/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When is it time to see a doctor?

Donia
05-22-2010, 04:28 AM
:sl:

I have been having a few symptoms for awhile that I have basically self-diagnosed (even though I am far from qualified) and just tried to ignore.

However, now I have been wondering if I should go and see a doctor.
Going to the doctor would be pretty expensive for me right now so that is probably why I have avoided it.
The main one is being tired a lot but there are more that I would rather not say publicly..

JazakAllah for anyone's help..

Thank u...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 04:36 AM
:wasalamex

“Allaah has not created any disease without also creating the cure; some know it and some do not.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 5678)

Sister I encourage you to recite Quran, because Quran heals all kinds of diseases.

Ruqyah and seeking medical treatment differ in two ways:

The first difference is that a person will feel a greater attachment to the one who does ruqyah than to the one who offers medical treatment, because if Allaah decrees that he should be healed through ruqyah, the bond between the person who did the ruqyah and the person who was sick is a spiritual bond, as the cure did not come about through physical means. The fact that it is a spiritual bond may be a source of fitnah (temptation or trial), as he may say, “he is one of the awliya’ (close friends) of Allaah” and so on, which may lead him to shirk (associating partners with Allaah). Hence it was followed by the words “… and who put their trust in their Lord.”

The second difference is that a sick person may ask for ruqyah from someone who is not qualified to do it, because the latter is not using something tangible that can be identified. So the person who has been asked to do ruqyah may do it, and the sick person may be healed coincidentally, not as a result of the ruqyah which was not done according to sharee’ah, but at the same time as the ruqyah is done, so people may suffer fitnah because of this, and think that this is a person whose du’aa’s are answered and whose ruqyah is blessed, when this is not the case.

For this reason the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “… those who do not ask for ruqyah..” and did not say “those who do not seek treatment. Seeking treatment is essential, but it is better not to seek ruqyah. However, if a person comes forward and recites something over you and you do not stop him, this does not mean that you are not counted among the people mentioned in the hadeeth, because you did not ask for ruqyah. By the same token, if you do ruqyah for your brother, you are doing him a favour, and this does not rule you out from being one of the seventy thousand. Thus we say that the extra phrase reported in Saheeh Muslim, “… and they did not do ruqyah…” is a dubious addition that is not saheeh. The correct wording is only “Those who did not ask for ruqyah.”

With regard to seeking ruqyah from a scholar, if he is known as such then you can ask him for ruqyah, because if he treats a person with ruqyah, they will benefit from it, by the grace of Allaah, as is the case with doctors who treat people.

With regard to the question of whether we should treat the person who is afflicted by the evil eye with ruqyah or tell him to bear it with patience, the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us the way to seek healing from the evil eye, when he told the one who had put the evil eye on one of his companions to do ghusl and wudoo’, then to take some of the water and pour it over the one who was afflicted until he recovered.
Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 55/121

جوري
05-22-2010, 04:56 AM
you can tell your doctor that you can't afford to pay in full and they'll provide you with a payment plan or waive fees all together.. It is illegal by law to turn any patient down even if they can't afford it..

I think it will put your mind at ease any malady can be greatly exaggerated by ones mind if one doesn't seek immediate attention..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Abdul Wahid
05-22-2010, 05:12 AM
:wa: sister.

First and foremost make dua to ALLAH(SWT) that you get better, & that He(SWT) protects you and keeps you healthy. For it is ALLAH(SWT) that gives shifa (healing).

I would suggest seeing a doctor - there is nothing wrong with it. Seeing as though it may be expensive; check this thread out if you have time.

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...lonji-oil.html

Sometimes with tiredness you could be short of vitamins but I suppose you would not know until you get it checked out.

Also try to sleep during the right times (thats if your not) i.e. during the nights. Try to keep yourself busy during the day.

Most importantly eat healthy foods. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Plenty of benefits from eating them. Avoid the fast foods/greasy/oily foods.

May ALLAH(SWT) make it easy for you and give you shifa. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Donia
05-24-2010, 01:50 AM
JazakAllah for your responses.

Sister Skye, I did not know that people cannot be turned away because of financial reasons.. That helps a lot.

I'm not sure if it's just allergies or what..

I'll keep praying and hopefully try to seek out a doctor insha'Allah..

جوري
05-24-2010, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
JazakAllah for your responses.

Sister Skye, I did not know that people cannot be turned away because of financial reasons.. That helps a lot.

I'm not sure if it's just allergies or what..

I'll keep praying and hopefully try to seek out a doctor insha'Allah..

my friend's aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, she wasn't even an American citizen, they are Punjabi, and they filled out a form for her, there are many different ones, including deferred payment.

It doesn't cost much to get a basic workup, honestly find yourself a nice Muslim doctor and explain the situation, they'll treat you for free even or reduce your cost tremendously. If you live in NY I can give you contacts to one or two Muslim doctor out in long Island... (let me know ok?)

:w:

Woodrow
05-24-2010, 04:16 AM
If you knew your mother felt as sick as you do, would you want her to see a Doctor?

If your answer to that is yes, you have no business sitting here and asking. Get to a Doctor.

cat eyes
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
dont be thinking about money. get it from somewhere... your health is your wealth and its true doctor cant refuse you if you cant efford thats why i go to my sisters doctor.. he dont charge me and tells me to give me the money when i have or just lets me off all together. ive been waiting so long for medical card, if u live in the u.k you can get treatment for free if you have medical card

Donia
05-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Thank you for all the advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!