/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can i get my lil bro to stop listening to music?

Life_Is_Short
05-12-2010, 08:34 PM
:sl:

My little brother recently got a new phone and he's begining to download music onto it. I've already told him about music not being permissible in Islam and that he should listen to nasheeds instead but it's not getting through to him.

He is only 12 yrs old and I'm worried he might get addicted. imsad

Jazak'Allah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
05-13-2010, 10:14 AM
:sl: ukhti

1. i think youve made a terrible desicion giving him a music playing phone, as long as he has it you can be nearly sure he will dl music because all his freinds are dling music.

2. his age is such that only a handful of people can bring strong imaan, he will be more influenced by freinds than family, and hormones are raging so the connection between music and girls will start to foster.

if i was you i would take his phone first, and try to keep the computer in the family area and limit his dling oppurtunities. having his own computer is a fitna with the content on the internet etc, which is stronger than you think for boys. if you cant do that then at least mock him for the type of music he listens to, make fun of it and him etc.. this will bring him to a sense of shame inshallah.

aadil77
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Kids need to be taught Fear of Allah from early on, that way anything that is unislamic you can explain to them and get them to accept it. Music will not be the only problem he's gonna be facing at this age

What you can do is control his use on the comp to download music, don't let him play music in the house, then explain to him how music will mess with his head

distressed
05-13-2010, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92

1. i think youve made a terrible desicion giving him a music playing phone, as long as he has it you can be nearly sure he will dl music because all his freinds are dling music.

2. his age is such that only a handful of people can bring strong imaan, he will be more influenced by freinds than family, and hormones are raging so the connection between music and girls will start to foster.

if i was you i would take his phone first, and try to keep the computer in the family area and limit his dling oppurtunities. having his own computer is a fitna with the content on the internet etc, which is stronger than you think for boys. if you cant do that then at least mock him for the type of music he listens to, make fun of it and him etc.. this will bring him to a sense of shame inshallah.

How is making fun of him going to stop him ?? thats a bit cruel and childish.!

hes at that young adolescent age, sit him down and talk to him, but defo dont let him play it in the house, just make him aware of what hes doing wrong but in an nyc way, you dont want him to start rebelling!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
05-13-2010, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92

:wa:
The problem is he had a phone before but he never used to listen to music. I can't take it away from him now, he brought it with his pocket money. Plus he will make a huge fuss.

He is definitely getting influenced by his friends this time. He didn't get those songs using the computer at home. He got them from his friends via bluetooth. I always make sure he uses home computers for work only.

My parents don't know so i think it's time to tell them.

distressed
05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
The problem is he had a phone before but he never used to listen to music. I can't take it away from him now, he brought it with his pocket money. Plus he will make a huge fuss.

He is definitely getting influenced by his friends this time. He didn't get those songs using the computer at home. He got them from his friends via bluetooth. I always make sure he uses home computers for work only. My parents don't know so i think it's time to tell them.
You tell kids not to do sumthing, and they'll only just rebel and do it anyway, esp if he has a circle of friends that are in2 everything. If you feel telling your parents is gona help him, then do so, but as long as its not taken out of hand, and all blown out of proportion, chat to him, and tell him where hes going wrong, he'll take note and listen, rather than sum1 shouting the odds at him.

anonymous
05-19-2010, 12:06 PM
old member of this forum-

u cant force someone to stop listening to music - u can advice them

as their imaan and knowledge of islam increases, their desire to listen to music will decrease

dont force people-they do it more if u tell them not to do something

am speaking from my own experience

Innocent Soul
05-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Assaamualaikum

u cant force someone to stop listening to music - u can advice them
as their imaan and knowledge of islam increases, their desire to listen to music will decrease
dont force people-they do it more if u tell them not to do something
am speaking from my own experience
anonymous is saying right.If u take the phone from him maybe he will listen music from someone else phone.

Kids need to be taught Fear of Allah from early on
It is much better than taking the phone from him.

Abu Zainab
05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Sister even if you decided to tell your parents about this just tell them to approach him in a very loving manner. Usually in this age when you show them a ruling about music they just don't get it. They can't understand how a "harmless" thing like that could be haram.

It will take a lot of effort from your part but you can achieve it with the will of Allaah. Start off by giving him a few minutes talk everyday. Tell him about the afterlife...the judgement day...Paradise...Hell etc. Read to him some stories of the prophets. Once in a while give him (or "Bluetooth" him :) ) some emotional recitations by sheikhs like Salah Al Bdair, Al Shraim etc. Tell him about the importance of remembering Allaah and that everything in the universe glorify Him....you never know what might touch his heart.

Once he starts to develop the love for this great deen of ours, everything else will follow inshallaah. Just take it slowly and steadily.

Life_Is_Short
05-19-2010, 02:00 PM
You can't force a child. This has proven to be true.

There was no need to tell my parents. Alhamdulilah.

He deleted everything in front of me and i checked his phone to make sure. I think this was the result of the Islamic lecture he listened to that day. Alhamdulilah.

May Allah (swt) continue to guide us to the straight path.

Ameen!

tango92
05-22-2010, 02:30 AM
^there goes my theory lol

alhumdulillah

Darth Ultor
05-22-2010, 03:09 AM
What kind of music?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 04:00 AM
:salamext:

Its good that he stopped..and encourage him to listen to Quran and recite it aswell. Also, try to put some suras in his phone so he could learn it inshaAllah. May Allah bless you for you are enjoin good and forbidding evil..and may Allah guide shabab of our ummah to the straight path and make them leaders like the young sahabis. Ameen

Abdul Wahid
05-22-2010, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
You can't force a child. This has proven to be true.

There was no need to tell my parents. Alhamdulilah.

He deleted everything in front of me and i checked his phone to make sure. I think this was the result of the Islamic lecture he listened to that day. Alhamdulilah.

May Allah (swt) continue to guide us to the straight path.

Ameen!

Alhumdulillah. This is good.

It seems so easy. You have a good little brother. Listening to the lecture must've made him ponder and reflect.

I need this lecture for my brother and sister. Help me out sister. The name of the lecture or a link would be good.

Life_Is_Short
05-22-2010, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid

Alhumdulillah. This is good.

It seems so easy. You have a good little brother. Listening to the lecture must've made him ponder and reflect.

I need this lecture for my brother and sister. Help me out sister. The name of the lecture or a link would be good.

There is a lecture every week at a special place that my dad goes to and we encourage him to go aswell. Sorry brother i don't what the lecture was on.

Jazak'Allah Khair for the advice everyone. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!