/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women and politics

HAWA*~
05-21-2010, 03:04 AM
I know that a women running a caliphate is not allowed in islam but can women participate in other aspects of political life?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HAWA*~
05-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know?

جوري
05-22-2010, 09:19 PM

There is nothing wrong, then, if a woman is appointed as head of an institution, or member of parliament as long as it is within the interests of the Muslim society.
Conclusion:

1. According to Sheikh Al-Qaradawi's fatwa, you are blameless for nominating yourself as a candidate in the elections of MSA presidency, for it is not a caliphate office.

2. It was the duty of those brothers who dropped out of the association to give you sincere advice and to explain why they did so.

3. Muslim associations in the west shoulder a great responsibility, namely caring about the welfare of Islam and Muslims, and therefore Muslims should support them irrespective of the gender of their leaders.

4. Muslims now are in need of understanding what Muslim scholars call as fiqh al-awlawiyyat or discernment of priorities, which requires Muslims to concern themselves with the fundamental issues and disregard trivialities. Thus, it was the duty of the brothers of the MSA to be more active and support the association in order to bring forth its avowed fruits.

5. The questioner, the ex-president of the MSA, was put in her position by the voters, and so it became binding upon all members of the association to give loyalty to her as long as there was nothing unlawful committed.

Related Questions

- Can a Woman Be a Nation’s Leader?

- How Leadership Is Decided in Islam

- Women in Leading Posts

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz0ohBZ9wJE

:w:

HAWA*~
05-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Thank you very much sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-22-2010, 09:44 PM
sure sis my pleasure.. I read somewhere that there were Muslim women jurors back in the day but can't locate the article at the moment..

HAWA*~
05-22-2010, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
sure sis my pleasure.. I read somewhere that there were Muslim women jurors back in the day but can't locate the article at the moment..

If you ever do find it keep a sister posted...

جوري
05-22-2010, 10:54 PM
you bet :smile:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!