/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To all the Artists!

- Qatada -
05-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Asalaam alaikum warahmatulah wabarakatuh

To all the Artists! Can you Draw Jannah [Paradise]?

I want to see your imagination on Jannah, and how it looks like (even though i know you can't imagine it really in this life). But based on the description given by Ibn al Qayyim:

http://istighfar.wordpress.com/2007/...n-of-paradise/

it would be really exciting to see how you use different colours and pictures to make your view of how you want to imagine it to look like.

If you can't do it, maybe you can inspire a kid to draw one for you?

At the end, we'll all share our pictures of our own versions. And it will all be for a useful project in the end insha' Alah.

So, Who wants to join in? :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
05-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Whatever our pictures look like, it will never look like jannah !
(pls, that's an excuse for me because I'm just bad in drawing skills ;D)
Believe me, if I present my drawing of jannah no one will like to go to it lol

hope we have more skilled members to show us beautiful pics ...

Ummu Sufyaan
05-30-2010, 10:26 AM
:wasalamex
i dont think there would be enough paper, imagination, color...i dont think a persons skill (no matter how good they are) could come even close to what they are imaging jannah to be, let alone have the ability to draw it (that imagination of jannah they have).

none-the-less, this should be interesting.

Darth Ultor
05-30-2010, 11:05 AM
How can anyone even comprehend Jannah? But if you want to know what I imagine sometimes, I'll link you to a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EckR41F1TR8

Forward to 2:10 and stop at 2:29

Jahannam, on the other hand, I think is influenced by popular culture. I imagine not a literal fire, but a dark labyrinth where one experiences a certain degree of shame based on what he did in life to deserve that punishment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-30-2010, 02:27 PM
:salamext:

Even if your a first time drawer, it would be really good if you could get involved in this project. Insha' Allah it will really be of benefit to alot of Muslims [i'll tell you why later insha' Allah if we get alot of pictures].

I'll try to come up with something too insha' Allah soon.

Darth Ultor
05-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Had to put a different video. Didn't realize what that idiot named Tidus in the other one.

Asiyah3
05-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I'll try insha'llah.

- Qatada -
05-30-2010, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
I'll try insha'llah.

jazakillah khayr!

Nájlá
05-30-2010, 05:28 PM
I'll try too, But I'll take ages cos I have exams comming up so I'll be busy.

Snowflake
05-30-2010, 05:46 PM
LOL good idea! But I agree with Sis Ummu Sufyaan. It's hard enough imagining it. Drawing it is next to impossible. I did kinda see Jannah in a dream when I was about seven. I was walking with Allah and Allah subhana wa ta 'ala showed me some golden scales asked me if I knew what they were for. I said no. And then Allah told me they were to weigh peoples sins and good deeds. Astaghfirullah astaghfirullah astaghfirullah :cry: Well anyway in my dream Jannah just looked like a nice garden to me lol. Astaghfirullah. But at least I was with Allah :cry:

shuraimfan4lyf
05-30-2010, 05:53 PM
SubhanAllah, I love the way Ibn Qayyim (Rahima Hullah) described it, I have heard it before from Sheikh Ibrahim Dremali. I just love this part, it will give you hope, joy, and tears. :cry:

And if you ask about the Day of Increase (in reward) and the visit of the all-Mighty, all-Wise, and the sight of His Face – free from any resemblance or likeness to anything – as you see the Sun in the middle of the day and the full Moon on a cloudless night, then listen on the day that the caller will call: ‘O People of Paradise! Your Lord – Blessed and Exalted – requests you to visit Him, so come to visit Him!’ So they will say: ‘We hear and obey!’

Until, when they finally reach the wide valley where they will all meet – and none of them will turn down the request of the caller – the Lord – Blessed and Exalted – will order His Chair to be brought there. Then, pulpits of light will emerge, as well as pulpits of pearls, gemstone, gold, and silver. The lowest of them in rank will sit on sheets of musk, and will not see what those who are on the chairs above them are given. When they are comfortable where they are sitting and are secure in their places, and the caller calls: ‘O People of Paradise! You have an appointment with Allaah in which He wishes to reward you!’ So they will say: ‘And what is that reward? Has He not already made our faces bright, made our scales heavy, entered us into Paradise, and pushed us away from the Fire?’

And when they are like that, all of a sudden a light shines that encompasses all of Paradise. So, they raise their heads, and, behold: the Compeller – Exalted is He, and Holy are His Names – has come to them from above them and majestified them and said: ‘O People of Paradise! Peace be upon you!’ So, this greeting will not be responded to with anything better than: ‘O Allaah! You are Peace, and from You is Peace! Blessed are You, O possessor of Majesty and Honor!’ So the Lord – Blessed and Exalted – will laugh to them and say: ‘O People of Paradise! Where are those who used to obey Me without having ever seen Me? This is the Day of Increase!’

So, they will all give the same response: ‘We are pleased, so be pleased with us!’ So, He will say: ‘O People of Paradise! If I were not pleased with you, I would not have made you inhabitants of My Paradise! So, ask of Me!’ So, they will all give the same response: ‘Show us your Face so that we may look at it!’ So, the Lord – Mighty and Majestic – will remove his covering and will majestify them and will cover them with His Light, which, if Allaah – the Exalted – had not Willed not to burn them, would have burned them.

And there will not remain a single person in this gathering except that his Lord – the Exalted – will speak to him and say: ‘Do you remember the day that you did this and that?’ and He will remind him of some of his bad deeds in the Worldy life, so he will say: ‘O Lord! Will you not forgive me?’ So, He will say: ‘Of course! You have not reached this position of yours (in Paradise) except by my forgiveness.’

So, how sweet is this speech to the ears, and how cooled are the righteous eyes by the glance at His Noble Face in the Afterlife…

{Some faces that Day will be shining and radiant, looking at their Lord…} (al-Qiyaamah:22-3)

Jazak'Allah khair brother Qatada for reminding again.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
^Jazakallahu Khaayr that was really soo BEAUTIFUL . . .MashaAllaah. . .
Makes me realise soo much. . Indeed Allaahs one more than his ownself. .
This thread is awesome MashaAllaah Jazakallahu Khayr

Snowflake
05-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Allahu Akbar!! *shivers*

جوري
05-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Not sure paradisaical to me is about the view as it is about a feeling.. I have experienced this amazing feelings two Ramadan's ago while making maghrib prayer right after breaking fast.. and I have lived since trying to capture that again but even when I come close I am never quite there :(... it was amazing.. sob7an Allah what an amazing feeling that was... no pain, utter contentment, delighted by the hues in the sky, at peace with self, and the world, close to Allah swt.. imagine how many Ramadan's I have had, and only one night stands out as if from paradise.. not sure whether to be happy or sad about that but utterly grateful that Allah swt allowed me to feel that beyond this world sense of peace at least once!..

great thread btw

:w:

Snowflake
05-31-2010, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Not sure paradisaical to me is about the view as it is about a feeling.. I have experienced this amazing feelings two Ramadan's ago while making maghrib prayer right after breaking fast.. and I have lived since trying to capture that again but even when I come close I am never quite there :(... it was amazing.. sob7an Allah what an amazing feeling that was... no pain, utter contentment, delighted by the hues in the sky, at peace with self, and the world, close to Allah swt.. imagine how many Ramadan's I have had, and only one night stands out as if from paradise.. not sure whether to be happy or sad about that but utterly grateful that Allah swt allowed me to feel that beyond this world sense of peace at least once!..

great thread btw

MashaAllah. I loved reading your post sis. What a beautiful example of the True Speech of Allah:

Verily! Only in the remembrance of Allah will your heart find peace."
Quran (Surah 13: Verse 29)

May Allah bless you with a permanent state of spiritual contentment. Ameen. InshaAllah He will sis because you have a clean heart mashaAllah. :statisfie

جوري
05-31-2010, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
MashaAllah. I loved reading your post sis. What a beautiful example of the True Speech of Allah:

May Allah bless you with a permanent state of spiritual contentment. Ameen. InshaAllah He will sis because you have a clean heart mashaAllah. :statisfie
awwwwww.. Jazaki Allah khyran beloved sis, wa eyakoum kol khyer insha'Allah.. I think maybe Allah swt isn't very pleased with me now a days and for good reasons that I shall keep to myself :(

cat eyes
05-31-2010, 04:23 PM
LOL good idea! But I agree with Sis Ummu Sufyaan. It's hard enough imagining it. Drawing it is next to impossible. I did kinda see Jannah in a dream when I was about seven. I was walking with Allah and Allah subhana wa ta 'ala showed me some golden scales asked me if I knew what they were for. I said no. And then Allah told me they were to weigh peoples sins and good deeds. Astaghfirullah astaghfirullah astaghfirullah :cry: Well anyway in my dream Jannah just looked like a nice garden to me lol. Astaghfirullah. But at least I was with Allah :cry:
:ooh: Im so jealous of that dream you had. wow subhanAllah
:wub:

cat eyes
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
mind you i had some good dreams too i cant complain:) i had a dream that i was in this massive beautiful garden, two or three times i had that dream. in one dream i was on this sofa lol high up in the sky and i was with loads of intelligent people lol they were so kind to me. the dream was clear that i still remember it.

i had a dream before i reverted to islaam that i saw jannah and i was travelling through it on a bus lol subhanAllah. there was also two gards with me but they were not human.. they were some other creation. i just knew it was heaven cos of how beautiful it was, it was just huge and extremely pink

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 06:54 PM
^MashaAllaah . . :)

-Elle-
06-01-2010, 02:43 AM
I'd love to try insh'Allah...maybe in two weeks time I'll have smtg ready to show.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-01-2010, 04:08 AM
:sl:
is there a dead line to this? should we make it a competition?

- Qatada -
06-02-2010, 09:54 AM

jazakum Allahu khayran everyone! :D

We're going to be sending the pics to the muslim prisoners insha' Allah. so it would be good if they're colourful. because prison life is so dull.. it might inspire and revive their hopes again.

so its something worth doing insha Allah, and we won't mention your names either, unless you want that. so don't worry about that.

-Elle-
06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
:O I didn't know that!...It is for those who have been falsely accused and wrongly emprisoned, correct? Mash'Allah may Allah(SWT) reward your efforts.

InshAllah will try my best, but even if I make a good drawing, the quality will significantly decrease when I scan it on the computer :S..Any tricks for that?

marwen
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
can someone just post a da mn picture ? hahaha :D
We all are talking and not working !

Ummu Sufyaan
06-02-2010, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
:O I didn't know that!...It is for those who have been falsely accused and wrongly emprisoned, correct? Mash'Allah may Allah(SWT) reward your efforts.

InshAllah will try my best, but even if I make a good drawing, the quality will significantly decrease when I scan it on the computer :S..Any tricks for that?
take a photo of it?

marwen
06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I tried to make a picture by myself but I failed, so I will just post pictures I found in the net :

- Qatada -
06-02-2010, 05:17 PM

What i'm intending to do is (i hope that i can do it insha' Allah), i want to draw what i imagine to be from the descriptions mentioned in Ibn al Qayyim's poetry. then i want to draw each object, and quote the poetry of it on the back of the page. So the one who looks at it can reflect on its reality - since ibn al qayyim's poem is based on descriptions from Qur'an and Sunnah.

And yeah, its to the prisoners who are falsely accused etc. you can take photos or scans of it. and remember, it just has to be done.. don't worry if it isn't the best quality. because the prisoners are so happy when you just show them you care, and they realise that they are not forgotten.

barak Allahu feekum everyone :)

Na7lah
06-08-2010, 01:33 AM

This is a good idea, you should make a blog for it and have more people join in.

tango92
06-08-2010, 02:51 AM
i remember my childhood fantasies of jannah being like asda/walmart fruit section. just instead of apples there were walls with shelves packed full of mars, snickers and anything else unhealthy you could imagine. mind you i was still a bad kid, so i guess it was lacking somehwat....

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
awwwwww.. Jazaki Allah khyran beloved sis, wa eyakoum kol khyer insha'Allah.. I think maybe Allah swt isn't very pleased with me now a days and for good reasons that I shall keep to myself :(

:sl: You know what? This is what I really love seeing.. when a sis/bro is conscious of whatever weaknesses they have and feel bad about it. I love seeing it because it's a sign of imaan mashaAllah. You already know Allah is the Most Kind and Forgiving.. need I say more :statisfie

Im so jealous of that dream you had. wow subhanAllah
aw ukhti..... blah call the plumber my eyes are leaking : ( lol... not cuz of your post.. just remembering Allah :cry: amazing how the smallest things can trigger off such deep emotions subhanAllah!!! I don't know what to make of such dreams. They can be warnings :cry: I had this one dream where I was standing in front of a mosque and when I looked up at it's minaret, I saw that it was reaching the moon :cry: Allahu alam what that meant.

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
mind you i had some good dreams too i cant complain:) i had a dream that i was in this massive beautiful garden, two or three times i had that dream. in one dream i was on this sofa lol high up in the sky and i was with loads of intelligent people lol they were so kind to me. the dream was clear that i still remember it.

i had a dream before i reverted to islaam that i saw jannah and i was travelling through it on a bus lol subhanAllah. there was also two gards with me but they were not human.. they were some other creation. i just knew it was heaven cos of how beautiful it was, it was just huge and extremely pink
MashaAllah! :D the bus part is funny ;D did you have to pay for a ticket :? No really did you? :uuh:

format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

jazakum Allahu khayran everyone! :D

We're going to be sending the pics to the muslim prisoners insha' Allah. so it would be good if they're colourful. because prison life is so dull.. it might inspire and revive their hopes again.

so its something worth doing insha Allah, and we won't mention your names either, unless you want that. so don't worry about that.
Wow you should've said before. MashaAllah great idea! Now I'm def going to have a go inshaAllah.

- Qatada -
06-08-2010, 04:11 PM

jazakum Allahu khayrun!

i did one partially, then my little sister spoiled it : ( i'll try again insha' Allah

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 09:22 PM
wa iyyak

i did one partially, then my little sister spoiled it : ( i'll try again insha' Allah
ow! inshaAllah you might make it better next time :peace:

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:25 PM

????????????????????????????

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
????????????????????????????
Kids not allowed around artwork :hmm:

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh LOL..i was confused, i thought they were holding hands, so its "NO to bf/gf" thing..nvm

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL! :p

IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
i read the whole thing to see some submissions

I really REALLY wanted to see some submissions.

if i had the slightest artistic flair I would have contributed, partially due to who the OP is :)

I'll be keeping an eye here, please do submit people.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-14-2010, 05:36 AM
i didnt end up drawing anything about jannah because i don't think my artistic level is good enough...plus i came across this anyway.

but i did draw something else (is it ok if its not a picture of jannah). with much reluctance i post this :hmm: it was originally meant to be a sunflower (i wanted to start off with something simple), but i ruined the colors/hues of the petals....im not sure what flower its meant to be now. and the yellow colors (that aren't part of the flower)...im not sure what happened there either... and the blue background kind of stuffed up as well :hmm: it wasn't meant to be that obvious.

*charisma*
10-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Assalamu alaikum

I opened this thread with such excitement...I'm full of disappointments, FULL of disappointments, people! 38 posts of false hope <_<

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

S.Belle
10-02-2010, 03:08 AM
ROFL i could not stop laughing reading these posts
especially at marwen's LOL because i was actually thinking it and then I see it written hahahaha

but I dont think its even possible for me to drae such a spledid place and any attempt that I do would just be crappy compared to the real deal......so sorries :)

Snowflake
10-02-2010, 08:43 AM
From link in sis ummu sufyaan's post...

What is the ruling on drawing artistic impressions of Paradise
What is the ruling on drawing artistic impressions of Paradise based on the descriptions given by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?

Praise be to Allaah.
That is not permissible, and it is not possible, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that his Lord said, describing Paradise: “I have prepared for My righteous servants that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and it has not crossed the mind of man. Recite, if you wish:

‘No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy’

[al-Sajdah 32:17 – interpretation of the meaning].”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3244; Muslim, 3824).

This drawing may lead to belittling of the delights of Paradise; the descriptions narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah are sufficient, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained to his companions. And Allaah knows best.

how about we just draw a nice picture with a message of hope and sabr on it inshaAllah? I did make an attempt, but my hands weren't in the artistic mood that day.

@Ummu Sufyaan.. you're sunflower isn't bad sis. If the petals were yellower and the sky was bluer, the contrast would make it look more solid. A deeper blue in the back inshaAllah.

Amoeba
10-03-2010, 10:52 AM
To all the Artists! Can you Draw Jannah[Paradise]?
Ha.... ahaha.... AHAHAHAHAHAHA! :giggling:

I find it funny how nobody has posted anything yet. Either there's a masterpiece or two in the works or it's just too big a task.

I had this image (false memory, brain phenomenon to do with fabricated childhood memories that seem real) in my mind of what paradise is like. It was beyond anything that can be described in this reality, total upheaval of the laws of physics and time, I can't even say for sure that there was energy and matter, I think there was far more different things than that, not just five bodily senses but hundreds, etc.

Now if I can imagine that as a very limited human, what must the real Jannah be like? Far greater than that by orders of magnitude. The artists really have their work cut out for them, lol!

Tyrion
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Since nobody is submitting their own work, how about we try posting pictures of scenes that might remind us somewhat of Jannah? At least that way we'll have something to look at, and maybe it'll inspire someone to draw their own picture. :p I'd draw one myself, but I just don't have the time right now...

I'll start off with a rather generic scene that I've always loved (as you can probably tell by my avatar..):

I love any variation of that "lone tree" scene...

Another scene that gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling is one of twilight... Here's one that popped up on google image search:

And finally, here's one that came as a wallpaper on my laptop... Makes me feel really calm. :p

All these pictures (and other variations of them) seem to give me that warm fuzzy feeling one gets when thinking of a Paradise... Hopefully now someone will feel inspired enough to draw us a picture :)

S.Belle
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
ok since we cant draw jannah here is some flowers as well
and I loved you sunflower Sis it was very pretty :statisfie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Snowflake
04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
A Massive BUMP!

Previously this ruling was posted in answer to the permissibility of drawing Jannah and I'm in full agreement with it IF we were claiming that our drawings are true descriptions of Jannah. But nobody's making such claims. Allah has described Jannah extensively in the Quran and through His Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) for us to imagine it's delights and joys. We should, and are allowed to imagine Jannah. So as long as we acknowledge what we imagine is not the true depiction of Jannah and give our imagination colour and shape on paper, it is really so wrong to do this, if it brings a little peace and strength to the hearts of those who are suffering. I know if I was banged up in some cell somewhere, it would mean so much to me to receive a reminder of Jannah like this. Can't we get a second opinion?

What is the ruling on drawing artistic impressions of Paradise
What is the ruling on drawing artistic impressions of Paradise based on the descriptions given by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?

Praise be to Allaah.
That is not permissible, and it is not possible, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that his Lord said, describing Paradise: “I have prepared for My righteous servants that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and it has not crossed the mind of man. Recite, if you wish:

This drawing may lead to belittling of the delights of Paradise; the descriptions narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah are sufficient, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained to his companions. And Allaah knows best.

- Qatada -
04-11-2012, 05:35 AM

Snowflake, sister muslima haya is an awesome painter, she made a thread about this but hardly anyone responded;

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ome-ideas.html

Maybe you can share some ideas to encourage it.. i think her paintings are awesome;

(these are some examples of her past paintings):

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...paintings.html

May Allah bless her and I ask Allah to allow her to use them amazing skills for helping Islam and the Muslims, ameen ya Allah.

Periwinkle18
04-11-2012, 06:53 AM
wow thts a gr8 idea i sooo wanna draw buh im really busy rite now will do it in the holidays inshaAllah :) i guess its sumfin like this buh i hav other t

hngs in mind too

Periwinkle18
04-11-2012, 06:53 AM
wow thts a gr8 idea i sooo wanna draw buh im really busy rite now will do it in the holidays inshaAllah :) i guess its sumfin like this buh i hav other thngs in mind too

Snowflake
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

Snowflake, sister muslima haya is an awesome painter, she made a thread about this but hardly anyone responded;

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ome-ideas.html

Maybe you can share some ideas to encourage it.. i think her paintings are awesome;

(these are some examples of her past paintings):

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...paintings.html

May Allah bless her and I ask Allah to allow her to use them amazing skills for helping Islam and the Muslims, ameen ya Allah.
Thanks for reminding brother. Masha Allah, the paintings are truly beautiful. I'll share some of my ideas with sis muslim haya insha Allah.

Ossama
10-30-2021, 03:13 PM
It's haram is Islam to draw artistic impressions of the paradise and the hellfire and the scholars have already issued fatwas in this regard

So please delete your request

Question no 22723 sent t Islamqa website
Answer
Praise be to Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.