/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do we tackle this (lets put our thinking caps on)

Ummu Sufyaan
05-16-2010, 09:58 AM
:sl:
in light of the Islamaphobic tide that seems to be sweeping large parts of world, i want to ask what is required upon us (from Islamic point of view), when we hear about minaret bans and hijab bans, etc its really distressing but the worst bit of all is that i find that we turn around often empty handed, even if we tried. lets say for example, you do write to politicians, etc does this actually work?

what im getting at is what is the most effective method of turning this around. how do stand up for ourselves? so many of this is hated and debated online, but what could we do off line as well? what works other than debates that go around in circles and is merely a show of how well people can prove to themselves how good they can speak. what works other than writing to politicians who dont listen or to try to fight a law that is already written against Muslims?

i dont want to hear any of the above (of course if it works, by all means go right ahead) but seriously there has to be a way out of this and a way to stop this. it is getting ridicilous.

i know most of the time its just threats, but wallahi you never know it could become a reality. and it would be disgraceful to wake up one time and find yourself practically humiliated becuase you couldn't do anything.

ideas please?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
:sl:
for anyone who is interested, i spoke to someone about this and they advised me that one thing that is important is also to educate the Muslims upon what is required of them and the affects that it will have on their iman if these bans go ahead, etc.

so let us seek the proper knowledge, know what our priorities are, read our history so that we can take lessons from it in such situations... let us to know what Allah requires of us in regards to our iman and what is upon us and the affects such actions from hateful people will affect us in the aakhira if we stay silent.

since there are knowledgeable people here, perhaps you could prompt us towards what material could be used to educate the ummah about the delicacy of the situation in the case where it may affect our iman?

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-17-2010, 12:15 PM
It would only be solved when people would start seeing the beauty of Islam. We live in hard times.
It is our duties to make sure that our children would not know such things. Our generation would probably
have to still face these things.

tango92
05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
what we need to do is prepare the muslims of the west through the spread of knowledge, and unite them.

international matters will weigh more heavily than anything you or i do. eg with afg war no sooner coming to an end. and the development of nukes in iran, we will be the ones taking the recoil.
there cant be a peaceful end to this. the stupid people of the west will continue to be decieved by their media, and when an attack is finally taken against the bulk of the muslims (or the mosques etc) then we will react.

you just have to look at the recent bnp protests, the muslims will fight when threatened.

and we have noone to trust except Allah, and Allah will help us when we are worthy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Tango. I agree with you.

But there can be a peaceful solution to this. The way for the peaceful
solution is that after the Muslim in the west would be united and
educated - they would educate the non-believers in the west (which
are being taken hostages by their media). Muslims must take the
upper hand in this.

Most people in the west do not even know what believing in Allah
is. Believe me, Allah willing, if they would be taught and explained
they will become Muslim on their own will. At least many of them.

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
p.s Britain is a tough place though I can say that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!