam for a boy and jasmine for a girl

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!