/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Star of David...Rep Symbol

Re.TiReD
05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Not sure if it is the same for all skins but why does VB4 Default Style have the 6 pointed star as the rep symbol?

Wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
:wa:

Jazaki Allahu Khair for pointing out. We didn't notice it earlier. InshaAllah we will try to change it asap.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Not sure if it is the same for all skins but why does VB4 Default Style have the 6 pointed star as the rep symbol?

Wassalam.
:wasalamex

Lol I noticed it..Its in Breeze style aswell. It shouldnt be a big deal though..:hiding:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .
Just curious and may be a silly Q, but Whos David? whats that got to do with the rep thing? :\ sorry jus a lil confuzzled up in ze mind of myn :\

So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam. . .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .
Just curious and may be a silly Q, but Whos David? whats that got to do with the rep thing? :\ sorry jus a lil confuzzled up in ze mind of myn :\

So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam. . .
Wa alaykum salam..lol you dont know what star of david is??
Just google it..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 01:31 PM
^Should i know? lol Okay

Alpha Dude
05-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with it being there. We don't ascribe any importance to it. It's just a 'star', not the star of David.

aadil77
05-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .

So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam. . .
He's someone special to jews, I don't know what status he holds in judaism but in islam he is prophet Dawud

Woodrow
05-20-2010, 04:48 PM
While the Star of David has become associated predominately with Judaism it is not unique to Judaism. It is the symbol of Prophet Dawud(PBUH) and not limited to Judaism. It should also be noted that it is not a solid 6 pointed star it is formed by 2 intertwined open equilateral triangles. the solid 6 pointed symbol is not a star of David, and has no Judaic significance, it is a world wide accepted punctuation symbol called an asterisk.

The Star of David is not mentioned in Rabbinical writings and was not used by Jews until at least the middle ages. Oldest known depiction of it dates back to 1008 but it was never used as a symbol for Judaism. It became the symbol of Zionism in 1897. But in all cases the Star of David is not a solid star. It is 2 open triangles.

It became widespread recognition of Judaism with the rise of Nazism and the Nazi government required all Jews to be identified by it and to wear it at all times. Many if not most Orthodox Rabbis reject it as being a symbol of Judaism and forbid it's use as such.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
He's someone special to jews, I don't know what status he holds in judaism but in islam he is prophet Dawud
Aah Thought it was some random name. . . Jazakallahu Khayr

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
While the Star of David has become associated predominately with Judaism it is not unique to Judaism. It is the symbol of Prophet Dawud(PBUH) and not limited to Judaism. It should also be noted that it is not a solid 6 pointed star it is formed by 2 intertwined open equilateral triangles. the solid 6 pointed symbol is not a star of David, and has no Judaic significance, it is a world wide accepted punctuation symbol called an asterisk.

The Star of David is not mentioned in Rabbinical writings and was not used by Jews until at least the middle ages. Oldest known depiction of it dates back to 1008 but it was never used as a symbol for Judaism. It became the symbol of Zionism in 1897. But in all cases the Star of David is not a solid star. It is 2 open triangles.

It became widespread recognition of Judaism with the rise of Nazism and the Nazi government required all Jews to be identified by it and to wear it at all times. Many if not most Orthodox Rabbis reject it as being a symbol of Judaism and forbid it's use as such.
Interesting . . . . Jazakallahu Khayr

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .

So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam. . .
:sl:
The story of David or Dawud (alhyasalam) in short:
Goliath, who was the Philistine king and ruled Jerusalem, challenged the Israelites (that's what Jews were called back then), but no soldier had the courage to accept the challenge. Only a sixteen year old boy dared to go out. It was Dawud (alhyasalam). Goliath even promised to give his daughter in marriage to whoever won this combat, so that he would become his successor in the government. Finally, seeing that no one else would take the offer, he allowed Dawud (alhyasalam) to confront him. Dawud (alhyasalam) placed a stone in his sling and went out to do battle. Goliath lunged at him, but Dawud (alhyasalam) hurled the stone from his sling and it struct Goliath's head. This is how he died and his army ended up defeated and expelled. Allah (swt) granted the Israelite a resounding victory under the command of their king, David (alhyasalam). This incident is when they were fighting the "sturdy" giants who ruled Jerusalem and after the time they drank from the lake and disobeyed Saul. The lake incident is related in the Qur'an.

Solomon (alhyasalam) is the son of David (alhyasalam).

The history of Jews is quite interesting and teaches a lot of lessons.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
The story of David or Dawud (alhyasalam) in short:
Goliath, who was the Philistine king and ruled Jerusalem, challenged the Israelites (that's what Jews were called back then), but no soldier had the courage to accept the challenge. Only a sixteen year old boy dared to go out. It was Dawud (alhyasalam). Goliath even promised to give his daughter in marriage to whoever won this combat, so that he would become his successor in the government. Finally, seeing that no one else would take the offer, he allowed Dawud (alhyasalam) to confront him. Dawud (alhyasalam) placed a stone in his sling and went out to do battle. Goliath lunged at him, but Dawud (alhyasalam) hurled the stone from his sling and it struct Goliath's head. This is how he died and his army ended up defeated and expelled. Allah (swt) granted the Israelite a resounding victory under the command of their king, David (alhyasalam). This incident is when they were fighting the "sturdy" giants who ruled Jerusalem and after the time they drank from the lake and disobeyed Saul. The lake incident is related in the Qur'an.

Solomon (alhyasalam) is the son David (alhyasalam).

The history of Jews is quite interesting and teaches a lot of lessons.
Jazakallahu khayr sis:) . . .Awesome

جوري
05-20-2010, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I don't think there's anything wrong with it being there. We don't ascribe any importance to it. It's just a 'star', not the star of David.
I'll have to agree with that.. plus I think it has Islamic roots, my grandmother's mother had an old house adorned with these sort of stars in an arabesque style windows way before the Zionist state took it to symbolize their oppression!

:w:

جوري
05-20-2010, 07:14 PM

managed to find an image of the windows

371463019 f41f3b208f 1?v0 -

such style was very popular in Egypt.. but it is a dying art now, not many artisans left making this style homes

Woodrow
05-20-2010, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

managed to find an image of the windows

371463019 f41f3b208f 1?v0 -

such style was very popular in Egypt.. but it is a dying art now, not many artisans left making this style homes

In Islam it was widely used in old architectural embellishments. To the Muslims it was known as the "Seal of Suleiman" While it is possible the use of 2 intertwined equilateral triangles to demonstrate a math principle was used by Aristotle, it became an Islamic symbol for Muslims long before it was blasphemed by the Zionist movement.

Re.TiReD
05-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Oki doke, I'm not really bothered to be honest, I wasnt asking for it to be removed, just enquiring as to why it was there, surely there's something for it be replaced with. Anyhoot, as long as others dont care, neither do I.

Wassalam

Woodrow
05-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Oki doke, I'm not really bothered to be honest, I wasnt asking for it to be removed, just enquiring as to why it was there, surely there's something for it be replaced with. Anyhoot, as long as others dont care, neither do I.

Wassalam

I doubt if it can be changed without doing another upgrade of the forum. I think many members here would be very upset with Bro. Rashad if he tries another upgrade in the near future. I suspect most members just saw it as an asterisk and never thought it had a resemblance to the "Star of David". Personally I see it as having a resemblance to the Islamic "Khatam Suleiman". (Seal of Solomon)

The Seal of Solomon on a silver coin from Syria under the Ayyubid Dynasty:

In the mideast and north Africa it is often found in architecture and window design. It has been and continues to be a favorite shape for windows in Masjids and other Islamic buildings:

Ramadhan
05-22-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I doubt if it can be changed without doing another upgrade of the forum. I think many members here would be very upset with Bro. Rashad if he tries another upgrade in the near future.
I will be one among those many members
:)
sorry brother Rashad, but please no more upgrades unless it is super extremely necessary.

I suspect most members just saw it as an asterisk and never thought it had a resemblance to the "Star of David". Personally I see it as having a resemblance to the Islamic "Khatam Suleiman". (Seal of Solomon)
True, I thought it was just an asterisk star and did not notice it as star of David.

Beardo
05-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Wassalam
Welcome back tot he forum sister! When'd you return from your ban?

----

I'll be performing yet ANOTHER upgrade due to your guys' insistence. :p

ardianto
05-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Not the Star of David, I think, but .......

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Lol^^..........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!