/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Manners | One At A Time

Beardo
05-13-2010, 12:32 PM
It's important to have good manners. It's not only meant for our spiritual selves, but good manners also affects the way people observe us as Muslims in the real world.

So, let's each post ONE good manner:

Covering your mouth when yawning.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Post only one good manner? *closes the books*

Saying "Please" and "Thank you." (Oops, that's two.)

aadil77
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
keeping yourself clean and presentable (eg; clean clothes, no long nails, messy hair etc)

marwen
05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
being the servant of your parents : do everything they want.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
^within islamic limits

eat with your right hand

Beardo
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Wash your hands after using the bathroom. (seriously.)

marwen
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
^within islamic limits
yes of course, jazakallah !

-----------------------------------

Keep smiling with people to make them comfortable ( it's a sadaqa )

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-13-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
eat with your right hand
Eat from the corner closest to u..

aadil77
05-13-2010, 10:43 PM
sit down when going to the toilet

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
^Say ur Du'a before entering with ur left foot.

Life_Is_Short
05-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Drinking, taking and offering things with right hand.

aadil77
05-13-2010, 11:11 PM
being good and helpful to your neighbours (everyone)

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Being humble with one-another & have no arrogance

shuraimfan4lyf
05-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Lowering your gaze when you see someone with opposite gender of yours.

May Allah make us among those who lower their gaze and have shame.

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Very IMPORTANT!

When we do things - we should do with knowledge, not follow hearsay or act on half knowledge.

Beardo
05-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Don't slurp when drinking from a straw.

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Muslims should be true to their words - To fulfill promises & commitments.

Beardo
05-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Always try to compensate for the rights you transgressed to anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Covering ur mouth when u burp.+o(

format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
May Allah make us among those who lower their gaze and have shame.
^Allahumma Ameen

cat eyes
05-13-2010, 11:46 PM
shaking peoples hands with your right hand.. but being careful not to shake hand of non mehram. :D

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:48 PM
To not abuse, backbite or slander one-another

cat eyes
05-13-2010, 11:51 PM
i heard a scholar say once that we should not completely ignore the opposite gender. we can still say salaam to them but not in a sweet attractive tone

shuraimfan4lyf
05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah
Covering ur mouth when u burp.+o
Yeah I hate when people burp and not cover their mouths. Especially in salat, when I smell their biryani, shawarma etc etc..

Another good manner, Say salam and reply to it when someone says it to you.

O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those in them, that is better for you, in order that you may remember. 24:27 (Two Good manners in this ayat)

When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things. 4:86

:w:

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i heard a scholar say once that we should not completely ignore the opposite gender. we can still say salaam to them but not in a sweet attractive tone
Lol. Seriously though - that is dangerous terrority.

Who was this scholar? So it's OK to say Salam in a hard manly voice to a sister. I think I will refrain from this.

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Maintaining good relations with your relatives.

cat eyes
05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
when your eating with your friends or what ever its nice to leave them bit of your food if there more hungry then you or even if your more hungry then them!

when your sitting and eating you should talk little but only talk about islam and not worldly matters.

you should wash your hands before eating.

you should sit properly just like how the prophet (saw) sat.

You should not over fill your tummy... dont eat to fast. dont annoy others with your chewing sounds. i use to hit my brother for chewing really loud... grr so annoying. chew with your mouth closed.

you should pass the food to others.. dont look after yourself only. don't eat from the other persons side of the plate. haha i use to do that all the time.

Abdul Wahid
05-14-2010, 12:04 AM
To be honest when doing business transactions.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Ruling on greeting women with salaam and returning their greeting
Is it permissible for me to return the salaams of a woman who is a stranger to me, i.e., a non-mahram?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Allaah has commanded us to spread the greeting of salaam, and has enjoined us to return the greeting to all Muslims. He has made the greeting of salaam one of the things that spread love among the believers.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

" When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allaah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things "

[al-Nisa'4:86]

And it was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "You will not enter Paradise until you (truly) believe, and you will not (truly) believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread the greeting of salaam amongst yourselves."

Narrated by Muslim, 54.

In the answer to question no. 4596, there is a lengthy discussion on the importance of greeting with salaam and returning the greeting.

Secondly:

The command to spread the greeting of salaam is general and applies to all the believers. It includes men greeting men and women greeting women, and a man greeting his female mahrams. All of them are enjoined to initiate the greeting of salaam, and the other is obliged to return the greeting.

But there is a special ruling that applies to a man greeting a non-mahram woman, because of the fitnah (temptation) that may result from that in some cases.

Thirdly:

There is nothing wrong with a man greeting a non-mahram woman with salaam, without shaking hands with her, if she is elderly, but he should not greet a young woman with salaams when there is no guarantee that there will be no fitnah (temptation). This is what is indicated by the comments of the scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them.

Imam Maalik was asked: Can a woman be greeted with salaam? He said: With regard to the elderly woman, I do not regard that as makrooh, but with regard to the young woman, I do not like that.

Al-Zarqaani explained the reason why Maalik did not like that, in his commentary on al-Muwatta': Because of the fear of fitnah when he hears her returning the greeting.

In al-Adaab al-Shar'iyyah (1/370) it says: Ibn Muflih mentioned that Ibn Mansoor said to Imam Ahmad: (What about) greeting women with salaam? He said: If the woman is old there is nothing wrong with it.

Saalih (the son of Imam Ahmad) said: I asked my father about greeting women with salaam. He said: With regard to old women, there is nothing wrong with it, but with regard to young women, they should not be prompted to speak by being made to return the salaam.

Al-Nawawi said in his book al-Adhkaar (p. 407):

Our companions said: Women greeting women is like men greeting to men. But when it comes to women greeting men, if the woman is the man's wife, or his concubine, or one of his mahrams, then it is like him speaking to another man; it is mustahabb for either of them to initiate the greeting of salaam and the other is obliged to return the greeting. But if the woman is a stranger (non-mahram), if she is beautiful and there is the fear that he may be tempted by her, then the man should not greet her with salaam, and if he does then it is not permissible for her to reply; she should not initiate the greeting of salaam either, and if she does, she does not deserve a response. If he responds then this is makrooh.

If she is an old woman and he will not be tempted by her, then it is permissible for her to greet the man with salaam and for the man to return her salaams.

If there is a group of women then a man may greet them with salaam, or if there is a group of men, they may greet a woman with salaam, so long as there there is no fear that any of the parties may be tempted.

Abu Dawood (5204) narrated that Asma' the daughter of Yazeed said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by us woman and greeted us with salaam." Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

And al-Bukhaari (6248) narrated that Sahl ibn Sa'd said: "There was an old woman of our acquaintance who would send someone to Budaa'ah (a garden of date-palms in Madeenah). She would take the roots of silq (a kind of vegetable) and put them in a cooking pot with some powdered barley. After we had prayed Jumu'ah, we would go and greet her, then she should offer (that food) to us."

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath:

Concerning the permissibility of men greeting women with salaam and women greeting men: what is meant by its being permitted is when there is no fear of fitnah.

Al-Haleemi was quoted as saying: Because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was infallible and protected from fitnah. Whoever is confident that he will be safe from temptation may greet (women) with salaam, otherwise it is safer to keep silent.

And al-Muhallab is quoted as saying: It is permissible for men to greet women with salaam and for women to greet men, if there is no fear of fitnah.

And Allaah knows best.

See Ahkaam al-'Awrah wa'l-Nazar by Musaa'id ibn Qaasim al-Faalih.
Islam Q&A

cat eyes
05-14-2010, 12:06 AM
jazakAllah khayr

PouringRain
05-14-2010, 01:44 AM
All those bathroom manners on the first page made me think of this one: PLEASE hang up the phone before going into the bathroom!!!

Sawdah
05-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Don't interrupt someone when they're talking. Be patient and wait 'til they finish.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
^^ Or simply ask for 'excuse', jus dont *ZOOM* through.

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:01 AM
ask for permission before joining in a conversation.

Beardo
05-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Knock before entering, even if the door is open.

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
^ stand on the left or right side of the door while knocking.

Beardo
05-26-2010, 04:05 AM
^ Don't knock more than 3 times.

Hidaaya
05-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Always hasten to say salaams to another Muslim!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 04:12 AM
^ If they dont reply after 3 knocks, call 911. (just kidding)

If someone is crossing the road, let them even if they are jaywalking. Dont run them over.

Myself
05-26-2010, 04:14 AM
if an elderly walks in, offer them your own seat if there's no other seats available, or else, bring the vacant chair forward for them.

nousername
05-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Don't smack your gum please

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
Don't smack your gum please
Or chew like a cow. I hate when people chew like that, it looks disgusting and inhumane.

Hidaaya
05-26-2010, 04:26 AM
^ Ahhhh it's so disturbing! :/

Keep modest at all times, and your intentions pure.

Myself
05-26-2010, 04:28 AM
excuse yourself if you need to leave during mealtime. let the person on your right know if you would like to get up after you're finished with your meal (if they're still eating).

marwen
05-26-2010, 04:31 AM
if there are people around you, don't eat alone, but invite them to share the eating with you, it gives you baraka :)

Myself
05-26-2010, 04:39 AM
more blessings if eaten from the same place.^

nousername
05-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Try not to talk too much

nousername
05-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Be friendly and smile (it's a sunnah :) )

Myself
05-26-2010, 06:05 AM
sitting with the guests when they come to visit your home (especially teenagers! having a habit of locking themselves up their rooms)

Abu Zainab
05-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Not keeping pink usernames :p

Uncle WOODROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!

Myself
05-26-2010, 09:33 AM
pink usernames are bad manners? lol.

saying 'excuse me' after burping (not grinning with windows in teeth and going 'hee hee' like 8 year old boys *shudders*)

tango92
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
giving away your provision in charity. wether it even be spending time with someone, or buying a friend lunch.

Myself
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
saying 'hi' to a non muslim on the street out of respect for them as a person and not walking past them ignoring them just because they're unknown, especially when you both are on the same footpath!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-26-2010, 11:59 AM
^ Greet (hi/ hello, Gmorning/ Gafternoon, or whatever greetings u use whrever u r) passengers when entering public transportation.

^ If they dont reply after 3 knocks, call 911. (just kidding)
^:giggling:

Beardo
05-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Always smile when greeting someone! (It makes a BIG difference)

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-26-2010, 12:23 PM
^Thats male - male / female - female.

Beardo
05-26-2010, 12:26 PM
^ Good catch.

Always smell good. >_< Or at least don't smell bad.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-26-2010, 12:34 PM
^Yea! Especially from where u smile n give that hi from *mouth*

Myself
05-26-2010, 01:20 PM
wash all the plates in the sink when at someone else's place for dinner (or at least your own).

tango92
05-26-2010, 01:21 PM
make sure your breath dont kick when talking

Myself
05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
^ this elderly did this the other day. the spittle landed right on another girl's black skirt. poor thing, she just stared at her skirt not being able to remove it because it would only emarrass the elderly. and i just sat there feeling so bad for her.

use a tissue when the nose needs to be picked (far out!)

Asiyah3
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
If a masjid is crowded, don't spread your hands inconsiderately widely as to not cause a tight and uncomfortable position to the others.

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
help others, even if that means you need to go a little out of your way to do it. very rewarding.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Dont eat raw onions and garlics before prayer time..your prayer will be invalid anyway.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
^^Brush teeth & gargle with LISTERINE after eating [the above mentioned] anytime!!

Asiyah3
05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Dont eat raw onions and garlics before prayer time..your prayer will be invalid anyway.
what??? I don't like onions or garlics, but I've never heard this one. Could you please post the source?

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
^ not sure if salaah will be invalid, however the angels move far away from the praying person. that's what i know from the little knowledge i have.

looking down (guiltily for that matter) and accepting any mistakes you've committed (even if you haven't) while a senior scolds you, instead of talking back.

Muhammad
05-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Masha'Allaah, a nice thread. :)

Here's one I came across:

Do not fault anything that is offered to you at the table by saying things such as there is not enough seasoning, vegetables or honey and so on.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
what??? I don't like onions or garlics, but I've never heard this one. Could you please post the source?
I meant that they cannot pray at masjid. They have to pray at home. Sorry about that. Here is the Source.

Praise be to Allaah.

The one who is praying is conversing with his Lord, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When one of you stands to pray, he is conversing with his Lord” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (390) and Muslim (762). So he should be fully prepared for standing before his Lord, and his body and clothes and the place where he prays should be clean and free of any offensive smells. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Children of Adam! Take your adornment (by wearing your clean clothes) while praying [and going round (the Tawaaf of ) the Ka‘bah] and eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allaah) likes not Al‑Musrifoon (those who waste by extravagance)”

[al-A’raaf 7:31].

So the worshipper is enjoined to adorn himself and look presentable when praying.

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Were it not for the fact that I did not want to make things too hard for my ummah, I would have commanded them to use the siwaak at every time of prayer.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (838)and Muslim (370).

With regard to the validity of prayer when there is an unpleasant smell in the mouth, it is valid but it is makrooh (disliked).

If the prayer is offered in the mosque and this smell is obvious to such an extent that it annoys other worshippers and the angels, then it is haraam. Al-Bukhaari (806) and Muslim (870) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has eaten of this plant (i.e., garlic), let him not approach our mosque.”

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has eaten of this plant let him not approach our mosque and annoy us with the smell of garlic.” Narrated by Maalik in al-Muwatta’ (27).

Our advice is to pay attention to cleaning your mouth, and if it needs some treatment then have it treated so that you will not be embarrassed and keep away from prayer in congregation.

And Allaah knows best.

Asiyah3
05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
^Jazakallah.

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
apologise if you bump into someone on the street, rather than walking off as if you didn't know.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah better to apologize, before the person turns on his Hulk mode.

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:32 PM
moving away rocks and sticks from footpaths so it's all clear for people to walk on without difficulty. (sadaqah)

nousername
05-27-2010, 04:09 AM
If possible try not to bring your baby to the masjid, because if he cries the imam will have to try to speed up the prayer and it will disturb other worshipers ( i admit I'm guilty of doing this before)

nousername
05-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Speak good or don't speak

Myself
05-27-2010, 04:27 AM
if cooking something, and it's possible the aroma would drift next door, send some of the food to the neighbours.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
If possible try not to bring your baby to the masjid, because if he cries the imam will have to try to speed up the prayer and it will disturb other worshipers ( i admit I'm guilty of doing this before)
And if your kid is crying when he is not with you in the salat, its better to break your salat and go look at him, because he/she might have gotten hurt.
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The scholars are agreed that stopping an obligatory prayer deliberately with no excuse after having started it is haraam.

The legitimate excuses that make it permissible to stop the prayer include those which are mentioned in the saheeh Sunnah, and those which have been determined by analogy to be similar to them or to be stronger reasons.

Among the legitimate excuses that make it permissible to stop the prayer – whether it is obligatory or naafil – are killing snakes, fear of losing one's belongings, helping one who is in distress, saving one who is drowning, putting out a fire, and warning a heedless person of something that may harm him.

These excuses have been mentioned in the answers to question no. 65682 and 3878.

Secondly:

If a child is crying and his father or mother are unable to quieten him down during a congregational prayer, then it is permissible to stop praying in order to quieten him down, for fear that his crying may be because of some harm that has befallen him, and for fear that the prayer of others may be spoiled because of the disturbance.

If it is possible to quieten him down with a slight movement and without turning away from the qiblah, then the woman may do that and go back to her prayer. She may, for example, move backwards to pick him up without stopping her prayer. But if she is not able to quieten him down without stopping her prayer altogether, then she should do that and there is no sin on her in sha Allaah.

It says in Mataalib Ooli al-Nuha (1/641):

It is Sunnah for the imam to make the prayer brief if something happens during the prayer that means that one of the worshippers has to stop praying, such as hearing a child crying, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I start the prayer intending to make it long, then I hear a child crying, so I make it brief lest I cause hardship to his mother.” Narrated by Abu Dawood. End quote.

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked:

Is it permissible to stop praying if the worshipper sees an animal coming towards him such as a scorpion or other poisonous animal? Similarly, when praying in al-Haram, is it permissible to stop praying so that he can follow his son or daughter who is about to get separated from him and lost?

They replied:

If it is easy for him to get rid of the scorpion etc without stopping the prayer, then he should not stop praying, otherwise he may stop. Similarly if it is easy for him to look after his child without stopping the prayer, he should do so, otherwise he may stop it.

End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’ (8/36, 37)

See also the answer to question no. 26230.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Myself
05-27-2010, 04:38 AM
if you feel like sneezing or coughing, move your face away from people/food, not closer to them/it (happened last night - wasn't the best feeling)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah I hate when people sneeze near me without covering, especially the smell..+o( Its fine if it was a unexpected sneeze.

Also, smile and say salam to Little kids when passing by. Dont be arrogant about it.

marwen
05-27-2010, 04:46 AM
If you want to give an advice to someone, just take him apart so no one else can hear your talk, just to not embarrass him.

Myself
05-27-2010, 04:48 AM
covering the head (for girls) even among women. it's very modest. plus angels of rahmah stay near the person who stays covered.

Myself
05-30-2010, 08:54 AM
if you're bored/tired of some topic/conversation someone is having with you, don't stop smiling, plaster it on your face for as long as possible (its hard, but its worth it in the end).

Asiyah3
05-30-2010, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Myself
covering the head (for girls) even among women. it's very modest. plus angels of rahmah stay near the person who stays covered.
May I ask about the basis for this? I mean angels of rahmah staying near the peson covered.

Cabdullahi
05-30-2010, 09:33 AM
stick your finger in your nose and then in one of your ears... any ear will do and then stick your finger on someone.

Misz_Muslimah
05-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Avoid laughing too much..
Great thread btw

tango92
05-30-2010, 12:00 PM
walk quickly wherever you go, and complete daily tasks in good time. because a muslim does not waste time.

and when rasulullah used to walk, he would walk quickly. (dont have a ref 4 that)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Do not exaggerate in using water while making Wudu. Especially at the Masjid.

Misz_Muslimah
05-30-2010, 05:03 PM
706. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him show hospitality to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him maintain good relation with kins; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him speak good or remain silent.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Ummu Sufyaan
05-31-2010, 10:22 AM
:sl:
be honest and sincere towards others and dont use them...

Misz_Muslimah
05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Fulfill all your promises

689. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Three are the signs of a hypocrite: When he speaks, he lies; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; and when he is trusted, he betrays his trust.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Love for your brother what you love for yourself. If you see a brother happy about something good, be happy for him, do not envy. If you see a muslim with something nice, say mashaAllah.

"None of you will truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself". Rawahul Bukhari.

Misz_Muslimah
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Keep good habits..

692. `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said to me, "O `Abdullah! Do not be like so-and-so; he used to get up at night for optional prayer but abandoned it later.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

marwen
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Be respectful and polite with ulamaa' (scholars) and don't underrate them.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Thats a very important one^

Do not hold grudges among one another..forgive and forget.

Misz_Muslimah
05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Honour the guest..

706. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him show hospitality to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him maintain good relation with kins; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him speak good or remain silent.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Snowflake
05-31-2010, 11:44 AM
If someone asks for help.. help them if you can. It may seem unimportant to you but it could mean a lot to them.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Wear your best clothes when a guest is coming, not to show off, but to make them feel that you are welcoming them.

Misz_Muslimah
05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Using the right hand to perform various good acts..

721. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) liked to use his right hand in all matters: in combing his hair and wearing his shoes.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Myself
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
May I ask about the basis for this? I mean angels of rahmah staying near the peson covered.
sorry, i have no source with me at the moment so i take that part back. i did read it some time ago, though..

Misz_Muslimah
06-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Hastening to do good deeds..

87. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. A man would be a believer in the morning and turn to disbelief in the evening, or he would be a believer in the evening and turn disbeliever in the morning, and would sell his Faith for worldly goods.''
[Muslim].

muslimahhhh
06-18-2010, 11:33 PM
If a person tells you something you have heard before, or news that you already learned, do not interrupt him or her to exhibit your knowledge to those present. This is rude and an ill manner.

Al Mu'minaat
06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Smile to your muslim bro or sis... its charity.!

Misz_Muslimah
06-19-2010, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Mu'minaat
Smile to your muslim bro or sis... its charity.!
703. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I have never seen Messenger of Allah (PBUH) laughing so heartily that his uvula could be seen. He used to smile only.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Misz_Muslimah
10-24-2010, 07:40 PM
:bump1: .

Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
always the hardest, but control your anger.

GuestFellow
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Myself
sitting with the guests when they come to visit your home (especially teenagers! having a habit of locking themselves up their rooms)
I am guilty of doing this. I am too shy to meet people, even shy to meet people that I know very well. I know some people mistaken my shyness for rudeness. -_-;;

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
stick your finger in your nose and then in one of your ears... any ear will do and then stick your finger on someone.
I'm lost here.

Don't spit on the streets.

Hayaa
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
:sl: Clean up after yourselves (don't expect mom/sister to do it! :p)

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahi

try not to physically harm the person that does this ^^ to you

clean up trash you find outside masjid

أحمد
11-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Walk gently on the earth; with humility, not arrogance.

(Quran, 25:63)

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!